Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (15,411 Views)
Livie

Carly was great, she did look kind of whacko crazy.

The look in EJ's eye at the end of scene with Sami, creepy.. he is now reminding me of Jack Nicholson in the Shining. When is the slobber gonna be pooling on the side of his mouth?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

Paxton
Feb 13 2010, 07:25 PM
Okay, I was on a show break during the Phelle wedding so that was the first time I had seen it. Where was Marlena? Where was Victor? Why was John hurt? Why did Sami have MegaBitchFace on throughout? And *sniff* Alice--and Celeste, too (miss her). Who was the man sitting with Jennifer? And now that I think of it, I saw Hope but I don't remember seeing Bo. What was going on?

Even though you can clearly already see the downscaling in production values from weddings past, this still looked a lot better than any of the weddings over the last few years. I'm not one to cry over spilt milk or yearn for the good old days but the weddings is the one area where I really still want to see a splash.

Lastly, though I had no real problem with Belle's dress, it reminded me that I really liked her dress for her wedding to Shawn. I wouldn't have thought I would have if I had just seen it on the hanger, but it looked nice on Martha.
What I remember of Sami was she was ticked about some pearls that were to be given to her by Marlena and John gave them to Belle. Also I think Belle took dibs on a date for the wedding that Sami wanted for her and Lucas. I looked at clip but did not see the pearls and do not remember if it was a necklace or earrings.

Which answers the Marlena question, she was presumed dead or missing on Melaswan, and Sami went to ask John for the pearls. The pearls were supposed to go to Sami, John did not know or care, so he had given them to Belle, but offered to buy Sami another set. That was not the same.

If not right, I am sure I will be corrected!
Edited by Livie, Feb 17 2010, 07:20 PM.

Livie

Chloe was heartbreaking in her scenes. Awesome job.

Livie

Writers are going blinky all over. Just heard EJ say SAMI made him mourn a child that was not his, like she did it on purpose?

The writers have carried this on so long they are forgetting what was what.

Livie

Keith
Feb 18 2010, 02:51 PM
I actually was impressed by Ali at points today. Particularly when she wasn't simply wimpy, but was actually shaking with sobs. It felt like she really felt gut punched. I, too, find her face scrunched distracting, but today she was a bit above her norm.

I like that Anna acknowledged why she's having difficulty with EJ's next plan phase. Kind of makes me miss Carrie.

Bryan Dattilo has been my favorite part of the show these past few weeks. Such a pity.

I loved Victor/Kate today. Lauren and John were both fierce. Jay also brought it all episode long...but he still needs to cut his damned hair.
I definitely felt her performance all the way. This was not a quiet acceptance of death like came with Grace, when it was at least peaceful. This is the way a mother who wants to hang on to the smallest hope, and is not going to let it be taken no matter how she has to protest against it.

The deep sobs from the gut when something like this has been taken from you but you must find a way to hang on to something is what I saw in her performance.

Bravo Ali.

Livie

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 09:22 AM
Alligato
Feb 21 2010, 11:45 PM
Holy shit! I just watched the Bollywood clip and WTF!
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Never watched much Passions except for the witch and the bubble thought baby. That was just one crazy ass show!

I like Arianna, except for when she has the Nicole hate...which is a shame because I think she and Nicole would be hilarious. They like to show Nicole and Chloe hanging out and having fun, and they like to show Chloe and Arianna being friends, and Stephanie and Arianna laughing and goofying off....
...why don't they have Sami hanging out with any friends or laughing or goofying off and having a good time with other girls. It's like she can't exist as a girl, just as a girlfriend and it is a disservice to her character.
She's too catty, jealous, and competitive to have girlfriends. Her relationship with Belle used to fill that void occasionally, but overall Sami's just not a likable person.
I know that is your opinion, but many times I have seen people go off on Sami (Arianna) even before they meet her. Barf, we did see Sami in a friendship situation, with Nicole, and while it was sincere on her part, it was a ruse for Nicole.

I definitely could be friends with Sami, she has a wicked sense of humor, and usually a shrewd sense of people until this set of writers got hold of her.

The Chloe-Nicole friendship was always just weird. Yes, you always pick a BFF who has inserted bacteria into your surgical field in order to make you ugly so you can steal her boyfriend.
Edited by Livie, Feb 22 2010, 10:03 AM.

Livie

How do you know you could not be friends with her is the obvious back track question. I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

Sami now, is not sizing people up at all. She is taking them at face value, which is why she is going to be swallowing EJ's bilious lies.

As to why I could be friends with Sami, I like people with wicked senses of humour, ones who have a fierce sense of loyalty, she is nice looking without being so aware of her looks (ala Chloe or Nicole) that it overshadows the rest of her personality. She has a history of growing up in the Pub surroundings which I find interesting, matches a lot of my life, I grew up in the family business as well.

Lot of reasons, mainly, I just like her.

Lucas and her were a mutually abusive friendship. He did as much to her as she to him, more if you count the death row thing.

Sami has been written since Hogan to be a changed person. However, her shrewdness was enough to size up Nicole when she first came back.

Livie

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:

I would not use Nicole or Chloe as a shining example of models of women I would want to befriend either. They have a tendency to either gold dig or go after married men.

When did Chloe gold dig or go after a married man? Her love interests have been Philip, Brady, Lucas (completely implausibly) and Daniel. None of those men were married when she was involved with them. Her interest in Philip and Brady was never to my knowledge presented as her being about their family money. Lucas wasn't wealthy to our knowledge. Daniel is undoubtedly reasonably well paid as a physician who seems to have mastered all specialties but I wouldn't call that golddigging.
Ok, Chloe is a shining example of womanhood, but my friends draw the line at having sex in an elevator. Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that. I may have missed the dead eye mark on CHLOE, but she is now friends with the woman who fits all of those categories, and it never seemed real or genuine to me, just weird.

Again, I like Sami, and changing my mind on that is going to take more than anyone on this board can dish to me :laugh: It takes a lot to turn me off on a character I like, after all, it took me four years to finally say EJ needs to be buried alive.

Livie

As some of you do with the escapades and also the murderous nature of Nicole, I turn a blind eye to a lot of what Sami has done, or remember a lot of it happened while she was a teenager.

I suppose if we took a ledger and tried to list all the DR and CR sides of all of these women, only Chloe would approach sainthood, but then, what would be the point of a soap. As I have said, villains and villainess'es serve a purpose. I do not root for them, even with Sami, I always was on the edge of my seat as I knew what she did was going to bite her back, and it did. I do not like people getting away with stuff since it makes the villainy not have any impact.

I like Sami. We all look at situations differently, I heard people calling Sami a slut for the sex with Lucas while married to EJ, but as was stated, it was a marriage that was deserving of being shown for how false it was.

Just wondering, if no one wants me to change my mind, why list the sins of Sami? We like who we like, I like Sami. I have been watching her for 16 years now, and have always had this hope for her to overcome. Maybe I like underdogs.

As to why an elevator is different, it just has a slimy feel to it, I mean I use elevators daily, and I do not want to be stepping on bodily fluids or leaning up against them, or getting my hands on them if I use the railing. Sorry for the graphic nature of this, but it is what I thought when I saw Ejole and Chucas going at it. I knew what Sami meant when she said "IN AN ELEVATOR???"

Livie

Paxton
Feb 22 2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:

As to why an elevator is different, it just has a slimy feel to it, I mean I use elevators daily, and I do not want to be stepping on bodily fluids or leaning up against them, or getting my hands on them if I use the railing. Sorry for the graphic nature of this, but it is what I thought when I saw Ejole and Chucas going at it. I knew what Sami meant when she said "IN AN ELEVATOR???"

People have sex in hotels and yet other people sleep on those mattresses and linens all the time. Sami used to screw Lucas on their sofa all the time knowing other guests would sit on it. I just don't see having sex in an elevator being all that beyond the pale in either Salem or real life terms. The fact is I generally have no idea whether people have had sex on or in public spaces and items that I may use.
Linens are changed. I know you have no idea if people have had sex in public places you use, but now in elevators I tend to stand in the middle after looking down to see if any stains are visible.

Thanks EJ and Nicole, Lucas and Chloe :ermmmm:

On cruise ships the comforters are changed out when guests disembark.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply