Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/15 - 2/19
Topic Started: Feb 13 2010, 06:11 PM (15,426 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Rhi
Feb 16 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure if the local NBC affiliate here will even be showing today's Days. They had Mardi Gras coverage all day and then they'll have the Olympics tonight and into the early morning hours. I don't even see it listed on their schedule online for today. I guess I could make a long distance call to ask because I'll probably still be watching the Olympics when SN shows Days.... :blink:
Rhi - we had Mardi Gras coverage and the Olympics too and no plans to air it at 2am like the other affiliates did with their soaps. I am trying to ytube it the best I can.

Want to add in that I have enjoyed Lindsay Heartly also during the wedding story. She brings a certain naturalness, and I enjoyed how she threw in that prison story in there. I doubt that was scripted, but it was like she was mocking the stupidity that Miss Priss ever stepped foot in the pen.
Hopefully now that the drug shit is done, we can see a really fun character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 18 2010, 06:37 AM
Late to the ballgame (since my local afflilate airs Days at 2, they show it much later due to the Olympics:)
It was a great episode. JKJ-now THAT is acting! (Yes, the hair needs to go).
I really felt for Chloe today, because I can understand wanting a pregnancy that badly. This is one of the rare moments I've seen her when she wasn't robotic. Very well done.
Was it Paxon who mentioned this thought earlier? I can now see the uproar about CC. She really brought it. And, I am really warming to Arianna, too. Such a sweet girl.
My heavens, did EJ look about ready to jump off the deep end with his expressions? I'm really interested to see where this will all lead after the probable
Spoiler: click to toggle
. Because it can't just end there. (Did I say that? Wishing no end to the Continuing Sydney saga? Well, it can't end there.)
Scott brought it, too.
SOMETHING inspired a lot of those actors today. I don't know what was in the water, but they need to add more of it.
I've been late to the party too because of Mardi Gras and Olympics, but I would like to agree with your entire post.
JKJ was great, as was Chloe's fake pregnancy! Real tears! OMG! Can Nadia actually beat out AS in the acting department? LOL!?
CC was fantastic and believable, and liking me some Arianna alot!

I couldn't wait to see this hot EJ throwing clothes in the water, and even though it was a short scene, I didn't see the big hotness. I will say that the emotions were there for him, this bitter angry, jealous rage works for EJ. Great job!
If I didn't read the spoilers, I would have no clue where any of the Sydnapping is going...hell, I am reading the spoils and still don't know what is going on, but this is an interesting "twist" and look forward to what happens next.

Great show! For some reason, after a few weeks of mess, everything kind of pulled together a bit for some movement.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Feb 20 2010, 12:04 AM
KA looked so unhealthy today. The lack of weight really showed on her face in the hospital scenes.

Why does Stephanie still have that note? That thing would have been long gone if she were me.

I think Carly and Dan have chemistry. The scenes outside Melanie's door were pretty good.

Finally watched Thursday and Friday.
I thought the same thing with I saw KA in the hospital bed. Face was sunken, hair was crap. She looked like she was having the chemo storyline. Not a good look for her.

If I were Stephanie, I would have trashed that note too. Steph is trying so damn hard and the whole Sathan thing is just ringing fake. Steph is hot, she shouldn't have to be making herself into some fantasy for Nathan. Not liking them so much.
But I hate Melanie in the love scene. She doesn't know how to pull off sexy and sultry. Don't like the way she kisses her main men either. Havne't yet watched any scene with her and though it was hot...and maybe that is because I see her as a teen.

Also annoys me how everyone is just kissing her ass. Brady fawning, Dan fawning, Phillip fawning, and soon to be Nathan fawning. Geez!
Think Dan and Carly have some good chemsitry too...although Chloe/NB was excellent this week. I was just floored with the improvement in NB, and CC sold me everytime on all of her emotions.

And I kept laughing at how everyone insisted that Phillip go home and take a shower. I think the cast doesn't like his greasy stringy hair either.

I thought AS pulled off the crying scenes okay. FFed through her yelling scenes. When she called Lucas on the phone, I almost teared up with her. Loved the Lumi scene...very sweet and a really nice nod to their history. Hate that Lucas is gone.

And when they cut to EJ comforting Sami and he has that smug, shit eating expression, I feel bad for Sami and Rafe. Damn you, EJ! The man has truly lost his everloving mind. How he can come back from all of this, I'll never know.

Out of all of the storylines, even the Melanie craziness, I hate the Sydnapping the most. JS's hand expressions drive me bonkers. Just want to hold his hands down. I agree that Nicole will be the one to save this story.

Excellent end to the week!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy shit! I just watched the Bollywood clip and WTF!
I am sure there is much story behind all of it, but that clip was total mouth gaping WTF!

Never watched much Passions except for the witch and the bubble thought baby. That was just one crazy ass show!

I like Arianna, except for when she has the Nicole hate...which is a shame because I think she and Nicole would be hilarious. They like to show Nicole and Chloe hanging out and having fun, and they like to show Chloe and Arianna being friends, and Stephanie and Arianna laughing and goofying off....
...why don't they have Sami hanging out with any friends or laughing or goofying off and having a good time with other girls. It's like she can't exist as a girl, just as a girlfriend and it is a disservice to her character.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Nicole and Chloe were weird, but they both seemed like outcasts. When Chloe returned, she was the town pariah for getting Brady hooked on drugs (so fucking stupid). Even Sami trashed Chloe when she first came back. Nicole was always treated like an outcast, so the fact that they became friends was silly considering their past, at least they mentioned it and seemed to have moved on.

Nicole and Sami was nice, but it wasn't because they were friends, it was because of the kids. Sami didn't like Nicole until Nicole did something for her with Johnny. The only reason Sami helped out Nicole was because Nicole helped Sami, and maybe because Sami took pity on Nicole about EJ.

I think it would be a nice change for the Sami character to have her grab coffee with a girl and be friends. Heck, I'd even take Ross as her friend, but someone she can be silly with. Arianna and Sami would be nice. It personalizes them.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I never realized how much I liked Lucas and Sami as friends until I realize that we will never see Lucas and Sami as friends again. Sigh.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know Nicole married men for money, but did she ever go after a married man? I missed a couple of years of her history.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Livie
Feb 22 2010, 11:04 AM
Or having sex with another man while engaged to a different one. Maybe it is just my judgmental nature, but I don't like that. I may have missed the dead eye mark on CHLOE, but she is now friends with the woman who fits all of those categories, and it never seemed real or genuine to me, just weird.

Again, I like Sami, and changing my mind on that is going to take more than anyone on this board can dish to me :laugh: It takes a lot to turn me off on a character I like, after all, it took me four years to finally say EJ needs to be buried alive.
Technically, Sam had sex with Lucas while married to EJ...granted, it was the fakest of fake marriages that she was forced into, but some view it as the epitome of their love. :)
Just sayin. ;) Not trying to change your mind, just realizing that Sami, Nicole and Chloe have all been semi-evil bitches, with Sami leading the pack. I don't know if I would want to be friends with any of them...I'd have trust issues. LOL.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2010, 11:12 AM
Alligato
Feb 22 2010, 11:08 AM
I know Nicole married men for money, but did she ever go after a married man? I missed a couple of years of her history.
Well, technically EJ was married to Sami. And Victor was semi-married to Kate.
Not sure about Victor, but EJ had the marriage annulled but didn't tell Sami, then he and Nicole got busy. However, Nicole was still married to Victor when she put the moves on EJ, which wasn't a marriage because she was still married to Trent. So technically, Nicole cheated on Trent when she was with her bevy of men on Days...until EJ. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply