Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of March 8th; *UPDATED 3/6*
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:08 PM (16,558 Views)
Criss33
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera
Mar 8 2010, 09:34 PM
magicsteacher
Mar 8 2010, 09:31 PM
Criss33
Mar 8 2010, 09:22 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
People said the same thing about Marlena and John- the show and the ratings will never survive without them. People will quit watching. Well, it hasn't happened. The writers are not writing for Ejami. If they were, they would have been slowly moving them toward each other and phasing out SAFE, which they have had lots of opportunities to do. They are writing for SAFE-- giving them obstacles in their relationship and letting them work out problems.
Sami doesn't have any unresolved feelings for Ej. If she does, where and what are they? She doesn't love him, but she is greatful to him for bringing Sydney back b/c she thinks he has really done it-- like on the up and up. Wait until she finds out what he has done-- her feelings for Ej will come out, alright-- hate, contempt, loathing and disgust. That's no golden ticket, IMO.
Just be patient. Wait and see-I've learned to be patient for EJami. I say (like I've said before) we'll have inklings of feelings by March's end. Can't wait for May sweeps!
Totally agree with you Samantha Dimera!!! That her and his feelings will be surfacing soon!!Remember Sami doesn't know how EJ really feels for her (it is apparent to us the viewers cause Anna, Stefano, Nicole all have called him on it)!! Sami thinks that EJ has moved on with his life and has forgiven her for not telling him about their daughter and that is it and she is moving on with her life..... But once she realizes that EJ has feelings for her and wants her back, watch out Rafe cause Sami will do a U turn right back EJ!!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Halloween Family
Mar 8 2010, 11:43 AM
SocRMum1
Mar 8 2010, 08:31 AM
ladyofthelake
Mar 8 2010, 06:55 AM
The thing is, if they continue to do this stuff ad naseum with EJ and Sami, most people won't care except for a few. It'll get old and stale, no matter if EJ turns into Philanthropist of the Year and builds a new home for the Salem Doggie Society or something. If something got ruined in the eyes of the majority of the fans, give it up. Let the character go in another direction that fits him.
But where has it been proven that it 'got ruined in the eyes of the majority of the fans'? I see no indication of that. The writing for EJami has been absolute crap, from a 'couple' perspective, since the Summer of 2008 yet there have been and continue to be new fans in the midst of it. Given good writing and leading the story toward a healthier relationship that develops in to something much more could easily sway the general audience to being on board.
Majority of fans? yes, where is this information coming from. Afterall, if the boards aren't reflective of of the GA...
I'm well aware of this, thank you. I've used these very words myself. Since I'm not working on my dissertation at this time (and don't get too anal about things like soap opera stats. I prefer statistics about my area of work, thanks), let's just attribute this to a general sense all together over time of old recycled stories and just past history. Just HOW does one measure what the majority likes, anyway? I could spit the same thing back and say how do you know the majority DOESN'T like it? If you re-read my passage, I don't think it really says I am speaking in presence tense anyway.
Actually, though, thank you for acknowledging that many people on various boards are tired of EJ and Sami. That's progress! :D
Edited by ladyofthelake, Mar 8 2010, 10:07 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 8 2010, 10:05 PM
Halloween Family
Mar 8 2010, 11:43 AM
SocRMum1
Mar 8 2010, 08:31 AM

Majority of fans? yes, where is this information coming from. Afterall, if the boards aren't reflective of of the GA...
I'm well aware of this, thank you. I've used these very words myself. Since I'm not working on my dissertation at this time (and don't get too anal about things like soap opera stats. I prefer statistics about my area of work, thanks), let's just attribute this to a general sense all together over time of old recycled stories and just past history. Just HOW does one measure what the majority likes, anyway? I could spit the same thing back and say how do you know the majority DOESN'T like it? If you re-read my passage, I don't think it really says I am speaking in presence tense anyway.
Actually, though, thank you for acknowledging that many people on various boards are tired of EJ and Sami. That's progress! :D
I see people saying "the boards aren't relflective of the GA" quite a bit especially when Ejami fans say they are popular or whatever, so it's strange to me to see people saying how hated they are. Like Paxton pointed out it goes both ways.

SafeFan

With Days budget restraints, how can they write EJami and 'one up' what's already transpired between them or what they've done individually to each other? The storyline would have to be so elaborate to allow the viewer to believe that greater exploits were being done between them for supercouple status. EJami equals supercouple or bust, that's where I'm at!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SafeFan
Mar 8 2010, 10:52 PM
With Days budget restraints, how can they write EJami and 'one up' what's already transpired between them or what they've done individually to each other? The storyline would have to be so elaborate to allow the viewer to believe that greater exploits were being done between them for supercouple status. EJami equals supercouple or bust, that's where I'm at!!
I don't think good writing is necessarily more expensive than crappy writing. :shrug:

SafeFan

SocRMum1
Mar 8 2010, 11:02 PM
SafeFan
I don't think good writing is necessarily more expensive than crappy writing. :shrug:
Then there is tease writing. I mean supercouple status means getting cast support and I don't see it in Salem for EJami. There would have to be a major shake up for that to happen.
Edited by SafeFan, Mar 8 2010, 11:23 PM.

Criss33
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
SafeFan
My thoughts exactly good / bad writing would cost the same!! Unless they are keeping the good writing for when the truth is revealed to Sami about EJ's involvement with the kidnapping and her revelation of her true feelings for EJ... The writing right now is not that great could be way better for all involved, acting wise is very good especially JS and AS have done an outstanding job with the material they have been given!! :applause:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SafeFan
Mar 8 2010, 11:08 PM
SocRMum1
SafeFan
Then there is tease writing. I mean supercouple status means getting cast support and I don't see it in Salem for EJami. There would have to be a major shake up for that to happen.
If the writers opt to write a couple to have support from others on the canvas it's easy enough to do. I don't necessarily think it's a requirement but I don't see a roadblock to doing it.

But in truth, I don't think any one is writing 'super couples' anymore, and they haven't been for a very long time.

Criss33
Member Avatar

SafeFan
SocRMum1
SafeFan
Not necessary a couple would need cast support to give it a “SuperCouple” title. Especially these days with the budget cuts for the show it would be an impossible task to have all/ most members from the family giving their approval or disapproval of a couple.. I don’t think it is a requirement any more!!!!
Edited by Criss33, Mar 9 2010, 12:15 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Criss33
Mar 8 2010, 09:58 PM
Samantha Dimera
magicsteacher
Mar 8 2010, 09:31 PM

Just be patient. Wait and see-I've learned to be patient for EJami. I say (like I've said before) we'll have inklings of feelings by March's end. Can't wait for May sweeps!
Totally agree with you Samantha Dimera!!! That her and his feelings will be surfacing soon!!Remember Sami doesn't know how EJ really feels for her (it is apparent to us the viewers cause Anna, Stefano, Nicole all have called him on it)!! Sami thinks that EJ has moved on with his life and has forgiven her for not telling him about their daughter and that is it and she is moving on with her life..... But once she realizes that EJ has feelings for her and wants her back, watch out Rafe cause Sami will do a U turn right back EJ!!!!!
What feelings? You mean that when Sami realizes that EJ has feelings for her, then she will just forget about the man she is in love with and has been in love with for a year now and go running to EJ? Are we supposed to believe that she has just been waiting around all this time for EJ to come around and admit he loves her? I am sorry, but I don't buy it. I haven't seen any hint of feelings for him at all.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SafeFan
SocRMum1
SafeFan
Tease writing-- I love it!!!
That's where I see ejami writing-- a tease.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.

magicsteacher
Mar 9 2010, 04:50 PM
Criss33
Mar 8 2010, 09:58 PM
Samantha Dimera

What feelings? You mean that when Sami realizes that EJ has feelings for her, then she will just forget about the man she is in love with and has been in love with for a year now and go running to EJ? Are we supposed to believe that she has just been waiting around all this time for EJ to come around and admit he loves her? I am sorry, but I don't buy it. I haven't seen any hint of feelings for him at all.
I didn't say that she's been "waiting around for him" that's absurd-you can see that she loved Rafe on some level-though I still believe it's just gratitude for all the things he's done for her translated into love but nevertheless(I can't believe that's one word). I think it'll hit Sami that one day as she and EJ grow closer- in the interview w/James in SOD or SOW he said that he would break Sami's heart- so it implies that he would make Sami fall in love with him. I think she's going to fall for him because that's EJ's plan-but he'll be too far gone to follow through w/the plan and soon it will blow up in his face but EJami will be in love and they won't simply forget that love when Sami kicks his ass. Still workin' on where Rafe fits in cause' he aint' leavin' for a while...

I do love though on a sidenote that Anna, Nicole, Stefano Arianna, Lexie and whomever are saying-some more than once or twice- that either EJ is in love with Sami and Sami is in love with him. A lot of characters have been acknowledging that And Anna's been doing it a lot lately. :cheer: Why would they have had these characters acknowledge this? I don't everything plot-driven? Unless they plan on breaking EJ's heart after he's already breaking him over and over by all the lies and deceit and turning him into...this! I'm loving this new 2007-EJami spin on things after that article-that's what I'm expecting, hoping the writing matches that fucktastic-ness though.

BasicBlack

Ejami is going no where fast. If Sami has feelings at all for Ej, they will be blown out of the water the moment she learns what Ej did about Sydney. And no, she won't be so in love with him she won't care. If she falls for him even after that then she is just plain stupid. No mother would tolerate that kind of behavior. Somebody will pull a full reveal on this like always with Sami's men. Ej is prolly planning to take Johnny and Syndey and run for it once Sami finds out. Hero my ass. Ej is the meanest most evil soap character that ever was..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply