Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jessica Tuck joins Days as Chad's mother
Topic Started: Feb 16 2010, 03:36 PM (3,478 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I just dont get how people can say she isnt needed before she airs. You dont know what her intended purpose is to be able to say she doesnt serve one.

Why is it of all the shows, Days fans are the most unwelcoming to fresh blood and new characters? Then will pretend to have loved the fresh blood the whole time once they're proven wrong?
Edited by Drew, Feb 16 2010, 07:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leela46

Quote:

Definitely. There must be some sort of reason for this story-wise for Chad.

Adrienne is supposed to appear on air in March. I think I would like to make my Justin idea an actual theory. Adrienne returns, reveals what happened with her and Justin...he had an affair. Maybe something happens to Chad's father and his mom reveals that the DA is not his real father and it's Justin.

I know that is a major shot in the dark but I like it and want to stick with it :laugh:

I really like this idea. I hope a Days writer is reading this and uses this story idea. It would be nice if Jessica Tuck can stick around for awhile. New characters can often bring about new story possibilities. And from what I understand JT is a very good actress. Don't waste her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Wasn't she on Judging Amy too?

Loved her! Can't wait to see what she brings to the pot.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Drew
Feb 16 2010, 07:42 PM
I just dont get how people can say she isnt needed before she airs. You dont know what her intended purpose is to be able to say she doesnt serve one.

Why is it of all the shows, Days fans are the most unwelcoming to fresh blood and new characters? Then will pretend to have loved the fresh blood the whole time once they're proven wrong?
Good question.

And then when we get incestuous relationships people wonder why.

I swear, Days is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't, moreso then any other soap or TV show for that matter.

specialcases
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 16 2010, 06:34 PM
ga68153
Feb 16 2010, 06:23 PM
Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 06:21 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Chad being EJ's son means he had a grandchild.... Grandpa EJ is too much. Even for this show.
Mia conceived when she was 15. How old is EJ? Even when we use real time itīs possible. Plus, both EJ and Chadīs mum are lawyers. Maybe they studied together and had something going on while in college? There is atleast 10 years of completely white place in EJīs life they can use to create conflict. Sami certainly wasnīt the first girl/woman he was with.
LOL "Even when we use real time it's possible" ? Really? Elvis was born 2/21/1997. So using real time, he would be turning 13 yrs old this Sunday. I'm curious as to how a 13 yr old could have a 16 yr old child :shrug:

leela46

Quote:

Can you imagine if we had had the internet back when Marlena first joined the show? "We don't need a new character, she's going to take time away from my favorites." "She's not a Horton." "We don't need a new psychiatrist on the show, we already have Laura Horton."

I'm always ready to give a new character a chance. I may end up not liking them, but I'm not going to pre-judge before they ever have a scene.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

leela46
Feb 17 2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:

Can you imagine if we had had the internet back when Marlena first joined the show? "We don't need a new character, she's going to take time away from my favorites." "She's not a Horton." "We don't need a new psychiatrist on the show, we already have Laura Horton."

I'm always ready to give a new character a chance. I may end up not liking them, but I'm not going to pre-judge before they ever have a scene.
Exactly.

I often wonder what things would be like if we had internet in the 70's or especially the 80's when the Brady's, Johnson's, Deveraux's, etc all exploded on the scene and the Horton's began to get phased out.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

leela46

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would have been funny.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Let me get this right. Will and Allie don't need their father. But Chad needs his mom.

Yeah. This makes sense.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 17 2010, 04:27 PM
Let me get this right. Will and Allie don't need their father. But Chad needs his mom.

Yeah. This makes sense.
It actually does make sense. Will and Allie has alot of family in Salem. So far we have only seen Chad's father a couple of times.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This makes no sense.

How much family have we actually seen Will and Allie spend time with in Salem? Will and Allie's core family has been destroyed. Yet, we need to build up the family unit around Chad.

I don't mind new families. Just don't create them while decimating core families.

StephanieYates
Member Avatar

i wonder if they'll sweep it under the rug (like many things) that his mother is a "high powered judge"
i hate that.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

leela46
Quote:

It's one thing if the spoiler read "She's playing Chad's mother, who will seduce Bo and push Hope down a well and have a three way with Bo and Carly, while secretly working for Stefano to obtain mystical Brady pyramids that will freeze the world." But its just "she's playing his mother". How can anyone form an opinion with so little information?

six
Member Avatar

Maybe if even a quarter of the characters that have been brought on recently were Marlena-caliber, people would be more willing to give Days the benefit of the doubt when it comes to character creation and utilization.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thanks,she is a good actress!

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

She's a very good actress. I hope DAYS fans give her a chance. I know I will.

As for Chad and Deidrick...... Meh. I'm more a fan of his youtube videos and girlfriend than I am of him.

Criss33
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 16 2010, 06:23 PM
Paxton
Feb 16 2010, 06:21 PM
jane1978
Feb 16 2010, 06:07 PM
Wouldnīt it be funny if Chad turned to be EJīs son?
Well, there was speculation about this before, given that Chad could pass for EJ's son. They could have just cast someone who resembles EJ because Mia remarked her baby's father looked like EJ, but that's hardly the kind of small detail I would expect them to worry about, lol. Not that most people would be excited about this, probably, but I suppose there could be another development in the baby switch story if Chad is related to EJ. My head hurts so I'm not going to try to think about what that could be, but I suppose it's a possibility.
Chad being EJ's son means he had a grandchild.... Grandpa EJ is too much. Even for this show.
Agree!! I just about had enough of the whole baby switch, baby kidnapping, who is the daddy s/l to last a life time. I think EJ has enough explaining to do without making a grandfather too.... :shame:
Edited by Criss33, Mar 1 2010, 09:16 PM.

Criss33
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 18 2010, 02:34 AM
leela46
Quote:

It's one thing if the spoiler read "She's playing Chad's mother, who will seduce Bo and push Hope down a well and have a three way with Bo and Carly, while secretly working for Stefano to obtain mystical Brady pyramids that will freeze the world." But its just "she's playing his mother". How can anyone form an opinion with so little information?
Knowing the way they have been writing the s/l nothing will surprise me... Watch out they will take your idea and use it :smile:

Criss33
Member Avatar

leela46
Feb 16 2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:

Definitely. There must be some sort of reason for this story-wise for Chad.

Adrienne is supposed to appear on air in March. I think I would like to make my Justin idea an actual theory. Adrienne returns, reveals what happened with her and Justin...he had an affair. Maybe something happens to Chad's father and his mom reveals that the DA is not his real father and it's Justin.

I know that is a major shot in the dark but I like it and want to stick with it :laugh:

I really like this idea. I hope a Days writer is reading this and uses this story idea. It would be nice if Jessica Tuck can stick around for awhile. New characters can often bring about new story possibilities. And from what I understand JT is a very good actress. Don't waste her.
I really like that whole Justin and chad's mom, could be a great s/l. many possibilities there :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply