Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/22-2/26
Topic Started: Feb 20 2010, 11:32 AM (21,743 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Feb 21 2010, 07:27 PM
I just thought about something regarding Chloe. Was Lucas ever on screen enough last fall/this winter to establish whether he and Chloe got divorced? I know she's already engaged to Dan but I don't remember them getting an official ending. Or EJ and Nicole for that matter. What does this show have against writing the angst of divorce paper scenes?
Didn't Chloe and Lucas get their marriage annulled? I thought Fr. Matt took care of that. But with Nicole and EJ, I don't ever remember anyone saying anything about a divorce. So, as far as we know, they are still married.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I wouldn't say Phloe needs to be together just because she calls him out on his shit LOL. Lots of characters do that and simply remain friends.

My concern with a Phloe reunion is that both characters have been through alot and somewhat changed. I just don't want it to be a regression. Thankfully, the setup the show has now is perfect to build to a Phloe reunion. Given what Chloe and Philip have gone through and will go through, it makes sense to go there so I'm not opposed to it under these circumstances like I would've been a few months ago.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2010, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't say Phloe needs to be together just because she calls him out on his shit LOL. Lots of characters do that and simply remain friends.
It isn't the only reason why. I was saying that more to the people that said they weren't watching back in the Salem High days who don't get Philip and Chloe's appeal. That's how it was back then and it really worked for them. They weren't your average soap couple with a bunch of flirting then getting together and it being happily ever after. They were constantly at odds with one another based on what the other did. That, in my book, is the definition of a good soap couple because they should never get boring because there is always inner conflict between the characters. And it wasn't even just the Salem High days, Hogan knew how to write Phloe as well when he had Chloe return in November '07. He had their pairing down pact. She was immediately calling him out n his affair with Belle, and he was doing the same concerning Brady's whereabouts. These two get to each other like no one else. That's the potential for a great soap opera couple for me.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 21 2010, 08:16 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
My concern with a Phloe reunion is that both characters have been through alot and somewhat changed. I just don't want it to be a regression. Thankfully, the setup the show has now is perfect to build to a Phloe reunion. Given what Chloe and Philip have gone through and will go through, it makes sense to go there so I'm not opposed to it under these circumstances like I would've been a few months ago.
I don't think there should be any regression if the writers decide to reunite Philip and Chloe. I feel that the two can still find their way back to each other given what they're both currently involved in. You have Philip, who is clearly mismatched with a woman, who just fascinates him and nothing else. Melanie is something new to him. She's something that he never had to deal with before. And that excites him. I don't consider Philip to be in love with Melanie. He's just infatuated with her at the moment. I would love to see Philip and Chloe get into an argument one day and her just call him out on all of this because she's the only one (other than Victor) that could do it and make him see that's exactly how it is.

And then you have Chloe, who will soon become desperate to give Daniel a child and I want to hear Philip call her out on that as well.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Feb 21 2010, 08:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
It isn't the only reason why. I was saying that more to the people that said they weren't watching back in the Salem High days who don't get Philip and Chloe's appeal. That's how it was back then and it really worked for them. They weren't your average soap couple with a bunch of flirting then getting together and it being happily ever after. They were constantly at odds with one another based on what the other did. That, in my book, is the definition of a good soap couple because they should never get boring because there is always inner conflict between the characters. And it wasn't even just the Salem High days, Hogan knew how to write Phloe as well when he had Chloe return in November '07. He had their pairing down pact. She was immediately calling him out n his affair with Belle, and he was doing the same concerning Brady's whereabouts. These two get to each other like no one else. That's the potential for a great soap opera couple for me.
Ah, ok. Your right. They were never boring. They also had a pretty realistic building of their relationship as teens.

I'm not saying they can't be a great couple. I guess the big issue is IMO that they were never given the chance so their history comes off as nothing more then a past love they moved on from. It's kind of Bo and Carly until recently. They fell in love and then never really had a sustained period of happiness before they were ripped apart by someone else and one of them left town. Chloe and Philip did have a brief reunion in 2008 but it amounted to nothing due to the summer of rewrites LOL.

So, your right. I was always just worried about what approach the show would take but, as I said, the setup the show has right now works. I can see why and how Philip and Chloe would get together and I have a suspicion we may see it. I'm ok with that now. Up until now, I wouldn't have been but it makes sense right now for me.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This makes me want to go watch old school Phloe clips. Nadia was so good back then. Even though I love Phloe, I hate how Chloe and Brady ended. There should still be some deep feelings there. I say kick Ari to the curb and do a Philip/Chloe/Brady/Nicole quad. :P Just kidding, but a guy can dream though. :wub:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 22 2010, 12:06 AM
This makes me want to go watch old school Phloe clips. Nadia was so good back then. Even though I love Phloe, I hate how Chloe and Brady ended. There should still be some deep feelings there. I say kick Ari to the curb and do a Philip/Chloe/Brady/Nicole quad. :P Just kidding, but a guy can dream though. :wub:
I agree about Brady and Chloe ending badly. I really wish we got to see what Hogan and company's plan was for Brady. I'm sure they weren't going to the drug addiction route. There was more mystery behind it than that. Oh well...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ga68153
Feb 22 2010, 12:06 AM
Nadia really was much better from 1999-2003. She went downhill under JER and never recovered. This week was the first week since then that she really impressed me and proved she does have some talent.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I was on a break from the show during the original Phloe days, but I thought they were hot when she first came back to town and they had the friends with benefits storyline. I miss the days when JKJ got to play with people his own age. *sigh*

The posted picture of them is definitely hot. :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 22 2010, 09:07 AM
I miss the days when JKJ got to play with people his own age. *sigh*
Me and you both.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

In watching the wedding of Philip and Melanie I am convinced that Philip will be with Stephanie once again, after some time passes. She is scheming to snag Nathan but the looks she gave Philip telegraphed to me that she did not like seeing Melanie marry Philip. We know Nathan and Melanie are dreaming of one another so that seems to be the destination this story will take.

On the other hand, I could easily accept Philip becoming involved with Chloe once again after all the Melanie stuff becomes clear and Dr. Dirty as her Daddy is exposed. I loved Phloe back in the day but the rehash when NB returned was not well done.

Sariah
Member Avatar

ga68153
Feb 20 2010, 12:09 PM
IMissAremid
Feb 20 2010, 11:32 AM
:wub: :wub: :wub: The Phloe fanboy in me couldn't help but do it. :P
That much pretty should not be wasted. They need to reunite ASAP.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

PhoenixRising05
Feb 20 2010, 02:28 PM
Sindacco
Feb 20 2010, 02:03 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 20 2010, 01:47 PM
Now, he needs his hair cut like that again! They do make a pretty picture. I just wish I was watching when Phloe was really hot, so I knew what the hubbub was all about.
But that's the hair he has now only it is a little longer so in intense scenes like this week it hangs down.
Exactly.

I really don't see the issue with his hair, although I have a similar style so maybe that is why. Yes, it gets to be too long at times so what he needs to do is get a trim every now and then to keep it from dangling all over. I don't mind the style though. You can't have everyone with short cuts. Not only is that not realistic but it's boring LOL.
I don't mind longer hair on some guys, but Jay doesn't have the right kind of hair for that. It doesn't have to be super short, but his hair (especially the back) looks horrible right now. They style is ok, just trim it!

Sariah
Member Avatar

As a longtime fan (who was so there during all the hubbub!) I agree with lots of the previous statements - Phloe were easily one of the best teen couples the show's ever had, and Nadia and Jay have mad chemistry. In their scenes together there is always something special there. They bring out the best in each other as actors and as characters.

I'm thoroughly sick of backstage politics screwing me out of this pairing - first with Jay being a novice who told the show 18 months before the end of his contract that he would NOT be renewing (good-bye Philip, hello Brady), and then with whatever the hell Ed Scott was doing with Kristen Renton that got Morgan front and center with Philip and then got her fired once Higley regained control.

I'm just tired of what they keep doing to these two. Since their recent returns, neither one has been in a pairing that has really worked and really clicked with the whole audience. The show knows it - not too long ago they did all kinds of focus groups and surveys to find out who they should pair Philip with.

I like them both being screwed up and angsty and twisted and I floved the friends with benefits because 1) Phloe hotness and 2) how well they played on that angsty twistedness with them.

I want to see Philip and Chloe together again. What I love about them now as adults is that they're so screwed up they don't even need to be in a triangle. They get in their own way well enough. :)

And I really want to see them bring Tyler back - for Chloe to adopt him on her own and for Philip to find out (marriage of convenience?) - Chloe would be so pissed at Philip for letting his kid be in foster care after what she went through. It'd be awesome. :D

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sariah
Feb 22 2010, 02:33 PM
As a longtime fan (who was so there during all the hubbub!) I agree with lots of the previous statements - Phloe were easily one of the best teen couples the show's ever had, and Nadia and Jay have mad chemistry. In their scenes together there is always something special there. They bring out the best in each other as actors and as characters.

I'm thoroughly sick of backstage politics screwing me out of this pairing - first with Jay being a novice who told the show 18 months before the end of his contract that he would NOT be renewing (good-bye Philip, hello Brady), and then with whatever the hell Ed Scott was doing with Kristen Renton that got Morgan front and center with Philip and then got her fired once Higley regained control.

I'm just tired of what they keep doing to these two. Since their recent returns, neither one has been in a pairing that has really worked and really clicked with the whole audience. The show knows it - not too long ago they did all kinds of focus groups and surveys to find out who they should pair Philip with.

I like them both being screwed up and angsty and twisted and I floved the friends with benefits because 1) Phloe hotness and 2) how well they played on that angsty twistedness with them.

I want to see Philip and Chloe together again. What I love about them now as adults is that they're so screwed up they don't even need to be in a triangle. They get in their own way well enough. :)

And I really want to see them bring Tyler back - for Chloe to adopt him on her own and for Philip to find out (marriage of convenience?) - Chloe would be so pissed at Philip for letting his kid be in foster care after what she went through. It'd be awesome. :D
ICAM! :cheers:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy crap did Melanie annoy the shit out of me today. The crying drove me nuts and the yelling. I understand she is under alot of stress and was just shot, but damn. I could hardly listen to her.

Then add Arianna yelling at Brady too. I just don't understand her Nicole hate. She comes off as this insecure whiny girlfriend every time she talks about Nicole. And while this might be considered Nicole's fault, technically, this is Sami's fault for hating EJ enough to keep her kid from him. And while he is currently proving all the reasons that she did, Nicole doesn't get all of the blame.

And I can't wait, can't wait for EJ to get his ass kicked, thrown in the slammer, whatever he has coming to him. He was a nasty ass slime today with everyone he came in contact with. I kind of want Rafe to kick his ass, and I don't think I am going to like him any more tomorrow. He is just playing with the puppet strings a little too much for me and I look forward to his comeuppance.

Could they draw out Carly's confession anymore? LOL!

peaches179

Alligato
Feb 22 2010, 03:22 PM
Holy crap did Melanie annoy the shit out of me today. The crying drove me nuts and the yelling. I understand she is under alot of stress and was just shot, but damn. I could hardly listen to her.

I agree. She is so annoying. :eyeroll: I had to mute my tv.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

"And I really want to see them bring Tyler back - for Chloe to adopt him on her own and for Philip to find out (marriage of convenience?) - Chloe would be so pissed at Philip for letting his kid be in foster care after what she went through. It'd be awesome. :D
Posted Image"

You and me both would think this would be awesome. I have never really warmed to Philip after he was so quick to give his son away without a second thought. He and Mimi needed to really see where that boy was going, but this was another Hogan massacre of a character.

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Oh my gosh Melanie totally annoyed today. The screaming...calm down..it's not like Carly was standing over her bed with a knife or anything. Jeez!! One thing though...Peter is quoted in SOD as confessing to Hope that he does love Carly....I didn't see that..did I miss something? I heard Hope ask him..but never heard him confirm or deny it.

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 21 2010, 08:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
You're really making me miss phloe with these posts. They've had so many scenes lately, that I wonder if they're going to get revisited. It's not like the show to touch on history and friendships unless it's going to come into play in the future.

I could see things shaking out with phloe, darly, and what ever mel/nathan are being called, and Stephanie moving to wherever her parents are.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply