Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Galen Gering interview with Michael Fairman
Topic Started: Feb 19 2010, 11:41 AM (11,049 Views)
Ellie

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/2010/days-of-our-lives/the-galen-gering-interview-days-of-our-lives/

Offline Profile Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

I knew Rafe reminded me of someone....he's the love child of Linda Tripp and Beaker!

Posted Image

and while he has about the same vocabulary as the daddy, clearly he got his personality from his mom

thanks for the link, Ellie :)
Edited by specialcases, Feb 19 2010, 12:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Things I have a problem with in the parts of the interview that managed to keep my attention:
Epic. I guess crap can be epic, too.
Quote:

Sami and Rafe, who just last week finally reconnected
Finally? They'd been broken up for, like, a day and a half.

Quote:

What followed was an explosive and sexy pairing for the duo
LOL. Sexy? There's nothing sexy about the bobbleheaded banshee and the guy whose so boring I can't even come up with a nickname for him.

Quote:

Clearly, he is a lucky bastard… his looks and his charms…. he does it all, and it’s pretty amazing
I think he wants EJAFE, too.

Thanks, Ellie!
Edited by lysie, Feb 19 2010, 12:13 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Livie

Good interview. The part about couples facing this type of problem (missing child) historically having odds against them will probably have EJami hopers jump for joy, but I think it will be overcome once the machinations EJ has employed this time come to light.

I am unsure about the emmy clip he will use, but I remember being very impressed with Rafe at the funeral home and how he handled EJ. He was the grown up, understanding EJ's rage, but also protecting Sami. In that episode he was the only man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

I, um, don't think I have anything to say.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 19 2010, 12:13 PM
Things I have a problem with in the parts of the interview that managed to keep my attention:
Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Sexy? There's nothing sexy about the bobbleheaded banshee and the guy whose so boring I can't even come up with a nickname for him.

Quote:

Clearly, he is a lucky bastard… his looks and his charms…. he does it all, and it’s pretty amazing

Thanks, Ellie!
LOL Great points: :applause:

"I feel I was able to get better as an actor"

I never watched Passions, but if he thinks he is a better actor now on Dool, how bad was he on Passions???(Oh okay him and the monkey, now i get it!)
I am sure he is thinking to himself Safe is not working, BRING On EJAFE! :tounge:

"I want him to be a smart character, but I want him to be a fun character" GG talking about Rafe.

Smart and Fun associate with Rafe; Now what is wrong with that sentence ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

When did Rafe ever express any sort of guilt for what he did to EJ trying to illegally and fraudulently adopt his kid at the same time he claimed EJ was a good dad? What is GG talking about there?

Even after EJ saved his life he was still super smug as ever and still keeping info about his kid from him.

Offline Profile Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the link Ellie. Loved it!
Quote:

One thing I do hope is when times are good I would like to see Sami and Rafe have some really nice times and not be so dark. Their cards have been down for such a long time that you really don’t get an opportunity to see that spark that makes them special. So, I hope at some point we can get back to that

Me too Galen, I loved the scenes where Sami thought that Rafe was proposing "I will if you promise to say no" fun stuff. Or sometimes when there is an Ali giggle that sneaks in there like during their date. Hopefully after the heaviness of this story that never ends we can get back to that :wub: :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Livie

samixxx
Feb 19 2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:

One thing I do hope is when times are good I would like to see Sami and Rafe have some really nice times and not be so dark. Their cards have been down for such a long time that you really don’t get an opportunity to see that spark that makes them special. So, I hope at some point we can get back to that

Me too Galen, I loved the scenes where Sami thought that Rafe was proposing "I will if you promise to say no" fun stuff. Or sometimes when there is an Ali giggle that sneaks in there like during their date. Hopefully after the heaviness of this story that never ends we can get back to that :wub: :wub:
I feel the same way. The potential for fun and lightheartedness between Sami and Rafe will be like stepping into the sunshine after all the gothic EJ stuff from so much of their past.

I think Galen is hinting we are going to get that. I love to think that a fork has been stuck in EJ and Sami, so both of them can get out of this deep rut the writers have dug for them Either character cannot go forward while in this mess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

Through adversity and problems supercouples are born. John & Marlena... Bo & Hope... Strangely enough both these couples had to Face a man that was obsessed with their loves.... Marlena/Stefano... Hope/Larry Welch. Through they problems their love stayed true, and they didn't go around abusing each other-- the odds were against them. John & Marlena are still together. And Bo & Hope are facing odds again, after being together for years... but I believe and it has been spoiled they will overcome.

BTW, I love that their families are vacationing together, they have such a close relationship. Which is carried off on the screen. Which definitely makes them the couple to root for.

BTW, I hate that above picture of him I prefer the one below...

Posted Image
Edited by kitkat, Feb 19 2010, 01:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manda1

Livie
Feb 19 2010, 01:05 PM
samixxx
Feb 19 2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:

I feel the same way. The potential for fun and lightheartedness between Sami and Rafe will be like stepping into the sunshine after all the gothic EJ stuff from so much of their past.

I think Galen is hinting we are going to get that. I love to think that a fork has been stuck in EJ and Sami, so both of them can get out of this deep rut the writers have dug for them Either character cannot go forward while in this mess.
Ellie thanks for the link! I enjoyed the interview. Ali and GG mentioned hoping for happier times in their V-day article in SOD too. So they both obviously enjoy doing the fun stuff best and I think it is another hint that there is some fun stuff coming. :wub:

Nice that they are in Mammoth on their break and still want to spend time together despite working together almost every day! That's when you know an actor isn't lying when they say 'We really like working with each other and are close.' Cute!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 19 2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Ellie!
EJafe = :wub: :lol:

And I heard a great nickname the other day that is gonna stick with me, probably for good. Agent Ambien. Yep - that one's a keeper. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

CapeSafe

Great interview... The next couple of weeks are going to be fun...Especially
Spoiler: click to toggle
:dance:
Offline Profile Goto Top

sungrey

Most everyone was pretty bad on Passions, but in defense of the actors it was the material that did a lot of them in. I don't think Galen's grown much as an actor, but it could be just me... (rolls eyes)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I like him. I think he is cool. I am happy for him and his storyline and glad he has a strong fanbase and a good story going right now.
Thanks for sharing!
Offline Profile Goto Top

justforfun

Thanks for posting. I loved the interview - GG rocks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

kitkat
Feb 19 2010, 01:11 PM
Through adversity and problems supercouples are born. John & Marlena... Bo & Hope... Strangely enough both these couples had to Face a man that was obsessed with their loves.... Marlena/Stefano... Hope/Larry Welch. Through they problems their love stayed true, and they didn't go around abusing each other-- the odds were against them. John & Marlena are still together. And Bo & Hope are facing odds again, after being together for years... but I believe and it has been spoiled they will overcome.

BTW, I love that their families are vacationing together, they have such a close relationship. Which is carried off on the screen. Which definitely makes them the couple to root for.

Posted Image
ita very cool that galen jenna ali dave
all the kids hang out in mammoth
as much as galen is there i bet he has a condo they all use

glad to see he is submitting those heart breaking scenes with grace dying

Edited by jeanneshuis, Feb 19 2010, 04:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Feb 19 2010, 03:50 PM
kitkat
Feb 19 2010, 01:11 PM

Posted Image
ita very cool that galen jenna ali dave
all the kids hang out in mammoth
as much as galen is there i bet he has a condo they all use

glad to see he is submitting those heart wrenching scenes with the grace dying

He does have a place up there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

That was a very good interview.

I'm glad Galen submitted the Grace scenes to the Emmys. He is deserving. Im also glad he admitted that Safe is the rooting couple. I think Rafe is going to catch ej and distroy him.... he won't stop till he does!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I wish someone else from DAYS would get an interview.

Well TFP anyway!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic