Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Possible Days Preemption on West Coast, other cities Fri 2/26; NBC to Carry USA Semi Final Hockey Game Live
Topic Started: Feb 24 2010, 06:13 PM (1,680 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Source: TV by the Numbers

FRIDAY’S USA SEMIFINAL MEN’S HOCKEY GAME LIVE IN ALL TIME ZONES; 3 P.M. ET/12 NOON PT ON NBC

VANCOUVER – February 24, 2010 – The USA semifinal men’s hockey game against the winner of the Czech Republic vs. Finland will be broadcast live in all time zones on NBC this Friday at 3 p.m. ET.

USA vs. Czech Republic/Finland winner:

3 p.m. ET, 2 p.m. CT, 1 p.m. MT, 12 noon PT

TV Guide also confirmed it with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/status/9596864543

NBC Olympic hockey update: Friday's game between the USA and CZE/FIN winner will be live in all timezones 3pm/ET, 2pm/CT, 1pm/MT, noon/PT
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, Days better not have it count in the ratings because this means they will tank.

I'm beginning to think they handled this all wrong. They should've had all the big stuff happen the first two weeks of sweeps or just waited until March because the past two weeks has seen some people not even get the show. I will be surprised as hell if the numbers manage to even stay the same. I'm thinking the show is going to fall and it's a shame because they came into this period riding a ratings high and had so much big stuff going on. They could've continued to surge. Ugh.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Interesting...

It may be just me but NBC's coverage of these Olympics has been very poor..I'll leave at that before I get slammed and egged. I probably will get bashed anyways..Oh well.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Good news. LoL.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Ally
Feb 24 2010, 06:45 PM
Interesting...

It may be just me but NBC's coverage of these Olympics has been very poor..I'll leave at that before I get slammed and egged. I probably will get bashed anyways..Oh well.
No slamming or egging here. NBC's sports coverage has always sucked ass.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ally
Interesting...

Why would you get bashed? I find your view interesting.

I've been watching it but I haven't really found issues technically with it. I don't like how many of the big events air later then they should.

My biggest issue is that Days never promoted the preemption last Monday and then planned all of it's sweeps stuff to go along with the Olympics when many people either had the show shifted around on their affiliate or they didn't get to see it at all unless they watch online or on Soapnet. Stupid. The show should've planned it better and/or not counted the two weeks. Now, they could lose all the momentum they had.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

PhoenixRising05
Feb 24 2010, 07:03 PM
Ally
Interesting...

I've been watching it but I haven't really found issues technically with it. I don't like how many of the big events air later then they should.

My biggest issue is that Days never promoted the preemption last Monday and then planned all of it's sweeps stuff to go along with the Olympics when many people either had the show shifted around on their affiliate or they didn't get to see it at all unless they watch online or on Soapnet. Stupid. The show should've planned it better and/or not counted the two weeks. Now, they could lose all the momentum they had.
I'm just surprised how NBC hasn't shown any events with the exception of this upcoming hockey game, when Lindsey Vonn won gold.

Heck..what shocked me the MOST out of everything was they didn't show the Men's Hockey of Canada vs. USA game LIVE on NBC - it was other stuff that took place earlier in the day..But yeah...Come tommrow, I wonder if it will even air the Women's hockey of Canada vs. USA for GOLD.

:shrug:

NBC has covered past Olympics so much better... Then again, I'm bias because I'm watching all my CTV coverage LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ally
Feb 24 2010, 07:07 PM
PhoenixRising05
Ally
Interesting...

I'm just surprised how NBC hasn't shown any events with the exception of this upcoming hockey game, when Lindsey Vonn won gold.

Heck..what shocked me the MOST out of everything was they didn't show the Men's Hockey of Canada vs. USA game LIVE on NBC - it was other stuff that took place earlier in the day..But yeah...Come tommrow, I wonder if it will even air the Women's hockey of Canada vs. USA for GOLD.

NBC has covered past Olympics so much better... Then again, I'm bias because I'm watching all my CTV coverage LOL.
So, your upset that they didn't focus much on the other events but rather chose to highlight the hyped athletes like Ohno, Vonn, Davis, White, etc? Am I correct?

I've noticed that in the past decade. They tend to focus on a few athletes and everything else sort of is slopped together like it doesn't matter. Seriously, when you get a night with none of those athletes on and no women's figure skating, it looks like they could care less.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

PhoenixRising05
Feb 24 2010, 07:10 PM
Ally
Feb 24 2010, 07:07 PM
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

So, your upset that they didn't focus much on the other events but rather chose to highlight the hyped athletes like Ohno, Vonn, Davis, White, etc? Am I correct?

I've noticed that in the past decade. They tend to focus on a few athletes and everything else sort of is slopped together like it doesn't matter. Seriously, when you get a night with none of those athletes on and no women's figure skating, it looks like they could care less.
It's more than that - They should focus on all athletes.. I don't know how to further explain myself without confusing myself LOL

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The only events they cover semi well is Sunday night NFL and the Masters. Their Olympic coverage has always been terrible, even when they did the Summer Games.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Feb 24 2010, 07:20 PM
The only events they cover semi well is Sunday night NFL and the Masters. Their Olympic coverage has always been terrible, even when they did the Summer Games.
Well, the summer games didn't come off looking as bad because everything was on Micheal Phelps. He was pretty much the only reason to watch. That and the gymnastics. The only thing they botched was the basketball.

I'm not even sure their football coverage is good. Their pre-game is all over the place because they have too many people. And their golf coverage blows because they don't have enough quality analysts.

I think they cover what they think people care about with the Olympics and they probably have it right. It should be better but, sadly, the Olympics seems to have become all about only certain athletes over the years.

I do get what Ally means though. It is frustrating because while I want to see the major athletes, there are other events that get shafted too.

dooldooldool

OneBadKitty
CBS has broadcast The Masters since 1956.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Damn, shouldnt of clicked on this link....West Coast peeps are just watching the USA V Swiss.....

Oh, well....totally figures...I hate NBC's coverage! :flipoff:=NBC

As for the schedule....I rather watch Hockey....curling....cards..then DAYS

dooldooldool

PhoenixRising05
My biggest issue is that Days never promoted the preemption last Monday and then planned all of it's sweeps stuff to go along with the Olympics when many people either had the show shifted around on their affiliate or they didn't get to see it at all unless they watch online or on Soapnet.
NBC is desperately trying to revive its prime time and late night ratings, so it's hardly surprising that DOOL gets zero promotion. That means endless promos for "Parenthood" and Jay Leno's return to "The Tonight Show", not for their sole daytime hour.

I know that some affiliates moved DOOL since NBC mandated Olympic coverage from 3-5PM (ET+PT) and 2-4PM (CT+MT). Whatever programming was scheduled for those hours had to be moved, whether it was Oprah or Ellen or DOOL.

I haven't seen that ANY market has "lost" DOOL during this time. And frankly, what is the percentage of viewers watching "live" each day? 80%? 50%? 20%? We will never really know, but I know I haven't watched it live since my first VCR in 1985 -- even on days when I am home with nothing to do. Maybe twice in ten years -- those rare "Big Event Days" -- I'll tape from 1-2PM, then start my tape at 202PM and be done at 242PM. Usually it's more likely I will cue up the recording at 6PM or 9PM or 1AM or on the weekend when I have 4-5 episodes stockpiled. The show is repeated 3 times a day on SoapNet and is now available online from multiple sources (nbc.com, aol, youtube), so viewers can see the show in many ways not available just a few years ago.

Friday's show will probably not be counted in the official ratings. We will find out shortly how the ratings have been during the Olympics. In past years, other programming on NBC has benefited mostly because a certain percentage of folks don't change the channel on their television sets (sounds bizarre, I know). It wouldn't surprise me if DOOL experienced the same bump.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

NBC's Olympic coverage sucks and the way they pepper the evening coverage with for example the figure skating performances throughout the hours they are on annoys the hell out of me. If you turn the channel you may miss someone's performance because you don't want to watch the the skiing biathlon and etc. It also sucks a lot of the excitement and the special feeling that one gets when watching an event they enjoy.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Feb 24 2010, 08:01 PM
OneBadKitty
CBS has broadcast The Masters since 1956.
Maybe it was another Major I was thinking of...? :embarrassed:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

OneBadKitty
Feb 24 2010, 07:02 PM
Ally
Interesting...

No slamming or egging here. NBC's sports coverage has always sucked ass.
NBC used to have very good NBA coverage. ABC and ESPN are the ones who suck ass when it comes to the NBA.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

NBC also used to have NASCAR coverage and they sucked ass at that too especially with the annoying alcoholic Bill Webber..... :flipoff:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It was another Major I was thinking of: the US Open.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I agree that it was ridiculous that they chose not to show the USA vs Canada men's hockey game on 'free' TV. A huge game and it gets shoved over to CNBC - just ridiculous!

It seems to me they tend to focus on individual athletes/sports rather than team sports.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply