Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/8 - 2/12
Topic Started: Feb 7 2010, 04:15 PM (13,041 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Week of 2/8 - 2/12

Classic Clip:
Bo kidnaps Hope from the church on her wedding day to Larry. (1984) (double click video to play)

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Oh my god.. LoL. KA's voice. How old is she here?!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Feb 7 2010, 04:19 PM
ROFL. I don't know, but you had the same reaction KA did to that clip!

cassie1013

lysie
Feb 7 2010, 04:22 PM
cassie1013
Ohh yeah, right - was this what they showed at Bonnie Hunt? LOL. No really, though - if she's 46 now...21? 22? Hilarious!

lysie
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Feb 7 2010, 04:35 PM
lysie
Feb 7 2010, 04:22 PM
cassie1013
Ohh yeah, right - was this what they showed at Bonnie Hunt? LOL. No really, though - if she's 46 now...21? 22? Hilarious!
I don't know about Bonnie Hunt, but they showed part of this (I don't remember if it was the same scene or not) on SoapTalk during the anniversary special. But yeah, she would have been pretty young.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Seriously, one of the greatest moments in DAYS history. Hell, it was so popular they had Jack & Jennifer spoof it with Jack arriving and Jennifer's wedding to Emilio on a firetruck. lol

cassie1013

Matt
Feb 7 2010, 04:50 PM
Seriously, one of the greatest moments in DAYS history. Hell, it was so popular they had Jack & Jennifer spoof it with Jack arriving and Jennifer's wedding to Emilio on a firetruck. lol
I guess it would be, no doubt. The only problem is that between this and time on "da boat", they've become the most overplayed flashbacks .. EVER. LoL. I just laugh when I see them, but mostly because I wasn't born when any of it aired. Bad 80s fashion is always hilarious!

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Feb 7 2010, 05:11 PM
Matt
Feb 7 2010, 04:50 PM
I guess it would be, no doubt. The only problem is that between this and time on "da boat", they've become the most overplayed flashbacks .. EVER. LoL. I just laugh when I see them, but mostly because I wasn't born when any of it aired. Bad 80s fashion is always hilarious!
Old Timer here... I loved that scene! Still love it!! That's what got me watching Days consistently as a teenager. I'd have the VCR record it and I'd watch it after school with my mom and sister. Very fond memories of that time. They had the budget and writers for making good daytime drama. Ahh, the good old days :wub:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ironic how Bo assaulted an officer, and now he's a cop! I LOVE, LOVE Howie Hofstedder!

Morganarose

This is terrific . Kristian was 18 years old. Now one can see how long time viewers are such Bo and Hope fans---they have so much history and have brought , and still do, much entertainment to fans. Will always root for this couple as I have had much time invested and have watched them go through so much in the 27 years in their relationship. There are so many wonderful clips of their history that Bo and Hope fans can still appreciate and relive that history. That is why the strong reaction to any interloper that messes with the couple. They need trials and tribulations but want them to overcome the obstacles. That is why this long term soap watcher watches for--good soap opera. lol

soccerandtvgirl

Holy! What the hell happened to KA's voice? I know your voice change as you get older...but this dramatic change from a high pitched girly voice to a kinda deep voice? Is the fact that KA is a smoker?

Anyway, that was an awesome clip, never seen it before. Man the show really was good back then.
Edited by soccerandtvgirl, Feb 7 2010, 07:21 PM.

DOOL1965

You said it on this one Morganarose. I have been with Bo and Hope from the beginning and have gone through all of their troubles and will always root for them. This clip was beautiful. It reminded me of why I am and always will be a Bo and Hope fan. I still watch clips of Bo and Hope on the web and I really enjoy them.

Bo and Hope do have alot of history together and they have overcome more obstacles than most couples and they have survived. So when the writers separate them or bring someone in as an interloper it is to be expected that the Bo/Hope fans are going to be upset. Especially, when they keep them apart for 6 months or longer. Let them overcome their problem and get back together.

JMO. I have yet to figure out why the writers can't keep Bo and Hope together as a couple, write interesting and exciting sl for them. and keep them out front or at least when they have troubles, keep them together and let them work it out as a couple. Either way they have to write a sl, so why can't they write one for them keeping them together and out front without separating them?

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

What a great clip to see when I opened the thread. I remember watching this episode with my sister in the lounge room at my parents place when I was a kid. I think it was school holidays and we both adored Bo and Hope. I remember thinking this was the most romantic thing I'd ever seen in my life. It's still one of my all-time favorite Bo and Hope scenes. I've loved this couple from day one and have followed them through every twist and turn and through all the highs and lows. The good times, the bad, the love, the heartbreak, the angst. I always loved the fact that their love could endure anything and overcome anything. That's why I have the faith that it will this time too. Thanks for posting that clip. It brings back so many wonderful memories. I still love watching all the old episodes right back to the beginning of Bo and Hope's story. I never get tired of them. And Peter and Kristian still bring the same magic to the couple that they did back then.
Edited by MarvinPepper, Feb 7 2010, 08:41 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

FYI: Monday's episode is up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBEbvGiu4w

cassie1013

soccerandtvgirl
Feb 7 2010, 07:21 PM
Holy! What the hell happened to KA's voice? I know your voice change as you get older...but this dramatic change from a high pitched girly voice to a kinda deep voice? Is the fact that KA is a smoker?

Anyway, that was an awesome clip, never seen it before. Man the show really was good back then.
I know, LOL. I like her voice now, though - it's kind of sexy?

aimees76
Member Avatar

I hate to say it, but I got bored halfway through the clip. Sorry. I couldn't watch the rest. So cheesey, and even back then Hope was pushing Bo away and ignoring all his attempts to beg for her ... blech.

DOOL1965

MarvinPepper
Feb 7 2010, 08:41 PM
What a great clip to see when I opened the thread. I remember watching this episode with my sister in the lounge room at my parents place when I was a kid. I think it was school holidays and we both adored Bo and Hope. I remember thinking this was the most romantic thing I'd ever seen in my life. It's still one of my all-time favorite Bo and Hope scenes. I've loved this couple from day one and have followed them through every twist and turn and through all the highs and lows. The good times, the bad, the love, the heartbreak, the angst. I always loved the fact that their love could endure anything and overcome anything. That's why I have the faith that it will this time too. Thanks for posting that clip. It brings back so many wonderful memories. I still love watching all the old episodes right back to the beginning of Bo and Hope's story. I never get tired of them. And Peter and Kristian still bring the same magic to the couple that they did back then.
You got that right. Peter and Kristian still have that magic/chemistry that they have had from beginning as Bo and Hope. This kind of chemistry that they have is rare and hard to find. Good to know that someone else loves watching old episodes of Bo and Hope in the beginning. With this current sl of Bo and Hope being apart, I find my self watching the older clips daily just to remind me that their love will survive. Like you, I never get tired of watching Bo and Hope.

AlisonLou

☼ Jinx ☼
Feb 7 2010, 09:22 PM
FYI: Monday's episode is up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBEbvGiu4w
I watched it and it was boring except for the Vivian and Carly scenes whoch were alright.
These sl's need to move more! They are moving at a snails pace at the moment and it's boring!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

That was the very first episode of Days I ever watched. I have been a fan of show since even through all the good and bad times.

I was 13 at the time and Peter Reckell with a beard, long hair and a motorcycle was enough to catch my eye and keep me interested.

cassie1013

I didn't watch too much of the clip either, I could just tell what it was from seeing it flashbacked 100 times.

And this is more of a comment from last week, but...it's friggin' hard to get through 5 episodes on a weekend. I think I'm going to (attempt) to stick to my plan of watching it online at night. I found I got really ancy after about 3 episodes - the pace become too slow and the repeating dialogue is just ughhh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply