Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Playing It Safe; Interview excerpts
Topic Started: Feb 5 2010, 01:54 AM (9,324 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

At the request of Soap Opera Digest, we had to remove the text of the Galen & Ali interview from this site.

Please PM a staff member for a link to an alternate viewing source.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

I Love it, And love that the future looks bright for Safe, and that Ali lfeels about Rafe as the Man she has always wanted ... Cool !
Offline Profile Goto Top

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Feb 5 2010, 02:02 AM
I Love it, And love that the future looks bright for Safe, and that Ali lfeels about Rafe as the Man she has always wanted ... Cool !
I assume you mean Sami rather than Ali?

As for the rest of the article :puke:

Weren't EJ & Nicole last year's Valentine couple?
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

Here's a funny for you, the last line actually was from Ali, after the marriage comment... She said something like that he had her going and then he hit her with the punch line. I love Rafe, but I love Galen too. He's funny and opinionated. And you can't compare Safe to EJ and Nicole, neither Sami nor Rafe is manipulated the other to be with them. By Valentine's day Nicole was lying to him and passing another baby off as his. Safe.... manipulation free.

Oh and there was also a very precious story...

So Galen and his wife Jenna and Ali and her husband Dave spent New Years Eve together.

His son Dillon and her son Ben were up stairs playing with each other. They went to check on them and found Ben awake and Dillon asleep cover in toys, and something like a paint brush in one hand and a New Year's eve noise maker in the other. They were very curious to what was going on there. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Before things get ugly I want to comment LOL.

Good interview. Can't wait to get my issue in the mail to read all of it.

I love that Galen and James mess with each other in the sexual tension scenes. That's funny LOL. Ali talking about the things James, Bryan, and Galen say about the fanbases/each other was interesting. Ali is very careful to be neutral so I can see why that would bother her.

Good stuff. I agree with Ali and Galen on why Sami and Rafe work. Sami always saw Austin as a hero figure. Brandon was in a way too. Rafe is that and he had no past with Sami coming in. The dynamic was different and it makes sense that they would come together, IMO at least.
Offline Profile Goto Top

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

kitkat
Feb 5 2010, 02:58 AM
And you can't compare Safe to EJ and Nicole, neither Sami nor Rafe is manipulated the other to be with them. By Valentine's day Nicole was lying to him and passing another baby off as his. Safe.... manipulation free.

Geez, take a chill pill.

Where exactly was I comparing Ejole to Safe? All I commented was that the SOD's feature Valentine's couple last year was Ejole.
Edited by UKDaysFan, Feb 5 2010, 03:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Feb 5 2010, 03:04 AM
Before things get ugly I want to comment LOL.

Good interview. Can't wait to get my issue in the mail to read all of it.

I love that Galen and James mess with each other in the sexual tension scenes. That's funny LOL. Ali talking about the things James, Bryan, and Galen say about the fanbases/each other was interesting. Ali is very careful to be neutral so I can see why that would bother her.

Good stuff. I agree with Ali and Galen on why Sami and Rafe work. Sami always saw Austin as a hero figure. Brandon was in a way too. Rafe is that and he had no past with Sami coming in. The dynamic was different and it makes sense that they would come together, IMO at least.
Tim, isn't it funny how they just kinda danced around your comment? :P You were brave to jump into the beginning of the fray!

I do find it funny (although there are things I don't like about the actors) that the guys have the guts to joke abut the whole fanbase thing and who's sexiest and who will prevail. Good for them! Because, yeah..........

This editorial blip brought to you by the letter...............N for "neutral". I now return you back to your regularly scheduled fanbase fight.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, glad to see that SAFE are pretty established as the rooting couple! I also think that Sami didnt have to manipulate this one for him to stick...finally. (Brandon was another guy she didnt have to give the "Sami special treatment.")

And EJole are still married, so there's a lot of story to play out there....in soaps, never say never, and I believe we are going to get Brady/Nicole/EJ....oh yeah, and Ms. Snitch Arianna.

I think SAFE will be in Rafe's SL after someone from his past comes back and they'll be dealing with that.

I have to say though.....EJole's V-day pics....way HOTTER!!!!! LOL

Thanks for typing this up!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie.

I never really thought about Sami/Rafe being similar to Sami/Austin, but I guess they are.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

Taking my cue from Pheonix and posting before it gets all nasty up in here! :lol:

I loved the whole interview I love it that they like each other and the families Ďhang outí outside of work and that their families spent New Yearís Eve together.

They obviously love working together and it seems GG likes to wind Ali up a little. There was a part when GG commented that Sami and EJ were not in a relationship although they have had four kids together and Ali said there had only been two and one of them wasnít her fault! :applause:

However, my favourite part about the article is their comments about the future! Ali seems to think that Sami and Rafe definitely have one as does Galen. [they've seen the scripts! :lol: ] Love Ali saying the Rafe is the guy Sami has always wanted! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Good interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

desertgal

kitkat
Feb 5 2010, 02:58 AM
Here's a funny for you, the last line actually was from Ali, after the marriage comment... She said something like that he had her going and then he hit her with the punch line. I love Rafe, but I love Galen too. He's funny and opinionated. And you can't compare Safe to EJ and Nicole, neither Sami nor Rafe is manipulated the other to be with them. By Valentine's day Nicole was lying to him and passing another baby off as his. Safe.... manipulation free.

Oh and there was also a very precious story...

So Galen and his wife Jenna and Ali and her husband Dave spent New Years Eve together.

His son Dillon and her son Ben were up stairs playing with each other. They went to check on them and found Ben awake and Dillon asleep cover in toys, and something like a paint brush in one hand and a New Year's eve noise maker in the other. They were very curious to what was going on there. lol
Very well said Kit Kat. Thanks for printing parts of the rest of the interview. It's clear that Ali and Galen love working together and that they are great friends offset as well. I would have loved to see a picture of Dillon with all the toys on him sleeping.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh, come on, guys! Have a little faith that nobody is going to come around and start something over this sweet little article!
And it was sweet.
Aside form AS's little comment about Johnny (LMAO!), there isn't anything to bitch about!
Safe is a happy little couple, AS/Sami is overjoyed to have Rafe as someone who loves her for who she is and she doesn't have all that baggage with him...YET...and they are a very popular fun couple.

Love that they get along so well with each other, love that they spend time with each other, and glad that all the guys get along and rib each other....very guy thingish!

However, it wasn't nearly as HOT as the EJole V-Day article! :) I'm with ya, Liz. There was no tongue! :P Or any mention of AS's legs! :lol:

Thanks for posting, Angie! Love it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dawn7
Member Avatar

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Edited by Dawn7, Feb 5 2010, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

Angie79
Feb 5 2010, 01:54 AM

GG: I think that heís willing to look at the bigger picture. He really likes this girl and heís willing to look past some things and maybe change her along the way.
GG sums up in a nutshell exactly WHY I can't stand Safe or believe Rafe is Sami's ideal guy.

EJ loves Sami for Sami and doesn't see any reason to 'change' her.

Other than that? No comment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

TFP

Confirms what I have thought for a long time. This is a Safe love story, not Ejami. In fact, I'm thinking Ej really won't be a part of a coupling, he'll just be around to fuck with Safe, Bricole and Brianna.

The bts stuff is cute.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Liz<3Days
Feb 5 2010, 08:25 AM
Well, glad to see that SAFE are pretty established as the rooting couple! I also think that Sami didnt have to manipulate this one for him to stick...finally. (Brandon was another guy she didnt have to give the "Sami special treatment.")

And EJole are still married, so there's a lot of story to play out there....in soaps, never say never, and I believe we are going to get Brady/Nicole/EJ....oh yeah, and Ms. Snitch Arianna.

I think SAFE will be in Rafe's SL after someone from his past comes back and they'll be dealing with that.

I have to say though.....EJole's V-day pics....way HOTTER!!!!! LOL

Thanks for typing this up!
If EJ still cared about Nicole, he would've gone to the jail and been all torn instead of Brady.

Tomlin already said he was setting things up for Bricole. So I'm not afraid of Nicole trying to get back in EJ's good graces, what's annoying me is Brickette orbiting around EJ. She doesn't work for Brady or EJ!

I don't understand something though, there's suppose to be a "gulf" between Sami and Rafe during Valentine's week.

Still don't think 'Safe' is work through their crap. They're only getting back together, not erasing all their problems.

Rafe also said (just liek Austin) He's gonna try to change Sami. That'sa ll I need to hear to know Safe will be over in the next few months. I can wait. :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 5 2010, 12:22 PM
TFP

Confirms what I have thought for a long time. This is a Safe love story, not Ejami. he'll just be around to fuck with Safe, Bricole and Brianna.

The bts stuff is cute.
In fact, I'm thinking Ej really won't be a part of a coupling----

Sounds kinda Stefano-ish doesent it?

Oh Ej is most certainly good at fucking with couples, thats what villians do best. Maybe he will mess with one that does NOT involve Sami for once...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Halloween Family
TFP

Confirms what I have thought for a long time. This is a Safe love story, not Ejami. In fact, I'm thinking Ej really won't be a part of a coupling, he'll just be around to fuck with Safe, Bricole and Brianna.

The bts stuff is cute.
Really what I've seen confirms the opposite-after the Feb Sweeps (SID) I'm positive EJami are endgame maybe even before the next sweeps. The longer the wait, the sweeter it'll be when they're together! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

wonderingwhat
Feb 5 2010, 12:27 PM
Halloween Family
TFP

Confirms what I have thought for a long time. This is a Safe love story, not Ejami. he'll just be around to fuck with Safe, Bricole and Brianna.

The bts stuff is cute.
In fact, I'm thinking Ej really won't be a part of a coupling----

Sounds kinda Stefano-ish doesent it?

Oh Ej is most certainly good at fucking with couples, thats what villians do best. Maybe he will mess with one that does NOT involve Sami for once...
yes, Stefano-ish. I mean he might even marry again like Stefano, but I don't see it being anything meaningful. I agree, his main role will be Fucker. Too bad for me.

Ej and Arianna are just around the corner, I'm almost positive. It's too bad because I don't see chemistry with them either, I see more between EJ and Anna which is funny because I see some inkling of chemistry between Ari and Roman, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic