Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of March 8th; *UPDATED 3/6*
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:08 PM (16,437 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Criss33
Mar 7 2010, 11:48 PM
Samantha Dimera
Mar 7 2010, 11:23 PM
I never understand when people say a character is irredeemable because any character no matter what he or she does is redeemable in the land of soaps. Nicole stole EJami's child but she's redeemable. Sami kept the truth about EJami's baby until she thought their baby was dead but she still redeemable. Kate poisened Chloe. Stefano's done a whole mess of shit but I don't think any of us can hate him for it-does he have ANY haters? There isn't one character on any soap(except for children under 12) that hasn't done something that is consdered irredeemable in real life- and been redeemed because they're on a soap.

There's always fans on the side willing for a chance to have their favorite character redeemed so any characters are easily redeemable. That word is really starting to annoy me. Irredeemable. Ugh!

On another note. I don't love that Sami keeps going back to Rafe making sure he still loves her. I don't love it, I don't watch it but I get it. And I'm glad she's doing it because it only shows how much bigger it's gonna be when she drops him for EJ.

I's always gotsta gets my Ejami jab in there somewhere- Yes I do!
I agree with you!!! We will take a "redeemed" character with a good s/l that explains why he/she did what they did (SORRY i know you don't want to hear that word i will try not to use it).. But we(i mean viewers) will not take a character that is not true to themselves like Sami. Her character has been changed 360 degrees to fit Rafe's personality better. They have taken her power to be a strong person and turned her to this submissive, dependant, unable to make her own decision, a total weak character, so rafe comes out looking stronger not her equal . I really liked Sami's character before, i don't like her running after rafe everytime.. I can see EJ wanting to rattle her cage , maybe she will wake up to how she used to be...
Sami's character was changed long before Rafe came on the scene. Her character started to change after 12/06, and she has never been that coniving, scheming person since. Yes, she hid her pregnancy from EJ, but that was IMO, more of a mommy protective mode than anything else. I don't think we will ever see that "old sami" again-- at least not as long as these writers are on the scene. To me, Sami seems to be a weaker character not b/c of Rafe, but b/c of what she has been through for the past year and a half: witnessing a murder, Being away from her family and kids in WP, losing a child she thought was hers, having her real daugher kidnapped from her. No one is going to be the same person after all that. Even AS said in an interview that Sami had changed b/c of the death of Grace.
Did anyone ever think that the character of Rafe was brought in to better suit the new Sami, instead of the other way around???
Edited by magicsteacher, Mar 8 2010, 01:32 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

magicsteacher
Mar 8 2010, 01:32 PM
Criss33
Samantha Dimera
Mar 7 2010, 11:23 PM
I never understand when people say a character is irredeemable because any character no matter what he or she does is redeemable in the land of soaps. Nicole stole EJami's child but she's redeemable. Sami kept the truth about EJami's baby until she thought their baby was dead but she still redeemable. Kate poisened Chloe. Stefano's done a whole mess of shit but I don't think any of us can hate him for it-does he have ANY haters? There isn't one character on any soap(except for children under 12) that hasn't done something that is consdered irredeemable in real life- and been redeemed because they're on a soap.

There's always fans on the side willing for a chance to have their favorite character redeemed so any characters are easily redeemable. That word is really starting to annoy me. Irredeemable. Ugh!

On another note. I don't love that Sami keeps going back to Rafe making sure he still loves her. I don't love it, I don't watch it but I get it. And I'm glad she's doing it because it only shows how much bigger it's gonna be when she drops him for EJ.

I's always gotsta gets my Ejami jab in there somewhere- Yes I do!
I agree with you!!! We will take a "redeemed" character with a good s/l that explains why he/she did what they did (SORRY i know you don't want to hear that word i will try not to use it).. But we(i mean viewers) will not take a character that is not true to themselves like Sami. Her character has been changed 360 degrees to fit Rafe's personality better. They have taken her power to be a strong person and turned her to this submissive, dependant, unable to make her own decision, a total weak character, so rafe comes out looking stronger not her equal . I really liked Sami's character before, i don't like her running after rafe everytime.. I can see EJ wanting to rattle her cage , maybe she will wake up to how she used to be...
Sami's character was changed long before Rafe came on the scene. Her character started to change after 12/06, and she has never been that coniving, scheming person since. Yes, she hid her pregnancy from EJ, but that was IMO, more of a mommy protective mode than anything else. I don't think we will ever see that "old sami" again-- at least not as long as these writers are on the scene. To me, Sami seems to be a weaker character not b/c of Rafe, but b/c of what she has been through for the past year and a half: witnessing a murder, Being away from her family and kids in WP, losing a child she thought was hers, having her real daugher kidnapped from her. No one is going to be the same person after all that. Even AS said in an interview that Sami had changed b/c of the death of Grace.
Did anyone ever think that the character of Rafe was brought in to better suit the new Sami, instead of the other way around???
Nope.

I think Sami has been through a lot but hell she was on death-row for something she didn't do and she still got her spunk back! I wholly blame Rafe- If she's still like this when she breaks it off with Rafe for longer than a week. I'll consider that it isn't Brick's fault-though as of now- It's all on Rafe IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera
Mar 8 2010, 03:00 PM
magicsteacher
Criss33

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Nope.

I think Sami has been through a lot but hell she was on death-row for something she didn't do and she still got her spunk back! I wholly blame Rafe- If she's still like this when she breaks it off with Rafe for longer than a week. I'll consider that it isn't Brick's fault-though as of now- It's all on Rafe IMO.
She was like this pre-Rafe, though. Other than a couple of Nicole scenes (and actually...some scenes with Rafe in WP) it's pretty hard to find any spunky Sami in 2008.

Kiren
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 03:03 PM
Samantha Dimera
Mar 8 2010, 03:00 PM
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepDid anyone ever think that the character of Rafe was brought in to better suit the new Sami, instead of the other way around???
Nope.

She was like this pre-Rafe, though. Other than a couple of Nicole scenes (and actually...some scenes with Rafe in WP) it's pretty hard to find any spunky Sami in 2008.
I loved the Nicole/Sami dynamic. Too bad the writers had to go and ruin it. Maybe it'll be salvageable when this SL blows over.

torn

I'm still on the Ejami bandwagon. And this is coming from a former Lumi shipper. Sami and EJ bring out the best in each other. EJ pulled away from his Dimera roots in order to feel worthy of her, but of course Stefano kind of ruined that. And their love/hate relationship gives Sami some of her old spunk. EJ knows how to push her buttons, and knows where the edge is, and (unless he's hurt, angry, and stuck on stupid) doesn't push her over it.

There is fire, and there is chemistry. No matter how much anyone says that tptb are pushing for SAFE, I don't buy it. If SAFE was supposed to be the couple to root for, they wouldn't have the chemistry of a wet dish rag.

And Rafe treats Sami like she were a child. He's this generations Roman. Maybe that's why there is no chemistry. It's like Sami is dating her father.
Edited by torn, Mar 8 2010, 05:18 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

torn
Mar 8 2010, 05:17 PM
Sami and EJ bring out the best in each other.
Are you fucking kidding me?
EJ just told her that their child just died just so he can watch her suffer and play her like a puppet. Sami hid their child from him and only told him about it when Grace died so he would make her feel worse.
This is the best in each other?

I appreciate all the EJamis trying to pull together during this "rough period" and coming out to push, push, push that this is an Ejami story, but until there is shown to be one ounce of RECIPROCATING, UNMANIPULATIVE emotion between the two, can we just call it like it is?

Sami told Rafe that she loved him and they were all goo goo while EJ looked on, and EJ is lying his ass off and can't stop flipflopping and we are back to Lumi part II where he has to use the only leverage he has, his kids, to get Sami to come anywhere near him.
Did anyone watch this besides me?

Kiren
Member Avatar

Fine - EJ and Sami bring out the worst in eachother and they're still fuck-awesome!

Lol-I actually don't watch unless EJami are on and if Rafe comes in I fastforward. Even If there's a possibility of good EJami-he just brings the whole scene...the whole episode down.

torn

Alligato
Mar 8 2010, 05:33 PM
torn
EJ just told her that their child just died just so he can watch her suffer and play her like a puppet. Sami hid their child from him and only told him about it when Grace died so he would make her feel worse.

I appreciate all the EJamis trying to pull together during this "rough period" and coming out to push, push, push that this is an Ejami story, but until there is shown to be one ounce of RECIPROCATING, UNMANIPULATIVE emotion between the two, can we just call it like it is?

Sami told Rafe that she loved him and they were all goo goo while EJ looked on, and EJ is lying his ass off and can't stop flipflopping and we are back to Lumi part II where he has to use the only leverage he has, his kids, to get Sami to come anywhere near him.
Did you miss the part where I said "when he isn't hurt, angry and stuck on stupid"? Both Sami AND EJ have done some shitty manipulative things not only to each other, but other people too. Whether it's because they want to be with someone and they are scheming to break a couple apart, or because they are angry and hurt and make stupid decisions. No matter what 180 they've got Sami on right now, that's always been the core of who she was. And if she was deemed worthy for redemption in the eyes of Austin, Lucas, Carrie......etc, why isn't EJ worthy of the same level of forgiveness. Heck, I remember that Lucas once faked Wil's possible demise in order to lure Sami to a cliff so that he and Kate could kill her. Sami accused Lucas of abusing Wil in order to get sole custody. And Sami and Lucas ended up married.

But when Ejami are together, he pulls away from his father's influence and focuses on her. She has her spunk, yet isn't out to manipulate anything either.

Criss33
Member Avatar

Alligato
torn

EJ loves Sami for who she is, the whole package. They both are very similar in how they react to situations, someone backs them into a corner, they will come out fighting, they are equal partners in every-way. He never treats her like a child, no woman wants to be treated like that...

EJ and Sami's relationship is intriguing and complicated and interesting on so many levels, has alot of depth and emotions tied into it and that is why alot of people love to see them together and want more of them..

Fortunately EJ and Sami's relationship has never been called unimaginative, borning, tedious, dull, monotonous, uninteresting, unexciting, unwatchable. I would take a MANIPULATIVE character/ couple (Sami has done her share of manipulating) on my soap anyday of the week versus a boring character
/ couple, It is the manipulation that makes soaps operas exciting to watch.

I will say it again without EJ this show will be very DULL & BORING. EJ's character's motives the other characters to react (with emotions) without him you would see Rafe packing and upacking his two boxes, moving out moving back in, "WOW" that is what i call "must see watch TV"!!!!! :sleep:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

The show will survive without EJ...he's only been around for 3/4 years? If the show survived Dee and Drake leaving, surely they can survive EJ. (Especially this EJ.)

You show me where's the depth to the EJ and Sami relationship. Their fans love to say that they havent been given a chance, that they writers dont write for them, that they are the golden ticket, that they ooze chemistry, etc...if that is the case, they we show have them on DAYS? GTs all about the bottom line, so why not put the "golden ticket" out there?

This regime has never written for EJ and Sami, so after this awful Syndapping SL, you think they will write for EJ and Sami being together?

That's my problem with all this cheerleading for this couple. IMO there are no sign that EJ and Sami are going to be written in a way that's romantic/loving/fun, etc...You claim they are going to do this, them in the same breath, people complain that GG is his pet. Well, which is it? Is GT going to break up SAFE for your couple? Really? After all the promotion SAFE do for DAYS?

You might get feelings, but they will be fake and only to set up Sami running back to Rafe because she lost her brain trusting a man who has only abused her-both emotionally and physically.

torn

You're taking this awfully personally.

I'm certainly not saying that EJ and Sami are destined to be a couple under this writing team.

Actually, I see quite the opposite. It doesn't mean however that I don't enjoy them as a couple.

It could have something to do with how I love JS. He's hot, he's british, and has a god damn sexy accent. And pairing him with any other woman besides Sami or Nicole wtouldn't be fair to that woman. He's got to have a woman as capable of manipulation as he is. I root for Ejami, cause both EJ and Sami have the potential to be better people when they are together.

And who ever said that kidnapping and faking the death of his own baby is unredeemable.

In the real world rape is unforgivable. But in Salem Sami forgave EJ, just as every other man in soap history was forgiven.

Hell, I know they aren't from days, but didn't Luke rape Laura, and they are one of the soap world's most cherished supercouples now.

Breathe and calm down. I like Ejami. And you aren't going to convince me to jump to your ship. I'm not telling you that you HAVE to like them as a couple. Please don't try to make me like yours. I don't like the DAYs writers force feeding me SAFE, I don't need you to do it either.

Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? Mine happens to differ from yours. If you want to watch a dull, possesive guy walk all over Sami, that's your cup of tea.

I personally want her with a man who challenges her on all levels, and loves her for who she is. Not who they think she SHOULD be.
Edited by torn, Mar 8 2010, 08:16 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 8 2010, 08:03 PM
The show will survive without EJ...he's only been around for 3/4 years? If the show survived Dee and Drake leaving, surely they can survive EJ. (Especially this EJ.)

You show me where's the depth to the EJ and Sami relationship. Their fans love to say that they havent been given a chance, that they writers dont write for them, that they are the golden ticket, that they ooze chemistry, etc...if that is the case, they we show have them on DAYS? GTs all about the bottom line, so why not put the "golden ticket" out there?

This regime has never written for EJ and Sami, so after this awful Syndapping SL, you think they will write for EJ and Sami being together?

That's my problem with all this cheerleading for this couple. IMO there are no sign that EJ and Sami are going to be written in a way that's romantic/loving/fun, etc...You claim they are going to do this, them in the same breath, people complain that GG is his pet. Well, which is it? Is GT going to break up SAFE for your couple? Really? After all the promotion SAFE do for DAYS?

You might get feelings, but they will be fake and only to set up Sami running back to Rafe because she lost her brain trusting a man who has only abused her-both emotionally and physically.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Edited by magicsteacher, Mar 8 2010, 08:42 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

torn
Mar 8 2010, 08:16 PM
You're taking this awfully personally.

I'm certainly not saying that EJ and Sami are destined to be a couple under this writing team.

Actually, I see quite the opposite. It doesn't mean however that I don't enjoy them as a couple.

It could have something to do with how I love JS. He's hot, he's british, and has a god damn sexy accent. And pairing him with any other woman besides Sami or Nicole wtouldn't be fair to that woman. He's got to have a woman as capable of manipulation as he is. I root for Ejami, cause both EJ and Sami have the potential to be better people when they are together.

And who ever said that kidnapping and faking the death of his own baby is unredeemable.

In the real world rape is unforgivable. But in Salem Sami forgave EJ, just as every other man in soap history was forgiven.

Hell, I know they aren't from days, but didn't Luke rape Laura, and they are one of the soap world's most cherished supercouples now.

Breathe and calm down. I like Ejami. And you aren't going to convince me to jump to your ship. I'm not telling you that you HAVE to like them as a couple. Please don't try to make me like yours. I don't like the DAYs writers force feeding me SAFE, I don't need you to do it either.

Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? Mine happens to differ from yours. If you want to watch a dull, possesive guy walk all over Sami, that's your cup of tea.

I personally want her with a man who challenges her on all levels, and loves her for who she is. Not who they think she SHOULD be.
I dont know who you are talking to, but if you are talking to me and want to debate, great, just dont tell me to "breath and clam down." We debate respectfully here.

No ones trying to convince anyone to stop liking whom you like. I dont even like SAFE. IMO, the writers are writing SAFE as the rooting couple and EJ as the interloper. I'm asking for examples of where EJ is seen other then an obstacle for SAFE. There may be examples in the future, but as of now, I don't see EJ and Sami as a couple and certainly not a rooting one.

Quote:

Where did I say this in my post? I have never claimed that EJ cannot be redeemed.

Quote:

And pairing him with any other woman besides Sami or Nicole wtouldn't be fair to that woman.

This I agree with....EJ and Nicole are cut from the same cloth!

Quote:

Agreed!

Kiren
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
The show will survive without EJ and/or Sami- but I don't see anything interesting coming if they're gone. There are always huge stories revolving around them ever since EJ entered the scene! There always being talked about everywhere all the time. (though I don't think Tomlin would dare to get rid of one of his few top dogs left on the show-who else is left? Bope.)

And I'll never understand anyone's interest with Safe- I just groan every time I see Rafe on lately. Can't wait until he's out of their lives.

Say all you want- EJami will be given their chance. EJami always revolve around eachother and always will. Dena said she was setting the table for EJami in the long run so I'm keepin' my hopes high. This is a soap! The best couples always come in the most difficult ways. Safe was easy and...pleasepardon the shitass pun-safe. Never could last as a couple that has the ability to impress the GA.They never had nor will they ever have the 'wow factor' And when they're over I can finally go back to watching regularly. Geez at least I could stomach Lumi, Rafe on the other hand. :puke:

Oh and totally agree with ya 'torn', well said. :cheer:

Alligato
Member Avatar

torn
Mar 8 2010, 07:10 PM
Alligato
torn

Did you miss the part where I said "when he isn't hurt, angry and stuck on stupid"? Both Sami AND EJ have done some shitty manipulative things not only to each other, but other people too. Whether it's because they want to be with someone and they are scheming to break a couple apart, or because they are angry and hurt and make stupid decisions. No matter what 180 they've got Sami on right now, that's always been the core of who she was. And if she was deemed worthy for redemption in the eyes of Austin, Lucas, Carrie......etc, why isn't EJ worthy of the same level of forgiveness. Heck, I remember that Lucas once faked Wil's possible demise in order to lure Sami to a cliff so that he and Kate could kill her. Sami accused Lucas of abusing Wil in order to get sole custody. And Sami and Lucas ended up married.

But when Ejami are together, he pulls away from his father's influence and focuses on her. She has her spunk, yet isn't out to manipulate anything either.
When EJami was together, all Sami did was manipulate him. And if she wasn't manipulating him, he was manipulating her.
The two seconds that EJami had a chance, meaning when EJ was pushing a stroller and Sami held his balls in her purse, they were so damn boring. Kind of like people talk about Rafe and Sami. Maybe its Sami...anytime she is in a relationship, she turns boring and all the do is screw...well, except for EJ. They just turned boring and had a small encounter before bolting.

But that is neither here nor there.
Some people like their cucumbers better pickled.

What I am saying is that people are knocking down the DR walls proclaiming that all roads lead back to EJami, and I was wondering if anyone was watching what I am watching. Because what I am seeing isn't anywhere near that. Is that truly what people who are watching this show are seeing?

I couldn't give a shit about redemption. I couldn't give a shit about EJ's rape of Sami.
That's not what I was referring to. But if JS's accent and good looks keep people holding on, I guess I understand that cuz it definitely isn't anything else.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 8 2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:

And pairing him with any other woman besides Sami or Nicole wtouldn't be fair to that woman.

This I agree with....EJ and Nicole are cut from the same cloth!

Not at all. As soon as Nicole became a Dimera-she became their lapdog. That's the only reason Stefano liked her so much. because she wasn't a fighter like Sami. Now that she may have some spunk back-it's too late cause' EJ hates her ass. Hope his still planning on some good ol' Dimera payback! First up-an annulment.

Criss33
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days

"OH" don't get me wrong the show will survive but the ratings wonít !!!
They are the "Golden ticket" for DOOLs because alot of people are watching to see when this couple will be together, steady viewership is always good for a shows ratings. Tptb know this and are milking every second of them being apart for all it's worth, alot of the fanbase wars are created by PR dept from the shows to increase the number of new viewers (which they have been doing as a result of the Sydnapping) And using EJ and Sami's (will they or wouldn't they be together after what EJ has done??) as a catalyst to get everyone talking and watching... "Golden Ticket".....

Rafe will not break-up safe, but Sami will break them up. Cause she will have alot of unresolved feelings for EJ . And when that comes out Rafe will know it is time to move on. Not leaving the show but possibly in a new relationship with Nicole (I know what you are thinking, NO WAY RIGHT????) I think once Nicole comes out of jail she will eventually help Rafe to track down the mastermind behind the kidnapping, they will put the difference aside, after all they both don't like EJ (common point) onething will lead to another. GT will put his BFF in another relationship with a great atress AZ, i really think that relationship will have endless possiblities "boring" it will never be!!!! Just a thought :popcorn:

Kiren
Member Avatar

Criss33
Mar 8 2010, 09:22 PM
Liz<3Days

They are the "Golden ticket" for DOOLs because alot of people are watching to see when this couple will be together, steady viewership is always good for a shows ratings. Tptb know this and are milking every second of them being apart for all it's worth, alot of the fanbase wars are created by PR dept from the shows to increase the number of new viewers (which they have been doing as a result of the Sydnapping) And using EJ and Sami's (will they or wouldn't they be together after what EJ has done??) as a catalyst to get everyone talking and watching... "Golden Ticket".....

Rafe will not break-up safe, but Sami will break them up. Cause she will have alot of unresolved feelings for EJ . And when that comes out Rafe will know it is time to move on. Not leaving the show but possibly in a new relationship with Nicole (I know what you are thinking, NO WAY RIGHT????) I think once Nicole comes out of jail she will eventually help Rafe to track down the mastermind behind the kidnapping, they will put the difference aside, after all they both don't like EJ (common point) onething will lead to another. GT will put his BFF in another relationship with a great atress AZ, i really think that relationship will have endless possiblities "boring" it will never be!!!! Just a thought :popcorn:
Agreee with a lot but Rafe and Nicole won't team up to track down the kidnapper-EJ. Because Nicole will already know...they could team up to bring him down if they'd wanted to...I don't think Rafe can take Nicole though.She's too much for him- he'd bring her down like he did w/Sami I think she'lll get Brady in the end.
Edited by Kiren, Mar 8 2010, 09:32 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Criss33
Liz<3Days

People said the same thing about Marlena and John- the show and the ratings will never survive without them. People will quit watching. Well, it hasn't happened. The writers are not writing for Ejami. If they were, they would have been slowly moving them toward each other and phasing out SAFE, which they have had lots of opportunities to do. They are writing for SAFE-- giving them obstacles in their relationship and letting them work out problems.
Sami doesn't have any unresolved feelings for Ej. If she does, where and what are they? She doesn't love him, but she is greatful to him for bringing Sydney back b/c she thinks he has really done it-- like on the up and up. Wait until she finds out what he has done-- her feelings for Ej will come out, alright-- hate, contempt, loathing and disgust. That's no golden ticket, IMO.

Kiren
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Mar 8 2010, 09:31 PM
Criss33
Liz<3Days

People said the same thing about Marlena and John- the show and the ratings will never survive without them. People will quit watching. Well, it hasn't happened. The writers are not writing for Ejami. If they were, they would have been slowly moving them toward each other and phasing out SAFE, which they have had lots of opportunities to do. They are writing for SAFE-- giving them obstacles in their relationship and letting them work out problems.
Sami doesn't have any unresolved feelings for Ej. If she does, where and what are they? She doesn't love him, but she is greatful to him for bringing Sydney back b/c she thinks he has really done it-- like on the up and up. Wait until she finds out what he has done-- her feelings for Ej will come out, alright-- hate, contempt, loathing and disgust. That's no golden ticket, IMO.
Just be patient. Wait and see-I've learned to be patient for EJami. I say (like I've said before) we'll have inklings of feelings by March's end. Can't wait for May sweeps!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply