Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dr. Baker Is Back!; Updated with SOD conf. on p.12
Topic Started: Mar 2 2010, 04:07 PM (12,556 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 2 2010, 04:38 PM
dc cubs
Mar 2 2010, 04:37 PM
If Callahan just started taping this week it could be mid to late April before we see him on the show.
Gary Tomlin probably had the idea to have Dr. Baker be one of the people who comes to visit Alice.
LMAO! :lol: He is one of her "sons" after all, according to John Callahan and Arianne Zucker's one trivia they did together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If Nicole and EJ's baby is actually alive, I'll be pissed. That's so stupid! She miscarried. Leave it be.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 2 2010, 04:38 PM
dc cubs
Mar 2 2010, 04:37 PM
If Callahan just started taping this week it could be mid to late April before we see him on the show.
Gary Tomlin probably had the idea to have Dr. Baker be one of the people who comes to visit Alice.
:laugh:

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

DrewHamilton
Mar 2 2010, 04:43 PM
If Nicole and EJ's baby is actually alive, I'll be pissed. That's so stupid! She miscarried. Leave it be.
Ugh.

That would make the past year and a half completely pointless.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
I used to feel this way, but this story has sucked so much of my caring about the show and the characters in this storyline I just don't care if they do undo the miscarriage that was supposed to explain away all her desperation and reward her with a baby after all of this.

GJ days!

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Don't know what this will bring but I really hope that they give Dr. Baker a life outside of this baby story and he can be Vivian's love interest or at the very least her sidekick. She could use an informant at the hospital to keep tabs on Carly. Those two would be delicious.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

IMissAremid
Mar 2 2010, 04:50 PM
DrewHamilton
I used to feel this way, but this story has sucked so much of my caring about the show and the characters in this storyline I just don't care if they do undo the miscarriage that was supposed to explain away all her desperation and reward her with a baby after all of this.

GJ days!
Hell no.

What about the EJami baby? I don't want to go through another year of Sami's fake tears as she worries about where her real daughter is. :laugh:

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm guessing his return spells trouble for both Stefano and Nicole, since she wanted him dead and Stefano supposedly made it happen - unless Stefano arranged it and has been paying Baker in exchange for silence.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

six
Mar 2 2010, 04:32 PM
lysie
Mar 2 2010, 04:10 PM
More trouble for Nicole?
Maybe he wants revenge. She is indirectly responsible for getting him "killed" and she's a lot easier to take down than Stefano.
Very plausible.

And the Ejole baby being alive wouldn't make and sense because think of all the money it would've cost him to keep the baby alive. Did Nicole ever get to hold her baby after the miscarriage?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Yay, I love Dr. Baker! We don't know that he has nothing left to reveal nor do we know that if he does have something left to reveal, it will be stupid--or at least not more stupid than anything else has been. If EJ can be rewarded with full parental rights to Johnny after the circumstances of his conception with nary a soul questioning it I don't think it's so awful or mystifying to reward Nicole with Sydney or another baby if that's what happens. I think it's actually kind of an interesting story about all the suffering Nicole put herself through for nothing if that's how we turns it. But for all we know, it won't. And I still think that they're trying to leave room for a Safe baby (ugh to another Sami pregnancy, but I can see it happening) so un-relating Sami from one of her litter could happen.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I hope his return means that either Sydney is Nicole's (would love that!) or that Nicole's baby didn't die. I want Nicole to have a baby.

Mindy
Member Avatar

OMG!!! Yes!! Please make this mean that Sydney is Nicole's baby!

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Mar 2 2010, 04:07 PM
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2010/03/02/john-callahan-brings-dastardly-dr-baker-back-to-days-for-lengthier-stint

Ruh roh. Looks like more trouble for Nicole Walker Roberts Kiriakis DiMera (Arianne Zucker) once she gets out of the clink. Sources say John Callahan is back on set at Days of Our Lives this week reprising the role of Dr. Baker, the sinister physician who helped Nikki switch Sami (Alison Sweeney) and Mia's (Taylor Sprietler) babies. Look for this stint to be a bit lengthier, according to one mole.
I thought Dr. Baker was murdered and the DiMeras were trying to make it look like Rafe did it?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Oh noooo. I liked Doc Bak in the beginning but then the praise seems like it went to the writers and the actor's head. Too much cheese with this guy.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IMissAremid
Mar 2 2010, 04:36 PM
px780
Mar 2 2010, 04:28 PM
My gut wants no more identity switching with this kid, and no more magical babies out there somewhere waiting to be collected.

But then...at this point, 17 years in with no end in sight...fuck it. Go for it writers. Make Sydney Sami's then have Nicole's baby out there somewhere having a tea party with Mia's baby (Mia- is she still around? who cares, we need that baby now!). And Zack is babysitting them, but Zack isn't really Hope's baby- it's Carly's! With Bo!
Fuck that. Bring back Zack with John Black and it turns out he was the dad all along, not the mime, even if you still make Carly the mom. :lol:
I'm down for that...only it'll have to change after like 6 months to keep the storyline fresh.

But if we're going that route then Dr. Dan has to be the one to cure John's paralysis- off-screen, of course. And Marlena will come back with him but will be never be seen because she'll always be "upstairs" babysitting Sami's 7 other children while Sami and Rafe go on a trip around town (budget cuts, y'all) in search of another heretofore unmentioned baby that is also possibly Sami's. Or Rafe's, like his dead wife secretly gave birth or something (and that baby, of course, will turn out to be EJ's at some point...which we'll discover when it "dies" during sweeps).

And all of this? Triggered by Dr. Baker's big return.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 2 2010, 04:56 PM
Yay, I love Dr. Baker! We don't know that he has nothing left to reveal nor do we know that if he does have something left to reveal, it will be stupid--or at least not more stupid than anything else has been. If EJ can be rewarded with full parental rights to Johnny after the circumstances of his conception with nary a soul questioning it I don't think it's so awful or mystifying to reward Nicole with Sydney or another baby if that's what happens. I think it's actually kind of an interesting story about all the suffering Nicole put herself through for nothing if that's how we turns it. But for all we know, it won't. And I still think that they're trying to leave room for a Safe baby (ugh to another Sami pregnancy, but I can see it happening) so un-relating Sami from one of her litter could happen.
Nope. i don;t think Sami will be having another baby this soon at all. She's only 30 and she has Will, Johnny, Ali and Sydney. No new baby let alone a :puke: Safe baby.

Kiren
Member Avatar

Dorothy595
Mar 2 2010, 05:01 PM
LovingDays
Mar 2 2010, 04:07 PM
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2010/03/02/john-callahan-brings-dastardly-dr-baker-back-to-days-for-lengthier-stint

Ruh roh. Looks like more trouble for Nicole Walker Roberts Kiriakis DiMera (Arianne Zucker) once she gets out of the clink. Sources say John Callahan is back on set at Days of Our Lives this week reprising the role of Dr. Baker, the sinister physician who helped Nikki switch Sami (Alison Sweeney) and Mia's (Taylor Sprietler) babies. Look for this stint to be a bit lengthier, according to one mole.
I thought Dr. Baker was murdered and the DiMeras were trying to make it look like Rafe did it?
His pinky finger twitched so we were being led to believe he wasn't dead and he could be brought back any time to the writers' leisure.

jane1978

This is great news. I really liked him and he had good chemistry with everyone. As for why he is returning, I donīt think it has to be necesseraly connected to Sydney and/or Nicole. It was always clear TPTB likes him and I think they promissed him when there is an interesting story to tell they will bring him back. Who knows what their plans form him are now.

Kali
Member Avatar

Very interesting. I think Syd will end up being Nicole's baby. TPTB have made a point of having Sami acting inappopriately while Syd's been missing by seeming more concerned with getting busy with Rafe than worrying about "her" baby. It's happened so many times, that I don't think it's been coincidental.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

YES!! Love him! I'm shocked this isn't Lawrence but I figured it was either him or Dr. Baker. JC and AZ were great together.

I knew hat twitching finger was there for a reason. I'm not sure what it means as far as anymore twists (although I would love Sydney to be Nicole's or for Nicole's baby to be out there somewhere). They mention this stay being lengthier. He knows how dangerous Stefano is so I doubt he would threaten Stefano. Perhaps Stefano brings him in to assist him in some manner?

Very interesting.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 2 2010, 05:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply