Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
For the Kinsey lovers/haters; YouTube Interview on expanded role; now working with adults
Topic Started: Feb 9 2010, 08:53 PM (2,394 Views)
pixiedust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1gecR80Fo

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, barf. Kinsey needs to die, along with every other worthless teeny-bopper currently on the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This girl serves no purpose whatsoever. Die please.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

LMAO I will take Kinsey over Mia anyday.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Kinsey grates my everlasting nerve. And Kenny is right, she serves no purpose.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

She's cute, she has such an interesting look. Kinsey is such a throw away character. I do like her though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Why?

Seriously, why couldn't they just bring on a SORASed Joy Wesley and make her what Kinsey is? This is what bugs me about the teens. They have no connections to anyone on the canvas. Will does. Gabi does. Chad has a very weak connection and doesn't even look like he fits that group. Mia has Maggie but nothing beyond that (the baby switch connection is gone). T is interesting but too cheesy at times and a waste.

This group needs characters connected to established characters or families. It's stupid to keep someone like Kinsey around. She just adds to the issue, not solves it.

Eric83
Member Avatar

They should have made these teens connected to core families. I think more people would like them if they were connected to characters we care about.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ga68153
Feb 9 2010, 09:15 PM
They should have made these teens connected to core families. I think more people would like them if they were connected to characters we care about.
I doubt it but it would help to give a damn about their story.

It also doesn't help that they give the story no focus whatsoever and, when they do, they don't even try to make it worth anything. It's all so generic.

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 9 2010, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't, LoL. Having family connections wouldn't change shitty acting/writing.

jane1978

Kinsey is fine. She is a good supporting character with a potential for more and the writing for her got much better lately. I just want the teens to be on more, get more involved with the rest of Salem and have some more substantial story. Hopefully waiting till the Will recast arrives is what held them back.

Mason
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 9 2010, 09:17 PM
I just want the teens to be on more, get more involved with the rest of Salem and have some more substantial story.
Surprise, surprise! Just the opposite of what I want, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Kinsey is fine. She is a good supporting character with a potential for more and the writing for her got much better lately. I just want the teens to be on more, get more involved with the rest of Salem and have some more substantial story. Hopefully waiting till the Will recast arrives is what held them back.
The recast started last week. While I understand there is alot going on right now, the show has done nothing to further develop the teen scene.

The fact that no one aside from Will and Gabi has major ties to anyone in Salem puts even more pressure on the story. There isn't exactly a story here. What is it? We have Mia being jealous and bitchy and playing two guys but where is going? Who the hell is the couple to root for? Will may as well be recurring the way he is used. All of it just seems like nothing but annoying filler that means nothing.

The story started to come together in late December/early January and then it went away again. TPTB seem to have no idea what the hell to do with this story beyond making Mia bitchy.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Kinsey could also be more tolerable if she was more than just the stereotypical bitch. It is all so fake and forced.

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
The problem is, Kinsey shouldn't even be Kinsey. I mean, who is she? Where did she come from? What purpose does she serve? Why are we supposed to care about this random nobody character who sprouted out of Tomlin's ass? Like Tim suggested, why couldn't she be a SORAS-ed Joy? At least then she would have some sort of connection to the canvas, but as it stands right now, she has no more reason to be a focus on the show than the cooks at Chez Rouge. (Speaking of which, where IS Chez Rouge?)

She's just sort of... there. She has no romantic entanglements with an established character. She's not related to anyone on the show. She's not connected in any way to anyone that we care about. She literally came from out of nowhere and was dropped into the mix for no reason whatsoever, and it pisses me off that they're paying this girl money to just stand around when that same money could be going towards bringing Melissa Reeves back.

The worst part is that she's part of the most aimless story on the show. I'm not sure what the writers are trying to do with the whole Will/Gabi/Chad/Mia/Kinsey/etc. group, but it seems to be going nowhere. I mean, what's the story? IS there a story? It doesn't seem like it. Everytime I see these characters I'm just left wondering what the hell I'm supposed to care about because there's no plot. Not a strong one, anyway. It's all very weak and pointless. Kind of like Kinsey, aka Jan Spears 2.0.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Feb 9 2010, 09:14 PM
Why?

Seriously, why couldn't they just bring on a SORASed Joy Wesley and make her what Kinsey is? This is what bugs me about the teens. They have no connections to anyone on the canvas. Will does. Gabi does. Chad has a very weak connection and doesn't even look like he fits that group. Mia has Maggie but nothing beyond that (the baby switch connection is gone). T is interesting but too cheesy at times and a waste.

This group needs characters connected to established characters or families. It's stupid to keep someone like Kinsey around. She just adds to the issue, not solves it.
Kinsey and Tīs are supporting character the same as Jan and Kevin were. Iīm not sure what special connection they needs, thatīs not their role. Mia definitely, but her lack of parent control is part of who she is so it doesnīt bother me much. (and they can always bring her parents later the same they did with Mimi) Gabi and Ari and Rafe IMO work flawessly and I really like their scenes together. Chad is a problem which should be adressed, but I donīt think the show should fire Casey and replace him with someone new with better family tree. They can easily establish his connection otherwise, letīs say let him start work for Victor or EJ in some capacity. Will has been the weakest link so far and he should be definitely interacting with Sami much more, but as I said hopefully that is about to change (I suspect Aliīs mostly separate taping schedule is part of problem too).

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well you can look at it another way: I don't think everyone on a soap has to be tied together in some way. It's realistic for Mia and Gabi to have friends from school that are not related to other characters.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Then Kinsey and T need a reason to be around. For instance, Jan was tied in with Mimi and they plotted against Chloe. Kinsey later got involved with Shawn. Jason used to play pranks on Chloe too. Things like that. T just sits there and makes cheesy faces. Kinsey just acts like a sarcastic bitch. Give them a reason to be around other then being scenery that says shit.

I also think Mia needs a friend. A Jaime to her Sami. A Mimi to her Belle. She has no one. Will needs to do SOMETHING. Gabi is really the one they have handled the best. Chad just looks so out of place.

The whole teen scene is a mess. There is just no story. The show needs to commit to something and go with it. It's all just a mess with no direction whatsoever beyond Mia going bitchy.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like Kinsey. If she's going to start interacting more with the adult characters, giving her a more presence on the show, then I'm happy.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Kinsey and Tīs are supporting character the same as Jan and Kevin were.
LoL, that says it all. Jan and Kevin were hardly success stories. Besides, who are they supposed to be supporting? Mia and Chad? Since when do we need supporting characters to support other supporting characters? That thread of usefulness is a little too thin. Plus, standing around and sucking up oxygen every day hardly qualifies as a "supporting role." They're more like glorified extras -- although the writers seem desperate to make us care about them for some ungodly reason.
Quote:

Gabi and Ari and Rafe IMO work flawessly and I really like their scenes together.
I disagree, but that's no surprise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply