Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (13,217 Views)
Red Mist
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Feb 22 2010, 01:21 AM
Kenny
Feb 21 2010, 05:00 PM
This is kind of unrelated to last week's episodes, but I think it might be fun to have a Vivian/Victor/Nicole triangle.
Didn't they already do that with Nicole? Only it was Kate instead of Viv.
Oh, the Kate/Vic/ Nic triangle was one of the best EVER. Kate being sent off without a dime and made to sling hash to survive was amazing. I will relish the vision forever. Kate was so interesting during that sl. And Phillip was such a complete brat.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Dragonish1
Feb 22 2010, 01:40 AM
cassie1013
Kenny
Feb 21 2010, 05:00 PM
This is kind of unrelated to last week's episodes, but I think it might be fun to have a Vivian/Victor/Nicole triangle.
Didn't they already do that with Nicole? Only it was Kate instead of Viv.
Oh, the Kate/Vic/ Nic triangle was one of the best EVER. Kate being sent off without a dime and made to sling hash to survive was amazing. I will relish the vision forever. Kate was so interesting during that sl. And Phillip was such a complete brat.
Yeah, she was - until they started with the Roman storyline!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cassie1013
Feb 22 2010, 01:22 AM
☼ Jinx ☼
Feb 21 2010, 05:45 PM
Arianna and Chloe's new friendship has been very interesting for me, personally. At this point, I actually do feel very sympathetic for Chloe, her situation this past week has completely sucked. I still don't really get the science behind her false pregnancy.

I'm loving what EJ is up to this week as well. Watching the plot play out, I feel Sami definitely deserves this, I just hope the kidnapping (EJ taking Johnny) story doesn't last forever.
Here's a solution: Science and DAYS should never be used in the same sentence.

I wonder what actual scientists think of the bullshit on DAYS - LOL
Actually, the show did pretty well with the medical stuff this week. It's actually been doing better with that since Hogan/Ed Scott. Sure, they still take liberties but they use medical terms and do a better job getting it right overall.

The way Daniel explained Chloe's hysterical pregnancy was pretty good and it seems to actually be in line with what it really is so good for them LOL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Feb 22 2010, 01:44 AM
Dragonish1
Feb 22 2010, 01:40 AM
cassie1013

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yeah, she was - until they started with the Roman storyline!
:puke: I try to forget that she was with Rotox. Horrid.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 21 2010, 11:45 PM
Holy shit! I just watched the Bollywood clip and WTF!
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Never watched much Passions except for the witch and the bubble thought baby. That was just one crazy ass show!

I like Arianna, except for when she has the Nicole hate...which is a shame because I think she and Nicole would be hilarious. They like to show Nicole and Chloe hanging out and having fun, and they like to show Chloe and Arianna being friends, and Stephanie and Arianna laughing and goofying off....
...why don't they have Sami hanging out with any friends or laughing or goofying off and having a good time with other girls. It's like she can't exist as a girl, just as a girlfriend and it is a disservice to her character.
She's too catty, jealous, and competitive to have girlfriends. Her relationship with Belle used to fill that void occasionally, but overall Sami's just not a likable person.
Edited by lysie, Feb 22 2010, 09:22 AM.

Livie

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 09:22 AM
Alligato
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Never watched much Passions except for the witch and the bubble thought baby. That was just one crazy ass show!

I like Arianna, except for when she has the Nicole hate...which is a shame because I think she and Nicole would be hilarious. They like to show Nicole and Chloe hanging out and having fun, and they like to show Chloe and Arianna being friends, and Stephanie and Arianna laughing and goofying off....
...why don't they have Sami hanging out with any friends or laughing or goofying off and having a good time with other girls. It's like she can't exist as a girl, just as a girlfriend and it is a disservice to her character.
She's too catty, jealous, and competitive to have girlfriends. Her relationship with Belle used to fill that void occasionally, but overall Sami's just not a likable person.
I know that is your opinion, but many times I have seen people go off on Sami (Arianna) even before they meet her. Barf, we did see Sami in a friendship situation, with Nicole, and while it was sincere on her part, it was a ruse for Nicole.

I definitely could be friends with Sami, she has a wicked sense of humor, and usually a shrewd sense of people until this set of writers got hold of her.

The Chloe-Nicole friendship was always just weird. Yes, you always pick a BFF who has inserted bacteria into your surgical field in order to make you ugly so you can steal her boyfriend.
Edited by Livie, Feb 22 2010, 10:03 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sami has never had friends because people for her are a means to an end. The real friend she confided in was Lucas. He called her on her shit. Every other friend she has used, or in the case of Nicole, used her.

EJ said it best when he was talking to Lexie and observing that Sami has no one (other then her family) that likes her. She does it to herself time and time again.

IA about Arianna though. I don't get the insta-hate of any women. She first bitches about Sami, now she's onto Nicole, even though Nicole had told Brady to move on with her. I don't think they even shared a scene together and bitchy Arianna is blaming Nicole for everything under the sun!

I like women on DAYS to have friendships and maybe Sami may actually get one or two girlfriends to eat with at the Brady Pub...instead of her boytoys or kiddies!

lysie
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 10:01 AM
lysie
Feb 22 2010, 09:22 AM
Alligato

I know that is your opinion, but many times I have seen people go off on Sami (Arianna) even before they meet her. Barf, we did see Sami in a friendship situation, with Nicole, and while it was sincere on her part, it was a ruse for Nicole.

I definitely could be friends with Sami, she has a wicked sense of humor, and usually a shrewd sense of people until this set of writers got hold of her.

The Chloe-Nicole friendship was always just weird. Yes, you always pick a BFF who has inserted bacteria into your surgical field in order to make you ugly so you can steal her boyfriend.
I don't really understand one aspect of this, and I've had this trouble for years. I've seen people say many times that they could be friends with Sami...how do you know? There's nothing to compare it to. Any friend she has ever had (and the list is short) she has used and abused, and that includes Lucas. If we saw her in friend situations like we used to with Hope and Jennifer or Belle and Mimi I might not agree (because I wouldn't with Belle and Mimi) but I could at least understand where the "I could be friends with her" sentiment comes from. Her shrewd sense of people is what keeps her from having friends, IMO. She sizes people up, and preys on their insecurities.
The Nicole/Chloe friendship was weird, but it worked well for both characters who have so few ties to Salem. They really should have had them address that.

Livie

How do you know you could not be friends with her is the obvious back track question. I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

Sami now, is not sizing people up at all. She is taking them at face value, which is why she is going to be swallowing EJ's bilious lies.

As to why I could be friends with Sami, I like people with wicked senses of humour, ones who have a fierce sense of loyalty, she is nice looking without being so aware of her looks (ala Chloe or Nicole) that it overshadows the rest of her personality. She has a history of growing up in the Pub surroundings which I find interesting, matches a lot of my life, I grew up in the family business as well.

Lot of reasons, mainly, I just like her.

Lucas and her were a mutually abusive friendship. He did as much to her as she to him, more if you count the death row thing.

Sami has been written since Hogan to be a changed person. However, her shrewdness was enough to size up Nicole when she first came back.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Nicole and Chloe were weird, but they both seemed like outcasts. When Chloe returned, she was the town pariah for getting Brady hooked on drugs (so fucking stupid). Even Sami trashed Chloe when she first came back. Nicole was always treated like an outcast, so the fact that they became friends was silly considering their past, at least they mentioned it and seemed to have moved on.

Nicole and Sami was nice, but it wasn't because they were friends, it was because of the kids. Sami didn't like Nicole until Nicole did something for her with Johnny. The only reason Sami helped out Nicole was because Nicole helped Sami, and maybe because Sami took pity on Nicole about EJ.

I think it would be a nice change for the Sami character to have her grab coffee with a girl and be friends. Heck, I'd even take Ross as her friend, but someone she can be silly with. Arianna and Sami would be nice. It personalizes them.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I never realized how much I liked Lucas and Sami as friends until I realize that we will never see Lucas and Sami as friends again. Sigh.

lysie
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 10:50 AM
How do you know you could not be friends with her is the obvious back track question. I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

Sami now, is not sizing people up at all. She is taking them at face value, which is why she is going to be swallowing EJ's bilious lies.

As to why I could be friends with Sami, I like people with wicked senses of humour, ones who have a fierce sense of loyalty, she is nice looking without being so aware of her looks (ala Chloe or Nicole) that it overshadows the rest of her personality. She has a history of growing up in the Pub surroundings which I find interesting, matches a lot of my life, I grew up in the family business as well.

Lot of reasons, mainly, I just like her.

Lucas and her were a mutually abusive friendship. He did as much to her as she to him, more if you count the death row thing.

Sami has been written since Hogan to be a changed person. However, her shrewdness was enough to size up Nicole when she first came back.
Because she runs off every friend she has. It's not about me liking or not liking her personality.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

When did Chloe gold dig or go after a married man? Her love interests have been Philip, Brady, Lucas (completely implausibly) and Daniel. None of those men were married when she was involved with them. Her interest in Philip and Brady was never to my knowledge presented as her being about their family money. Lucas wasn't wealthy to our knowledge. Daniel is undoubtedly reasonably well paid as a physician who seems to have mastered all specialties but I wouldn't call that golddigging.

Livie

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:

I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

When did Chloe gold dig or go after a married man? Her love interests have been Philip, Brady, Lucas (completely implausibly) and Daniel. None of those men were married when she was involved with them. Her interest in Philip and Brady was never to my knowledge presented as her being about their family money. Lucas wasn't wealthy to our knowledge. Daniel is undoubtedly reasonably well paid as a physician who seems to have mastered all specialties but I wouldn't call that golddigging.
Ok, Chloe is a shining example of womanhood, but my friends draw the line at having sex in an elevator. Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that. I may have missed the dead eye mark on CHLOE, but she is now friends with the woman who fits all of those categories, and it never seemed real or genuine to me, just weird.

Again, I like Sami, and changing my mind on that is going to take more than anyone on this board can dish to me :laugh: It takes a lot to turn me off on a character I like, after all, it took me four years to finally say EJ needs to be buried alive.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Ok, Chloe is a shining example of womanhood, but my friends draw the line at having sex in an elevator. Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that.

Those things seem pretty minor to me in comparison to all the shit Sami's pulled over the years, but hey, we like who we like and we justify and rationalize the actions of those we like. I love Nicole and Chloe, can't stand Sami, and nobody on this board or any other's changing my mind about that any more than yours will be about Sami even if I spent from now until doomsday explaining in detail why I don't like her.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know Nicole married men for money, but did she ever go after a married man? I missed a couple of years of her history.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:

Ok, Chloe is a shining example of womanhood, but my friends draw the line at having sex in an elevator. Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that.

Those things seem pretty minor to me in comparison to all the shit Sami's pulled over the years, but hey, we like who we like and we justify and rationalize the actions of those we like. I love Nicole and Chloe, can't stand Sami, and nobody on this board or any other's changing my mind about that any more than yours will be about Sami even if I spent from now until doomsday explaining in detail why I don't like her.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was never trying to change anyone's mind. I was just saying that it was something I don't understand. I also don't understand why elevator sex is such a big deal. Couples have been having sex in odd places (rooftops, conference room tables) on this show for decades. An elevator isn't that different.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
I know Nicole married men for money, but did she ever go after a married man? I missed a couple of years of her history.
Well, technically EJ was married to Sami. And Victor was semi-married to Kate.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 11:04 AM
Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that. I may have missed the dead eye mark on CHLOE, but she is now friends with the woman who fits all of those categories, and it never seemed real or genuine to me, just weird.

Again, I like Sami, and changing my mind on that is going to take more than anyone on this board can dish to me :laugh: It takes a lot to turn me off on a character I like, after all, it took me four years to finally say EJ needs to be buried alive.
Technically, Sam had sex with Lucas while married to EJ...granted, it was the fakest of fake marriages that she was forced into, but some view it as the epitome of their love. :)
Just sayin. ;) Not trying to change your mind, just realizing that Sami, Nicole and Chloe have all been semi-evil bitches, with Sami leading the pack. I don't know if I would want to be friends with any of them...I'd have trust issues. LOL.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 11:12 AM
Alligato
Well, technically EJ was married to Sami. And Victor was semi-married to Kate.
Not sure about Victor, but EJ had the marriage annulled but didn't tell Sami, then he and Nicole got busy. However, Nicole was still married to Victor when she put the moves on EJ, which wasn't a marriage because she was still married to Trent. So technically, Nicole cheated on Trent when she was with her bevy of men on Days...until EJ. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply