Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of February 22nd; Melanie learns Carly's big secret.
Topic Started: Feb 19 2010, 06:08 PM (2,438 Views)
Ljay
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 21 2010, 04:36 PM
"First, a wedding to die for. Brace yourself."

He was THE BEST.

Now you have me curious.Where was Hope coming back from with Zack?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Not a great promo, but awesome plot this week. Seeing how Melanie reacts to this revelation will be really good.

lysie
Member Avatar

wonderingwhat
Feb 21 2010, 04:52 PM
Sindacco
Feb 21 2010, 04:36 PM
"First, a wedding to die for. Brace yourself."

He was THE BEST.

Now you have me curious.Where was Hope coming back from with Zack?
I think they were just visiting JT.

The end of these promos will never stop amusing me. I still remember them from my childhood...better than the actual show.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 21 2010, 05:57 PM
OMG. Lady in a Cage! Good times.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 21 2010, 04:41 PM
LoL @ "War of the Witches."

That announcer was the best.
I hope I'm wrong but I believe that announce passed away, which is why we got the horrible one last year and now the current one, who is a slight improvement but not by much.

You will never get promos like you did ten or even 2 years ago. Judie Henniger on Twitter has been pretty open about that. I gave her hell on Twitter about the promos for months and she's said that Days is only allowed 15 second promos and she is able to do 30 second ones for special events or periods like we saw for November sweeps, Christmas, New Year's, and now this February. It seems NBC cut the promo budget big time. Not to mention they don't even show the promos except on the web site, which is probably why not much goes into them most of the time. The network doesn't bother to use them on the actual network so why bother? It's a shame because if Days got more promotion, it could be second place right now consistently. It does well enough without the promotion but it could do even better with it.

The good thing is that IMO the promos have gotten better. The 30 seconds ones are good but the 15 seconds ones have improved over the past few months. They aren't great but they are better.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

PhoenixRising05
Feb 22 2010, 01:58 AM
Kenny

I hope I'm wrong but I believe that announce passed away, which is why we got the horrible one last year and now the current one, who is a slight improvement but not by much.

You will never get promos like you did ten or even 2 years ago. Judie Henniger on Twitter has been pretty open about that. I gave her hell on Twitter about the promos for months and she's said that Days is only allowed 15 second promos and she is able to do 30 second ones for special events or periods like we saw for November sweeps, Christmas, New Year's, and now this February. It seems NBC cut the promo budget big time. Not to mention they don't even show the promos except on the web site, which is probably why not much goes into them most of the time. The network doesn't bother to use them on the actual network so why bother? It's a shame because if Days got more promotion, it could be second place right now consistently. It does well enough without the promotion but it could do even better with it.

The good thing is that IMO the promos have gotten better. The 30 seconds ones are good but the 15 seconds ones have improved over the past few months. They aren't great but they are better.
The 15 second promos had nowhere to go but up as far as quality, I just think a 15 second promo is pointless.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Feb 22 2010, 02:15 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 22 2010, 01:58 AM
Kenny

The 15 second promos had nowhere to go but up as far as quality, I just think a 15 second promo is pointless.
So do I.

I think all the promos are pointless if all NBC is going to do is show them online. They already show small clips on the site a day ahead to promote the next day's episode so just stick to that. If you won't air the promos on TV, why bother? I know I, personally, wouldn't feel so compelled to put as much work into them if I knew they were just being shown on a web site. It's no coincidence that the minute the promos stopped being 30 seconds consistently and stopped people shown regularly on TV that the quality dwindled.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I agree that it's a shame the promos are no longer near the quality they used to be - or used anywhere near as much. But I do think they still show them a tiny bit - I could swear I've seen them air during the Biggest Loser several times over the past year or so. The tie in is pretty obvious, but I do think they air on the network at that time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SocRMum1
Feb 22 2010, 05:21 PM
I agree that it's a shame the promos are no longer near the quality they used to be - or used anywhere near as much. But I do think they still show them a tiny bit - I could swear I've seen them air during the Biggest Loser several times over the past year or so. The tie in is pretty obvious, but I do think they air on the network at that time.
That is really the only time I have seen them. Yes, you see them sparingly but there was once a time where you saw them constantly in daytime (during the Today show, talks shows, etc) and in late night and scattered about every now and then in primetime. Now, you barely see them unless it's TBL or sometimes during sweeps they will show them a little (emphasis on LITTLE) more.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

In my area, they show a DAYS promo around 2:55, right before the fourth hour of Today ends and right before DAYS airs.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Feb 22 2010, 09:03 PM
In my area, they show a DAYS promo around 2:55, right before the fourth hour of Today ends and right before DAYS airs.
Well that's good (and surprising) to know.

And wow to the fourth hour of today airing that late in your area. The show is a morning show :laugh: . I wonder why it airs so late in your area.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 22 2010, 08:44 PM
SocRMum1
That is really the only time I have seen them. Yes, you see them sparingly but there was once a time where you saw them constantly in daytime (during the Today show, talks shows, etc) and in late night and scattered about every now and then in primetime. Now, you barely see them unless it's TBL or sometimes during sweeps they will show them a little (emphasis on LITTLE) more.
Yeah but before you have made it sound like they never ever show any promos.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Feb 23 2010, 07:23 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 22 2010, 08:44 PM
SocRMum1
Yeah but before you have made it sound like they never ever show any promos.
Well, they still really don't and I was going on what I see and what people I know see.

Judi Henniger even said in Twitter once the promos are barely shown on the network so even she admitted it LOL.

missyelisa2010
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Feb 20 2010, 09:51 PM
Love CC she has been awesome.But this whole story,has left me cold.At least so far.Are they setting up,a "I hate my Mommy,story"..if so,been there and done that :sleep:

Thanx for posting
It was done better by Billie & Chelsey again with Bo in the middle :ermm:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply