Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (13,218 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Days of Our Lives
Week of 2/15 - 2/19

Classic Clip:
Lucas shoots Franco to protect Kate during Franco & Sami's wedding. Franco ends up dying so Kate and Lucas set Sami up for murder. (1998)

Part 1

Part 2

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Gah. Rhi beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a weekly discussion with this clip in honor of Phillip's wedding.

Oh well. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

What year was that IMA?

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

If Sami and Rafe ever decide to get hitched the Rafester better watch his back. Between Franco and EJ, Lucas has an established history of gunning for the groom!

Philip's first wedding was sooo much better! Nothing beats poison comb like motorcycle through a stained glass church window.

Thanks!
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 13 2010, 07:05 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rhi
Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM
Classic Clip:[/b] Lucas shoots Franco to protect Kate during Franco & Sami's wedding. Franco ends up dying so Kate and Lucas set Sami up for murder. (1998)
The first time I saw this I was so upset but this is truly one of the show's best storylines.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Okay, I was on a show break during the Phelle wedding so that was the first time I had seen it. Where was Marlena? Where was Victor? Why was John hurt? Why did Sami have MegaBitchFace on throughout? And *sniff* Alice--and Celeste, too (miss her). Who was the man sitting with Jennifer? And now that I think of it, I saw Hope but I don't remember seeing Bo. What was going on?

Even though you can clearly already see the downscaling in production values from weddings past, this still looked a lot better than any of the weddings over the last few years. I'm not one to cry over spilt milk or yearn for the good old days but the weddings is the one area where I really still want to see a splash.

Lastly, though I had no real problem with Belle's dress, it reminded me that I really liked her dress for her wedding to Shawn. I wouldn't have thought I would have if I had just seen it on the hanger, but it looked nice on Martha.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

IMissAremid
Feb 13 2010, 06:30 PM
Gah. Rhi beat me to the punch. I was just about to post a weekly discussion with this clip in honor of Phillip's wedding.

Oh well. :)
Sorry.... :P

I figured I'd add the Sami/Franco wedding since it included Lucas shooting Franco and this is BD's last week while a wedding is being featured on Days.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 13 2010, 07:25 PM
Okay, I was on a show break during the Phelle wedding so that was the first time I had seen it. Where was Marlena? Where was Victor? Why was John hurt? Why did Sami have MegaBitchFace on throughout? And *sniff* Alice--and Celeste, too (miss her). Who was the man sitting with Jennifer? And now that I think of it, I saw Hope but I don't remember seeing Bo. What was going on?
Marlena and Victor were along with Roman, Caroline, Jack and Cassie held captive by Andre DiMera in a castle in Europe. John was injured during a fight with Andre a couple of months earlier. The man sitting with Jennifer was Patrick Lockhart, Mimi's brother.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 13 2010, 07:45 PM
Paxton
Marlena and Victor were along with Roman, Caroline, Jack and Cassie held captive by Andre DiMera in a castle in Europe. John was injured during a fight with Andre a couple of months earlier. The man sitting with Jennifer was Patrick Lockhart, Mimi's brother.
So they still hadn't made it home yet after being "killed" and living in Melaswen? I tuned out during this time, so I don't remember. :laugh:
Edited by Eric83, Feb 13 2010, 07:46 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sindacco
Paxton
Thanks. I thought that might have been Patrick but wasn't sure.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 13 2010, 07:46 PM
Sindacco
Paxton
So they still hadn't made it home yet after being "killed" and living in Melaswen? I tuned out during this time, so I don't remember. :laugh:
Nope, when they escaped Melaswen they were caught in a tsunami. Most of them were resuced by the coast guard but Marlena, Roman, Caroline, Victor, Jack and Cassie were picked up by a japanese fishing boat that turned out to be working for the DiMeras. So they were taken to the castle in Europe. Several months later, they escaped and the castle burned to the ground. But Victor and Caroline were recaptured and taken to yet another island where they spent some months until they were rescued by Bo, Hope, Billie and Patrick. And between the castle in Europe and the tropical island, Andre found some time to go to Iraq where he held Philip, Shawn, Rex, Lucas and Brady captive. 2004-2005 was such a mess, LOL.
Edited by Sindacco, Feb 13 2010, 08:15 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

The more I read about the 2004-2005 time period, the happier I am that I was on one of my breaks from the show then!

LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

Will DOOL be on even though the Olympics are airing right now? If they are can someone give me times so I can set my DvR?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

LawlyFan4ever
Feb 13 2010, 11:45 PM
Will DOOL be on even though the Olympics are airing right now? If they are can someone give me times so I can set my DvR?
The only day DAYS is officially pre-empted is this Monday. However, since NBC allows local affiliates to do whatever the hell they want, DAYS may get shifted to another time if your affiliate normally airs the show during the time NBC plans to broadcast the Olympics. If you normally watch the show in the later afternoon (3pm-ish or later), I'd check your local schedule just to make sure.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

Soapnet also airs the same day, in the evening. Air Times are different because of time zones, but just check soapnet channel, and see when Today's DOOL airs...

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

When was the last time St. Luke's church was used? I really hate that we have weddings & funerals in living rooms.

LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

Okay will do. Thank you for the input!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 14 2010, 03:14 AM
When was the last time St. Luke's church was used? I really hate that we have weddings & funerals in living rooms.
Last summer.

Eric83
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 14 2010, 03:14 AM
Grace's funeral which was on June 19, 2009. I remember so well, becuase it was my b-day. :laugh:

aimees76
Member Avatar

:( Lucas :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply