Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (13,292 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 22 2010, 11:13 AM
Livie
Feb 22 2010, 11:04 AM
Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that. I may have missed the dead eye mark on CHLOE, but she is now friends with the woman who fits all of those categories, and it never seemed real or genuine to me, just weird.

Again, I like Sami, and changing my mind on that is going to take more than anyone on this board can dish to me :laugh: It takes a lot to turn me off on a character I like, after all, it took me four years to finally say EJ needs to be buried alive.
Technically, Sam had sex with Lucas while married to EJ...granted, it was the fakest of fake marriages that she was forced into, but some view it as the epitome of their love. :)
Just sayin. ;) Not trying to change your mind, just realizing that Sami, Nicole and Chloe have all been semi-evil bitches, with Sami leading the pack. I don't know if I would want to be friends with any of them...I'd have trust issues. LOL.
She's also tried to go after Austin while he was married and engaged.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

As some of you do with the escapades and also the murderous nature of Nicole, I turn a blind eye to a lot of what Sami has done, or remember a lot of it happened while she was a teenager.

I suppose if we took a ledger and tried to list all the DR and CR sides of all of these women, only Chloe would approach sainthood, but then, what would be the point of a soap. As I have said, villains and villainess'es serve a purpose. I do not root for them, even with Sami, I always was on the edge of my seat as I knew what she did was going to bite her back, and it did. I do not like people getting away with stuff since it makes the villainy not have any impact.

I like Sami. We all look at situations differently, I heard people calling Sami a slut for the sex with Lucas while married to EJ, but as was stated, it was a marriage that was deserving of being shown for how false it was.

Just wondering, if no one wants me to change my mind, why list the sins of Sami? We like who we like, I like Sami. I have been watching her for 16 years now, and have always had this hope for her to overcome. Maybe I like underdogs.

As to why an elevator is different, it just has a slimy feel to it, I mean I use elevators daily, and I do not want to be stepping on bodily fluids or leaning up against them, or getting my hands on them if I use the railing. Sorry for the graphic nature of this, but it is what I thought when I saw Ejole and Chucas going at it. I knew what Sami meant when she said "IN AN ELEVATOR???"

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 22 2010, 01:52 AM
cassie1013
Feb 22 2010, 01:22 AM
☼ Jinx ☼
Feb 21 2010, 05:45 PM
Arianna and Chloe's new friendship has been very interesting for me, personally. At this point, I actually do feel very sympathetic for Chloe, her situation this past week has completely sucked. I still don't really get the science behind her false pregnancy.

I'm loving what EJ is up to this week as well. Watching the plot play out, I feel Sami definitely deserves this, I just hope the kidnapping (EJ taking Johnny) story doesn't last forever.
Here's a solution: Science and DAYS should never be used in the same sentence.

I wonder what actual scientists think of the bullshit on DAYS - LOL
Actually, the show did pretty well with the medical stuff this week. It's actually been doing better with that since Hogan/Ed Scott. Sure, they still take liberties but they use medical terms and do a better job getting it right overall.

The way Daniel explained Chloe's hysterical pregnancy was pretty good and it seems to actually be in line with what it really is so good for them LOL.
Yes, I thought they did very well with it too. In fact, I was hoping they wouldn't do the hysterical pregnancy thing and it would be a tumor only because they did that with Carrie a few years ago. However, I'm pleasantly surprised that this seems to be much more interesting. Danloe really don't know each other very well and Dan while meaning well shouldn't have made the appointment with the shrink on his own. I can totally see Chloe being insulted that her BF thinks she's crazy (and see it tying in to her ghoul girl days) when she already feels stupid on top of mourning her loss. Can't wait to see where they go with this.
Edited by Halloween Family, Feb 22 2010, 11:31 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 11:29 AM
As some of you do with the escapades and also the murderous nature of Nicole, I turn a blind eye to a lot of what Sami has done, or remember a lot of it happened while she was a teenager.

I suppose if we took a ledger and tried to list all the DR and CR sides of all of these women, only Chloe would approach sainthood, but then, what would be the point of a soap. As I have said, villains and villainess'es serve a purpose. I do not root for them, even with Sami, I always was on the edge of my seat as I knew what she did was going to bite her back, and it did. I do not like people getting away with stuff since it makes the villainy not have any impact.

I like Sami. We all look at situations differently, I heard people calling Sami a slut for the sex with Lucas while married to EJ, but as was stated, it was a marriage that was deserving of being shown for how false it was.

Just wondering, if no one wants me to change my mind, why list the sins of Sami? We like who we like, I like Sami. I have been watching her for 16 years now, and have always had this hope for her to overcome. Maybe I like underdogs.

As to why an elevator is different, it just has a slimy feel to it, I mean I use elevators daily, and I do not want to be stepping on bodily fluids or leaning up against them, or getting my hands on them if I use the railing. Sorry for the graphic nature of this, but it is what I thought when I saw Ejole and Chucas going at it. I knew what Sami meant when she said "IN AN ELEVATOR???"

I don't overlook the things Nicole did. I just find her enjoyable. I find her enjoyable while she's doing those things, lol.
Why list Sami's sins? Well, because you listed reasons you didn't like other characters and those same things applied to Sami. That's the only reason. But I was never talking about liking a character. I was talking about being friends with them. I love Nicole's character, but I don't think I'd be friends with someone like her. That's what I was trying to get at before.
And again...I still don't see the difference with the elevator. Many of the other places people have had sex on the show are places people use daily.
Edited by lysie, Feb 22 2010, 11:39 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

People have sex in hotels and yet other people sleep on those mattresses and linens all the time. Sami used to screw Lucas on their sofa all the time knowing other guests would sit on it. I just don't see having sex in an elevator being all that beyond the pale in either Salem or real life terms. The fact is I generally have no idea whether people have had sex on or in public spaces and items that I may use.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

EW, you are right! The hotels don't even bother washing the comforters most of the time and I can only imagine what people do on them.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Feb 22 2010, 11:51 AM
EW, you are right! The hotels don't even bother washing the comforters most of the time and I can only imagine what people do on them.
LOL, I know. It doesn't bear thinking about too closely, especially when I'm in Vegas--I just don't. want. to. know. I have a friend who takes her own sheets and pillows whenever she stays in hotels, and of course Lysol and alcohol to rub everything down, and shower shoes, and . . . . It's exhausting for me to even think about. I feel like I have enough things to worry about without adding how to prevent getting sick from unsanitary hotel rooms. Maybe it's good for my immune system.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Right now, this is a "new" Sami so she could potentially have a friend. I would expect it to be clunky as she really doensn't know how to be a friend to another woman. She's new at it, I could see her making plans with a friend only to break them when Rafe comes along.

I enjoyed the budding friendship that Nicole and Sami had until they ruined it by making it so phoney. I don't enjoy NIcole and Chloe AT ALL because Chloe's moral code and nicole's doesn't sync up, one of the reasons why I bought Sole. I guess they could sell that frienship more if they played up the fact that Chloe is lonely when it comes to the girls dept and maybe a little desperate as a residual from her ghoul girl days and/or that other women are threatened by her beauty.

Livie

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:

People have sex in hotels and yet other people sleep on those mattresses and linens all the time. Sami used to screw Lucas on their sofa all the time knowing other guests would sit on it. I just don't see having sex in an elevator being all that beyond the pale in either Salem or real life terms. The fact is I generally have no idea whether people have had sex on or in public spaces and items that I may use.
Linens are changed. I know you have no idea if people have had sex in public places you use, but now in elevators I tend to stand in the middle after looking down to see if any stains are visible.

Thanks EJ and Nicole, Lucas and Chloe :ermmmm:

On cruise ships the comforters are changed out when guests disembark.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 11:59 AM
but now in elevators I tend to stand in the middle after looking down to see if any stains are visible.

Thanks EJ and Nicole, Lucas and Chloe :ermmmm:

On cruise ships the comforters are changed out when guests disembark.
LMAO! Who says Days isn't educational?

Paxton
Member Avatar

I know linens are changed. You're still sleeping on linens strangers have had sex on, very probably, even though they've been washed.

But, I think I'm done discussing the topic of which public places and/or furniture it's grosser to have sex on, since it seems largely to depend on who one likes and who one doesn't. As is true of so many things on this show.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 11:56 AM
Halloween Family
Feb 22 2010, 11:51 AM
LOL, I know. It doesn't bear thinking about too closely, especially when I'm in Vegas--I just don't. want. to. know. I have a friend who takes her own sheets and pillows whenever she stays in hotels, and of course Lysol and alcohol to rub everything down, and shower shoes, and . . . . It's exhausting for me to even think about. I feel like I have enough things to worry about without adding how to prevent getting sick from unsanitary hotel rooms. Maybe it's good for my immune system.
This is what I like to think. Says the girl who is currently typing this while holding a community pen in her mouth. But I don't get sick often!

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 12:05 PM
I know linens are changed. You're still sleeping on linens strangers have had sex on, very probably, even though they've been washed.

But, I think I'm done discussing the topic of which public places and/or furniture it's grosser to have sex on, since it seems largely to depend on who one likes and who one doesn't. As is true of so many things on this show.
That's what I think, too. Though I didn't like either elevator couple, and I still didn't see what the big deal was. Of course my favorite couple had sex on anything that would hold them up, so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to complain!

six
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 21 2010, 11:45 PM
Holy shit! I just watched the Bollywood clip and WTF!
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Actually, IIRC, there wasn't any story behind it at all. They just did it randomly, then went on acting like it never happened. I think it was someone's crazy fantasy.

I'm gonna weigh in on saying having sex in any kind of public place not meant for it is gross, no matter who you are. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it seems like a good rule of thumb, imo to show a little self control.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Feb 22 2010, 12:27 PM
Alligato
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Actually, IIRC, there wasn't any story behind it at all. They just did it randomly, then went on acting like it never happened. I think it was someone's crazy fantasy.

I'm gonna weigh in on saying having sex in any kind of public place not meant for it is gross, no matter who you are. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it seems like a good rule of thumb, imo to show a little self control.
I will amend (or really add to) my previous thoughts and say that I would prefer this (for other people...) in real life...but on a soap, have sex wherever. The bed gets boring and a little groundhogs dayish, especially when they're all using the same sheets anyway.

Wasn't the Bollywood stuff kind of like the Film Noir stuff?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

This topic just blew up! LOL

I wouldnt want any of these CHARACTERS as friends in real LIFE! Sami would be asking me to take care of her litter all the time...NO FUCKIN WAY! (And Nicole would always be asking me for money!)LOL
Edited by Liz<3Days, Feb 22 2010, 12:46 PM.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 12:43 PM
six
Alligato

I will amend (or really add to) my previous thoughts and say that I would prefer this (for other people...) in real life...but on a soap, have sex wherever. The bed gets boring and a little groundhogs dayish, especially when they're all using the same sheets anyway.

LOL, IDK why but it even seems sketchy for me in soap people. The Salemites can murder, cheat on, blackmail people with abandon, but for God's sake, keep the sex within the confines of your own home/car/hotel room. :shrug: :laugh:

As for knowing these people, the only person from Days I'd be friendly with would've been Alice. They're fun to watch, but I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with their real life counterparts.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Feb 22 2010, 12:59 PM
lysie
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

LOL, IDK why but it even seems sketchy for me in soap people. The Salemites can murder, cheat on, blackmail people with abandon, but for God's sake, keep the sex within the confines of your own home/car/hotel room. :shrug: :laugh:

As for knowing these people, the only person from Days I'd be friendly with would've been Alice. They're fun to watch, but I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with their real life counterparts.
Sami reminds me of this patient I used to take care of that drove me up the fucking walls, she had borderline personality disorder. Difficult.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
lysie
six

Every response I've come up with makes me sound like a total perv :laugh: . What's funny is that couldn't be further from the truth. I have no explanation!

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 01:12 PM
six
lysie

Every response I've come up with makes me sound like a total perv :laugh: . What's funny is that couldn't be further from the truth. I have no explanation!
:laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply