Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
For the Kinsey lovers/haters; YouTube Interview on expanded role; now working with adults
Topic Started: Feb 9 2010, 08:53 PM (2,354 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 9 2010, 10:37 PM
Kenny
Feb 9 2010, 10:13 PM
Nobody cares though. These characters serve no purpose. It's kind of like how Desperate Housewives brings in a new family every season that nobody cares about and by the end of the season they're ushered out because they flop so badly. The difference is, at least on Desperate Housewives the new characters have a story. These teens on Days... what's their story? What's their purpose? So far, all I see are supporting characters supporting other supporting characters and they all sit around the same set every day making bitchy remarks and doing absolutely nothing. Ooh, exciting.
I do. I care. Iīm very unhappy we will probably not see the teens much in Feb because I really liked how Mia ruined their plans for Vancouver and I want to see what happens now. It finally promisses some interesting development. Will Chad discover from his father what happened and confront Mia? Will we finally see Will take some more active part in the relationship? Itīs frustrating for you because you donīt want the teens on at all, and itīs frustrating for me because I like the teens stories and Iīm not happy they are such an afterthought now. Of course, I see Langanīs teens as the ideal. I think he did a great job with them, except the amount of airtime.
I will agree with that. Langan did a good job making the teens relevant and act like real teens. The only mistake was the airtime and the island plot. However, a big factor here is that most of those teens were all connected to people on the canvas. Belle, Shawn, Chloe, and Philip. Then you had Mimi, who took off and who they actually gave a family too. Jan eventually got a mother and got tied to Shawn and to Mimi wanting revenge on Chloe. The biggest issue is the lack of use of the one teen who should be used, Will, and the fact that no one else besides Gabi has a pivotal connection. That hurts all this more then anything.

I want to care but I can't until they actually form some sort of story and until they make Will an active role in all this. To me, he is the key. Will and Gabi. They have the connections and they need to be the center.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 9 2010, 10:47 PM
Langan's teens were stereotypes that belonged on the Disney Channel.
Frankly, teens are stereotypes LOL.

Sure, you have some teens that have their own personalities but the way Langan portrayed them was pretty dead on. Sometimes the social issue junk got out of hand but, overall, I thought he did fine with the teens up until the stupid island story and giving them that much airtime.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

What I'm wondering is what adults she'll be interacting with in scenes?
Hopefully the Salem PD. ROFL Send her up the river with Nicole!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 9 2010, 10:14 PM
Ugh. I don't care about the character and the actress is kinda weird looking.
Ditto.

Her face is out of whack somehow and I find when she is on, I keep trying to figure it out.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 9 2010, 10:14 PM
Ugh. I don't care about the character and the actress is kinda weird looking.
:hail: Thank you, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I don't mind T, but Kinsey I can do without.

dooldooldool

Kenny
Feb 9 2010, 09:31 PM
What purpose does she serve? ...She's just sort of... there. She has no romantic entanglements with an established character.....The worst part is that she's part of the most aimless story on the show. I'm not sure what the writers are trying to do with the whole Will/Gabi/Chad/Mia/Kinsey/etc. group,
I think that last part is really the key. There's seems to be no reason for any of the teen crowd to exist, other than to eat up screentime with inexpensive, inexperienced young actors. Then again, if they were given a storyline and eating up the majority of screentime, message boards would be a-howling.

When will Kinsey put Will in a cage? Summer 2011 or Summer 2012?

dooldooldool

jane1978
Feb 9 2010, 09:32 PM
Will has been the weakest link so far and he should be definitely interacting with Sami much more, but as I said hopefully that is about to change (I suspect Aliīs mostly separate taping schedule is part of problem too).
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. EXACTLY!

Alison Sweeney is pulling a Dee Hall. She cannot be a full-fledged castmember if she is filming her scenes around her Biggest Loser tapings. It's not as noticeable as the 1980s, when soaps were filmed so differently, but sidelining their "heroine" into scenes with only a few castmates is severely hurting the end result. Back in the 80s, we went months with Marlena only being seen with Roman/JohnBlack or Orpheus or no one (coma). I hadn't really though about it much, but the same thing has happened with Sami for the past couple years. The actress is missing from too many "events" and not interacting with anyone outside her immediate storyline.

Of course, the 1980s Marlena could be easily segregated as her children were small, and frankly, there were no other "Evans" folk in Salem. It's not as easy to segregate out Samantha Gene.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 9 2010, 09:14 PM
Why?

Seriously, why couldn't they just bring on a SORASed Joy Wesley and make her what Kinsey is? This is what bugs me about the teens. They have no connections to anyone on the canvas. Will does. Gabi does. Chad has a very weak connection and doesn't even look like he fits that group. Mia has Maggie but nothing beyond that (the baby switch connection is gone). T is interesting but too cheesy at times and a waste.

This group needs characters connected to established characters or families. It's stupid to keep someone like Kinsey around. She just adds to the issue, not solves it.
Why are all of you so in love with inbreeding on this show? Not everyone needs to be related to someone else in Salem.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 9 2010, 10:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 9 2010, 09:42 PM
Then Kinsey and T need a reason to be around. For instance, Jan was tied in with Mimi and they plotted against Chloe. Kinsey later got involved with Shawn. Jason used to play pranks on Chloe too. Things like that. T just sits there and makes cheesy faces. Kinsey just acts like a sarcastic bitch. Give them a reason to be around other then being scenery that says shit.

I also think Mia needs a friend. A Jaime to her Sami. A Mimi to her Belle. She has no one. Will needs to do SOMETHING. Gabi is really the one they have handled the best. Chad just looks so out of place.

The whole teen scene is a mess. There is just no story. The show needs to commit to something and go with it. It's all just a mess with no direction whatsoever beyond Mia going bitchy.
Thatīs all true but it all took time. We are not that far yet. Last year cannot be count as the teen story because it was all part of babyswitch. Now they are starting with clean sheat. It took Langan almost a year till he found the right dynamics for his teens and they were his priority nr. 1 and the "B" sometime even "A" story of the show. The current teens are "D" or "E".
Well I'm glad that they are just D or E and not A like Langan's teens were. But of course the best thing of all would be to get rid of the teens all together. We don't need teens in the cast, and if they are just filler like now (even though I appreciate the small screentime) I see no point to keep them. Put those money on more sets.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

PhoenixRising05
Feb 9 2010, 09:16 PM
ga68153
Feb 9 2010, 09:15 PM
They should have made these teens connected to core families. I think more people would like them if they were connected to characters we care about.
I doubt it but it would help to give a damn about their story.

It also doesn't help that they give the story no focus whatsoever and, when they do, they don't even try to make it worth anything. It's all so generic.
I agree, I must have misworded it wrong. I think we would care about them, becuase if something happened to them it would affect people we already know and care about.

I also agree about Kinsey being Joy Wesley. The perfect time to bring her on could have been during Chloe's coma when Craig came back. She could have begged to stay in Salem, and be with her sister and maybe could have moved into the Brady Pub, while Chloe recovered. :laugh:

Afterwards, they could have did a little side story of Joy having a crush on Daniel or something. It would have been better them seeing them off-screen for the past 4 or 5 months. I actually like the actress that plays Kinsey, but her lack of connections makes her character dull and flat.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Days' weakest area is the teen scene.I would rather they SORASed the kids connected to families instead of bringing them out of nowhere.Kenny's right.She serves no purpose,just as Mia doesn't,or Chad.They are just wastes of space when they could have brought back one or two past favs

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The only two teens I actually like are Kinsey and Gabi. The main thing I like about Gabi is the warm relationship she has with Arianna; both actresses are at their best selling them as sisters. I always appreciate it when the show focuses on familial ties since so often characters are put in a bubble, only to exist for their romantic attachments.

I have no problem with keeping Kinsey but I would also have no problem getting rid of the teens altogether. I would cut Mia for sure before I would cut Kinsey. I also think the actress who plays Kinsey is pretty in an unusual, sort of off-kilter Shannon Doherty-type way. I think she has the potential to really grow into her looks and be very striking as she gets older.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Feb 10 2010, 05:28 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 9 2010, 09:14 PM
Why?

Seriously, why couldn't they just bring on a SORASed Joy Wesley and make her what Kinsey is? This is what bugs me about the teens. They have no connections to anyone on the canvas. Will does. Gabi does. Chad has a very weak connection and doesn't even look like he fits that group. Mia has Maggie but nothing beyond that (the baby switch connection is gone). T is interesting but too cheesy at times and a waste.

This group needs characters connected to established characters or families. It's stupid to keep someone like Kinsey around. She just adds to the issue, not solves it.
Why are all of you so in love with inbreeding on this show? Not everyone needs to be related to someone else in Salem.
There doesn't have to be a relation but there needs to be a connection. Have Kinsey and T do something...anything! They just sit there and talk with the others. Now, if they are expanding their roles to actually do more, then fine but that also means they need to develop a story, of which there is none right now for the teens, in general.

I've always maintained you can't connect everyone to the main families. Not everyone has to be related but, if you think about it, you can create connections without everyone being related. I'm not saying make everyone a Brady or Horton. However, you open yourself up to questions if we only see the teens and no parents/family members and it's always better to actually establish a character. They could've easily had Joy come on instead of Kinsey. Joy is related to no one but Chloe so there would be no incest risk there. Instead of T, we could have that actor play one of Justin and Adrienne's sons. That would mean he's only connected to the Kiriakis family and the Johnson family (who are gone from Salem anyway except Stephanie and now Adrienne) so there isn't much incest risk there. You have also have Gabi, who is a Hernandez, and that leaves you with Chad and Mia, who have no major familial ties so, again, not much incest risk there. That is what I mean. They have a chance here to form a group with very little risk of incestuous relations. That doesn't have too often on this show and it's a very hard sell to ask the majority of viewers to care about a story that features pretty much nothing but characters with no ties to the canvas outside of Will (who is barely active) and Gabi (who's still new) even if Mia and Chad have minimal ties.

The other option too is giving T or Kinsey a family or expanding Chad's family or giving Mia a family member. Anything that would better establish these teens would help, along with forming some sort of story.

lysie
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Feb 10 2010, 03:54 AM
jane1978
Feb 9 2010, 09:32 PM
Will has been the weakest link so far and he should be definitely interacting with Sami much more, but as I said hopefully that is about to change (I suspect Aliīs mostly separate taping schedule is part of problem too).
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. EXACTLY!

Alison Sweeney is pulling a Dee Hall. She cannot be a full-fledged castmember if she is filming her scenes around her Biggest Loser tapings. It's not as noticeable as the 1980s, when soaps were filmed so differently, but sidelining their "heroine" into scenes with only a few castmates is severely hurting the end result. Back in the 80s, we went months with Marlena only being seen with Roman/JohnBlack or Orpheus or no one (coma). I hadn't really though about it much, but the same thing has happened with Sami for the past couple years. The actress is missing from too many "events" and not interacting with anyone outside her immediate storyline.

Of course, the 1980s Marlena could be easily segregated as her children were small, and frankly, there were no other "Evans" folk in Salem. It's not as easy to segregate out Samantha Gene.
It also made more sense storyline wise for Marlena to only be with those characters. It doesn't make sense right now for Sami. If that's what they're going to do, fine, but have it make sense. She's in town. She should be at these events. She even gets along with everyone now. They've given no reason onscreen for her to be seperated from everyone.

I don't like Kinsey at all, and I don't like Tad. or Thad or whatever his name is. I don't even like the guy who plays Chad. I do think that giving more of them an actual connection to Salem would help, but I've over all of them at this point. They should have dumped them as soon as the Sydney reveal happened.

HJBJDJ

I saw the thread title and had to ask myself who Kinsey even was. That's how much I pay attention to those teens. I couldn't even remember their names.

They have no story. And they talk about nothing. They do nothing but sit around drinking coffee all day. And really now, should teens be drinking THAT much coffee. Mia plays against with Will and Chad all day and we really don't even know why because she never talks about her feelings for either of them to ANYONE. That's one of the problems they don't have her confide anything to anyone so we don't know how she really feels about either of them. And that's aside from the fact that whoever plays Mia is a terrible terrible terrible actress. They must have hired her from her head shot only because the girl can't act. She mumbles, she talks to low I can barely her and she just sits there stoned faced all the time. She has no life in her and whatever life life is in a scene she sucks right out of it.

I agree that Kinsey girl has an odd look to her and I too find myself just starring at her facial features thinking they are way to big for her face the whole time she's on.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope they get rid of her soon, she isn't needed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply