Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell news; March 9th issue
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:12 PM (8,635 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Look for Peter Reckell to be sidelined for a month. A setsider says, "He was in danger of going over his guarantee of episodes and they didn't want to pay him more."

Bo will leave town to visit family.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Seriously? Right in the middle of this big Hope/Bo/Carly triangle they're writing Bo out for a month?

Why the hell can't this ever happen with Alison Sweeney? I shudder to even think what HER episode guarantee is.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

WTF!

Are you kidding me? He's in a major story right now so they are going to stall things for this reason? Give AS, GG, and JS some free days :hmmph: .

And here I was thinking how good of a job the show has done managing the cast. Maybe they still are given that they are doing something like this but come on now. They've had Bo in quite a few episodes that he wasn't needed in. If they were a bit more careful about that, this wouldn't be needed. Look at how they use KA. She's not in every episode PR or CC is so they manager her quite well.

I love how the show just came right out with their reasoning too. Dumb. So what if he goes a little over guarantee? Heaven forbid we keep AS in line with her's.

And what family will he be visiting? I'm going to assume Chelsea because that is the only thing that makes sense. Actually, this doesn't make sense unless they sell it as Bo leaving to think about some things or because something happened to Chelsea. He's the police commissioner, for heaven's sake!

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this.........SHEESH!!!! TPTB write these stories and then don't want to pay the actors for their stories because they may have to fork over a few extra $$$$. I don't get it and it doesn't seem right. :soapbox:

sungrey

Right in the middle of a big storyline. Ya, Days. Good job. Way to lose your momentum and possibly way to piss off one of your most valuable actors.

I'm about ready to have Corday return as EP, but there's no guarantee it would be any better. He was a master mis-manager wih his cast.

six
Member Avatar

:shame:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think this is hilarious and TYPICAL of DAYS! An Emmy nominated actor has to be "on the bench" because TPTB can't COUNT!

Yet we have the pleasure of MB AND AS! Figures!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Well this blows. :( WTH is wrong with this show?

I agree why couldn't they do this with AS, GG and JS. Seems to me they have been on a lot more then PR has. This is such BS!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Feb 25 2010, 02:23 PM
Right in the middle of a big storyline. Ya, Days. Good job. Way to lose your momentum and possibly way to piss off one of your most valuable actors.

I'm about ready to have Corday return as EP, but there's no guarantee it would be any better. He was a master mis-manager wih his cast.
Corday would be worse LOL.

I mean, I can understand this for the preventive measure it is but they aren't even hiding their reasoning like they usually do. I'm sure Peter understands and probably doesn't care because he has a baby girl. And Days has backburnered Bo for longer periods of time. They do use him alot and it is only a month.

What pisses me off is the timing and the lack of planning. You can tell by the way they use KA that they are cautious about her guarantee. Same goes for some of the other vets but it seems like they've been very careless with PR. He's been in some episodes just for one or two scenes. I remember the week before last he appeared in like one scene at the end. Why bother with that? If they were as careful with him as they are with others, they wouldn't need to do this.

I guess we'll see what happens. I mean, the story is heavy now but it may take a backseat for a little while soon. Even the baby switch took a backseat a few times over the year it was prominent. They are probably filming May stuff and for all we know they may not sideline him until the June episodes, which would make sense given the summer and the usual shift to younger stories. It may not hurt anything and it most likely won't. It's just annoying LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mirage75
Feb 25 2010, 02:26 PM
Well this blows. :( WTH is wrong with this show?

I agree why couldn't they do this with AS, GG and JS. Seems to me they have been on a lot more then PR has. This is such BS!
Actually, Jason47 posted his episode counts and PR has had more episodes then all of them but JS (I actually think he may be tied with JS).

Not that it matters. It all could've been avoided by careful planning like they did with other actors.

jane1978

Angie79
Feb 25 2010, 02:12 PM
Look for Peter Reckell to be sidelined for a month. A setsider says, "He was in danger of going over his guarantee of episodes and they didn't want to pay him more."

Donīt see where is the problem. It happened with Deidre all the time. Usually she just left for a conference or something or clear her head. The story will now focus more on Carly and her story with Daniel, Mel and Chloe than her relationship with Bo. And we know KS has some solo story coming and probably will have to deal with Adriennaīs return as well (there is no question she will return at the most inconvinient time possible) I quess Iīm the only one positive as usual here but Iīm sure the show knew it will happen and they will sideline the story in a way its working.

misch
Member Avatar

silly Days execs. what the heck? remember when an actor on Days was in the midst of a big story for months, they would have a payoff, then send them to go visit family. not anymore, no real payoff and you get to go visit family in the middle of a story. swell.... :soapbox:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 25 2010, 02:31 PM
Angie79

Donīt see where is the problem. It happened with Deidre all the time. Usually she just left for a conference or something or clear her head. The story will now focus more on Carly and her story with Daniel, Mel and Chloe than her relationship with Bo. And we know KS has some solo story coming and probably will have to deal with Adriennaīs return as well (there is no question she will return at the most inconvinient time possible) I quess Iīm the only one positive as usual here but Iīm sure the show knew it will happen and they will sideline the story in a way its working.

Only positive as usual? Isn't that usually the both of us? :laugh:

I get what your saying but maybe they should've just kept their mouth shut about it. With Dee, they never acknowledged it was a budget situation even if it was (and alot of the time it wasn't as she was written out for a summer break with her kids). This just makes them look stupid, especially when they've done such a good job on everyone else.

I mean, I doubt it hurts them (afterall, this probably doesn't affect anything until at least May) beyond making them look incompetent in this situation. It's smart to do this but it should've never came to this or they could've kept silent and acted like it was just something they were doing for story reasons or something.

Ellie

Thanks so much, Angie. Honestly, imo there is more to this than PR's guarantee. Days has just made some new hires. It's clear to me that a choice has been made to sideline PR in favor of others. I wonder if something happened backstage which precipitated this. I think the guarantee is just a convenient excuse.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 02:20 PM
I love how the show just came right out with their reasoning too. Dumb. So what if he goes a little over guarantee? Heaven forbid we keep AS in line with her's.
How is it dumb? I think it's good they say the real reason from the start. A couple of years ago they wouldn't have and the fans would have complained how some of the vets were no where to be seen without knowing why.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 02:36 PM
jane1978
Feb 25 2010, 02:31 PM
Angie79

Only positive as usual? Isn't that usually the both of us? :laugh:

I get what your saying but maybe they should've just kept their mouth shut about it. With Dee, they never acknowledged it was a budget situation even if it was (and alot of the time it wasn't as she was written out for a summer break with her kids). This just makes them look stupid, especially when they've done such a good job on everyone else.

I mean, I doubt it hurts them (afterall, this probably doesn't affect anything until at least May) beyond making them look incompetent in this situation. It's smart to do this but it should've never came to this or they could've kept silent and acted like it was just something they were doing for story reasons or something.
She only took a vacation twice, I think; the show used to use that as an excuse. But, either way, the difference was that with her, they used up her guarantee days and needed to wait till they 'reset' at the end of the summer, SO they planned the story around giving her some time off then. I wonder if they've done that with PR and his story. Doesn't seem like it so far. Also, with Deidre, there were many many years where if the story was going full speed and the ratings were high, she didn't get the summer off at all, and she worked over her guarantee. The Days ratings are doing fine now, yet they are still giving PR the time off. Something seems different to me about this.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Thanks so much, Angie. Honestly, imo there is more to this than PR's guarantee. Days has just made some new hires. It's clear to me that a choice has been made to sideline PR in favor of others. I wonder if something happened backstage which precipitated this. I think the guarantee is just a convenient excuse.
It says he will be sidelined for a month. To me that sounds like he will be back on the front after a month.

jane1978

misch
Feb 25 2010, 02:33 PM
silly Days execs. what the heck? remember when an actor on Days was in the midst of a big story for months, they would have a payoff, then send them to go visit family. not anymore, no real payoff and you get to go visit family in the middle of a story. swell.... :soapbox:
Question: What is the expected payoff here? Bo and Hope reuniting? Thatīs months and months away, if it even happens. Bo and Carly together again? Itīs already sort of happened, but with her trial still coming and Vivian deciding she no longer wants to murder Melanie they are about to enter the less entertaining and less thrilling everyday life stuff. Their story peaked around Melīs wedding, now itīs cooling off and we have yet to see what the next big conflict will be. Carly has so much to deal with now, Daniel, Melanie, her trial for the shooting, and there is no much Bo can do for her.

Besides we all know that month in real time will be probably only a day or two in Salem time. So if he leaves for a weekend to visit Chelsea and Max in London, where is the problem? They will just focus on something else than Bo/Carly for a while.

Ellie

Sindacco
Feb 25 2010, 02:41 PM
Ellie
It says he will be sidelined for a month. To me that sounds like he will be back on the front after a month.
Could be, yet we've seen recently with others like Bryan that it meant something negative. I certainly hope you're right.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 02:20 PM
And here I was thinking how good of a job the show has done managing the cast.
They manage the cast around Alison Sweeney.

Haven't you heard? She is the be all/end all when it comes to this show. I mean, heaven forbid they write her out for a month -- even when she's on a fucking maternity leave. This show has even gone so far as to recast the role of Sami Brady with a FUCKING MAN when Alison Sweeney wasn't available. It's ridiculous!

I just can't believe this. Bo is in the middle of a huge story with Hope and Carly -- arguably his biggest story in years -- and they're actually going to write him out for a month because they're afraid he'll go over his episode limit? It's ridiculous. Does Alison Sweeney even HAVE an episode limit?

We just got through stalling the "Sydnapping" storyline because Arianne Zucker had to be written out for a while, and now the same damn thing is going to happen with the Hope/Bo/Carly story. Pssh. Such bullshit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply