Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/8 - 2/12
Topic Started: Feb 7 2010, 04:15 PM (13,051 Views)
cassie1013

OMG I love Kate in Monday's episode. Lauren Koslow is hilarious - when she agreed with Carly that Vivian was certifiable? LOL. Or when she said she was just about to text Victor - as if a 75 YO grandpa would text.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysfan38

aimees76
Feb 7 2010, 10:24 PM
I hate to say it, but I got bored halfway through the clip. Sorry. I couldn't watch the rest. So cheesey, and even back then Hope was pushing Bo away and ignoring all his attempts to beg for her ... blech.
I agree. You would think they'd mature this character after all these years. She's still a spoiled rotten brat that expects everyone to bow down to her. Someone needs to give her a reality slap.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

That was when Bo looked like Grizzly Adams, he looks much better nowadays. Hope back then was just so beautiful!!! and had some meat on her. but yeah, same old song and dance...Hope pushes Bo away, takes him back until he makes some grandious gesture.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Aww...that clip takes me back as well. That's when I couldn't wait for DOOL to come on. I was just a young teenager and Bo and Hope had me hooked.

I have to say, I consider myself a Bope fan, but I'm liking Barly right now. I loved Carly when she came on scene in the 90's.

I think it was time for a little Bope shake up.

duckie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 8 2010, 01:19 PM
That was when Bo looked like Grizzly Adams, he looks much better nowadays. Hope back then was just so beautiful!!! and had some meat on her. but yeah, same old song and dance...Hope pushes Bo away, takes him back until he makes some grandious gesture.
That's the thing that I've never really liked about Bo and Hope. When they were young, I suppose there was a certain charm to it - I guess it was kind of cute. But when she "died" and came back, I just thought she'd have a little more depth after everything she'd experienced. Instead, it's just the same thing over and over. She's just the same spoiled teenager in an older woman's body. It's just beyond tiring.

rosecarrington

THAT"S WHAT MAKE"S THEM SPECIAL AND HIGH PROFILE.....STOP HATING.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOPE.......

lysie
Member Avatar

rosecarrington
Feb 8 2010, 02:26 PM
THAT"S WHAT MAKE"S THEM SPECIAL AND HIGH PROFILE.....STOP HATING.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOPE.......
I don't hate her or them, but I now feel the desire to.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

I don't have to stop hating. I like to hate. Its part of my charm. ;)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Feb 8 2010, 02:39 PM
rosecarrington
You're on fire today, lysie. I don't hate Bo and Hope--I don't even care about them. I accept that they are a supercouple and that many people love them; I just don't happen to be one of them. I didn't start watching Days until a few years after the clip in the first post, and maybe if I had been 14 when I first saw it I would have loved it. Now, however, it just seems cheesy and ridiculous--but honestly, the entire show usually does and always has to me, lol. Sometimes chemistry, good acting and writing will shine through the silliness and that's what keeps me around. It's just that Bo and Hope have never been a reason for me to watch.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

duckie
Feb 8 2010, 01:51 PM
Halloween Family
That's the thing that I've never really liked about Bo and Hope. When they were young, I suppose there was a certain charm to it - I guess it was kind of cute. But when she "died" and came back, I just thought she'd have a little more depth after everything she'd experienced. Instead, it's just the same thing over and over. She's just the same spoiled teenager in an older woman's body. It's just beyond tiring.
I was very young back then and my reason for not liking Bope was completely superficial...I just thought Hope was too pretty to be with Bo who was too ugly. Later as time went on it slightly annoyed me that Hope was always the little girl telling everyone she's a woman which progressed to her "I can do whatever you can do" attitude that lead to her weird brand of feminism. Still I loved Hope and still wasn't attracted to Bo, his motorcyle riding didn't say bad boy to me. Now, however, PR really looks better with age. I'm still pulling for Bo and Hope to save their marriage, I would have rathered third parties not be involved as much as they have been but they've somewhat made up for that. Carbo are interesting too and they're hot. This s/l is a chance to add more depth to Hope, maybe they'll deliver.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 8 2010, 04:51 PM.

duckie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 8 2010, 04:50 PM
duckie
Halloween Family
I was very young back then and my reason for not liking Bope was completely superficial...I just thought Hope was too pretty to be with Bo who was too ugly. Later as time went on it slightly annoyed me that Hope was always the little girl telling everyone she's a woman which progressed to her "I can do whatever you can do" attitude that lead to her weird brand of feminism. Still I loved Hope and still wasn't attracted to Bo, his motorcyle riding didn't say bad boy to me. Now, however, PR really looks better with age. I'm still pulling for Bo and Hope to save their marriage, I would have rathered third parties not be involved as much as they have been but they've somewhat made up for that. Carbo are interesting too and they're hot. This s/l is a chance to add more depth to Hope, maybe they'll deliver.
Well, see, I was a big Bo and Carly fan after Hope "died," so I prefer them anyway. But I get the whole rooting for the Bo/Hope marriage not to fail. I just really don't think it's a healthy marriage, and I've felt that way for a long time - Carly or no Carly. I just think this is the first time there has been any serious threat to that pairing from a third party. Every other time they'd break up, it always felt like to me that you just had to get them back together because there just wasn't a third party to pair either one of them up with. And god forbid either one of them should be alone for a while. But now, with Carly, I believe there is.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Anyone notice that on Friday's episode, Nathan was sitting down when Melanie arrived at the pub. In today's episode, Melanie arrives, just as drunk Nathan stumbles out of the pub. I thought that was funny.

I'm starting to like Stephanie's role more in this quadrangle. Keep it up, writers. She's been standing on the sidelines doing nothing for far too long.

What happened to Carly and Mia's truce? Mia was a total bitch to Carly from the minute she let her inside the house. I'm all for bitchy Mia, but it needs to be warranted.

The rest of the show was just blah. For once, I was more invested in the younger set. Everything else just seemed like filler or repetitive.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 8 2010, 06:21 PM.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

I'm a Bope fan, but I am also a Carbo fan. I was watching when both got together. Because of that history, I don't feel that Carly is so much an interloper, but someone who has history with Bo sans Hope. Same way with Billie. He thought Hope was gone, for whatever reasons, and moved on with someone else. That's Bo's history, Hope shouldn't hold a lot of things against Bo that she does, but in the grand scheme of things, it all depends on the ratings. Who will end up together in the end? Probably Bope, but you never know...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't recall Mia and Carly actually calling a truce. I think they sort of had a civil moment but I don't think they ever resolved whatever issues they do have.

Having them be enemies now is pointless anyway. I understood it when they were toying with the audience on who Carly's daughter was but now it's not needed.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

duckie
Feb 8 2010, 05:14 PM
Halloween Family
duckie
Halloween Family
Well, see, I was a big Bo and Carly fan after Hope "died," so I prefer them anyway. But I get the whole rooting for the Bo/Hope marriage not to fail. I just really don't think it's a healthy marriage, and I've felt that way for a long time - Carly or no Carly. I just think this is the first time there has been any serious threat to that pairing from a third party. Every other time they'd break up, it always felt like to me that you just had to get them back together because there just wasn't a third party to pair either one of them up with. And god forbid either one of them should be alone for a while. But now, with Carly, I believe there is.
me too, I liked Bo and Carly at the time, much more that Bope. You are right, I root for Bope more on the prinicpal of keeping a marriage intact and even their history to a lesser extent. But that was more at the start of this, now I'm fine with whatever they decide to do as long as there's some good acting and storytelling. What's strange is I have a renewed interest in Hope.

Stephanie was the highlight of today's epsidoe.

DrewH, I saw that too. it seems like they keep changing the endings and beginings. I don't understand why they would do that, it seems like a waste.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 8 2010, 06:43 PM.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

duckie
Feb 8 2010, 05:14 PM
Halloween Family
duckie
Halloween Family
I agree with you. I too was a fan of Barly ever since Hope "died" And while I like Bo and Hope and don't know that I want their marriage to end, I do see Carly as being a strong viable threat.

Harmony233

I enjoyed the Kate/Carly scenes.Love Viv's one liners.Why do they keep mentioning that Nicholas and Carly aren't talking.It just seems so odd.

Stephanie actually didn't bug me today.Not sue why Mia was even on the show today.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 06:24 PM
I don't recall Mia and Carly actually calling a truce. I think they sort of had a civil moment but I don't think they ever resolved whatever issues they do have.
Eh, I considered it a truce, considering they had no reason to hate each other in the first place. Mia was creeped out by how aggressive Carly seemed to be to get to know her. Once it was revealed that Melanie was the daughter, they had that Carly and Mia scene right after where they sort of patched things up and called, what I would call, a truce. Today's scene made it seem like that never happened.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually liked that Mia was on the show today. I like when characters play little supporting roles when the episode's focus is on another storyline that day. It allowed for us to see a different side of Mia, rather than her jealous side when she's in scenes with Will, Chad, Gabi, etc. I liked drunk Nathan interacting with Mia while she was trying to study. I thought it was funny actually.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Feb 8 2010, 02:39 PM
rosecarrington
:rockon: You rock!

Damn, I'm so sick of that phrase "hating". HATING IS NOT SYNONOMOUS WITH HAVING A FLIPPIN' OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now I'll read the rest of the thread.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply