Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Stephanie; February 16th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Feb 4 2010, 08:48 PM (2,036 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Melanie writes a letter to Nathan, but Stephanie intervenes. Stephanie finds a drunk Nathan about to tell Melanie he loves her. Stephanie knows what she has interrupted because of the things that Nathan has said and the looks he has given Melanie. Shelley says that “Steph has accepted it, hoping he’ll forget about it and move on with her.”

Melanie writes Nathan a letter and asks Stephanie to deliver it. “Steph has a feeling she knows what the letter is about. It’s pretty obvious. Still, she agrees to do this favor for Melanie and heads to the hospital, “ says Shelley. Once she is at the hospital, Stephanie ends up reading the letter and it confirms what she thought it would say. Shelley says that Stephanie is thinking, “Are you kidding me? You’re about to marry my ex-fiance, who I pretty much let you have because I was done with being hurt. Then, I go for Nathan, because I think something can happen with him. Now you want him, too?”

Stephanie is torn about what to do. Before she decides, she mentions Melanie to Nathan and he says that the doesn’t want to hear anything about her. So, she doesn’t give him the letter.

Shelley says, “It’s a messed-up thing that she does, but everything Melanie has done is messed up, too. She slept with Phillip when he and Stephanie were on a break. That ruined Phillip and Stephanie’s relationship, when they could have worked things out. Now Melanie wants Nathan, too. It’s too much. After everything Steph has been through, she reached her breaking point.”

Stephanie tells Melanie that Nathan didn’t want to read the letter and that he said he doesn’t want anything to do with her. Melanie is upset, but is then ready to get on with her wedding.

Stephanie is hoping she can change the fact that Nathan may be pining away for Melanie. Shelley says, “Phillip and Melanie are going away on their honeymoon. They’ll be gone for months. And Stephanie and Nathan are about to go away on a romantic ski trip together.”

Shelley shares a mishap that happened during the filming of the wedding; “Suzanne Rogers’ hair almost caught fire! One of the lights blew out, and this spark fell on her head. Bryan Dattilo came running from the other side of the stage and started hitting her head to put it out. Fortunately, Suzanne was okay. She’s a trouper.”

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 4 2010, 08:48 PM
Shelley shares a mishap that happened during the filming of the wedding; “Suzanne Rogers’ hair almost caught fire! One of the lights blew out, and this spark fell on her head. Bryan Dattilo came running from the other side of the stage and started hitting her head to put it out.”
I love Suzanne, but that is a hilarious visual! :lol:

Days4Life

I know from personal experience that no good thing comes from combining hairspray and sparks of any kind. Unfortunately, Brian Datillo was not around when I learned that lesson!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Yay! Bryan was the Hero!

I really hate that Nathan has all these feelings for Melanie. I understand him caring for her but Stephanie is where it's at. Am I the only Stephanie/Nathan fan? or Stephanie fan for that matter?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Halloween Family
Feb 4 2010, 09:05 PM
I really hate that Nathan has all these feelings for Melanie. I understand him caring for her but Stephanie is where it's at. Am I the only Stephanie/Nathan fan? or Stephanie fan for that matter?
You're not totally alone. I do like Stephanie and I do think Stephanie and Nathan have very enjoyable chemistry, further I don't have a single clue as to why Nathan or anyone would have feelings for Melanie (I know you like Melanie more than I do, lol, though who doesn't). My problem is that knowing Nathan has feelings, however inexplicable they may be as far as I'm concerned, for Melanie, I can't enjoy or root for Stephanie and Nathan since they're not giving them any sort of a fair shot.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Yay! Bryan was the Hero!

I actually like Stephanie. I just don't understand why Phillip and Nathan are not chasing her instead.

Both Nathan and Phillip are idiots for chasing after a "teenybopper Melanie".

jane1978

Halloween Family
Yay! Bryan was the Hero!

I like Stephanie/Nathan too. From their first scene together it was very clear Mark hapka finds Shelley very attractive and wouldn´t mind at all if Nathan got involved with her. I never felt the same sparks with him and Mel/Molly. This story makes good sense on paper but I do think it goes little against where the true chemistry is.

On the other side, if Mel/Nathan are supposed to be the tortured couple they´ll probably spend most of time apart. I´m sure the writers are very much aware there isn´t much to do with them once they got together.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Shelley shares a mishap that happened during the filming of the wedding; “Suzanne Rogers’ hair almost caught fire! One of the lights blew out, and this spark fell on her head. Bryan Dattilo came running from the other side of the stage and started hitting her head to put it out. Fortunately, Suzanne was okay. She’s a trouper."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of the time my sister caught her hair on fire by accidentally brushing into a candle at my aunt & uncle's wedding reception.

lily20

Mirage75
Feb 4 2010, 09:12 PM
I actually like Stephanie. I just don't understand why Phillip and Nathan are not chasing her instead.

Both Nathan and Phillip are idiots for chasing after a "teenybopper Melanie".

I like her too and I wish she was in this triangle instead of melanie.

I can't stand that annoying little twit!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kenny
Feb 4 2010, 09:27 PM
Angie79
Shelley shares a mishap that happened during the filming of the wedding; “Suzanne Rogers’ hair almost caught fire! One of the lights blew out, and this spark fell on her head. Bryan Dattilo came running from the other side of the stage and started hitting her head to put it out. Fortunately, Suzanne was okay. She’s a trouper."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of the time my sister caught her hair on fire by accidentally brushing into a candle at my aunt & uncle's wedding reception.
LMAO!

esp13
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
No, you're not the only one (although I thought I was the only one for a while). I think Mark and Shelley have a nice chemistry and have from the beginning and I've always felt like Nathan acted far more into Stephanie than he was into Melanie. I hate that they are throwing Stephanie under the bus for Melanie yet again. I would like it if they gave Stephanie and Nathan a fair shot at a real relationship.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Well, I really don't care about any of the trio involved, and am FOR a Melanie/Nathan relationship with the hopes that it'll get her the hell away from Philip. Let Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie be in a tortured triangle and let Philip be with the grownups, please.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like that Stephanie is finally taking a edgier turn. Hope it continues.

I can't believe that Suzanne story. That had to be a scary moment on set. Good thing Bryan was there.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 4 2010, 09:08 PM
Halloween Family
You're not totally alone. I do like Stephanie and I do think Stephanie and Nathan have very enjoyable chemistry, further I don't have a single clue as to why Nathan or anyone would have feelings for Melanie (I know you like Melanie more than I do, lol, though who doesn't). My problem is that knowing Nathan has feelings, however inexplicable they may be as far as I'm concerned, for Melanie, I can't enjoy or root for Stephanie and Nathan since they're not giving them any sort of a fair shot.
I know, what's the point if they really aren't making any effort for any pairing.

Once Steph was done with Phillip and Nathan started salivating over her is when I started liking her again. I like that Elizabeth Hasselbeck quality she has going on. I like her frenemies relationship with Melanie, she has no reason to oblige Melanie in a friendship but she does because Mel is so pushy and steph tries to be a nice person and entertains her. I liked Phelony but they went completely in the wrong direction. Molly is annoying the fuck out of me.

I like that Steph feels threatened (which is the wrong word) because it's propelling her to do things, and I even like the idea of tearing up the love letter. However, I don't know that I can enjoy her doing that because Melanie is in no way competition for her when it comes to Nathan. It's not that I find it unbelievable that both men would be attracted to Mel but it's the way they are acting is what's not working. especially when the chemistry between Shelly and Mark is that strong, once nathan saw Stephanie it was like "mel who?" The way Shelly and Mark get sparkley around one another makes me interested in them. If Phil and Steph are endgame, I hope something changes between these two actors so they can sell it to me that they are actually attracted to one another and not have to rely on artificially sensationalized love scenes like de-pantyings.

Taelyn

I kinda like Nathan and Melanie, I also liked that the relationship started kinda quirky and spicy, then they built a friendship, then started to build more.
I dont like Phil and Mel ..
Mainly its the age difference but even more I feel no chemistry (I loved the teasing they shared when he loved Steph but then it all just went poof, even though Im liking this Mel more than the original), and that they have her doubting herself already leads me to feel its doomed with Philip..
And since when is Philip so desperate? I mean they dated about a week then he proposed. What is with these writers that they dont know how to build relationships and let chemistry build.

That said I dont like Phil and Steph either ... Blahhhhs ville.. I liked her more with that Owen guy that kidnapped her, Bring him back, or his supposed twin brother.
Ive always liked Phil and Chloe, but that ship may have passed.
Maybe he would click with Abbey if she ever returns.
SH just seems to drain the excitement and appeal from whoever she is with, maybe she should stay single awhile .. maybe she should go back into racing and get an edge. I dunno for me she is just a pretty face with no sense of clothing style. Perhaps a trip to Paris or Switzerland is in order, she could even go visit Chelsea...... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Edited by Taelyn, Feb 5 2010, 01:10 AM.

libra67

Halloween Family
Yay! Bryan was the Hero!

Your not alone. I am a Stephanie fan, and I was a full fledged Phinie fan. I still hope they will reunite at some point. I could probably get behide a Stephanie/Nathan pairing if they were given a real chance and Mark and Shelley do have a great chemistry together. You could really see it when they started sharing scenes when Nathan first came on board.

But I mostly want a SL for Shelley and Stephanie that does not include her character being thrown under the bus to prop another character. Which is what I saw with the writing of the constant break-ups and her attitide toward Philip's family and business. As well as the way they used her to showcase Melanie, who I could care less about. And absolutely hate what they have done to Philip is the process.

I had high hopes with kidnapping and the pills, but that was dropped to move on to the beginning to whatever this is we are seeing now. To me it is like the character of Stephanie when used is colateral damage to whatever story they are wanting to tell.
Edited by libra67, Feb 5 2010, 11:32 AM.

libra67

esp13
Feb 4 2010, 11:05 PM
Halloween Family
No, you're not the only one (although I thought I was the only one for a while). I think Mark and Shelley have a nice chemistry and have from the beginning and I've always felt like Nathan acted far more into Stephanie than he was into Melanie. I hate that they are throwing Stephanie under the bus for Melanie yet again. I would like it if they gave Stephanie and Nathan a fair shot at a real relationship.

Long time no see, As usual I agree with everything you wrote. I have my doubt is we will see any real attempt at a Nathan and Steph pairing it going to be all about Mate.
Edited by libra67, Feb 5 2010, 11:38 AM.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.

I don;t think Stephanie and Nathan were ever given a real chance. I don't like her anyway, though-hazard of being a Mel fan. Don't care too much for Nathan though-he's not bad, it's just-he's kind of blah.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Quote:

Shelley says, “It’s a messed-up thing that she does, but everything Melanie has done is messed up, too. She slept with Phillip when he and Stephanie were on a break. That ruined Phillip and Stephanie’s relationship, when they could have worked things out

Is she kidding me? Stephanie was trying to change Philip into someone he wasn't! That's why they were having problems to begin and end with. True sleeping with Mel didn't help, but that wasn't the sole reason. Stephanie was the problem not Mel. Now Stephanie is obsessing over Nathan. Making his schedule, volunteering him for things, not telling Mel she is with Nathan, now keeping a letter from him. So two faced.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

Stephanie is my favorite character on DAYS! I personally like her with Philip although she has sparks with Nathan too, But I def. Like Stephanie and Philip together. ;) :wub:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply