Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Susan Walters Returning!; Diane Jenkins is headed back to Genoa City...
Topic Started: Feb 4 2010, 10:04 PM (2,582 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

MSNBC Correspondent and Entertainment Journalist Deanna Barnert just tweeted this...
Quote:

[Deanna Barnert] is thrilled by news that crazy Diane (aka Susan Walters) is coming back to Genoa City and hopes it's for more than just two days!
Quote:

Susan Walters is back as Diane on 2/26, 3/1 and I'm hoping more.
So far there hasn't been a confirmation, but I thought this was worth posting, considering the source.

*UPDATED 2/5*

CONFIRMED BY SOAPS IN DEPTH:

Susan Walters is bringing Diane back to THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS for a visit! Look for Victor's ex to show up in Genoa City on Friday, February 26, and Monday, March 1. Sources tell Soaps In Depth that Kyle, Diane's son with Jack, will most likely also be returning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Donnelly must have really done something to piss people off over there.

But yay, my Diane's coming back!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 4 2010, 10:05 PM
Donnelly must have really done something to piss people off over there.
I don't know why they won't let her play Diane. She was fabulous! IMO, she was the definitive Diane Jenkins.

"Go... BITCH! GO!"

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I like Susan Walters, so I am happy her Diana is returning. I wonder if she will be "delivering" Kyle to Jack.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I hope this is true. But then again MAB and co. may turn her into an irredeemable psycho of the month. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

More from Deanna Barnert...
Quote:

Susan Walters is back as Diane on 2/26, 3/1 and I'm hoping more.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

AD was fired for being too old. She said she was disappointed when they brought on Susan Walters and she wasn't even asked. Originally the show tried to spin it like they'd run out of story and was writing Diane out. Then a few months later she's back so you know whats up.

I'm sure MAB and co will ruin Diane. I wonder if Ryder is really Kyle and she's the woman tormenting Lauren.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Oh shit! Diane better not be the mother, and Ryder better not be Kyle Abbott.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Heh, then that will beg the question, why torment Lauren? What is their connection?

DeeDee
RIP GL

Nothing.

They're friends.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ok, if she's only back for 2 episodes that would seem unlikely she'd be the stalker. And they did DNA test Rider, right? So he couldnt be Kyle Abbott.
Edited by Drew, Feb 4 2010, 11:52 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love Walters and I love her as Diane. I'd be glad to see her back, and I'd love her to bring back Kyle with her and dump him on Jack. However, Kyle can't be Ryder.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

That is very interesting!

thanks Kenny!

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 4 2010, 11:51 PM
Ok, if she's only back for 2 episodes that would seem unlikely she'd be the stalker. And they did DNA test Rider, right? So he couldnt be Kyle Abbott.
DNA on this show? LOL! I never thought we were meant to believe Ryder was really Kevin's brother. His whole life and identity is a lie and he's being backrolled by some uber rich unseen mastermind. I figure he said he's Kevin's brother to get closer to Lauren.

As for Diane, I expect bad things regardless of the content. We'll see how it goes. Still upset Alex Donnelly isn't returning though. She brought so much depth to that role and had chemistry with everyone. Susan Walters was so bland and forgettable. No way she'd work with Eric Braeden. She couldn't hold her own in regular scenes with him. And the chemistry AD had with Melody Thomas Scott was off the charts. Those two battling over Victor? Classic. Or AD vs Sandra Nelson's fierce Phyllis beginning the neverending entanglement of Jack and Phyllis? A total classic.

I can't think of anything Susan did in the role that was all that memorable or great. Diane was written as such a pathetic woman and then just quietly left town and nobody cared. Shame.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

SID confirms that she is indeed returning.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

into_the_skyline
Feb 5 2010, 09:35 AM
Drew
Feb 4 2010, 11:51 PM
DNA on this show? LOL! I never thought we were meant to believe Ryder was really Kevin's brother. His whole life and identity is a lie and he's being backrolled by some uber rich unseen mastermind. I figure he said he's Kevin's brother to get closer to Lauren.
its possible, but he seems to be talking to Daisy like he is their brother.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This pic is from late 2008, she's supposedly only 50 but looks older to me. Here are some other more recent pics of her.

http://www.zimbio.com/Alex+Donnelley

Posted Image

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

When they're trying to have Jack pretend to be in his 40s, she's too old looking to be his ex.

Sad, but true.

cassie1013

Wow, this is awesome news. Diane is one of my favorite Y&R characters. I might watch again, lol!

Kenny
Member Avatar

CONFIRMED BY SOAPS IN DEPTH:

Susan Walters is bringing Diane back to THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS for a visit! Look for Victor's ex to show up in Genoa City on Friday, February 26, and Monday, March 1. Sources tell Soaps In Depth that Kyle, Diane's son with Jack, will most likely also be returning.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply