Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of March 8th; *UPDATED 3/6*
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:08 PM (16,522 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

Nicole!!!! :whooohooo: :sweet: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I might watch on Nicole days ... I will at least watch her clips. Yay! Nicole!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

aimees76
Feb 25 2010, 09:59 PM
Nicole!!!! :whooohooo: :sweet: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I might watch on Nicole days ... I will at least watch her clips. Yay! Nicole!!
I recommend watching her scenes on YouTube. Sitting through a whole episode might not be worth it, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I still remember how so many wanted a break from Nicole. I'm sure many still do but it just goes to show you that having her dominating the airtime is not necessarily a bad thing. It could be worse and absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder LOL.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 25 2010, 10:08 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Yay! I can't for Nicole's return. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ I wouldnt characterized "so many" people wanting a break (especially on this board.) I do agree that there were those who said that they were glad that AZ was going to take a proper mat. leave. However many of those people are biased toward her because she was paired with JS.

I thought I could watch the CC/MB show until AZ came back, but I was sadly disappointed.

I think out of all the characters on DAYS, the writers have really taken to write for Nicole and AZ takes the material and just makes it her own!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Liz<3Days
Feb 25 2010, 10:18 PM
^ I wouldnt characterized "so many" people wanting a break (especially on this board.) I do agree that there were those who said that they were glad that AZ was going to take a proper mat. leave. However many of those people are biased toward her because she was paired with JS.

I thought I could watch the CC/MB show until AZ came back, but I was sadly disappointed.

I think out of all the characters on DAYS, the writers have really taken to write for Nicole and AZ takes the material and just makes it her own!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!
Yeah. Your probably right.

Your definitely right about the writers and AZ. They seem to love writing for her. They probably hated being without her LOL.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 10:38 PM
Liz<3Days

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!

Your definitely right about the writers and AZ. They seem to love writing for her. They probably hated being without her LOL.
I really wonder why they took to AZ? It was mentioned that they altered the EJ/Sami SL because they liked the chemistry between JS/AZ. Maybe it was as simple as that?

I wonder who mostly writes the Nicole stuff because I believe just writing for one character is bad and lazy writing. I know she rocks, but I really wanted to feel that way for CC.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Liz<3Days
Feb 25 2010, 11:08 PM
PhoenixRising05
Liz<3Days

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!

I really wonder why they took to AZ? It was mentioned that they altered the EJ/Sami SL because they liked the chemistry between JS/AZ. Maybe it was as simple as that?

I wonder who mostly writes the Nicole stuff because I believe just writing for one character is bad and lazy writing. I know she rocks, but I really wanted to feel that way for CC.
Well, to me it's been clear since AZ returned that she was well-liked by the writers. Even during all the behind the scenes fighting between Higley and Ed Scott, Nicole was like the one consistent thing about the show. I think it helps that everyone seems to like her. Higley seemed to like writing for her. Tomlin and Whitesell like her. Ed Scott seemed to like her when he was re-writing shit LOL. She's like the one character everyone has agreed on and liked since she returned. I think that helps when everyone behind the scenes agrees on a character.

I don't think any writer only writes for one or a few characters. You have SW, who take turns daily writing episodes, and then you have breakdown writers who make everything flow and such and then you have the associate head writers who basically make contributions to scripts and stories (history references, etc.). Lastly, you have the head writers, who come up with the overall stories so there isn't separation in who writes for her even though I'm sure some are better at writing certain characters then others. That is only natural. These people are human so they will have different views and biases.

DOOL1965

I am so excited that AZ/Nicole is back. The CC/Carly show has been one info commercial after another with no entertainment at all. A total waste of air time.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 11:19 PM
Liz<3Days
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Well, to me it's been clear since AZ returned that she was well-liked by the writers. Even during all the behind the scenes fighting between Higley and Ed Scott, Nicole was like the one consistent thing about the show. I think it helps that everyone seems to like her. Higley seemed to like writing for her. Tomlin and Whitesell like her. Ed Scott seemed to like her when he was re-writing shit LOL. She's like the one character everyone has agreed on and liked since she returned. I think that helps when everyone behind the scenes agrees on a character.

I don't think any writer only writes for one or a few characters. You have SW, who take turns daily writing episodes, and then you have breakdown writers who make everything flow and such and then you have the associate head writers who basically make contributions to scripts and stories (history references, etc.). Lastly, you have the head writers, who come up with the overall stories so there isn't separation in who writes for her even though I'm sure some are better at writing certain characters then others. That is only natural. These people are human so they will have different views and biases.
Thanks for the explanation!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Liz<3Days
PhoenixRising05
Liz<3Days

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!

It could be as simple as this: AZ just makes any of their garbage look GOOOOOD. She actually took her character and tried to get the layers and feelings behind Nicole and changed with the flow. That's why I enjoy her.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I feel like Nicole is the only one that can save this Sydnapping story for me. It has really gone to the crapper the second she left, and I am hoping she is able to salvage it and make me interested again.

AZ is a great actress, and Nicole is an awesome character. Can't wait for her to return!

jennlee915
Member Avatar

PHILIPCANDOBETTER
Feb 25 2010, 02:54 PM
I actually agree with Kenny. Vivian and Stephanie should team up and kill the bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: I agree too Vivian and Stephanie should kill the bitch. Now that's one show I'll tune in to watch. :popcorn: :cheers:

Eat the shit you spew and die BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flipoff:

dorcell

Its nice to know that Nicole will be returning to Days. I have had enough of Carly/Melanie s/l.
I wish Days keep Vivian and Anna as I enjoy seeinf both of them on Days. Stefano has been on the back burner lately and he should be cast more.JMO

Beth
Member Avatar

I have never cared for AZ or Nicole. I haven't really missed her.

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 10:07 PM
I still remember how so many wanted a break from Nicole. I'm sure many still do but it just goes to show you that having her dominating the airtime is not necessarily a bad thing. It could be worse and absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder LOL.

Actually, I think it goes to show how breaks are important. I was ready for her to have a break, and am ready to see her return after she dominated for so long. Contrast that with the people who've been waiting for AS to take the break that she she still hasn't taken, and are still complaining about it lol

Criss33
Member Avatar

"Rafe discovers Sami has been keeping a secret"

Again, this is getting old......

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Criss33
Feb 26 2010, 07:55 PM

Ranks right up there in the old department with "Sami and EJ grow closer".

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 27 2010, 12:15 AM
Criss33
Feb 26 2010, 07:55 PM

Ranks right up there in the old department with "Sami and EJ grow closer".
Precisely!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

Sometimes i think the days writers just change the spoiler date on top and put the same sentences underneath B-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply