Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Suzanne Rogers
Topic Started: Feb 8 2010, 10:21 AM (3,806 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 04:36 PM
DrewHamilton
Feb 8 2010, 04:31 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 04:20 PM
And, Drew, your post is one of the major reasons why I don't even bother to spill what I can spill without getting in trouble. Most people wouldn't buy it anyway so it's pointless.
Then don't spill.
I don't. I was trying to without coming out with it but, since no one understood why they would, I came out with it. This situation is not necessarily one I feel would be a problem but I still was hesitant.

Whatever.
I don't think it's that no one understood why they would, there's just doubt that they did.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 04:36 PM
Whatever.
How Alicia Silverstone of you!

On a positive note, I did like the part of the interview where Gary asked Suzanne why she wasn't working. At least he realizes the goldmine the show has in her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 03:09 PM
Mason
Feb 8 2010, 02:23 PM
dc cubs
Feb 8 2010, 12:20 PM
However, as Tim said that if Maggie is seen as the moral center of the show its not good to have her go on a big bender.
Why not? I think it would be even more interesting because she's the moral center. Maggie should be human, not a saint.
How is she supposed to be supporting people and giving out advice when she is drunk? That makes no sense.
So, now that she's inherited Alice's role as advice-giver, that's all she can ever be now? To me, that makes no sense.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure the alcoholism story is something that got dropped just because of Bryan Dattilo. They didn't even play him during Maggie's temptation.
If your source had already told you about Maggie's illness and informed you that Ken Corday went to Suzanne Rogers for permission to tell this story, wouldn't you have already known that the alcoholism story had been scrapped/postponed so they could tell this story instead?

Until today, you've maintained the belief that an alcoholism story was probably coming for Maggie, but you haven't mentioned a thing about the possibility of the writers taking her in another direction for a while or possibly scrapping the alcoholism thing altogether.

Something doesn't smell right. I think you're trying to make us think you're a little more all-knowing than you really are so you have a leg up in your constant defenses of the show. After all, if we can't prove you're wrong, you can say whatever the hell you want to make the show look better, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 8 2010, 04:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
I'm not sure the alcoholism story is something that got dropped just because of Bryan Dattilo. They didn't even play him during Maggie's temptation.
If your source had already told you about Maggie's illness and informed you that Ken Corday went to Suzanne Rogers for permission to tell this story, wouldn't you have already known that the alcoholism story had been scrapped/postponed so they could tell this story instead?

Until today, you've maintained the belief that an alcoholism story was probable for Maggie, but you haven't mentioned a thing about the possibility of the writers taking her in another direction for a while.

Something doesn't smell right. I think you're trying to make us think you're a little more all-knowing than you really are.
Have I commented in any thread over the past few weeks about Maggie's alcoholism story? No. I haven't said a thing about it other then general comments on what we were seeing onscreen and what was spoiled in the mags. I can't say more about it, even if I do know something. You and I have been over that. SOMETIMES I will reference something I know in my posts by saying "I think" or "I heard" just to sound like other posters who come across things. That way I can get something out there without issue.

I never said I was all knowing. I never said anything. It's not like I go around spilling stuff. I keep to myself and if I can hint at something I try or I wait until something is brought up so I can kind of come out with something, if possible, without being detected. Plus, things change. I could post something one day and two weeks later it could be different or I or my source can misinterpret things. That is one reason I don't post in addition to skepticism and the big factor, which is getting me or my source in trouble somehow.

I've barely been posting beyond the Frances Reid thread and the mag threads where I've made simple comments about the spoilers there so I haven't indicated what I know or don't know publicly or to anyone via PM's. I don't pretend to be someone who knows everything. I don't. I get far less then I used to get but I do know things and I could care less who chooses to believe them. I talk to friends in PMs and all over the net about what I do get. They trust me and I appreciate that but it wouldn't matter if they didn't because it's only backstage info about a damn soap opera. Who the fuck cares?
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 8 2010, 04:57 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, and just to let you know, I'm not trying to bash you, Tim. It's just that your wishy-washy act gets very frustrating sometimes. One minute it's "Here's what I think happened." The next minute it's "Here's what I KNOW happened -- but I can't tell you how I know." The minute after that you spill everything and feign regret for compromising your source.

If you can't tell, don't tell. If you have information you aren't supposed to tell, then don't tell it. Don't tease it, don't halfway spoil it, don't beat around the bush and then come out fifteen minutes to spill it anyway because you're so desperate to defend the show. It gets old, and I'm sorry, but it does make it seem like you just make things up to suit your argument. Or at the very least, you add your own spice to your source's reports.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 04:53 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05

Until today, you've maintained the belief that an alcoholism story was probable for Maggie, but you haven't mentioned a thing about the possibility of the writers taking her in another direction for a while.

Something doesn't smell right. I think you're trying to make us think you're a little more all-knowing than you really are.
Have I commented in any thread over the past few weeks about Maggie's alcoholism story? No. I haven't said a thing about it other then general comments on what we were seeing onscreen and what was spoiled in the mags. I can't say more about it, even if I do know something. You and I have been over that. SOMETIMES I will reference something I know in my posts by saying "I think" or "I heard" just to sound like other posters who come across things. That way I can get something out there without issue.

I never said I was all knowing. I never said anything. It's not like I go around spilling stuff. I keep to myself and if I can hint at something I try or I wait until something is brought up so I can kind of come out with something, if possible, without being detected. Plus, things change. I could post something one day and two weeks later it could be different or I or my source can misinterpret things. That is one reason I don't post in addition to skepticism and the big factor, which is getting me or my source in trouble somehow.

I've barely been posting beyond the Frances Reid thread and the mag threads where I've made simple comments about the spoilers there so I haven't indicated what I know or don't know publicly or to anyone via PM's. I don't pretend to be someone who knows everything. I don't. I get far less then I used to get but I do know things and I could care less who chooses to believe them. I talk to friends in PMs and all over the net about what I do get. They trust me and I appreciate that but it wouldn't matter if they didn't because it's only backstage info about a damn soap opera. Who the fuck cares?
I kinda care....what do you know?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 8 2010, 04:58 PM
Oh, and just to let you know, I'm not trying to bash you, Tim. It's just that your wishy-washy act gets very frustrating sometimes. One minute it's "Here's what I think happened." The next minute it's "Here's what I KNOW happened -- but I can't tell you how I know." The minute after that you spill everything and feign regret for compromising your source, LoL.

If you can't tell, don't tell. If you have information you aren't supposed to tell, then don't tell it. Don't tease it, don't halfway spoil it, don't beat around the bush and then come out fifteen minutes to spill it anyway because you're so desperate to defend the show. It gets old, and I'm sorry, but it does make it seem like you just make things up to suit your argument. Or at the very least, you add your own spice to your source's reports.
Fair enough, Kenny. And thank you for coming back with that respectful post because I do sometimes feel like I'm getting beat around but I do appreciate this post. :)

The issue is things get heated and sometimes things slip out. One of my biggest faults is having a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see people talking about something I know more about.

I was simply trying to get the truth out there without coming right out with it but, once I realized it wasn't happening I felt it was ok to spill it because it's not a huge deal. I felt the show didn't deserve to be labeled as insensitive about this, which is why it was a hot button issue with me.

Honestly, I would be willing to come out with things if we had a private forum around here for things like that. There are people I trust on this board and it's not so much I can't spill certain things. It's who I can spill too and where I spill it that makes a difference.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Feb 8 2010, 05:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 04:53 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05

I kinda care....what do you know?
I'll PM you later tonight. I have to leave work LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

I never said I was all knowing. I never said anything.
Of course you haven't said that, but it's the way you act sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I'll open a post of yours, even in non-Days threads, and find that your first words are "I knew this" or "this is/isn't going to happen" or "I saw this coming a mile away." Even with the most vague, unpredictable things, LoL. You just have this "always right" attitude that seems to come across in your posts. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but that's definitely my interpretation.
Quote:

It's only backstage info about a damn soap opera. Who the fuck cares?
Um... we all do. That's why we're posting here, LoL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Oh the DRAMA! Salem ain't got shit on the DR. :D

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 05:03 PM
One of my biggest faults is having a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see people talking about something I know more about.
Which is probably why you come across as something of a know-it-all when you constantly jump in to say that you know better than someone else but you refuse to detail how, LoL.

If you ever have information that you want me (or anyone else you trust) to know but you're uncomfortable spilling it on the board, use the PM function. Don't do the wishy/washy "I know/I don't know" thing you normally do. That's annoying, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 8 2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:

I never said I was all knowing. I never said anything.
Of course you haven't said that, but it's the way you act sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I'll open a post of yours, even in non-Days threads, and find that your first words are "I knew this" or "this is/isn't going to happen" or "I saw this coming a mile away." Even with the most vague, unpredictable things, LoL. You just have this "always right" attitude that seems to come across in your posts. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but that's definitely my interpretation.
Quote:

It's only backstage info about a damn soap opera. Who the fuck cares?

Um... we all do. That's why we're posting here, LoL.
It's not intentional. I would think people would be used to me by now. :laugh: .

Some things, especially in non-soap threads, I just see coming so that is why I say "I knew this." Alot of people say that. I probably say it more then others but still.

I do get why my posts can be seen that way though. I just wish it wouldn't take an argument like this to get people to remind me of when I'm acting like a cocky jackass LOL. Just tell me and I will be happy to tone it down or be more careful.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 8 2010, 05:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
One of my biggest faults is having a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see people talking about something I know more about.
Which is probably why you come across as something of a know-it-all when you constantly jump in to say that you know better than someone else but you refuse to detail how, LoL.
See, this is why you guys need to just come right out and ask me or remind me when I'm being like that. I'm not good about improving myself without constant reminders :laugh: .

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 05:11 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
See, this is why you guys need to just come right out and ask me or remind me when I'm being like that. I'm not good about improving myself without constant reminders :laugh: .
Well, Ellie kinda did.
Ellie

Unless you talked to Suzanne Rogers, you're making an assumption. (As am I!) But obviously you don't want me to respond since you're saying there's no arguing with your opinion on this.
Throughout this entire debate, you've had this "I know better than you/I'm right/my opinions are FACT/end of story" attitude without the use of factual information to back up what we perceived as OPINIONS. How is anyone supposed to debate with someone who comes across that way?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 8 2010, 05:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 05:11 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Well, Ellie kinda did.
Ellie

Unless you talked to Suzanne Rogers, you're making an assumption. (As am I!) But obviously you don't want me to respond since you're saying there's no arguing with your opinion on this.
Throughout this entire debate, you've had this "I know better than you/I'm right/my opinions are FACT/end of story" attitude without the use of factual information to back up what we perceived as OPINIONS. How is anyone supposed to debate with someone who comes across that way?
Your not LOL.

Your right. Ellie kind of did but it didn't come off so much like her telling me I was acting like an ass :laugh: . It came off more in lines with the debate.

If I'm acting like an ass, tell me so. I need the reminders LOL.

Taelyn

PhoenixRising05
Feb 8 2010, 03:50 PM
Dee and Drake has to go because of the budget and because the show couldn't carry as many stories at that point as they were.
Well sionce Drake clearly said he offered to go back to his "1986" Salary .. That is a load of BS
And Dee made it clear she was willing to take a paycut, but was not asked .. so .. More BS.

Now back on topic

You insist she was asked, was that after she was handed the script?, was her choice to accept or .. refuse and thus deny her role and risk her job ?
She made it very clear she heard about it after it had been decided, and she was not comfortable with it. I saw nothing indicated a choice.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Posted Image

Back to the topic. I would have rather seen an alcoholism storyline. I hope that comes up down the road. Suzanne is a great actress and team player. I wish Melanie and Philip weren't apart of it, but I will take what I can get.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Damn- this is a good read on a sleepless night.

The storyline...whatever. In one sense I'm glad they're digging into history as Maggie becomes the Old Diseased Person of the moment (where old is, of course, tv-old; not real-life old). And I guess they kind of have to go with something more rare, since they've done diabetes and cancer (or whatever the fuck Kate had for a couple minutes) and psychic visions, and AIDS really isn't as in vogue as it once was especially for an older character where it would likely be from a blood transfusion. That isn't message-y enough for television nowadays.

Plus well-known diseases might require sensitivity and research (do you want to compete with OLTL's currently-airing alcoholism-related stuff? hell no, that would require, like, airtime...and more realistic interactions with other characters, like friends or actual family). With this- I'll buy it however it's played, 'cause I know nothing about it (tv has not yet taught me). So I'm down with it from a lazy perspective.

But in another way it's kinda fucked up to do that to her. Even assuming they asked- could she have told them not to go ahead with this?

I'm assuming Suzanne knows, as most of us probably do, that she won't really have to do shit. Maggie will say she's tired a couple times- maybe something more involved, dramatic leading to commercial break, but only once. From there Melanie or Mia or whoever the hell is up in that house can just say "Maggie's not feeling well" and they can look at each other all meaningfully and console each other because, really, if Maggie dies they're probably going to have to find apartments and bitch to Hope (or find random people, like the friendless, moronic, Samantha "the babymaker" Brady), who's way too self-involved to give a damn in the same way Maggie pretends to. And that's super scary.

So I guess...it's not such a big deal. She has to watch as her personal struggle is transformed into little more than contrivance designed to facilitate a boring-ass love triangle between two boring gentleman and a mentally handicapped young girl (Melanie is supposed to be challenged...right?), but it's work, right? And I guess it's unfortunately kind of her own fault for forcing them to incorporate it long ago...though who knew Days writers would give a damn about the character's history after so many years.

No wait- this is brilliant. Maggie can be there but legitimately off-screen because she's tired and sick. And then if she's in a scene...Suzanne won't be able to use all her energy, which tends to overpower some of the people she currently interacts with, 'cause Maggie's all sick and tired. All using history, which should shut us internet people up. Genius, Tomlin. Genius.
Edited by px780, Feb 9 2010, 05:15 AM.

AlisonLou

After reading this article I had the same concerns as all of you. I doubt this will be done right. When you mess with a complex illness especially when the actress has been through it herself and it doesn't come out the way it should then it could offend both the actress and those who have the illness/condition. I don't trust the current writers. Especially with the way things have been written lately.

I am also concerned with what the Hope sl will be after reading this. I don't expect it to be great either! If the Hope sl isn't done right it could fizzle before it's even started just like the Maggie sl. I hope for Suzanne's sake they don't stuff this up! She's a great actress!

I hope the show picks up soon. At the moment nothing really exites me. The Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin sl is moving so slowly that it's getting to the point where people are not going to care who ends up with who. The teen scene is boring too.
Days used to be about romance. Now there is no romance, no rooting couples together, long drawn out sl's and plot driven stuff that doesn't make sense. This show lacks romance and adventure!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply