Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: EJ Brings Sydney Home!; March 9th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Feb 24 2010, 01:21 PM (21,506 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

EJ Brings Sydney Home!

This week, Sami once again agrees to keep hush-hush about the ransom note EJ received from the Sydnapper, unaware that EJ is deceiving her.

Sami's first instinct is to tell Rafe because she doesn't want to repeat the same mistake she made before, but EJ implores her to keep quiet. As we all know, Sami is a good liar, but she hates the idea of withholding information from Rafe -- again. However, she'll do anything it takes to protect her daughter, even if it means withdrawing from Rafe and keeping this secret with EJ.

EJ stops by Sami's place with the ransom note and a video of Sydney, who appears to be alive. Sami is thrilled to see that her daughter isn't dead, and she and EJ bond. (Rejoice, EJAMIS!)

Alison Sweeney explains that Sami doesn't believe EJ is still upset with her. She thinks he's completely "over it" and he no longer holds a grudge. In Sami's mind, EJ has completely let go of the anger and resentment.

Unfortunately for Sami, EJ's deception is far from over. He tells her that the ransom note appears to be a fake, which sends Sami into instant hysteria. Later, Anna tears into EJ for being such a heartless bastard, which gives him a moment of important reflection. EJ realizes that he is no longer getting satisfaction out of doing these terrible things to Sami. His deception has gotten worse and worse over time, but now he's just "empty." EJ no longer gets joy out of hurting Sami, and for him, this is a pivotal realization.

By week's end, EJ delivers a miracle by walking into the Brady Pub with Sydney in his arms. At first, Sami can't believe her eyes. She can't believe that EJ is really there with her daughter in his arms. "She's obviously not on who did it or how as much as she is on Sydney," explains Sweeney. "Sami rejoices for a moment, and then she's like, 'You'll never know how much it means to me that you brought her back...'"

SOW:EJ Brings Sydney Home To Sami

Sami sees EJ as the hero when he brings Sydney back to her.

James says, “Now that EJ’s done this, it takes things back to a time when Sami had some faith in him. And that’s what he wants.”

He plans the reunion after a discussion about the latest ransom note. Sami wants to tell Rafe about it, but EJ talks to her about what happened last time when Rafe was told. Sami can’t argue with his logic and keeps quiet when Rafe shows up.

Later, EJ calls Sami and tells her to get rid of Rafe so he can deliver some news about Sydney. Sami agrees and EJ shows up with a demand from the kidnapper for them to log on to a website. It is a video that shows Sydney is still alive. Sami can tell it is recent because the baby is bigger. She is very happy.

EJ leaves but continues to monitor things at Sami’s computer with a computer program that he attached to the video. When Sami almost tells Rafe, EJ summons Sami and works on strengthening their bond.

Later, Anna rips into EJ about the cruel game he is playing with Sami. “Anna tries to convince EJ that he really loves Sami, but he doesn’t recognize that,” swears James Scott. “He just thinks he wants to get even with her for hiding Grace from him. It was a pretty lousy thing to do.”

EJ is feeling justified and continues taunting Sami by phoning her and telling her the whole ransom thing appears to be a hoax. Sami freaks out. Rafe tries to get Sami to open up about what is going on with EJ, but she stonewalls. “Sami’s sitting in the Brady Pub, talking about how sad she is and that she’s never going to see her daughter again, when EJ walks in with Sydney, “ recounts JS. “He’s like, ‘Look at what I found.’ Sami almost thinks it’s a dream.”

Sami can’t believe it and Ali says that Sami is “not focused on who did it or how, as much as she is on Sydney. Then after a celebration, she’s like, ‘You’ll never know how much it means to me that you brought her back.”

As for EJ, it’s a moment he has been waiting for. “EJ”s a hero. This part of his plan has gone right, “ says JS. “EJ has achieved something that Rafe couldn’t. He delivered Sydney to Sami, and she’s very grateful to him. It’s enough to let EJ be part of a relationship with Sami and Sydney. She’s not forgetting everything that’s happened, but it’s certainly a starting point, and that’s really what EJ is looking for.”
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really hope Nicole finds out what EJ did and gives him hell.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Looks like it's not a dream sequence! :tounge:

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Um...Yeah...Wow?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Feb 24 2010, 01:21 PM
Sami is thrilled to see that her daughter isn't dead, and she and EJ bond. (Rejoice, EJAMIS!)
ROFL. Whose editorial comment is this?

And all of this happening just in time for Nicole bust back on the scene and hopefully, figure things out--should be fun!

Thanks for posting, Kenny!

Vicky4Mimi

This won't get interesting till Rafe figures it all out. And I can't wait till Nicole finds out what ej did!

Mason
Member Avatar

About fucking time.

Now, if only we could be rid of Sami, Rafe, and hell, even E.J. at this point, I could really be happy.

peaches179

Please, let this storyline be over! Thanks Kenny! :)

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this but I can not really see this happening so suddenly. I know EJ seems like he is about to snap at times keeping up this ruse but to give up so fast does not seem like the EJ DiMera we know. The EJ that raped Sami to get what he wanted and did all the things he has done without an ounce of remorse would not give up on this deceptive vendetta so suddenly. I just can not buy into this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Is it just me or does this whole thing seem kind of... I dunno... anticlimactic?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Sydnapping is finally over -- but it seems idiotic for EJ to keep his daughter hidden for months and months only to randomly return her like this because he has a sudden change of heart. Where's the fanfare? Where's the big climax? Why couldn't EJ have reached this point back in December and returned his daughter then? It would've saved us a whole lot of time. In fact, this ENTIRE story feels like it's just been a colossal waste of time, especially with this latest anticlimactic development.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 24 2010, 01:38 PM
Is it just me or does this whole thing seem kind of... I dunno... anticlimactic?
Anticlimactic is what these writers do best.
Edited by Mason, Feb 24 2010, 01:41 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Oh if only bonding could mean they make hot dirty love on the floor!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 24 2010, 01:33 PM
Kenny
Feb 24 2010, 01:21 PM
Sami is thrilled to see that her daughter isn't dead, and she and EJ bond. (Rejoice, EJAMIS!)
ROFL. Whose editorial comment is this?
LoL. It's mine. I'm not biased though. Personally, I hope Rafe and EJ both tell her to kick rocks.

Manda1

These scenes do not seem exciting or tension filled at all because although we will all be glad the baby is no longer missing we know the story is far from over! This is too much of a damp squib of an ending as EJ's secret is well hidden. I hope the show ends with some cliff hanger like Nicole putting a call into a freaked out Anna or if Anna is at the pub - and Syndey runs into her arms - cause she can walk now can't she? :lol:

I hope it plays out more interesting that his sounds - hey the boringness of this summary is no reflection on you Kenny I'm sure you did a great job summarising what little information there was there :sleep:

peaches179

Mason
Feb 24 2010, 01:36 PM
About fucking time.

Now, if only we could be rid of Sami, Rafe, and hell, even E.J. at this point, I could really be happy.
LOL! Even though I would love to see some Ej/Arianna in scenes together, I could deal with not seeing Ej for a while. :)

Harmony233

Kenny

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Sydnapping is finally over -- but it seems idiotic for EJ to keep his daughter hidden for months and months only to randomly return her like this because he has a sudden change of heart. Where's the fanfare? Where's the big climax? Why couldn't have EJ have reached this point back in December and returned his daughter then? It would've saved us a whole lot of time. In fact, this ENTIRE story feels like it's just been a colossal waste of time, especially with this latest anticlimactic development.
IA I find it kinda of lame.we had to sit through this story for months and Ej's revenge and then all of a sudden he decides to bring sydney back.Thats kinda lame

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Sydnapping is finally over -- but it seems idiotic for EJ to keep his daughter hidden for months and months only to randomly return her like this because he has a sudden change of heart. Where's the fanfare? Where's the big climax? Why couldn't EJ have reached this point back in December and returned his daughter then? It would've saved us a whole lot of time. In fact, this ENTIRE story feels like it's just been a colossal waste of time, especially with this latest anticlimactic development.
I was about to post the exact same thing. I realize there's more left to the story, but this has got to be the dumbest kidnapping resolution ever, and EJ just looks like an idiot. I don't know what would have really worked better (um....how about not having her kidnapped a third time for starters) but this is just stupid. I knew it was coming, but reading it's imminence just...man, this is a bad story!

six
Member Avatar

Kenny

It's not just you. I don't think things were received the way TPTB had hoped, and they decided to wrap things up.

At least that's what I hope happened, because if this was the plan all along, you have to wonder why they bothered.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

What? EJ just decides that he's sick of the charade and gets no pleasure out of making Sami squirm so...he just brings the baby home? Seriously? I really hope there's more to it than that, otherwise I'm going to be royally ticked that I wasted a year and a half on this story!!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Unfortunately for Sami, EJ's deception is far from over. He tells her that the ransom note appears to be a fake, which sends Sami into instant hysteria.

Fuck you, EJ! The last thing I need to see is YET ANOTHER scrunchy-faced ugly cry from Sami.

I don't honestly even understand what it is that triggers his change of heart. I mean, he's still torturing her right before he brings Syd home and realizes he's just not enjoying hurting Sami like he used to? If they explained he was tired of her red-faced hissy fits too I'd understand it better.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply