Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jessica Tuck joins Days as Chad's mother
Topic Started: Feb 16 2010, 03:36 PM (3,527 Views)
pspcindy
Member Avatar

Nubia
Feb 16 2010, 04:16 PM
This better not interfer with her small recurring role on True Blood! ;-)
Oh I agree! She is a great P.R. rep for the vamps!!!!

Hopefully this means more of a storyline for Chad. JT will really help CD build his skills.

I could think of much worse characters to cast.

thanks for posting!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

soapfan1

aimees76
Feb 16 2010, 04:17 PM
Son of a bitch. Cuz yeah, we need to expand the canvas more with families no one gives a shit about while shoving those we do care about to the outskirts of town, never to be heard from again. No offense to Jessica Tuck, who I LOVE (Megan dying absolutely DESTROYED me!), but seriously, I hate this fucking show, Gary fucking Tomlin, and all the Fucktards that be.

/rant.

*hangs head in shame* Sorry 'bout that.
I totally agree.I hate the decisions that this regime are making.Tomlin has been so calculating.With each established character he gets rid of,he replaces them with a newbie nobody cares about and turns Days into a totally new show that is unrecognizable.

Kenny
Member Avatar

It's Nan Flanagan from True Blood!

Unfortunately, this role is as unnecessary as Chad himself.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kenny
Feb 16 2010, 05:43 PM

Yep! Casey Deidrick is being wasted, he should leave DAYS.

jane1978

EricV
Feb 16 2010, 05:48 PM
Kenny

I think itīs interesting they need his mum when he already has father. I doubt they are expanding his parents into more permanent roles, but I could see some backstory developing for Chad. Itīs not hard to imagine his mum had some affair years ago and the real father is not John Isuzu but some more promiment member of Salem. I always thought Chad is the new Phillip in this teen generation so it makes perfect sense to make him either Kiriakis or DiMera. Wouldnīt it be funny if Chad turned to be EJīs son?

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Holy crap batman, this is awesome casting! WTF....why for such an obvious short term insignificant role?

Eric83
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 16 2010, 06:07 PM
EricV
Kenny

I think itīs interesting they need his mum when he already has father. I doubt they are expanding his parents into more permanent roles, but I could see some backstory developing for Chad. Itīs not hard to imagine his mum had some affair years ago and the real father is not John Isuzu but some more promiment member of Salem. I always thought Chad is the new Phillip in this teen generation so it makes perfect sense to make him either Kiriakis or DiMera. Wouldnīt it be funny if Chad turned to be EJīs son?
Pass on him being EJ's son, I really don't want him lied to anymore and going after revenge after all of this baby BS.

Now, I would be okay with him being Victor's, or maybe even Roman's or something. Josh Taylor NEEDS to do something, or he needs to leave.
Edited by Eric83, Feb 16 2010, 06:12 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

EricV
Feb 16 2010, 06:11 PM
Josh Taylor NEEDS to do something, or he needs to leave.
No, he just needs to leave, LoL.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 16 2010, 06:12 PM
EricV
:laugh: :laugh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
EricV
Kenny

I would love for them to reveal Chad is someone else's son. I think that would help. Hell, maybe say that Justin had an affair and that is what drove him and Adrienne apart (we've never really heard what has) and that makes him a Kiriakis.

I also have to love people complaining about how unnecessary Chad is and how he is being wasted when this Fall he was the one teen people seemed to actually like and the one actor that many regarded as talented.

As for why Days keeps casting big name actors for short roles, it's because Marnie Saitta is a good casting director and she seems to rather go with experience unless she is wowed. I also have to wonder if maybe Tomlin was involved here as Tuck was on OLTL.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mason
Feb 16 2010, 06:12 PM
EricV
That event would answer a lot of our prayers. Of course he gets to stay because he's Sami's father, she needs at least one parent in town so she gets him.....*SIGH*

Maybe Mrs. Isuzu can take out Joe Isuzu for some reason.... :)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Wouldnīt it be funny if Chad turned to be EJīs son?
Well, there was speculation about this before, given that Chad could pass for EJ's son. They could have just cast someone who resembles EJ because Mia remarked her baby's father looked like EJ, but that's hardly the kind of small detail I would expect them to worry about, lol. Not that most people would be excited about this, probably, but I suppose there could be another development in the baby switch story if Chad is related to EJ. My head hurts so I'm not going to try to think about what that could be, but I suppose it's a possibility.

Eric83
Member Avatar

Ī Rhi Ī
Feb 16 2010, 06:15 PM
That event would answer a lot of our prayers. Of course he gets to stay because he's Sami's father, she needs at least one parent in town so she gets him.....*SIGH*

Screw Sami! She can go too. Maybe they will go live in Switzerland. :laugh:

Eric83
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 06:21 PM
jane1978
Well, there was speculation about this before, given that Chad could pass for EJ's son. They could have just cast someone who resembles EJ because Mia remarked her baby's father looked like EJ, but that's hardly the kind of small detail I would expect them to worry about, lol. Not that most people would be excited about this, probably, but I suppose there could be another development in the baby switch story if Chad is related to EJ. My head hurts so I'm not going to try to think about what that could be, but I suppose it's a possibility.
Chad being EJ's son means he had a grandchild.... Grandpa EJ is too much. Even for this show.
Edited by Eric83, Feb 16 2010, 06:24 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

EricV
Feb 16 2010, 06:23 PM
Paxton
jane1978
Chad being EJ's son means he had a grandchild.... Grandpa EJ is too much. Even for this show.
This show has asked me to suspend disbelief WAY too many times for me to let a little thing like a man who is only supposed to be a teenager be a grandfather bother me.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Feb 16 2010, 06:14 PM
jane1978
EricV

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I would love for them to reveal Chad is someone else's son. I think that would help. Hell, maybe say that Justin had an affair and that is what drove him and Adrienne apart (we've never really heard what has) and that makes him a Kiriakis.

I also have to love people complaining about how unnecessary Chad is and how he is being wasted when this Fall he was the one teen people seemed to actually like and the one actor that many regarded as talented.

As for why Days keeps casting big name actors for short roles, it's because Marnie Saitta is a good casting director and she seems to rather go with experience unless she is wowed. I also have to wonder if maybe Tomlin was involved here as Tuck was on OLTL.
Well, they could also choose the Chelsea route. Remember when the only time we saw Chelseaīs parents was when they were about to die in terrible car crash? Little drastic, but it give Billie a chance to get closer to her. They could do something similar with Chad. I just really donīt think they want to add another family to Salem and John Isuzu is more than enough for these occasional scenes where Chadīs parents are needed. So I think they have to have some more specifical reason why to add his mum.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 16 2010, 06:28 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 16 2010, 06:14 PM
jane1978

Well, they could also choose the Chelsea route. Remember when the only time we saw Chelseaīs parents was when they were about to die in terrible car crash? Little drastic, but it give Billie a chance to get closer to her. They could do something similar with Chad. I just really donīt think they want to add another family to Salem and John Isuzu is more than enough for these occasional scenes where Chadīs parents are needed. So I think they have to have some more specifical reason why to add his mum.
Definitely. There must be some sort of reason for this story-wise for Chad.

Adrienne is supposed to appear on air in March. I think I would like to make my Justin idea an actual theory. Adrienne returns, reveals what happened with her and Justin...he had an affair. Maybe something happens to Chad's father and his mom reveals that the DA is not his real father and it's Justin.

I know that is a major shot in the dark but I like it and want to stick with it :laugh: .

jane1978

ga68153
Paxton
jane1978
Mia conceived when she was 15. How old is EJ? Even when we use real time itīs possible. Plus, both EJ and Chadīs mum are lawyers. Maybe they studied together and had something going on while in college? There is atleast 10 years of completely white place in EJīs life they can use to create conflict. Sami certainly wasnīt the first girl/woman he was with.

Eric83
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 16 2010, 06:34 PM
ga68153
Paxton

Mia conceived when she was 15. How old is EJ? Even when we use real time itīs possible. Plus, both EJ and Chadīs mum are lawyers. Maybe they studied together and had something going on while in college? There is atleast 10 years of completely white place in EJīs life they can use to create conflict. Sami certainly wasnīt the first girl/woman he was with.
EJ should be in the 30-35 range. He is dealing with all of this Sydney drama, the last thing he needs is a son that is probably 17 or 18.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Why is it that DAYS gets fab actors in these part time roles and crappy actors (YES...YOU TEENS....) in contract roles?

J.Tuck is such a good actress!!! Nice casting DAYS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply