Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Carly Shoots Melanie!; February 23rd issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Feb 11 2010, 02:26 PM (5,493 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I hate that Melanie is going to think Carly's just some crazy murderess who gets off on stabbing and shooting people.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 11 2010, 05:59 PM
Mason
Feb 11 2010, 05:56 PM
Why in hell would Melanie take the bullet for Vivian? How stupid is this girl?
That's pretty silly. I wonder if she actually jumps in front of Vivian or if she just happens to make a sudden movement while Carly is pulling the trigger without even realizing what's going on?
The latter, I hope, but the article makes it sound like the former.
Edited by Mason, Feb 11 2010, 06:05 PM.

Cupcake06

Kenny
Feb 11 2010, 06:04 PM
I hate that Melanie is going to think Carly's just some crazy murderess who gets off on stabbing and shooting people.
This made me :laugh:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I remember when Philip got shot leaping in front of Morgan after she suddenly reached into her purse, making the goons think she was going for a gun, then they never explained what it was she was reaching FOR. I suppose they thought this was a minor detail. I would think it would be incredibly stupid to have Melanie purposefully trying to shield Vivian though so I'm going to assume until proven otherwise that it's accidental.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Here is another quote from Crystal that is in the SOD article:

"She sees Vivian about to hit Melanie with an iron rod and Melanie thinks Carly has finally lost her last marble and jumps in front of the gun and takes the bullet."

And Louise says:

"Carly's only three feet away; she's really a bad shot."

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 11 2010, 06:52 PM

"She sees Vivian about to hit Melanie with an iron rod and Melanie thinks Carly has finally lost her last marble and jumps in front of the gun and takes the bullet."
:shame:

I don't understand why nobody has explained Vivian's past crimes to Melanie (I mean, aside from the obvious, which is to make this contrived story work).

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79

And Louise says:

"Carly's only three feet away; she's really a bad shot."
Of course she's only three feet away. That's all the room these rinky dink sets allow for, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 11 2010, 06:53 PM
Angie79

I don't understand why nobody has explained Vivian's past crimes to Melanie (I mean, aside from the obvious, which is to make this contrived story work).
Well, they have. Carly told Melanie that Vivian buried her alive and Phillip told her about the infamous embryo theft, but for whatever reason Melanie still seems to think Vivian is a big ol' sweetheart. Maybe if Maggie had filled her in when she had the chance she would've actually listened.

None of it makes sense, but then again, this is Days.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I could see Carly being distracted when Melanie or Vivian yells out something and then the gun going off.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeah, but I mean, I don't understand why no one has validated Carly's warnings to Melanie, so that Carly doesn't just sound like an irrational whackjob.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 11 2010, 06:57 PM
Mason
Angie79

Well, they have. Carly told Melanie that Vivian buried her alive and Phillip told her about the infamous embryo theft, but for whatever reason Melanie still seems to think Vivian is a big ol' sweetheart. Maybe if Maggie had filled her in when she had the chance she would've actually listened.

Or Melanie just doesn't care because she was once pretty bad herself and has changed (although she never buried anyone alive LOL). Melanie seems to think Vivian is just crazy.

Whatever the case, this all goes back to the show painting Carly as a monster. That is why someone like Jennifer is so needed because Carly could use an actual friend. Maggie has been ok but Maggie isn't around much for her. If we had someone around to support Carly's POV, that would help and then Melanie may have been more inclined to heed Carly's warnings.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 11 2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah, but I mean, I don't understand why no one has validated Carly's warnings to Melanie, so that Carly doesn't just sound like an irrational whackjob.
I agree. That's what Maggie should've done, but she didn't because it didn't suit the plot.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 11 2010, 07:00 PM
Kenny
Mason
Angie79

Or Melanie just doesn't care because she was once pretty bad herself and has changed (although she never buried anyone alive LOL). Melanie seems to think Vivian is just crazy.

Whatever the case, this all goes back to the show painting Carly as a monster. That is why someone like Jennifer is so needed because Carly could use an actual friend. Maggie has been ok but Maggie isn't around much for her. If we had someone around to support Carly's POV, that would help and then Melanie may have been more inclined to heed Carly's warnings.
Vivian lured melanie with candy, everything that Melanie loves. vivian had money which was power and influence. She wowed Melanie with the couture dress and lavished the attention and compliments that Mel craves.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 11 2010, 07:01 PM
Mason
Feb 11 2010, 06:59 PM
I agree. That's what Maggie should've done, but she didn't because it didn't suit the plot.
Eh. The plot could've worked even with it because Melanie is young and stupid. I could see her going to Vivian with it and Vivian explaining the whole deal with the herbs and Melanie shrugging it off. Afterall, she softened towards Carly once she thought Carly had lost her daughter.

The show has had characters wise to Vivian and Melanie has heard enough to know it may not be the best idea to be around her but Vivian and her bonded during the wedding preparations. Before that, she wanted nothing to do with her or Kate. Vivian gets her a dress and stylists and Melanie falls for her LOL. She probably wouldn't believe a woman who is that great to her could be what others say she is. She knows what it's like to be misunderstood and she probably figured Vivian was in that same position, to a degree.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Halloween Family
Feb 11 2010, 07:03 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 11 2010, 07:00 PM
Kenny
Mason

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep"She sees Vivian about to hit Melanie with an iron rod and Melanie thinks Carly has finally lost her last marble and jumps in front of the gun and takes the bullet."nobody has explained Vivian's past crimes to Melanie (I mean, aside from the obvious, which is to make this contrived story work).

Vivian lured melanie with candy, everything that Melanie loves. vivian had money which was power and influence. She wowed Melanie with the couture dress and lavished the attention and compliments that Mel craves.
Exactly. Melanie got taken in. She wanted no part of Vivian before that. She was creeped out by her. She still is but she sees Vivian as someone who just wants love, acceptance, and attention. She's seen a loving side to her, which is why I don't think it would make a difference what she knew. She knew enough and it still didn't matter.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

What would have helped is that if they should Maggie in a more self absorbed place because it is strange that Maggie didn't warn Melanie more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Halloween Family
Feb 11 2010, 07:10 PM
What would have helped is that if they should Maggie in a more self absorbed place because it is strange that Maggie didn't warn Melanie more.
Good point. I mean, obviously the past month or so she's had the Mickey situation but, then again, before that Melanie didn't care for Vivian at all so Maggie probably had no reason to concern herself with it. By the time Melanie and Vivian got close, Maggie was a emotional wreck so I can see why Maggie wouldn't be as focused on Melanie's situation as normal. Her mind isn't all there.

I still go back to my point about Carly only really having Bo in her corner. Maggie is in and out and so is Daniel but Bo is pretty much it. I would love Hope to know be helpful to Carly now that everything is out in the open. The way Carly was turned into public enemy #1 is the thing that annoyed me. She shouldn't always have to turn to Bo for support. Give the girl a friend or something.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

If Hope is helpful to Carly (when it comes to melanie), I'd be all over that sappy stuff.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would be too. It would be nice to see.

I'm already seeing Hope soften a bit toward Carly so that is a good sign.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 11 2010, 07:24 PM
I would be too. It would be nice to see.

I'm already seeing Hope soften a bit toward Carly so that is a good sign.
As long as it is for a good reason and not just to do it . I think if Hope looks at it from the perspective of saving a child (Melanie) it would play out nicely. There was one or two times Hope had some compassion for Carly early on and it melted my heart...love that kind of stuff!
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 11 2010, 07:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply