Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ Fakes Sydney's death; February 23rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Feb 11 2010, 02:44 PM (14,250 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR

EJ sets it up to look like Sydney was killed by the kidnappers.

EJ tells Anna that he wants to make Sami suffer until she has nothing left. He takes Sydney's clothes and dumps them in the harbor. The clothes are fished out and given to the authorities. When Rafe delievers the news, EJ is with Sami. Sami is devastated. James says, "He gets a tremendous amount of pleasure from seeing someone else's pain. I think that is only because he himself was caused so much pain by her. What he is doing to Sami is nasty, what she did to him is nasty. There is not a winner in this. Everybody loses, really."

This news pulls Sami closer to EJ and away from Rafe. Rafe has been getting more involved in Sami's life and becoming a father to EJ's children. James says, "EJ does not like that."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wow, pretty fucked up EJ. At least it adds a new element to this story. I just want Nicole back already.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Now THIS is the EJ I want to see. Good stuff.

The whole "baby is presumed dead" angle is morbid and horrible but the story is moving and that makes me happy.

lastDays
Member Avatar

I never thought anyone in Salem could stoop this low.Congrats,EJ.You are the #1 asshole.I hope once Sami eventually finds out the truth ,she pops a cap in your ass

misch
Member Avatar

Not sure how I feel about this. This is really twisted. When is Anna going to betray EJ? Doesn't seem like Anna to go along with this.

lysie
Member Avatar

EJ kind of reminds me of Syd in Toy Story.

I don't like this. EJ looks more and more immature with each thing he does.

oldschoolfan

Now that's the EJ I remember, torturing someone else.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I don't really see the problem. This is the real EJ, the villain.

six
Member Avatar

Wow, that has to be up there with the most sadistic things a soap character has ever done. If EJ hadn't been so long established, I'd think this was setting up his exit story. I like dark characters, but this is ridiculous.

I do wonder how they're going to make the leap from finding clothes to Sydney's death, though.

kitkat
Member Avatar

This is sick and twisted, because we know those clothes are supposed to be bloodied. What she did to him was mean, this is cruel. But of course, look who we're talking about.... But I don't think Rafe is gonna roll over and play dead. But I was right I said EJ planted the clothes, he's a monster who is surprised by this?
Edited by kitkat, Feb 11 2010, 03:05 PM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

What a jerk! First he rapes the woman and now this.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

six
Feb 11 2010, 03:01 PM
Wow, that has to be up there with the most sadistic things a soap character has ever done. If EJ hadn't been so long established, I'd think this was setting up his exit story. I like dark characters, but this is ridiculous.

I do wonder how they're going to make the leap from finding clothes to Sydney's death, though.
I guess they will think Syd drowned?

Wasn't the previous spoiler that there were bloody clothes found?

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 11 2010, 03:00 PM
LOL. "The real EJ" is part of the problem to me. How are we supposed to know what's the real him and what's not? But aside from that, it's the way he does it. I'm trying to think of another villain who had such a lack of control. He doesn't act, he reacts and he does it very childishly IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Agreed. It's evil and I can see what drove him to this. He got lied to three times. One of the lies involved Sami intending to keep his child from him. Then he has seen Rafe taking his place with his kids and overheard him and Sami talk about their perfect life and perfect family with his kids. I'm not excusing his actions but they make sense.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

six
Feb 11 2010, 03:01 PM

I don't see how this is anymore dark than torturing Steve, shooting John, raping Sami, ordering hit on Philip.

jane1978

No surprise. EJ may lie to himself his motivation is to make Sami suffer and whatever but what he really is jealous. He wants Sami back and he hates sheīs really moved on. His first attempt to split Safe didnīt work so he is trying something stronger. Iīm sure itīs only matter of time till he decides to use Ari to make Sami jealous, probably around time Nicol returns from prison and stirs some trouble for Bradiana again.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Another reason I loathe this character. EJ is one sick bastard.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Feb 11 2010, 03:06 PM
Sindacco
LOL. "The real EJ" is part of the problem to me. How are we supposed to know what's the real him and what's not? But aside from that, it's the way he does it. I'm trying to think of another villain who had such a lack of control. He doesn't act, he reacts and he does it very childishly IMO.
Great point. There has been so many different variations of EJ over the years LOL. I think the direction he is going in now is the direction that this regime will stick with. I think that was one of the big reasons for the whole past year of story. They wanted to set up EJ being driven back to being ruthless and vengeful.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
Sindacco
I agree, lysie. There is no such thing as "the real EJ." Each and every writer of the last four years has had at least one or more "real EJ."

Further, I don't think the current incarnation of villainous EJ works for precisely the reason you mentioned... his lack of control. Before when he was a villain, EJ held all the cards and it was more interesting. At least to me. Now he's this crazy villain who can't accomplish anything and it just seems so pointless.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

lysie
Sindacco
Maybe the real EJ was the wrong word. But of all the different versions we have seen of him during the years he's been on, EJ the villain is my favorite.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply