Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
"Alison Sweeney shows Mercy" by Michael Logan
Topic Started: Mar 1 2010, 04:17 PM (10,336 Views)
Ellie

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/feature/alison-sweeney-shows-mercy-4213.html

Alison Sweeney Shows Mercy
by Michael Logan March 01, 2010 02:09 PM EST

Doesn’t she have enough jobs already? NBC whirlwind Alison Sweeney, who stars on Days of Our Lives by day and hosts The Biggest Loser by night, has also landed a guest gig on the network’s freshman medical drama Mercy. The episode airs Wednesday (March 3, 8/7c, NBC)

“I’m trying to give Ryan Seacrest a run for his money,” cracks Sweeney, who plays a victim of a commuter bus explosion. “She gets hit in the brain with shrapnel, which sounds pretty bad but it’s really pretty funny. The injury causes her to forget about her sexual inhibitions and she suddenly gets rather, uh…feisty.” So feisty her husband actually prefers her that way, and the couple decides they don’t want surgery to fix the problem.

“I’m always encouraging the NBC brass to use me in other acting roles, and they wanted to get a Biggest Loser face on another night of prime time,” Sweeney says. “They introduced me to the producers of Mercy and it was a perfect fit.” The actress, who gave birth to her second child last year, is crazy-busy on Days right now—her character, Sami, is in an explosive love triangle, unaware one of her men is behind the kidnapping of her baby—and she’s bearing up under the soap’s new hyper-accelerated, no re-takes production schedule.

“Due to budget cuts, we’re now cranking out eight episodes a week and it’s insane,” she says. “When I got to Mercy, everyone was commenting on how fast we were shooting and I’m, like, ‘Are you kidding? We’ve done the same scene six times!’ It was like being on vacation.”
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting, Ellie. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 1 2010, 04:17 PM
Doesn’t she have enough jobs already?

“I’m trying to give Ryan Seacrest a run for his money,” cracks Sweeney.
LoL! That's an understatement.

I wish she would show us all some mercy and get the fuck off our TV screens.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's smart of NBC to us Ali on a struggling show like Mercy. She is one of NBC's biggest stars. And it's crazy that Days is filming 8 episodes a week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

LOL. She's playing a woman who has no control of her sexual inhibitions? I have so many comments about that that I can't even form them into a coherent thought.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

lysie
Mar 1 2010, 04:31 PM
LOL. She's playing a woman who has no control of her sexual inhibitions? I have so many comments about that that I can't even form them into a coherent thought.
ROFL I know. We might have to post a video clip of this here.

Oh, and is anyone surprised that it's Ali herself who's behind this 'special appearance'? No? Didn't think so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 1 2010, 04:35 PM
lysie

Oh, and is anyone surprised that it's Ali herself who's behind this 'special appearance'? No? Didn't think so.
She's always encouraging TPTB at Days to let her direct... she's always encouraging NBC to let her appear on other shows... she's always encouraging TPTB at Days to let her re-write scripts...

It won't be long before she takes over the entire network, LoL. She'll probably be Jeff Zucker's replacement if/when his ass finally gets the boot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
Mar 1 2010, 04:38 PM
She's always encouraging TPTB at Days to let her direct... she's always encouraging NBC to let her appear on other shows... she's always encouraging TPTB at Days to let her re-write scripts...
I cannot even imagine what it must be like to work with her. Everyone else should get a special Emmy just for putting up with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ana75
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 1 2010, 04:35 PM
lysie

Nope not surprised at all. She seems to be everywhere not to mention how much the girl tweets as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I feel sorry for her kids.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sounds like a stupid storyline. I am not going to watch the show, but I wouldn't mind seeing a clip. I want to see how her acting is.

Thanks, Ellie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I wish she would "encourage" the people at NBC to give her a role where she is MUTE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
Mar 1 2010, 04:45 PM
Me too. And if she's the one asking for more airtime, that should tell us something about her priorities.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 1 2010, 04:45 PM
I feel sorry for her husband. I'm sure he's not the one wearing the pants in that marriage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yeah, I don't see how she has much time for her family. With DAYS, BL, guest spots, and all of the appearances she does (she is even filming a Bonnie Hunt appearance today) and all of the working out she claims to do; she has to be pretty tied up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

You know, I'm no Alison Sweeney fan, but I don't think there is anything in any of this that indicates she's a bad mother. As far as I know, she shoots TBL on her days off from Days. I've never read anything that indicates how long the TBL shoots take. Maybe she's only working a couple of hours on those days, leaving many hours for her kids. But, even if she's working 10 hour days, 5 days a week, that doesn't make her a bad mother. There are a gazillion working mothers in this country who spend quality time with their children in the evenings and on weekends.

I have no desire to see AS on my screen any more than I already do and certainly share the frustration with NBC's fascination with her. But I just can't condemn her as a bad mother or feel like she's neglecting her kids just because she works a lot.
Online Profile Goto Top

soccerandtvgirl

The only way I see Ali being able to do all that she does is everything is rearranged for her. Tons just runs around what her schedule is. Because otherwise, everyone would be waiting around all the time for her to finish something.

TFP.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

esp13
Mar 1 2010, 05:15 PM
There are a gazillion working mothers in this country who spend quality time with their children in the evenings and on weekends.

I have no desire to see AS on my screen any more than I already do and certainly share the frustration with NBC's fascination with her. But I just can't condemn her as a bad mother or feel like she's neglecting her kids just because she works a lot.
But the difference is, the vast majority of those working mothers are doing what they're doing in order to make ends meet and put food on the table for their families. I give them tremendous credit for that. Ali, on the other hand, is presumably making much more money than she needs, yet she's choosing to spend more time working and as a result less time with her very young children. She has two lucrative jobs, yet she's requesting even more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

soccerandtvgirl

Ellie
Mar 1 2010, 05:20 PM
esp13
There are a gazillion working mothers in this country who spend quality time with their children in the evenings and on weekends.

But the difference is, the vast majority of those working mothers are doing what they're doing in order to make ends meet and put food on the table for their families. I give them tremendous credit for that. Ali, on the other hand, is presumably making much more money than she needs, yet she's choosing to spend more time working and as a result less time with her very young children. She has two lucrative jobs, yet she's requesting even more.
Just to add to this, there's a question and answer about her working and it says details about how much she works. Source: OK Weekly interview with AS.

Interviewer: "Your work schedule is so hectic. Do you get any downtime?"

Alison Sweeney: "I spend 40 to 50 hours per week on Biggest Loser and 25 to 40 hours working on Days of our Lives. I don't have a lot of downtime, but when I get home, I put the Blackberry away and make most of the time I do have with my children."

Edited by soccerandtvgirl, Mar 1 2010, 05:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

esp13
You know, I'm no Alison Sweeney fan, but I don't think there is anything in any of this that indicates she's a bad mother. As far as I know, she shoots TBL on her days off from Days. I've never read anything that indicates how long the TBL shoots take. Maybe she's only working a couple of hours on those days, leaving many hours for her kids. But, even if she's working 10 hour days, 5 days a week, that doesn't make her a bad mother. There are a gazillion working mothers in this country who spend quality time with their children in the evenings and on weekends.
I don't think anyone ever said she's a bad mother. Compared to some parents, I bet she's a modern day Carol Brady, LoL. All I said was that I feel bad for her kids, because I'm sure they don't get to spend as much time with her as they would like to. She's taping eight episodes a week at Days, and I do think the Biggest Loser shoots take quite a bit of time, otherwise Days wouldn't have to work around her schedule so much. She's also got the random appearances on talk shows, primetime dramas, charity events, etc. Even with all that, she still manages to squeeze in a workout or two every day. Obviously her plate is full.

To me, it just seems like her priorities are out of whack. It's one thing for parents to work a job with long hours to pay the bills because you're poor, but it's another thing entirely to become such a work-a-holic that your kids become an afterthought. To me, family > work. If Ali manages to give her kids just as much time and attention that she gives her career, then fine. That's great. I have my doubts though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic