Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Dan to Mel: I'm Your Dad; Match 9th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Feb 25 2010, 02:22 PM (5,155 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:Dan to Mel:I'm Your Dad

Melanie learns that Daniel is her father. It starts with Melanie asking Daniel what is wrong and if she is dying. Daniel isn't sure how to tell her. He keeps quiet and confronts Carly again about why she kept mum. But, Carly does tell someone about Melanie being Daniel's daughter - Chloe.

Melanie finds out about Nathan and Stephanie's getaway. "She gets upset because she's young, I guess," says Molly. In her statement to Bo, Melanie says that Carly shot her on purpose. Everyone tries to talk her out of that, but she is saying it to get back at Carly. Then there is good news: Daniel tells her that he is her father. Melanie is very happy. "She likes Daniel so much and could have grown up with him her whole life and she didn't get to, and it's kind of heartbreaking a little bit," says Molly.

SOW:A Closer Look: Melanie

Melanie learns that Daniel is her father this week and seals Carly’s fate by telling Bo she shot her on purpose.

Melanie wakes up and Daniel is by her beside. He is looking at her weird so Melanie thinks something went wrong with her surgery and she is going to die. Daniel lets her know he is just checking in on her and everything is fine. He doesn’t say anything about being her father because Phillip interrupts.

Then Nathan finds out that Melanie has been shot. He is worried about her and goes to see her. It’s a bit uncomfortable between them, but she is happy to see him. They are having a nice moment and are about the discuss the letter that he wrote her when Stephanie arrives. Melanie realizes they just got back for a trip they took together. Molly says, “Melanie gets a little annoyed. She wishes Nathan would have told her about it and not lied to her like other people are lying to her. It’s more cherries on top of the awful sundae. I mean, what is he doing there, if he just went away with Steph?”

Bo arrives and takes Melanie’s statement about the shooting. She tells Bo that Carly shot her and to put her in jail. “She wants to punish Carly for giving her away, for not telling Melanie she is her mom or who her father is, for having to live the life she did…everything!” Bo tries to talk her out of it, but she will not listen. Melanie thinks that if Carly goes away to jail then all of her problems will go away too.

Daniel returns and tells Melanie that he’s her father. Molly says, “She absolutely believes him, and she’s happy. It’s a nice moment. This is somebody Melanie looks up to and idolizes. Plus she’s thinking, ‘Finally, somebody will hate Carly with me.’ But Daniel’s more mature than that.”

Daniel tries to make her see that Carly is not a bad person and to reconsider the statement that she gave Bo. He does get through to her. Maggie and Max do as well. “She’s impulsive and angry, but she also has a conscience that is very strong. That’s going to come into play, “ says MB.

Molly shares her thoughts on the storyline. “I’m excited and flattered they wrote this for me. It’s so appreciated. I’m getting to work with amazing people. Crystal is phenomenal. So is Shawn. Now when I see them on-set, I’m like ‘Hey, Mom. Hey, Dad.’ We joke around like that. We all have an interesting, unique chemistry.”

She talks about talking with both Crystal and Shawn on twitter and that they couldn’t talk much before the big reveal because they didn’t want anyone to know.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

misch
Member Avatar

ok, she is telling Bo that Carly shot her on purpose to get back at her??? and i guess the next week Daniel, the wonderful father, will talk her out of it. :huh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...Molly has no idea what the hell she is saying.

"She gets upset because she's young, I guess"

You guess? When you try to sell something, be a bit more certain even if your lying. She really wants Melanie paired with Philip. She's always indifferent when it comes to the stuff that pertains to Nathan.

I don't mind her getting back at Carly that way though. I know she will be talked out of it but she should be upset.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ooh, I can't wait to see Chloe's reaction to the revelation that Daniel is Melanie's father.

Meanwhile, Melanie needs to fuck off and die already. I can't believe she tells everyone that Carly shot her on purpose. Actually, scratch that -- yes I can. I can absolutely believe it.

It's time for Vivian and Stephanie to team up and kill the little bitch.

Thanks Angie! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2010, 02:33 PM

And this is why she has no conviction in her performances. She has no clue what the hell she's saying or doing.

Harmony233

Kenny
Ooh, I can't wait to see Chloe's reaction to the revelation that Daniel is Melanie's father.

Meanwhile, Melanie needs to fuck off and die already. I can't believe she tells everyone that Carly shot her on purpose. Actually, scratch that -- yes I can. I can absolutely believe it.

It's time for Vivian and Stephanie to team up and kill the little bitch.
I think Nikki acted more mature than melanie did and that kid was a total brat but at least he was just a kid while melanie is supposed to be a married woman and shes acting even more immature.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 25 2010, 02:35 PM
PhoenixRising05

And this is why she has no conviction in her performances. She has no clue what the hell she's saying or doing.
I think she just has no idea how to talk to the media. She's in a big story now. She had big story when she started but it was basically just the fuels project stuff and triangle with Stephanie and Philip. Now, she's in love with two men and has this big family story with her long-lost mother and father and a woman out for revenge wanting to kill her. It's an awful lot for someone inexperienced who is limited in terms of her acting to begin with.

I will say you know it's bad when your speaking out in support of Stephanie and Chloe :laugh: .

I guess we may see the Chloe/Carly fight SC tweeted about this coming week.

lily20

Angie79
Feb 25 2010, 02:22 PM

"She gets upset because she's young, I guess," says Molly.
:lolololololololol:

What???

This part made me laugh and I can't stop.
MB is an idiot.

lily20

forgot to add, I'm glad chloe finds out right away.
thought for sure the writers would drag that out.

lily20

oh and one more thing:

die Die DIE!! melanie! :flipoff:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Ugh! Please end this stupid and boring ass story! Nobody cares who the hell is that twit's father. Neither of them bring anything to this show.

Can't Vivian please get rid of these two idiots-Daniel and that twit Melanie?!!!!

Melanie is a real bitch for saying that Carly did this on purpose. Honestly, Carly is better off without that twit.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW has an interview with Molly.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mirage75
Feb 25 2010, 03:04 PM
Ugh! Please end this stupid and boring ass story! Nobody cares who the hell is that twit's father. Neither of them bring anything to this show.

Can't Vivian please get rid of these two idiots-Daniel and that twit Melanie?!!!!

Melanie is a real bitch for saying that Carly did this on purpose. Honestly, Carly is better off without that twit.
Hear hear. Honestly, I don't get why they insist Melanie is mature enough to be married, at ALL, much less to someone at a very different place in life than she is, then they turn around and have her spitefully saying her mommy shot her on purpose? And then Molly brilliantly concludes that Melanie is childishly jealous, even though she just married a man she allegedly was super hot for and who can give her all sorts of nice things, because she's young. No. fucking. shit.

Oh, and thanks for posting, Angie!
Edited by Paxton, Feb 25 2010, 03:17 PM.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

MELANIE NEED TO DIE!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm glad Melanie is accepting Daniel as he father so easily. That makes a lot of sense. She had such scumb for a father in Trent, and to have a great guy like Daniel turn out to be her father, she should be in heaven.

Harmony233

DrewHamilton
Feb 25 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm glad Melanie is accepting Daniel as he father so easily. That makes a lot of sense. She had such scumb for a father in Trent, and to have a great guy like Daniel turn out to be her father, she should be in heaven.
really you thought mealanie wouldn't accept daniel? I knew she would considering this story is a rerun of the Lawrence/Carly/Nikki saga.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 25 2010, 02:35 PM
PhoenixRising05

I almost can't blame her though. Characters' motivations seem to change on a dime, these days - especially hers.

But yeah, death to Melanie!
Edited by Mason, Feb 25 2010, 03:49 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 25 2010, 02:22 PM
In her statement to Bo, Melanie says that Carly shot her on purpose.
So stupid. :shame:

I can see why MB has no idea what's going on. The girl was all about Philip for a year dreaming about him while in bed with Nathan, and as soon as she gets Philip, she decides she really needs Nathan? I know she's supposed to be in love with both, but this is the most unbelievable triangle in a long time.
Edited by six, Feb 25 2010, 03:57 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

With every interview, it becomes more and more obvious that Molly Burnett either doesn't like the triangle with Nathan or has absolutely no idea what her motivation is supposed to be. Every time she is interviewed about Melanie's feelings for Nathan, she minimizes them or makes it clear she thinks it's some kind of minor thing -- which is totally not what the show is trying to sell us on. So, until she and the show get on the same page about all of this, she really needs to just shut up about it.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Please give these actors some direction, motivation for their characters!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply