Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dr. Baker Is Back!; Updated with SOD conf. on p.12
Topic Started: Mar 2 2010, 04:07 PM (12,403 Views)
Livie

Re: another issue on boards. I can see people not wanting ridicule of the fanbase, but the idea of locking off to non members which is not something 2C does, only locking off posting privilieges seems silly. Oh well. I cannot count how many times people went to 2C and came running back to FL to give over the information. The first big flare up of fan wars was over FL spies who infiltrated a chat with Bryan and his homies and Bryan made some remarks that riled up the world.

When you step away for a short time, it all is really funny, and all of the boards should just be discussion boards, not this shipper stuff which only enhances the wars.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 4 2010, 03:10 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 4 2010, 02:46 PM
I'm glad you said you can understand the reason why people that clearly dislike EJami shouldn't be members at FL. You're exactly right - it is a shipper board. Just at Dirty Martini and Second Chances are for their couples. I think they all have their place and I have no doubt that all of them have the same issues that FL does with people coming in, reading what their members say and then going elsewhere to mock and ridicule it. I don't quite understand the perverse thrill in that myself but others clearly get something out of it.
Incidentally, I know you're not talking to me in this post--and I am not and never have been a member of FL, even when I liked EJami, so I don't really know what y'all are talking about re: the DD stuff over there--but I don't blame people for getting hopeful and excited about alleged inside information. I do wonder, though, because I find it curious any time an alleged spoiler source has news and only good news for one fanbase. It always makes me wonder--assuming the person really is just making stuff up out of whole or nearly whole cloth--why they do it? I mean, are they a super hardcore fan who gets carried away? Are they trolls who are just trying to be cruel? Do they just want to believe it so badly that they've convinced themselves it's true? Is it a power thing (and if so, how sad is that)?

For (hopefully) the last time, maybe everything the alleged insider says is true. Maybe every EJami fan will get every last one of her hopes and dreams fulfilled. But, given the show's track record over the last couple of years of keeping fanbases happy . . . I wouldn't bet on it. Every time I try to think of a fanbase that's gotten to be happy for more than about two weeks I can't think of one.
Could it be as simple as maybe be a writer /writing team/PR person at DOOl leaking small bits of info here and there to different sites to get people to watch the show.. Just a thought :shrug:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Livie
Mar 4 2010, 03:52 PM
Re: another issue on boards. I can see people not wanting ridicule of the fanbase, but the idea of locking off to non members which is not something 2C does, only locking off posting privilieges seems silly. Oh well. I cannot count how many times people went to 2C and came running back to FL to give over the information. The first big flare up of fan wars was over FL spies who infiltrated a chat with Bryan and his homies and Bryan made some remarks that riled up the world.

When you step away for a short time, it all is really funny, and all of the boards should just be discussion boards, not this shipper stuff which only enhances the wars.
I disagree. I think there is place for both kinds of boards on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Those of us who post here primarly, like having differing view points and being able to debate those. Others would rather be in a climate that everyone is pretty much on the same wave length. I think there is room for both. I'm an Ejami, I'm a member of FL. I appreciate that board for what it does for the fans of Ejami, I may not choose to spend all my internet time there, but I certainly think it should be there as long as there are fans to support it. I don't lurk on SC or DM or any of the other fanbase websites, I think there's no point. I'm not waiting for someone to post something so I can run off and report to my Ejami buddies. Some may have nothing better to do, more power to them.

I think if you're not a fan of the couple/character that the website promotes, why would you want to go there? I mean, if that's how you want to spend your time, go for it, but it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Especially if you're wanting to chew appendages off of your body!! :D I think most articles that are posted over there, originate here or are posted here before very long.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

six
Mar 4 2010, 03:30 PM
I just laid the facts out there (two folks, one who never claimed inside info that I've seen who's been speculating, and one person who claims inside info who's been passing out rumors). I didn't intend for anyone to read anything deeper into that statement. As for what to call info from someone with an inside source, even if you really liked what that person had to say, I'm assuming you wouldn't leap 100% on the bandwagon and start saying this person definitely had an inside source, without some proof. Hence the fact that, as SocR said, the FL thread on this being in the "speculation" section of the board. OBK for example, has proved herself, and now I call what she tells us a spoiler, but before I knew who she was, and saw what she said on my screen, I called them rumors.
Obviously the sensible thing to do is wait and see when somebody claims to know something in the future. I wouldn't put any stock whatsoever in the word of someone I didn't know unless and until they could post something in a timely fashion that later turned out to be true. By "timely" I mean far enough in advance that the material would have been taped, and it would need to be specific enough so that I could feel reasonably certain it wasn't just some fan's shot in the dark.

But in the end, none of it really matters anyway, other than a way to idly pass a few minutes on the Internet. The show's going to do what it's going to do, and either I'll like it or I won't. And if I don't, I'll turn off the TV.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JANALH
Mar 4 2010, 04:09 PM
Livie

I disagree. I think there is place for both kinds of boards on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Those of us who post here primarly, like having differing view points and being able to debate those. Others would rather be in a climate that everyone is pretty much on the same wave length. I think there is room for both. I'm an Ejami, I'm a member of FL. I appreciate that board for what it does for the fans of Ejami, I may not choose to spend all my internet time there, but I certainly think it should be there as long as there are fans to support it. I don't lurk on SC or DM or any of the other fanbase websites, I think there's no point. I'm not waiting for someone to post something so I can run off and report to my Ejami buddies. Some may have nothing better to do, more power to them.

I think if you're not a fan of the couple/character that the website promotes, why would you want to go there? I mean, if that's how you want to spend your time, go for it, but it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Especially if you're wanting to chew appendages off of your body!! :D I think most articles that are posted over there, originate here or are posted here before very long.
Okay...so this time I was smart enough to wait and save myself the typing. :D

What Jana said! :thumbsup:

six
Member Avatar

JANALH
Mar 4 2010, 02:23 PM
lysie
Mar 4 2010, 02:14 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 4 2010, 02:08 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepthey
I guess initial excitement can get to anyone.
Okay, chiming in....

I've seen everyone of the pm's, rumor, spoiler, whatevers. And, to answer and earlier question about why people arent' sharing their info....I'm not sure, but anyone can join the DD website and it is listed under rumors. Then, I think you can see what the initial convo was about. Initially, it did sound exciting, and as an Ejami it would be lovely if it played out that way. For myself, I always take these with a grain of salt. I was around for the infamous "generator" story. I've always been a skeptic....not to say I wasn't hopeful, but my line of thinking is, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I don't know who has brought these rumors over here and gloated about them, but I know that the Ejami's that I know that post over here think like I do with regards to these rumors. They're just that, rumors.

I only put stock in a few people online who have proven that what they "spoil" comes to fruition.

I know I, for one, haven't been "bragging" about any of them or waiting to "rub it in" on anybody. That's not to say if by some miracle of the soap gods, all those rumors came true that I wouldn't be happy, but I still wouldn't try to rub it in. All in all, I ain't holding my breath.
I haven't seen all of the secret pms that have been going around lately, but I agree with the statement that it initially sounded good. I never believed Rafe and the Hernandezs would be shipped out*, but some of the things said were plausible. Now, not having seen it all, I have no idea what people are talking about when they say they read things that sounded like ejami fanfic, or whatever, but the first rumor was that EJ would play the hero and bring Sydney back, which would bond ejami. Of course, it's looking like this is going to take place, and I'm not saying that this lady has a source - I'm saying with what was rumored, it was easy to hope that it would happen. Obviously, that was one of two logical outcomes - the other being that EJ would get caught, and as I said, I don't know what the other things are floating around out there, but it's not as if people were told EJ and Sami were getting married or having another kid or something really amazing, and ran with it.

*And I said it didn't sound right to me at the time too that Rafe and co. would be gone soon, and no one took up pitchforks and ran me off the board. ;)
Edited by six, Mar 4 2010, 04:24 PM.

Vicky4Mimi

JANALH
Livie

The TOP SECRET rumors were posted on NBC board S*A*F*E section last night. If an ejami had not been spying on the SAFE board-they wouldn't have known it was there so they could go report back to the others about it. The spying happens on ALL sides and ALL fanbases Im sure. None are any better than the others. Anything that is posted on the internet is fair game to be reported to whomever you chose to report it to.
Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Mar 4 2010, 05:33 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 4 2010, 05:32 PM
JANALH
Livie

The TOP SECRET rumors were posted on NBC board S*A*F*E section last night. If an ejami had not been spying on the SAFE board-they wouldn't have known it was there so they could go report back to the others about it. The spying happens on ALL sides and ALL fanbases Im sure. None are any better than the others. Anything that is posted on the internet is fair game to be reported to whomever you chose to report it to.
I don't go to NBC, so I can't really speak to what happened there. Are you saying a Safe posted all the Ejami rumors in a Safe thread, or an Ejami posted the rumors in a Safe thread? I guess I'm trying to figure out why either would want to do that.

You're absolutely right that anything is fair game on the internet, I just think it would be someone with alot of time and energy on their hands to want to go spy on one group to report to another. Maybe they have visions of being a spy.... :shrug:

As for them being top secret, I don't know about that.....it seems like EVERYBODY knows about them??? I just didn't put a whole lot of thought into all of it or feel the need to run from one website to another to post what someone THINKS is going to happen. There is nothing with any concrete proof in any of the stuff that I've seen. Now, if OBK told me something, or it was posted here, I'd bank on it, but until I feel I can believe the posters claims, I'm not running around sharing it.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
JANALH
Livie

I haven't seen anyone here claim the spying only happens to the EJami fan base or at FL. In fact, I've mentioned at least once that I'm sure it happens everywhere.

But it still doesn't change the fact that it seems odd that anyone claiming to hate a particularcouple to the point of self inflicting bodily harm would maintain a membership and spend time at their shipper site.

Criss33
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 4 2010, 05:42 PM
Vicky4Mimi
JANALH

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepI think if you're not a fan of the couple/character that the website promotes, why would you want to go there? I mean, if that's how you want to spend your time, go for it, but it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Especially if you're wanting to chew appendages off of your body!! :D I think most articles that are posted over there, originate here or are posted here before very long.

I haven't seen anyone here claim the spying only happens to the EJami fan base or at FL. In fact, I've mentioned at least once that I'm sure it happens everywhere.

But it still doesn't change the fact that it seems odd that anyone claiming to hate a particularcouple to the point of self inflicting bodily harm would maintain a membership and spend time at their shipper site.
Why would some people, who don't like a couple check out that couple's site let alone be a member of the site, it just makes no sense to me :shrug:
suckers for punishment i guess!!!
Edited by Criss33, Mar 4 2010, 06:46 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Posted Image

God, make it stop. Please.

In between the spitting matches about "he said, she said, I rule, we win", I read some interesting speculations about Dr. Baker (you know, the guy in the thread title?)

Somewhere, I missed that he wasn't coming back for Nicole. Although, I was actually getting to the point of really wanting a Nicole baby, the specs of him either being involved in Melanie's adoption (although I really don't wish more fodder for the Melanie hour), or an interesting retcon that Chad is Susan's bab is rather cool. Although, I don't see how you can SORASE EJ with people thinking that he's Susan's son (a guy in his early 30's) with a guy who IS currently a teen on the canvas.

I'm just glad Doc Baker is back.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

"Spies", "traitors", "Top Secret"....sounds like we need Gitmo afterall.

LoL

Paxton
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 5 2010, 07:02 AM
or an interesting retcon that Chad is Susan's bab is rather cool. Although, I don't see how you can SORASE EJ with people thinking that he's Susan's son (a guy in his early 30's) with a guy who IS currently a teen on the canvas.
This is making my head hurt. I had the same problem reading the thread earlier and I thought I was just misunderstanding or that people were acknowledging this wouldn't work but just wishing it would. We already had people wondering how there could be any confusion about Mia and Melanie and they're only three years apart.

I still think Dr. Baker's going to be tangling with Stefano and/or Rafe. Just because it's not Nicole he's (initially) crossing paths with doesn't necessarily mean he's not going to be involved in some entirely separate story.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 5 2010, 12:20 PM
ladyofthelake
Mar 5 2010, 07:02 AM
or an interesting retcon that Chad is Susan's bab is rather cool. Although, I don't see how you can SORASE EJ with people thinking that he's Susan's son (a guy in his early 30's) with a guy who IS currently a teen on the canvas.
This is making my head hurt. I had the same problem reading the thread earlier and I thought I was just misunderstanding or that people were acknowledging this wouldn't work but just wishing it would. We already had people wondering how there could be any confusion about Mia and Melanie and they're only three years apart.

I still think Dr. Baker's going to be tangling with Stefano and/or Rafe. Just because it's not Nicole he's (initially) crossing paths with doesn't necessarily mean he's not going to be involved in some entirely separate story.
It was more of a wish, lol. It started with me saying that I wished they had never said EJ was Susan's so they could do that.

Paxton
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 5 2010, 12:25 PM
It was more of a wish, lol. It started with me saying that I wished they had never said EJ was Susan's so they could do that.
Oh, ok, lol. I thought it was something like that but the thread kind of wandered off into non-Dr.-Baker territory for a while and I lost track, as I so often do.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 5 2010, 12:36 PM
lysie
Mar 5 2010, 12:25 PM
Oh, ok, lol. I thought it was something like that but the thread kind of wandered off into non-Dr.-Baker territory for a while and I lost track, as I so often do.
It wasn't difficult to do in this thread!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Livie
Mar 4 2010, 01:39 PM
TINA222
Mar 4 2010, 11:19 AM
I thought it was silly but at least it came from somewhere. Making things up is way worse. If this person was legit why arent they letting everyone see their spoilers? That they are targeting a certain fan base should be a red flag. No legit source of spoilers does that. The ones here dont. That is why people trust them. They dont have an agenda.
What is my speculation on those spoilers/rumours? If you read between the lines, the site needed members, it was dying on the vine, and guess what happened with those spoilers that got leaked by the buzzard, I mean birdie. The site got members, got posters, got life. Ejamis were so thirsty for any hope when most of them knew the direction of the SL anyway, the fact that here was someone, saying it was just EJ trying to make Sami see the light was a lifeline to cling to.

It could play out that way, Sami finding him to be her hero, while Rafe is cold to how grateful she is to EJ. For awhile. Nothing says Rafe is not going to find out what really happened, and here we go again.

One of the big spoilers was posted on Jan. 15 saying that guess what? Lucas was going to be out of Sami's life, and btw off the show. Amazing to hear that almost three weeks to the day it was outed from both 2C and NBC boards.

The whole thing was like some giant EJami wish list, and now they are checking off each blurry happening off like it was posted by the Second Coming.

I will agree with those who find the blatant hints and taunts to be fish bait.

I saw the "rumors/spoilers" whatever you want to call them go up very quickly at NBC and it's kind of funny how the list contained only good things going on for Ejami and nothing bad...nothing about Sami and EJ fighting over Sydney after the truth comes out...nothing? It was all positive, they would have hot sex in May and would be married by xmas and Rafe AND Nicole would be gone? The first thing I said to myself was wow! who believes this? and it's true what you said about that particular board needing members.....and they got a bunch of members in a very quick period of time--Mission Accomplished for the board....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 5 2010, 05:24 PM
Livie
TINA222
Mar 4 2010, 11:19 AM
I thought it was silly but at least it came from somewhere. Making things up is way worse. If this person was legit why arent they letting everyone see their spoilers? That they are targeting a certain fan base should be a red flag. No legit source of spoilers does that. The ones here dont. That is why people trust them. They dont have an agenda.
What is my speculation on those spoilers/rumours? If you read between the lines, the site needed members, it was dying on the vine, and guess what happened with those spoilers that got leaked by the buzzard, I mean birdie. The site got members, got posters, got life. Ejamis were so thirsty for any hope when most of them knew the direction of the SL anyway, the fact that here was someone, saying it was just EJ trying to make Sami see the light was a lifeline to cling to.

It could play out that way, Sami finding him to be her hero, while Rafe is cold to how grateful she is to EJ. For awhile. Nothing says Rafe is not going to find out what really happened, and here we go again.

One of the big spoilers was posted on Jan. 15 saying that guess what? Lucas was going to be out of Sami's life, and btw off the show. Amazing to hear that almost three weeks to the day it was outed from both 2C and NBC boards.

The whole thing was like some giant EJami wish list, and now they are checking off each blurry happening off like it was posted by the Second Coming.

I will agree with those who find the blatant hints and taunts to be fish bait.

I saw the "rumors/spoilers" whatever you want to call them go up very quickly at NBC and it's kind of funny how the list contained only good things going on for Ejami and nothing bad...nothing about Sami and EJ fighting over Sydney after the truth comes out...nothing? It was all positive, they would have hot sex in May and would be married by xmas and Rafe AND Nicole would be gone? The first thing I said to myself was wow! who believes this? and it's true what you said about that particular board needing members.....and they got a bunch of members in a very quick period of time--Mission Accomplished for the board....
Really? That's what was posted at NBC?

I haven't seen the rumors in a while but I don't recall there ever being any mention of Nicole being gone, and I think the ones I did see said something about Sami and EJ having a huge blow out when she found out the truth, which would lead to them falling in to bed. Or something like that. It sounds like the old 'telephone game' we used to play when I was a kid - the more things got passed around the more they were embellished for one reason or another.

Either way - I agree that the rumors were far too EJami-centric, which is why so many found them hard to believe. A nice read for EJami fans, but seriously suspect.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

SocRMum1
Mar 5 2010, 05:38 PM
LuvingLumi
Livie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

I haven't seen the rumors in a while but I don't recall there ever being any mention of Nicole being gone, and I think the ones I did see said something about Sami and EJ having a huge blow out when she found out the truth, which would lead to them falling in to bed. Or something like that. It sounds like the old 'telephone game' we used to play when I was a kid - the more things got passed around the more they were embellished for one reason or another.

Either way - I agree that the rumors were far too EJami-centric, which is why so many found them hard to believe. A nice read for EJami fans, but seriously suspect.
Well it said that Nicole would be completely out of Ej's orbit (not leaving Salem, I worded that wrong) and that the entire Hernandez crew would be gone from Salem...that their time in Salem was up...or something similarly worded....to me it's very clear that whomever the source of the initial spoilers was might have given an attempt to use some very general stuff and put it out there in order to gain some fans for their board....for example...I think one of the more specific ones I saw that was typed up at NBC was "Sami and EJ reunite".....I somehow think that the original poster might have left out an important word or two...like maybe, "Sami and EJ Reunite with Sydney"....get my drift....too much was made on Sony and NBC about March being a great month for Ejami as they were going to end up together....it's far fetched considering the storyline....not saying that it can't happen down the line, shit this is a soap and anything is possible but for March to be pivotal I would say is beyond strange....considering that EJ's latest fucking plan will probably not be revealed to Sami at least until May sweeps but I say they will milk the shit out of this storyline and she'll find out the truth by November sweeps.....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 5 2010, 06:01 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 5 2010, 05:38 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Well it said that Nicole would be completely out of Ej's orbit (not leaving Salem, I worded that wrong) and that the entire Hernandez crew would be gone from Salem...that their time in Salem was up...or something similarly worded....to me it's very clear that whomever the source of the initial spoilers was might have given an attempt to use some very general stuff and put it out there in order to gain some fans for their board....for example...I think one of the more specific ones I saw that was typed up at NBC was "Sami and EJ reunite".....I somehow think that the original poster might have left out an important word or two...like maybe, "Sami and EJ Reunite with Sydney"....get my drift....too much was made on Sony and NBC about March being a great month for Ejami as they were going to end up together....it's far fetched considering the storyline....not saying that it can't happen down the line, shit this is a soap and anything is possible but for March to be pivotal I would say is beyond strange....considering that EJ's latest fucking plan will probably not be revealed to Sami at least until May sweeps but I say they will milk the shit out of this storyline and she'll find out the truth by November sweeps.....
I agree - I don't look for EJ's role in this to be revealed to Sami until November sweeps - and they'll spend the time until then 'growing closer'. But that's just my own hopeful speculation more than anything else...definitely not a spoiler or even a rumor. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply