Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/8 - 2/12
Topic Started: Feb 7 2010, 04:15 PM (12,871 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 12 2010, 02:13 PM
Keith
Feb 12 2010, 02:08 PM
The EJ/Sami/Rafe stuff was beyond inane. The story needs a swift kick in the ass.
Very inane. Plus, was ridiculous for Sami to be bouncing around so bubbly. Has she forgotten that her daughter has been kidnapped by some lunatic who has probably killed her at this point? I don't care how happy she is that she and Rafe are back together, and I don't care how much faith she has that Rafe will bring Sydney home. No mother of a missing child should be acting this damn perky.
That is an issue. The same thing happened in bed with Rafe too. They act all happy and then she mentions Sydney and I swear she had a smile on her face when she mentioned it. I love Sami and Rafe and I get that the show and Ali are playing it like Rafe inspires hope in Sami and helps keep her together but today she was way over the top with the happiness. It seems to happen from time to time. It was completely wrong. It's ok to be a reserved happy but not like that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Just saw the wedding. Really, really well done! The editing between people wondering where Mel is and Hope finally revealing the comb switch was so suspensefull. And the hand written wedding vows were beautifull and very in character for both Phillip and Mel. They really put a lot of care into it even if it obviously isnīt Phillipīs nor Melīs last wedding.

But I must say the person who impressed me most was Stephanie. Shelley did absolutely amazing job showing all her conflicted emotion and the camera spend so much time on her it actually seemed the wedding is mainly about her. I loved the long sad look between her and Phillip at the beginning and her disappointed look when Mel finally appeared in the door. The poor girl was on the verge of tears when Phillip read his vows. I think some part deep inside of her still hoped the wedding will not go through and Mel will decide to run and be with Nathan. Of course, now when that hope is over and Mel is really Mrs. Kiriakis she is 100% ready to pursue relationship with Nathan.

Funny how Mia is suddenly totally into Will now. They looked really cute together hugging and sitting behing Maggie. And Chandler might looks like the guy who plays Michael on GH but his personality seems very different. Thanks god, because IMO that guy on GH is too much a drama queen.

I think both Luis and Crystal are perfectly comfortable with their parts now. I really donīt see any difference between now and 1993 except the pacing. Of course, JER would probably drag their showdown for an entire episode and cut the wedding in the middle as well, but this actually happens to me a lot under Tomlin, because Iīm so used to the JER pacing, many times Iīm feeling thatīs it, this is the last shot, but I check the timer and there is still 20 min. left.

Anyway, for me this was really great episode and I canīt wait what happens next.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Today's episode was great! I loved all the characters involved, but EJ/Sami/Rafe were NOT needed.

I'm so pumped for next week.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 12 2010, 02:29 PM
Just saw the wedding. Really, really well done! The editing between people wondering where Mel is and Hope finally revealing the comb switch was so suspensefull. And the hand written wedding vows were beautifull and very in character for both Phillip and Mel. They really put a lot of care into it even if it obviously isnīt Phillipīs nor Melīs last wedding.

But I must say the person who impressed me most was Stephanie. Shelley did absolutely amazing job showing all her conflicted emotion and the camera spend so much time on her it actually seemed the wedding is mainly about her. I loved the long sad look between her and Phillip at the beginning and her disappointed look when Mel finally appeared in the door. The poor girl was on the verge of tears when Phillip read his vows. I think some part deep inside of her still hoped the wedding will not go through and Mel will decide to run and be with Nathan. Of course, now when that hope is over and Mel is really Mrs. Kiriakis she is 100% ready to pursue relationship with Nathan.

Funny how Mia is suddenly totally into Will now. They looked really cute together hugging and sitting behing Maggie. And Chandler might looks like the guy who plays Michael on GH but his personality seems very different. Thanks god, because IMO that guy on GH is too much a drama queen.

I think both Luis and Crystal are perfectly comfortable with their parts now. I really donīt see any difference between now and 1993 except the pacing. Of course, JER would probably drag their showdown for an entire episode and cut the wedding in the middle as well, but this actually happens to me a lot under Tomlin, because Iīm so used to the JER pacing, many times Iīm feeling thatīs it, this is the last shot, but I check the timer and there is still 20 min. left.

Anyway, for me this was really great episode and I canīt wait what happens next.
I should've waited for you to post because you said it all better then me LOL.

I agree completely. They did seem to showcase Stephanie, which made me happy because I've wanted her role in this to expand. It really seems to be now and I look forward to it.

The vows were good but, as I said, they really missed the "acceptance for who they are" beat.

I will disagree with you on Drew Garrett. I love him on GH but, yes, nuWill is similar in look to him. The Mia thing you brought up is what bugs me though. She acts all happy with him but, if Chad were there, she wouldn't be acting happy. I would like her to be a bit more consistent in playing Mia. If Mia is unhappy, show signs of that away from Chad too.

Couldn't agree more about LS and CC and also about the fact the show didn't drag this out. I don't think their faceoff would've worked over the course of a whole episode based on what was going on. If it was like the true culmination of the whole story, then, yes, drag it out and milk it but this is clearly only the beginning.

It was a very well done episode, though, and kudos to Ryan Quan. Clearly, using him to write episodes on a trial basis was a good idea. He writes some pretty good scripts. I totally thought Culliton wrote today too but he didn't. Quan did great and I hope he continues to write scripts regularly.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Feb 12 2010, 02:38 PM
I will disagree with you on Drew Garrett. I love him on GH but, yes, nuWill is similar in look to him. The Mia thing you brought up is what bugs me though. She acts all happy with him but, if Chad were there, she wouldn't be acting happy. I would like her to be a bit more consistent in playing Mia. If Mia is unhappy, show signs of that away from Chad too.
I donīt think Mia is unhappy with Will. I think she is unhappy seeing Chad with someone else. She just wants them both. :D

But overall Iīm mainly happy to see Taylor smiling and some natural chemistry between her and Will.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Can we for the love of God get EJ out of that black hole of suck? I have never seen two less charismatic actors than AS and Galen. James has chemistry with every actor he works with but those two? Zilch. Its soo depressing to watch those scenes. *sighs* I am about to give up. :drunk:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 12 2010, 02:52 PM
PhoenixRising05
I donīt think Mia is unhappy with Will. I think she is unhappy seeing Chad with someone else. She just wants them both. :D

But overall Iīm mainly happy to see Taylor smiling and some natural chemistry between her and Will.
Well, that just points out how messed up the story (if one wants to call it that) is. It really needs work.

But agreed on Taylor. She seems much more at ease this week.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
The vows were good but, as I said, they really missed the "acceptance for who they are" beat.

I was shocked there even are some vows. I know Ari convinced Mel she will be able to write her, but they still could cut away (yes, Dena Higley/Steve Wyman, I still despise you for what you did to J/Jīs wedding in 2003) or make some very random and conventional vows. These really came from character and how we saw their relationship develop. I like how they didnīt stick the wedding with "this is just an obstacle" label and even if the chance for Mel/Phillip to be happily ever after are abysmall, they still focused on it and showed it as a real deal.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 12 2010, 03:10 PM
PhoenixRising05

I was shocked there even are some vows. I know Ari convinced Mel she will be able to write her, but they still could cut away (yes, Dena Higley/Steve Wyman, I still despise you for what you did to J/Jīs wedding in 2003) or make some very random and conventional vows. These really came from character and how we saw their relationship develop. I like how they didnīt stick the wedding with "this is just an obstacle" label and even if the chance for Mel/Phillip to be happily ever after are abysmall, they still focused on it and showed it as a real deal.
Agreed.

I was shocked when we didn't see the "J&J 2003 treatment" given we know this marriage will not last.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Ok, just finished watching today's eppi.

Anyone else notice that Melanie was sunburnt and had tan/burn lines? Her arms were really red!!!

I loved the Hope/Carly scenes. At first Carly thought she was dead because Viv told her, but I am glad that she checked for a pulse, and called for help. Now the spoiler thread makes sense.

Viv is so busted! And now the spoiler about Carly getting arrested makes sense too! She took Hope's gun...

Everything else was just meh...

Alligato
Member Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the beginning of the wedding today.
I just love events when we see lots of people, and for some reason, even though it wasn't a Horton/Brady wedding, there were lots of people there to see Phillip and Mel get hitched. Loved seeing Lucas interact with everyone the past few days. So going to miss him. Loved Stefano there, Victor, Lexie, Maggie, Brady, Kate, everyone! Even Stephanie didn't totally piss me off.
Good scenes. Days is so hit and miss lately.

Does Nathan ride a motorcycle? Is that new? Hot.

And while I thought the Sami/Rafe/EJ scenes sucked balls, it did finally have me root for EJ for a second. Sami all happy and giddy while her daughter is missing is just stupid. I mean, she can have hope and all, but the bouncing around and big smiles was way too over the top...I don't care who she is sleeping with.
And I don't know what is going on, but the three of them bring the show down. There is no tension, romantic or otherwise. EJ and Rafe don't make me nervous like EJ and Brady. And EJ and Sami are going through the motions. Sami and Rafe just have this Sydney cloud hanging over their romance and believablity. Just a bad story for starting out so good.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 12 2010, 04:23 PM
And while I thought the Sami/Rafe/EJ scenes sucked balls, it did finally have me root for EJ for a second. Sami all happy and giddy while her daughter is missing is just stupid. I mean, she can have hope and all, but the bouncing around and big smiles was way too over the top...I don't care who she is sleeping with.
:laugh: When the first scene of Safe in bed together came on and Sami had that huge smile on her face, I laughed. You DAUGHTER is missing Sami! Rafe must really be packing a ton of heat. :laugh:

StephanieYates
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 12 2010, 04:23 PM
Does Nathan ride a motorcycle? Is that new? Hot.

lol i so did not get that....it's supposed to be winter time right?
i mean, it's all hot and all, but who would ride their motorcycle in the winter time? lol
i had to laugh when i saw him grab his helmet.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed the wedding as well. Great scenes and good character interactions. I think I enjoyed Stefano, Lucas and Kate the most. Loved Stefano telling Lucas he should go play with the other children upstairs. Also nice touch having Austin call Phillip to congratulate him. I like when they through in stuff like that. Finally, I'm enjoying Stephanie in the quad now. So glad she has finally done something devious. And I probably would have done the same thing if I was in her shoes.

The Carly, Vivian, and Hope scenes could have been better. I was a little disappointed in them. And Gus pushing over the crates was kind of lame. But i will say I'm excited that we got a good cliffhanger with Carly taking Hope's gun and wondering if Hope's going to be okay.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sariah
Feb 12 2010, 12:21 PM
jocelynel3
Feb 11 2010, 10:38 PM
mer4santo
Feb 11 2010, 09:07 PM
Paxton
Feb 11 2010, 08:23 PM
HOLY SWEET MERCIFUL HEAVENS WTF IS WRONG WITH PHILIP'S HAIR? His hair is literally taking the show prisoner.
I thought the very same thing....why does the groom look like absolute crap and then I realized it was so he wouldn't upstage Mel's fugly dress.

OMG I just spit all over my monitor! :roflol: He looked like a hot mess didn't he???? Mel's dress? CHEAP!!! Not something the bride of a Kiriakis would wear IMO.
Philip's hair is ridiculous. JKJ looks so amazing with his hair cut short - I don't know why he insists on growing it out like this. Somebody should force him to keep it short.

But he looks bad, Melanie looks amazingly bad, so he's kind of keeping with the whole wedding theme.
I agree. His looks terrible! The back is just ridiculous. I thought Melanie's hair looked alright, but the dress sucks.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sami was working?? WOW!

Ok....maybe I should watch this show, who knows when's that ever going to happen again!LOL

Eric83
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Feb 12 2010, 07:57 PM
Sami was working?? WOW!

Ok....maybe I should watch this show, who knows when's that ever going to happen again!LOL
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lysie
Member Avatar

Eh. I was pretty bored today except for Stefano and Kate who never disappoint. Was Kate wearing a snake pendant?

You know what phrase gets on my nerves? "you're going down" Really? Who says that? It's so not threatening. John would say it sometimes and it always drove me crazy, and when Carly said it today it ruined a moment that I was kind of enjoying.

Do wedding officiants who aren't preachers generally just walk around the room like Abe was doing? I found it very distracting.

The irony of everything EJ says is just so blatant. Irony isn't even the right word, because he knows what he's saying isn't true. It makes it hard to listen to him. And he's making less and less sense.

The focus on Stephanie was interesting. I'm glad they did that, but I was surprised since her role in these triangles hasn't been very big.

Austin called. Did Billie call?

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Today was pretty good, I'll give credit when it's due. It was nice to have the Carly/Viv story hit a head and then have the power struggle switch hands a few times; it was fun and not too drawn out. The silly boxes were distracting...Hope needs one of those emergency necklaces they make for seniors...Help! I've fallen and I can't get up, I'm trapped under something, er, heavy? I loved Carly taking Hope's gun and setting up the next beat. Good call.

I thought the wedding was stupid except for two things: Stephanzz and her pain and Stefano and his beautiful Katarina. Between Mel's crappy dress, PhillyK's horrid hair and their brief, generic and unbelievable vows I was just lost in the fact that the Easter Bunny threw up in Victor's living room. Abe waltzing around the room didn't help. Nathan's behaviour about Melanie puts him in the teen scene for me.

Kudos for using Lucas in an completely appropriate way. I feel they've vastly underutilized or mishandled his character and I hate to see him go but I'd hate it more to see him cuckolded again.

EJ needs to shyte or get off the pot. I'm sick of his BS and I'm sicker of Sami's teenage fantasy life. I'm fine with her never seeing her kid again, its not like she sees any of them much anyway. McSmuggerson bugged today too. I thought he was rehired by the FBI; I guess he has the same clause in his contract that Carly has allowing them to leave work on a whim.

ETA: spelling should be more important!
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 12 2010, 11:40 PM.

Cupcake06

EJ/Sami/Rafe... :x

I liked the rest of the show. Too bad everyone will soon be back in their own corners.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply