Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (13,319 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Feb 14 2010, 03:14 AM
When was the last time St. Luke's church was used? I really hate that we have weddings & funerals in living rooms.
I don't mind certain weddings not happening in a church. Stefano and Kate's was one I could see at Chez Rouge or the Mansion. Same with Philip and Melanie.

I actually didn't like Nicole and EJ's wedding at St. Luke's. Certain characters just aren't suited for church weddings. Now, if Sami and Rafe got married then it would have to be a church wedding. It all depends on the characters/couple.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 13 2010, 07:45 PM
Paxton
Feb 13 2010, 07:25 PM
Okay, I was on a show break during the Phelle wedding so that was the first time I had seen it. Where was Marlena? Where was Victor? Why was John hurt? Why did Sami have MegaBitchFace on throughout? And *sniff* Alice--and Celeste, too (miss her). Who was the man sitting with Jennifer? And now that I think of it, I saw Hope but I don't remember seeing Bo. What was going on?
Marlena and Victor were along with Roman, Caroline, Jack and Cassie held captive by Andre DiMera in a castle in Europe. John was injured during a fight with Andre a couple of months earlier. The man sitting with Jennifer was Patrick Lockhart, Mimi's brother.
And Sami was pissed because Belle stole her wedding day and John gave Marlena's pearls to Belle when they were supposed to go to Sami.

cassie1013

Can't wait for this week! I'm still really into the show. I know there are faults, and I see them - but as an overall package, I'm enjoying most of the stories. I hope there's a bit of a break from the Sydnapping, though (last week's 2 eps was nice, to put it lightly).

And random, but I can't get over how freakin' hot Lauren Koslow looked at the Phelanie wedding - would love to keep her "dr.'s" number on file for 30 years down the road. Seriously, she looked GOOD! Better than teeny bopper Melanie - who's idea was it to buy a $60 wedding dress? Looks like a swim suit cover-up, yikes.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Feb 14 2010, 04:58 PM
Sindacco
Paxton
Feb 13 2010, 07:25 PM
Okay, I was on a show break during the Phelle wedding so that was the first time I had seen it. Where was Marlena? Where was Victor? Why was John hurt? Why did Sami have MegaBitchFace on throughout? And *sniff* Alice--and Celeste, too (miss her). Who was the man sitting with Jennifer? And now that I think of it, I saw Hope but I don't remember seeing Bo. What was going on?
Marlena and Victor were along with Roman, Caroline, Jack and Cassie held captive by Andre DiMera in a castle in Europe. John was injured during a fight with Andre a couple of months earlier. The man sitting with Jennifer was Patrick Lockhart, Mimi's brother.
And Sami was pissed because Belle stole her wedding day and John gave Marlena's pearls to Belle when they were supposed to go to Sami.
So in other words, Sami was being childish per the usual. Why did it take me so long to start hating this character?

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 11:23 AM
lysie
Feb 14 2010, 04:58 PM
Sindacco

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
So in other words, Sami was being childish per the usual. Why did it take me so long to start hating this character?
You know....she was being childish, but it was kind of hard to blame her in that instance. She already had her wedding planned, then Belle got engaged (months later) and planned her wedding on the same day and everyone insisted she change. Of course, Belle planned it for that day because Philip had been deployed, and that's when they could do it. The necklace thing was a mistake and John felt horrible, but it was supposed to be hers and supposedly John and Belle should have known. If she hadn't reacted the way she did, though, people might have actually listened to her.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Who was Sami even supposed to be marrying at the time? Lucas? Why couldn't they have had a double wedding? Plenty of people have done that. I can understand being somewhat upset about the necklace, but OTOH I hate it when families let petty things like personal property seem so important.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 11:38 AM
Who was Sami even supposed to be marrying at the time? Lucas? Why couldn't they have had a double wedding? Plenty of people have done that. I can understand being somewhat upset about the necklace, but OTOH I hate it when families let petty things like personal property seem so important.
Lucas. I don't remember if they even discussed a double wedding, but sharing attention isn't Sami's thing, lol. It's not really Belle's thing either.
The thing with the necklace that, IMO, made it just sad was that Sami didn't have either parent at the time. It's not like the necklace was going to make up for that, but I think Roman had given those pearls to Marlena, and that's why Sami was supposed to get them. That might be wrong, though. But Belle literally just planned her wedding on top of Sami's without regard for her at all.
Edited by lysie, Feb 16 2010, 11:43 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I never could stand Belle so I'm not here to defend her, but this is just a classic example of a stupid soap dilemma that should never be a problem IRL to anyone. There is a solution here--find it. Give Sami the freaking pearls, apologize for the misunderstanding, then have Sami say hey, her fiance isn't the one being deployed so she can move her wedding date OR have a double wedding. But then people couldn't go around with time-wasting, pointless hurt feelings, I guess.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 11:49 AM
I never could stand Belle so I'm not here to defend her, but this is just a classic example of a stupid soap dilemma that should never be a problem IRL to anyone. There is a solution here--find it. Give Sami the freaking pearls, apologize for the misunderstanding, then have Sami say hey, her fiance isn't the one being deployed so she can move her wedding date OR have a double wedding. But then people couldn't go around with time-wasting, pointless hurt feelings, I guess.
IIRC, Sami's annulment hadn't even gone through to Brandon, so she couldn't have gotten married then anyway. Everyone in that situation was completely irrational.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

That Maggie and Victor scene was so nice and unexpected.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Did anyone watch today's show? This is very weird, the thread is usally 6 pages by now. LOL

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually didn't. Due to the Olympics, DAYS comes on at 2 in my area. But that's OLTL's tiemslot, so... :lol:

Keith
Member Avatar

I watched the last half hour. I missed the Maggie/Victor scene you mentioned, youtubed it, and loved it!

Bo/Hope in the hospital was nice, but just okay

Nice to see Kate backing off of Vivian for fear of alienating Philip.

The Vivian/Melanie/Carly scenes were pretty good.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Keith
Feb 16 2010, 04:38 PM
I watched the last half hour. I missed the Maggie/Victor scene you mentioned, youtubed it, and loved it!
Link please.
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 16 2010, 04:40 PM
Keith
Link please.

Victor and Maggie starts at 1:54

peaches179

Keith
I missed the Maggie/Victor scene you mentioned, youtubed it, and loved it!

That was the best part of the show for me. :)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

The best part of the show for me was EJ telling Sami how Starfish has ruined everything. LOL I love it when EJ is all hot and bothered. His line about Sami thinking how she ISN'T holding her daughter while the FBI dud is holding her was great!

I don't get why Melanie stepped in front of Viv when Carly was weilding the gun. Vivian had made it plain she intended to throw Melanie over the side. But whatever.

I do wish we had longer scenes with Sydney. I love watching the Sinnema twins.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Maggie and Victor's scene was wonderfully thoughtful and sweet. It was the best part of the show.

Mel's shooting left me tasting Vermont cheddar.

Anna is EJ's enabler. She is better than that.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

Wasn't impressed by today show...I wanted more out of Philip but I guess his love for his wife wasn't like he loved his other females.
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Feb 16 2010, 06:26 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It was a fantastic episode today. I just don't have the time to comment but will later.

Ok, I will say that CC was fantastic today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply