Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: We Are Family/Carly Tells Melanie; March 2nd issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Feb 18 2010, 02:42 PM (3,663 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:We Are Family

Melanie wakes up in the hospital and finds Carly by her side. She freaks out, but Daniel assures her that Carly will not hurt her. Carly ends up telling Melanie everything. She doesn’t intend to tell her, but Melanie keeps asking questions and Carly finally blurts out that she is Melanie’s mother.

Melanie tells her to get out, tells Carly she is insane and that her mother is dead. Carly insists that it is the truth. She tells her the story of the last time she saw Melanie and remembers a birthmark that she had. Carly finally convinces her that she is her mother.

After Melanie learns the truth about Lawrence and comes to the realization that she was essentially the cause of Lawrence’s death and Vivian’s vendetta against her, she curses her biology. She tells Carly that she can’t believe that she was with someone like Trent. But Trent isn’t her father. Daniel is.

Crystal says, “They spent one night together. She was at a medical conference, desperately lonely in this empty marriage, the two of them had a lot to drink and ended up sleeping together. She felt guilty and told him she was married the next day and it shouldn’t have happened and all is forgiven.” But, she never told him about the pregnancy.

Shawn says, “The initial reaction is disbelief. He quickly has to goes back to his personal history to their relationship and connects the dots. He is just heartbroken and hopeless.”

Since he knows the kind of childhood that Melanie had, Daniel is enraged with Carly for not telling him. Carly isn’t surprised that Daniel is upset, but she is trying to fix a wrong that she created so long ago. She is hoping that she can be a part of Melanie’s life and get Daniel and Melanie together because she knows he is a good man. Crystal says, “And she feels like if Melanie knew this kind of person was her real father, she’ll think better of herself, that she didn’t come from Trent and that’s not who she is.”

For Daniel, it is too much at once. He is also dealing with Chloe’s hysterical pregnancy. It is upsetting that he wasn’t able to have a child with the love of his life, but now finds out that he does have a daughter. Daniel heads to Melanie’s room, and that is a good thing since Vivian has arrived to finish what she started on the roof.

SOW:Carly to Melanie:I'm Your Mother

Melanie gets the blow of a lifetime when Carly makes a startling confession. Melanie doesn't remember what happened at first, but when she does she starts screaming and throwing things at Carly. Daniel intervenes and assures Melanie that Carly will not hurt her. Carly then explains everything. She tells her about stabbbing Lawrence, Vivian being out for revenge, and that she is Melanie's long-lost mother.

"Melanie thinks Carly is insane," says Molly. "She doesn't care, she doesn't believe her and she doesn't want to hear it. She's just furious. She tells Carly to get out of her room." However, when Phillip stops by, Melanie starts contemplating what Carly had to say. She asks Phillip about it and he makes her see that it could be true. Melanie doesn't know how to feel about it, or what to think or do.

Melanie tells Phillip to get Carly. Carly comes back to her room and explains the details of Melanie's conception and adoption, and she reveals that Trent is not her biological father. "Melanie doesn't care about any of it," insists Molly. "She's hurt, in pain and mad. She had to live the childhood she did - grow up with Trent, who was a monster - because her mom gave her up. Everything Melanie thought she knew about her life is not the case at all."

She is also horrified to learn that her existence is what caused Lawrence's murder and made Vivian want to kill her. When Melanie presses Carly to reveal who her father is, Carly refuses. Melanie is furious and again kicks Carly out of her room.

Phillip and Maggie try to console Melanie. Molly says, "Melanie and Maggie have a heart-to-heart. Maggie tells her to rest and deal with the truth later." But, once Melanie is alone Vivian comes into the room and grabs a pillow; she is intent on smothering Melanie. "Melanie wakes up and is like, 'You know what? Do it. Just kill me,'" says Molly. "She doesn't want to deal with anay of this. It's more than just feeling she's the reason Lawrence is dead. It's having grown up with Trent when she didn't have to. It's about Max not being her brother and how heartbreaking that is. It's about being confused about her marriage. Yes, she loves Phillip, but then there's Nathan. Melanie is in so much pain. She's so confused. She just wants Vivian to put an end to it."

Will Vivian follow through?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Daniel is the father?!?!?!?!? What a shocking revelation! :eyeroll:

Thanks, Angie!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

No suprise there.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm glad that SC is getting a meaty SL and not being the punchline to jokes. If I have to watch Mel (which I guess I'm stuck with) then I can maybe get into this SL!

Thanks for posting!

Mason
Member Avatar

Blah. Fuck Daniel.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Feb 18 2010, 02:50 PM
I'm glad that SC is getting a meaty SL and not being the punchline to jokes. If I have to watch Mel (which I guess I'm stuck with) then I can maybe get into this SL!

Thanks for posting!
Well, I guess we know now what the spoiler was that said a family gets together.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

ZZZZZZZZZZ. Damn for Dr. Sleaze interrupting vivian's deed.

Yeah, do not feel sorry for either Daniel or Melanie. Carly is better off without them.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 18 2010, 02:53 PM
Blah. Fuck Daniel.
My thoughts exactly! This storyline is so stupid! I hate that Dr. Sleaze is the twit's father.

Edited by Mirage75, Feb 18 2010, 02:55 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mason
Blah. Fuck Daniel.
I'd rather not. That's how Carly got us all into this mess.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 18 2010, 02:55 PM
Mason
Blah. Fuck Daniel.
I'd rather not. That's how Carly got us all into this mess.
:roflol: You are on a roll today, Lysie!

jane1978

So is it finally happening. There was a scene I think today or yesterday where Lexie tells Daniel Carly is Mel´s mum during the operation and he gets this "oh, shit" look. Typical man. I think he is already wondering.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I'm glad Daniel is the father. Better him than Bo.

Let's all hope that this ends Danloe. :cheer:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm actually looking forward to this. It's probably the first storyline I'm looking forward to involving Daniel since Shawn Christian joined the cast two years ago.

I hope Daniel gives Carly hell for keeping this from him. This will leave her friend count down to, what? One (Bo)?

Eric83
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2010, 03:10 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this. It's probably the first storyline I'm looking forward to involving Daniel since Shawn Christian joined the cast two years ago.

I hope Daniel gives Carly hell for keeping this from him. This will leave her friend count down to, what? One (Bo)?
Yep. LOL

Even Maggie doesn't like her anymore. :laugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It was an obvious revelation, but at least it makes sense and it's not something totally out of left field. And if it ends Daniel and Chloe's random and nonsense relationship, putting her back in the field for a possible reunion with Philip, then I'm all for it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mason
Blah. Fuck Daniel.
I guess Carly already did!!!

Eric83
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2010, 03:11 PM
It was an obvious revelation, but at least it makes sense and it's not something totally out of left field. And if it ends Daniel and Chloe's random and nonsense relationship, putting her back in the field for a possible reunion with Philip, then I'm all for it.
I sure hope so.

Phloe :wub:

BTW, I love that pic of JKJ in your signature.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is an obvious twist, but it's the most logical one. I'm glad they aren't taking too long to reveal it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 18 2010, 03:14 PM
BTW, I love that pic of JKJ in your signature.
Thanks! Me too!

peaches179

lysie
Feb 18 2010, 02:47 PM
Daniel is the father?!?!?!?!? What a shocking revelation! :eyeroll:

Thanks, Angie!

LOL! I was just about to post that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply