Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of February 8th; Will Vivian make Melanie's wedding one to die for?
Topic Started: Feb 5 2010, 05:17 PM (1,843 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

For those of you who can't see it...

"She plans to kill her enemy's daughter on her wedding day..."

We see Carly sitting in a basement, staring in horror at a computer monitor which shows a video of Vivian placing a comb/head piece in Melanie's hair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vivian speaks to Carly through the monitor.

VIVIAN: Your little baby girl... getting ready for the happiest day of her life... and the last day of her life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stephanie and Arianna, both in their bridesmaids dresses, join Melanie and they all look at themselves in the mirror.

Posted Image

We see a shot of Vivian holding a phone with a picture of Melanie on it, all dressed up for her wedding.

Posted Image

Next, we see Vivian in the basement with Carly. Carly has a giant wrench in her hands.

Posted Image

VIVIAN: You see this comb? The teeth are poison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Carly shakes her head.

Posted Image

"Now this is a wedding to die for..."

We see Phillip standing in the living room of the Kiriakis Mansion with Stephanie and Arianna behind him. The wedding guests (Stefano, Kate, Maggie, Mia, Chloe, Justin, etc.) all rise.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut to a shot of Melanie lying lifeless on a bed with the poison comb in her hair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Days of Our Lives."

(New shots of Melanie, Phillip and Vivian close the promo.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why on earth doesn't Carly whack Vivian over the head with that giant wrench in her hands instead of standing there shaking her head like a fool? Jesus.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting the caps, Kenny, since I can't watch at work for some reason.

I have turned into my mother, as my reaction to the picture of Melanie and her bridesmaids is to poke Molly in the back and tell her to stand up straight and hold her shoulders back. What is it about getting older that makes good posture seem so valuable?

It's probably a good promo, it's just that I can't stand Melanie so her not dying is an inevitable disappointment. Oh well. I'll tune back in when Nicole gets back.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2010, 06:06 PM
I have turned into my mother, as my reaction to the picture of Melanie and her bridesmaids is to poke Molly in the back and tell her to stand up straight and hold her shoulders back. What is it about getting older that makes good posture seem so valuable?
I couldn't help but LoL @ that part of the promo. Just as Vivian is telling Carly that this will be "the happiest day of Melanie's life," it cuts to a shot of Melanie all slouched over looking absolutely miserable.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Awesome promo. Love Vivian taunting Carly and making her watch. I look forward to Hope's involvement in all of this.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kenny
Feb 5 2010, 05:55 PM
Vivian looks like shit there with that horrific hair she's sporting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rhi
Feb 5 2010, 06:27 PM
Kenny
Feb 5 2010, 05:55 PM
Vivian looks like shit there with that horrific hair she's sporting.
I agree. Her hair is weird. Some days it looks fantastic and other days it looks downright terrible. I still can't figure out if she's wearing a wig or what.

Anyway, I do wish the show itself could be lit as moody and dramatic as it is in those last two promo shots. Soap operas shouldn't be lit like sitcoms.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Nice to see a 30 second promo. It's one of the better promos Days has done recently. Nice to see some new actor shots at the end.

Judie Henninger tweeted a couple of days ago they just shot Molly, Jay, Louise, Suzanne, Crystal and Mark for end graphics for promos.

oldschoolfan

Thanks for posting. I like the promo. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I like Philip and Stephanie together. Check out the way Stephanie is looking at Philip.

Days4Life

I like the promo. I'm looking forward to wedding drama.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can someone please please please post the youtube version for those of us who cannot watch the NBC promo.

rosecarrington

GO VIV!!!!!!

jane1978

Everything is good except the wedding dress. Poor Mel looks like a wet chicken.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Posted Image

How indicative of Philip's role on this show - standing in the shadows behind Melanie, little more than a prop. :soapbox:

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

I think its obvious considering the bride in collapsed that the wedding does not take place.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

ugh! I'm bored with this stupid wedding. Why can't Phillip be free from this mess? :( I hate that he's playing a second fiddle in his own pairing. :( It just sucks. I hate this whole Carly/Vivian/Melanie story.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Taelyn
Feb 5 2010, 11:01 PM
I think its obvious considering the bride in collapsed that the wedding does not take place.
but it does... Melanie & Philip do get married... it's somewhere in the spoilers!

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

oldschoolfan
Feb 5 2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for posting. I like the promo. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I like Philip and Stephanie together. Check out the way Stephanie is looking at Philip.
I see the look and I'm loving it. She obviously isn't as over Philip as she has been trying to claim. That makes me ecstatic. Since I'm a fan of Philip and Stephanie too. :cheer: :cheer:

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Fantastic promo. Ugh I hate that I read spoilers for that week now, LOL. But should be good anyways! And I think I'm in the minority that actually likes Vivian's hair?? LOL, ah well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply