Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jessica Tuck joins Days as Chad's mother
Topic Started: Feb 16 2010, 03:36 PM (3,528 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

OLTL Vet to DAYS
Soap Opera Digest has learned that Jessica Tuck, best known to daytime audiences for her portrayal of OLTL's Megan, has been cast as Chad's (Casey Jon Deidrick) mother. She will first air April 7.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

They should bring Lisa Trusel back instead. At least have her make sporadic appearances that fit in with her schedule.

I don't see the point of casting Chad's mother, as much as I do like Chad and LOVE Jessica Tuck.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

I just can't picture her married to Joe Isuzu :shrug:

lysie
Member Avatar

I forgot he was still on the show, lol. I wonder why he needs a mother.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Wow! I LOVE her! I hope that use her for more than being stuck in a teen storyline! She's to talented for that. She was AMAZING on OLTL! The Megan/Viki/Jake storyline was heartbreaking! Kudos Days!

Thanks Ellie! :)

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Fantastic!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

KMan101
Feb 16 2010, 03:40 PM
They should bring Lisa Trusel back instead. At least have her make sporadic appearances that fit in with her schedule.

I thought I read Lisa was returning for a few episodes. :shrug:
Edited by Eric83, Feb 16 2010, 03:48 PM.

six
Member Avatar

If I listed the top ten characters this show is missing, Chad's mom wouldn't make the list. Hopefully the character will add something to the show, though.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great actress, not sure the character is needed though. This might just be a recurring role.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Jessica Tuck is amazing! Great casting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kind of random, but okay. I like Chad. I'm not much of a fan of his father. Hopefully, his mother will be better.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I have no opinion as to the actress but I don't understand why we need Chad's mother, even for a one-day appearance.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Holy fuck balls. What great casting. Of course, just like Gordon Thompson, it's for a thankless and useless role. Idiots.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

FINALLY!

Given Chad has no ties to the canvas, the only other option is to give him some family. Hopefully, we see her more then we see his dad although I would like to see his dad more too. It helps establish the character. If he is going to be on the canvas, this is needed IMO.

I LOVE Jessica Tuck so I'm looking forward to this. I bet it will be recurring though. I can't see it being contract.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

This better not interfer with her small recurring role on True Blood! ;-)

aimees76
Member Avatar

Son of a bitch. Cuz yeah, we need to expand the canvas more with families no one gives a shit about while shoving those we do care about to the outskirts of town, never to be heard from again. No offense to Jessica Tuck, who I LOVE (Megan dying absolutely DESTROYED me!), but seriously, I hate this fucking show, Gary fucking Tomlin, and all the Fucktards that be.

/rant.

*hangs head in shame* Sorry 'bout that.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Great casting! However, I don't see this being more than a few appearances. I agree with Amello it will be similar to the stint for Gordon Thomson.

Days must have a story planned for the teens in April. I remember seeing on Chandler Massey's Twitter that April 7th was a big day for the character of Will.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Feb 16 2010, 04:20 PM
Great casting! However, I don't see this being more than a few appearances. I agree with Amello it will be similar to the stint for Gordon Thomson.

Days must have a story planned for the teens in April. I remember seeing on Chandler Massey's Twitter that April 7th was a big day for the character of Will.

I figured April may be when we start seeing some setup for an actual teen story. Now that Will has been recasted and Gabi has been brought on the show can now go ahead with an actual teen story. They didn't really have the elements in place last summer (that and TS got sick and the teens got reduced airtime compared to what they would normally get in the summer). They still don't have all the elements in place but they have time between now and June. Judging by what we already know and now bringing Chad's mother on, it seems they are really going to start developing the teens FINALLY. Hopefully, what we get is interesting.

I think Tuck will get the Thomson treatment too but I could see her making appearances every now and then beyond like a month-long stint like Chad's father, the DA, does.

peaches179

Nubia
Feb 16 2010, 04:16 PM
This better not interfer with her small recurring role on True Blood! ;-)

LOL!

sungrey

Even if the role itself turns out to be a throwaway, it's still SWEET casting! Good job, Days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply