Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell news; March 9th issue
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:12 PM (8,478 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

sungrey
Feb 26 2010, 12:51 AM
Remember when AS got written off for what, three months in 1995? JER did that on purpose, because she came back and said she was pregnant with Austin's child. I wonder if we're getting something like this?

I really hope there is nothing major going on behind the scenes where Peter's getting pissed or something. If he left the show for some reason and Bo/Hope, Bo/Carly, whatever... if that didn't get any closure, the resulting fan shitstorm might be worse than the fallout over the SSK. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?
Bo's pregnant!

I can't even joke about that with this regime. :drunk: They haven't done anything that crazy yet, but I know what they're capable of...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

janicew561

Maybe he has lost the house and his job and he is going away to think about everything. Then they would bring him back in time for Alice's goodbyes. Maybe he an dHope can then start their long trek back. If he has endured Hope and Justin for a while he should go and think what he has lost. :eyeroll:

Beth
Member Avatar

I personally have never understood all of the AS bashing on this board. Can someone enlighten me?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if perhaps there is something going on with PR personally and he needs the break. It seems to me he's not looking all that healthy of late. :(

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Really? Are you going by his appearance onscreen? I think he looks better than ever.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DOOLFan85

That is just pathetic Days! Since Peter isn't going to be on for a frickin month you all better have something good in store for Kristian and Crystal.

lysie
Member Avatar

Beth
Feb 26 2010, 01:07 PM
I personally have never understood all of the AS bashing on this board. Can someone enlighten me?
Many of us don't like her. It's not exclusive to her.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Halloween Family
Feb 26 2010, 01:13 PM
Really? Are you going by his appearance onscreen? I think he looks better than ever.
I am - he just looks thinner and more gaunt to me lately. I was noticing it particularly in the scenes in the hospital where he was talking to Hope and Philip. For some reason I noticed that his neck looked very 'old' and wrinkled - like perhaps he's lost a lot of weight.

Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong but it was weird to me that I noticed that watching the show yesterday and then this announcement came out a few hours later. :(

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I certainly hope nothing's wrong with him. I figure it's just more poor planning on the part of tptb. I remember DH being gone for a month at a time, but wasn't that usually her vacation? And tptb worked the story around that, she didn't leave (generally speaking) in the middle of a huge story. Maybe the Bo/Carly aspect of this story is going to take a backseat for awhile, especially since now we know Dr Hot Pants is the father.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Beth
Here's my thing with Sweeney. All just my opinion, of course.

I loved her as Sami Brady. LOVED. I would rush home from school to see her scheming and conniving. I was entertained when others were like "she needs to get the fuck over John boning Marlena." I loved her with Lucas, for a short time. I loved when there seemed to be a hint of a transition into something...not pure, but more mature. Like during the SSK- there were a few scenes with her and John in the rain or something, when Maggie died...or Alice...I don't remember the specifics, but it was good.

And Sweeney rocked that kind of character.

Then...suddenly she's this weird-ass pseudo-heroine whiny little bitch. Sami didn't have to be good to anchor the show, imho. And if she must be good, she doesn't have to be a complete idiot. She was kinda smart as a schemer.

Sweeney's acting took a turn too, imho. She's boring as hell this way. Bad, too. Watching her sometimes...it's just so unnatural, unbeliveable to me. She doesn't make me root for this character.

And then there was Santo/Colleen. I still don't know what the fuck that was all about, or why they put those two actors in the center of a feud origins story that had very little to do with them. The whole thing was bad, it seemed to never end, and I got really sick of both actors.

So now Sami is just...there. Always there. Always doing the same whiny victim pseudo-heroine bullshit, with her irritating sometimes-bad love interest EJ or her irritating sometimes-boring love interest Luis. The character won't go away or do something interesting, the actress cannot pull this kind of character off (ain't nothin' wrong with limited range- do what you do well, yo). So you see this kind of thing about another actor where it's allegedly about too much airtime and it's like...why the fuck can't this happen with Sweeney. Why?!

That said, I feel like it's a fine time for Bo to go out of town. Marriage decimated, new-old love blossoming- he should go off somewhere and think. So it's not all that offensive to me.

Plus let's see how Carly does with out him.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Beth
From my perspective it's because she is nowhere near the prettiest nor the most talented actress on the show yet she gets a ton of airtime. According to jason47's most useful site, Alison Sweeney is #5 on the episode ranking list for the time period 1980-2009, coming in behind Drake, Deidre, Peter and Kristian:

http://www.jason47.com/days/episoderankings.html

I'm sick of her. The character used to be compelling but has utterly worn out her welcome with me, especially with her shiny new glittrification.

As for why AS seems to be unpopular on DR specifically, I don't know. But it's not the first or the only board to have its favorites and anti-favorites. There's no law that fan support has to be equally distributed amongst boards and that for every "hater" there must be a cheerleader.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I have always hated the character because I was one of those...GROW THE FUCK UP and stop whining about Marlena and John! But since she wasnt a "lead" character I could just FF or MUTE her scenes.

I would HATE how she would get NO JAIL TIME when she got caught. (No, I dont count death row because it was a scheme not a direct consequence of her actions.)

I simply never believe that super hot men would find her interesting? She has no job skills, never has ambition other then her schemes and breaking up Carrie and Austin for 10+ years? (Think there's no job market for that skill!LOL)

Then she became the heroine of DAYS...that's when she really started bugging me because the actress has not grown from the same ONE NOTE performances that she has had for over 10+ years!

Now, she's the monolith of DAYS and people that hate this character "wear" her like some huge albatross that we have to carry until we stop watching DAYS.

I dont think I would have signed up here if we couldnt BASH on non-actors like AS!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Feb 26 2010, 02:40 PM.

DOOL1965

sungrey
Feb 26 2010, 11:23 AM
I for one am liking the Bo/Hope/Carly drama but in the end I firmly believe Bo/Hope should be the end result, even if it takes a year or so to get there. I just look at Luke on GH without Laura and see him wandering aimlessly on that canvas (partly because of his summer vacation, yes)...

Like CC said in a Twitter post, Carly away from Bo equals no story. So let's have it. :)
LOL about CC tweet. JMO, CC is just not that good. DOOL was fine without her and it would much better off without her. I don't believe that Carly away from Bo equals no story. It sounds more like she is trying to convince the viewers of this just so she can keep a job. PR/Bo and KA/Hope were doiing fine without CC/Carly. She wasn't needed. Like I said before, with CC's "someone pissed on my wheaties" look and lack of emotion, it is like watching an info commericial selling something useless and not worth the air time it gets. Carly is a waste of viewing time.
Edited by DOOL1965, Feb 26 2010, 07:52 PM.

rosecarrington

lysie
Feb 26 2010, 11:28 AM
sungrey
Feb 26 2010, 12:51 AM
Remember when AS got written off for what, three months in 1995? JER did that on purpose, because she came back and said she was pregnant with Austin's child. I wonder if we're getting something like this?

I really hope there is nothing major going on behind the scenes where Peter's getting pissed or something. If he left the show for some reason and Bo/Hope, Bo/Carly, whatever... if that didn't get any closure, the resulting fan shitstorm might be worse than the fallout over the SSK. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?
Bo's pregnant!

I can't even joke about that with this regime. :drunk: They haven't done anything that crazy yet, but I know what they're capable of...
WHO"S THE MAMA!!!!LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply