Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Susan Walters Returning!; Diane Jenkins is headed back to Genoa City...
Topic Started: Feb 4 2010, 10:04 PM (2,575 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Knowing the bozos in charge, she'll probably return to be killed by a delusional Patty who still hates her!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm glad Kyle's coming back with her. Hopefully he stays. Noah needs some competition.

Faye

YEY this is great! I hope also Kyle is returning!!

Faye

And I agree with you, she looks really old... :()

Frog_Lady
Member Avatar

I met Donnelly years ago at a fan event. I had heard how nice she was to the fans but I thought she was a bitch. She just gave me a "duh!" like response when I asked her something.

Sounds to me like Diane's sole reason for returning is to drop off the Kyle character.
Edited by Frog_Lady, Feb 6 2010, 03:01 PM.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

This sucks. If Y&R was going to bring back Diane, then it needs to be in the form of Alex Donnely. She is Diane Jenkins- anyone else is just a pale imitation. Walters was ok- I've always liked her as an actress, but she simply never captured Diane or gave her any depth. Donnely's Diane was so rich, complex, and layered- hell, I guess she probably wouldn't fit in on Y&R:2010.

JTRules1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 5 2010, 01:55 PM
CONFIRMED BY SOAPS IN DEPTH:

Susan Walters is bringing Diane back to THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS for a visit! Look for Victor's ex to show up in Genoa City on Friday, February 26, and Monday, March 1. Sources tell Soaps In Depth that Kyle, Diane's son with Jack, will most likely also be returning.
Thanks for the info Kenny!! :)

I will be looking forward to it...since i have never seen the character of Diane...or maybe i just dont remember her...ive been watching for 10 years(on and off in the beginning ;) ) when was the last time the character was on? :unsure:

MEK
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 4 2010, 10:06 PM
Drew
Feb 4 2010, 10:05 PM
Donnelly must have really done something to piss people off over there.
I don't know why they won't let her play Diane. She was fabulous! IMO, she was the definitive Diane Jenkins.

"Go... BITCH! GO!"
They wanted a younger Diane which is why they chose not to bring Donnelly back. She is the real Diane. The other actress in the role was okay but had lacked a certain something that Donnelly had.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Well its a week till her return, and we've had no word on an actor cast as Kyle. So I guess its safe to say that part of the story is bogus.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply