Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 2/22-2/26
Topic Started: Feb 20 2010, 11:32 AM (21,732 Views)
cici03

cassie1013
Feb 26 2010, 07:43 PM
Kenny
Feb 26 2010, 02:39 PM
If Melanie can't be killed, then at the very least she needs to be recast. Maybe Shayna Rose would be a good replacement. I know she used to play Stephanie, but I doubt anyone remembers her, LoL.

Posted Image

She wasn't the best actress, but she was certainly better than Molly Burnett and I certainly buy her more as Carly's daughter. Plus, she did quite well in bitchy scenes when Stephanie and Chelsea were sparring.
Ew! I remember, and it was horrible. Did you know AS was involved in her casting? :lol:

I think that Shayna would be a good recast. I also think that she was a better actress than MB. As far as looks go their looks are about the same. MB is not prettier. I think Shayna is just as pretty as MB. Hell, she seemed more mature way back when than this twit is today.

Shayna was playing a teen role back then -- she was no way ready for marriage. Hell what is this twit doing being married to Philip a 30ish adult running a big corporation -- a CEO at that??? SUCH A NOT THOUGHT OUT VERY WELL STORYLINE. Now tptb are trying to not address the fact that these two have nothing going for them (M & P) by throwing in another loser sl -- whose the Mommy and the Daddy -- again to get Carly & Daniel together. WHAT CRAP WRITING. YOU KNOW WRITERS THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS SHOW.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cici03

jocelynel3
Feb 27 2010, 05:45 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 27 2010, 12:21 PM
GAW, I'm watching the scene where Melanie is doing her "poor little me and my life" sob story to Vivian. I know I'm supposed to get the vibe that Vivian has regrets and lets Melanie know that, but this scene is WEIRD. Strange, strange vibe. Sorry, but I don't think Molly sold it, and I don't care if she comes cheap or not. This is an A story, and the A story isn't getting sold. I can't root for her just cause she's a newbie and someone's hometown girl. Newbies who want to be better get training, period. This is akin to constantly telling a school kid "GOOD job at opening the door. GOOD job! You whizzed without getting it all over the stool! Good job at not kicking JOhnny in the nuts". She's believing the hype. Someone, an experienced actor or someone, needs to set her straight. I've seen inexperienced actors her age on shows, and they're not this bad. If someone keeps telling her she's all that and a bag of chips, then they're not doing her any favors.
Great acting with SC and CC, although I'm still rather incredulous about how this whole thing is unraveling.
Agree with those about AS's rather milquetoast acting as a mom who has a missing-presumed-dead infant. She's an actress. Even though she knows that Sydney isn't dead, she should know that EVERYTHING she is acting is fiction. She gets paid to play pretend.
Suzanne Rogers is Da Bomb.
My heart shattered a little for Hope when Bo said he loved Carly. (Yes, I realize I'm probably getting my episodes mixed up). Love seeing the real Hope back instead of the Bitchmeister.
Philip, you're awesome. Cut your hair, sweetie. And get the lawyer ready. Time for the annullment.
Poor Officer-who-stood-by-door. Guy had to take a whizz SOMETIME!
I still think it's bad interpretation of the writing, and horrid direction. It's like the producers of the show are saying "good enough" cause of budget problems. They just don't have the money to do many retakes.

I can understand your not liking MB. My only reasons for liking her is because she is the hometown girl, and want to see her succeed. I am really hoping that some vets take her under their wings and give her the direction she isn't getting from the show. I see potential, but she needs direction. Just like Hope was OTT when she first came on scene (think the Bo stealing motorcycle scene) that was pretty OTT when I saw it again here in a thread a week or so ago.

Someone is telling MB her acting rocks, and that's why she continues to be OTT with her scenes. Not to mention the pre-emmy nom not helping...

EJ keeps wearing the same clothes over and over again in his scenes. I'll say it again, it looks like all his scenes were shot the same day, and stretched out over weeks...
Sorry, I watched those scenes. Hope was a much better actress way back then when She and Bo were kids. If anyone was over the top it was Bo. Having said that there is no comparison with MB`s acting today and theirs back then. They were still better than MB. She needs to be replaced. I find even the really young ones better than MB. Sorry, I find nothing interesting or talented in this actress. She is surrounded by the best and she still can`t pull if off -- she makes the best look bad. The only scenes I can barely tolerate are the ones with Maggie. But, then SR -- there is no one like her. She is so talented.

cici03

jane1978
Feb 27 2010, 06:48 PM
ladyofthelake
GAW, I'm watching the scene where Melanie is doing her "poor little me and my life" sob story to Vivian. I know I'm supposed to get the vibe that Vivian has regrets and lets Melanie know that, but this scene is WEIRD. Strange, strange vibe. Sorry, but I don't think Molly sold it, and I don't care if she comes cheap or not. This is an A story, and the A story isn't getting sold. I can't root for her just cause she's a newbie and someone's hometown girl. Newbies who want to be better get training, period. This is akin to constantly telling a school kid "GOOD job at opening the door. GOOD job! You whizzed without getting it all over the stool! Good job at not kicking JOhnny in the nuts". She's believing the hype. Someone, an experienced actor or someone, needs to set her straight. I've seen inexperienced actors her age on shows, and they're not this bad. If someone keeps telling her she's all that and a bag of chips, then they're not doing her any favors.
What is good and bad acting is subjective. I think she did wonderfull job most of this week and Iīm not alone. I love when she cries and still tries to laugh. Thatīs exactly what many strong willing people do when overblown by emotion. They are desperate to stay above it and not to feel sorry for themselves and they try laugh at it but the next second the emotions overcomes them and they start to cry again. Yes, Molly still looks like a little girl and watching her cry can be unconfortable, but so what? Itīs who she is. Itīs who Melanie is. Not everybody above 20 has to be necesseraly all boringly serious and in control all the time. Melanie is a uniq character played by a uniq actress. Thatīs what forced Corday to notice her and thatīs why she become so popular. Stripping her of that and forcing her to lost all her quirkiness and little girl cuteness would be like asking Jim Carrey to stop doing weird faces.

I will apologize to you in advance -- but, what I just read is a load of crap. SHE SUCKS BIG TIME -- those facial expressions are over the top. The stupid crying and throwing in the laughing is appalling and embarrassing and certainly not good acting.

cici03

IMissAremid
Feb 27 2010, 06:57 PM
Comparing her to Jim Carrey is an interesting analogy to make considering he is a hugely polarizing actor himself.

For me, my like of the person Molly Burnett overpowers whatever problems I have with her acting out the part of Melanie Layton, but I suppose that may be because I find more of the shortcomings of her character the fault of poor, inconsistent writing that disadvantages her as an actress rather than mistakes or deficiencies she has as a thespian.
Well, everyone gets the same direction and the same writing -- but, she is the worst actor on the show. How do we justify that???

cici03

lysie
Feb 28 2010, 07:44 PM
pixiedust
Feb 28 2010, 07:40 PM
MB is a Lucille Ball. Lucy's are unique and special in their own right and shouldn't be forced into dramatic scences of which they have no business being. It is unfair to the actress and dare I say to the viewers and her scene partners. Lucy's are rare so give the girl the correct material and let her shine in a good way!
Words can't describe how I feel about MB being compared to Lucille Ball.
Same here.

Kimber23

cici03
Mar 2 2010, 09:49 PM
jane1978
Feb 27 2010, 06:48 PM
ladyofthelake
What is good and bad acting is subjective. I think she did wonderfull job most of this week and Iīm not alone. I love when she cries and still tries to laugh. Thatīs exactly what many strong willing people do when overblown by emotion. They are desperate to stay above it and not to feel sorry for themselves and they try laugh at it but the next second the emotions overcomes them and they start to cry again. Yes, Molly still looks like a little girl and watching her cry can be unconfortable, but so what? Itīs who she is. Itīs who Melanie is. Not everybody above 20 has to be necesseraly all boringly serious and in control all the time. Melanie is a uniq character played by a uniq actress. Thatīs what forced Corday to notice her and thatīs why she become so popular. Stripping her of that and forcing her to lost all her quirkiness and little girl cuteness would be like asking Jim Carrey to stop doing weird faces.

I will apologize to you in advance -- but, what I just read is a load of crap. SHE SUCKS BIG TIME -- those facial expressions are over the top. The stupid crying and throwing in the laughing is appalling and embarrassing and certainly not good acting.
:cheer: :cheer: ITA CiCi. And let me add that little girl cuteness is adorable in Ciera because she actually is a little girl but to watch legal adult, newly married Melanie act like a child is beyond annoying. Jim Carrey's weird faces are comedic and made him the celebrity he is. He makes those faces for the purpose of comedy. Now he truly is unique. MB, not so much. She wears those weird facial expressions when there's nothing comedic about the material. She makes them thinking she's cute. She needs to reel it in and realize that she's on a daytime soap, not a Prime Time or big screen comedy.

I suggest to her she take the American Idol judges advice to the contestants to find out who they want to be as an artist. MB needs to find out who she wants to be as an actress and put her focus on developing that. There's only one person that does Rachel Green from Friends as no one else and that's her portrayer Jennifer Aniston. A good actor can study and learn from watching others and still make their character their own but MB is only mimicking what she watches and it shows.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

soccerandtvgirl
Feb 28 2010, 09:19 PM
I know this is such a random thought but I was catching up on Days this week and watching a scene with Sami, Rafe and EJ and something seemed a bit weird-physical wise. When Ali stands next to James the height different is extremely obvious. You know there is a foot different between them (she's 5'4'' and he's 6'4'') but yet, when Ali and Galen stand next to each other and even though Galen is supposed to only two inches shorter than James, it's not nearly as obvious the height different. It looks like only he's about 6 inches taller, 5'10'' or 5'11'' at a fair glance.

Just me and my random obervse.
GG is only two inches shorter than JS? I find that really hard to believe.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 3 2010, 04:46 PM
soccerandtvgirl
Feb 28 2010, 09:19 PM
I know this is such a random thought but I was catching up on Days this week and watching a scene with Sami, Rafe and EJ and something seemed a bit weird-physical wise. When Ali stands next to James the height different is extremely obvious. You know there is a foot different between them (she's 5'4'' and he's 6'4'') but yet, when Ali and Galen stand next to each other and even though Galen is supposed to only two inches shorter than James, it's not nearly as obvious the height different. It looks like only he's about 6 inches taller, 5'10'' or 5'11'' at a fair glance.

Just me and my random obervse.
GG is only two inches shorter than JS? I find that really hard to believe.
Yeah, I find that really hard to believe too. Come on he has to be way shorter. Just look at how he is always puffing himself up and being the manly man. He is obviously making up for something. Oh wait, you were referring to their heights. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply