Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kidnapped: Leann Hunley interview; Sony special feature
Topic Started: Mar 2 2010, 05:43 PM (1,255 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kidnapped!

Anna kidnapped Sydney?! It didn't make any sense at all when we first saw her holding the little girl. Them it was further revealed that EJ is behind Sydney's kidnapping. What? That was the initial reaction of a lot of people when he showed up at the door of the cottage where Anna was staying with Sydney. On further reflection, and as more back story was revealed, it began to make a little more sense. He was beyond angry that Sami had kept Grace from him and this was going to be his way of punishing her: taking her real daughter away from her, for good.

But how did EJ and Anna hook up? Good question. When we put it to Leann, she wasn't letting on. " The only indications I have are some of my dialogue, which is something like "I came to you" or "I reached out to you, EJ, when you needed help," Leann told us. "And then I understand that he reached out to me! Somehow!"

We're sure all will be revealed, eventually. But as time as passed, EJ has begun to seem more and more cruel. He plotted to break Sami and Rafe up by forcing her to lie to him about ransom notes he'd received from the "kidnapper." He made Sami doubt Rafe and his ability to bring Sydney back. He made Sami think Sydney was dead by putting her clothes in the river; he revealed the little girl was still alive by showing a video (that he then used to spy on Sami to make sure she wasn't talking to Rafe). And he constantly finagled to get back in Sami's life. Because, to paraphrase Anna, how could he be so cruel to someone he loves? Because he clearly still has feelings, strong feelings, for Sami.

We don't know exactly how Anna became involved with EJ. What about why? As Leann said, she is "only motivated by love or money. You got one or the other. Your choices are … Love or money." So she's at least hoping to get a little cash out of the wealthy DiMeras. But what about Sami? She may not particularly like Sami, but does Anna feel badly about what she's putting her through? "Yeah," Leann told us, "because the other thing about Anna is, she's got a heart. She really cares. She has had children. She does feel empathy for Sami at this point, I think. And she's feeling a little guilty that she's put her through so much."

On the other hand, she has to know how much this must be killing Stefano, a man who is all about family. And that Anna might kind of enjoy, because, "of course she hates Stefano!" Leann laughed. "She always, always wants a way to dig at him, somehow. It's like poking a grizzly bear with a stick! Will he bite me? Will he bite me? I don't know; if I poke him again … I feel like that's kind of the dance that I do with him. Until he smacks me down with his big paw! And I'll probably just keep doing that."

We're not sure how all of this is going to turn out, but at least it's an enjoyable dance to watch.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/news_events/detail_4382.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Her quote about Anna v. Stefano is spot-on and laugh-out-loud brilliant. I wish they had played that up more recently. When it comes down to it, I think Anna feels she deserves more than what she got and love was out the window for her once they "robbed" her Tony from her. Bitch should be out for blood. A little empathy for Sami is fine - I just hope she has more to do when all the pins have dropped.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.

TFP! Love Leanne!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Quote:

TFP! Love Leanne!

cassie1013

Quote:

We're sure all will be revealed, eventually.

I wouldn't bet on that, LOL. This is DAYS, after all!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Yay! FINALLY a new fresh perspective on this whole story!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thanks!!I adore this woman.,and she has been the only saving grace to this stupid ass story.

StephanieYates
Member Avatar

did anybody see her on NCIS last night??
she did pretty good...she wasn't on much, but it was good

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ladyofthelake
Mar 3 2010, 06:19 AM
Yay! FINALLY a new fresh perspective on this whole story!
Yep!

Now if we can just get more of Anna's POV on screen...

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 2 2010, 05:43 PM
Kidnapped!

Anna kidnapped Sydney?! It didn't make any sense at all when we first saw her holding the little girl. Them it was further revealed that EJ is behind Sydney's kidnapping. What? That was the initial reaction of a lot of people when he showed up at the door of the cottage where Anna was staying with Sydney. On further reflection, and as more back story was revealed, it began to make a little more sense. He was beyond angry that Sami had kept Grace from him and this was going to be his way of punishing her: taking her real daughter away from her, for good.

But how did EJ and Anna hook up? Good question. When we put it to Leann, she wasn't letting on. " The only indications I have are some of my dialogue, which is something like "I came to you" or "I reached out to you, EJ, when you needed help," Leann told us. "And then I understand that he reached out to me! Somehow!"

We're sure all will be revealed, eventually. But as time as passed, EJ has begun to seem more and more cruel. He plotted to break Sami and Rafe up by forcing her to lie to him about ransom notes he'd received from the "kidnapper." He made Sami doubt Rafe and his ability to bring Sydney back. He made Sami think Sydney was dead by putting her clothes in the river; he revealed the little girl was still alive by showing a video (that he then used to spy on Sami to make sure she wasn't talking to Rafe). And he constantly finagled to get back in Sami's life. Because, to paraphrase Anna, how could he be so cruel to someone he loves? Because he clearly still has feelings, strong feelings, for Sami.

We don't know exactly how Anna became involved with EJ. What about why? As Leann said, she is "only motivated by love or money. You got one or the other. Your choices are … Love or money." So she's at least hoping to get a little cash out of the wealthy DiMeras. But what about Sami? She may not particularly like Sami, but does Anna feel badly about what she's putting her through? "Yeah," Leann told us, "because the other thing about Anna is, she's got a heart. She really cares. She has had children. She does feel empathy for Sami at this point, I think. And she's feeling a little guilty that she's put her through so much."

On the other hand, she has to know how much this must be killing Stefano, a man who is all about family. And that Anna might kind of enjoy, because, "of course she hates Stefano!" Leann laughed. "She always, always wants a way to dig at him, somehow. It's like poking a grizzly bear with a stick! Will he bite me? Will he bite me? I don't know; if I poke him again … I feel like that's kind of the dance that I do with him. Until he smacks me down with his big paw! And I'll probably just keep doing that."

We're not sure how all of this is going to turn out, but at least it's an enjoyable dance to watch.

EJ has feelings for Sami, strong feelings, huh? Just what kind of feelings are those? Surely not love-- you don't do the things he has done to someone you love. Possession, obsession maybe, but love, not in my book.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Mar 3 2010, 08:17 PM
Angie79
Mar 2 2010, 05:43 PM
Kidnapped!

EJ has feelings for Sami, strong feelings, huh? Just what kind of feelings are those? Surely not love-- you don't do the things he has done to someone you love. Possession, obsession maybe, but love, not in my book.
I disagree. EJ has been acting like an ass these past several weeks, presumably due to the breakdown and 'very dark place' Corday told us we'd see. But I think we're on the cusp of seeing EJ finally realize that the reason he's so angry with Sami is because he DOES love her. He never thought she could or would hurt him as badly as she did when she told him Grace was their daughter just after she died. But she did - and the fact is, it was a horrible thing for her to do. Neither one of them are blameless in the entire scenario nor have either one of them handled things the way most of us would in real life.

But I'm looking forward to EJ's realization that in working so hard to hurt Sami he will actually be filled with regret and fear when he realizes the full impact of what he did and the potential devastation it could have on his future with his family. Great soapy angst. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply