Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Read Letter Day/Nathan Finds Out; March 16th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Mar 4 2010, 04:14 PM (5,202 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:Read Letter Day for Stephanie

Stephanie grapples with the fact that she kept Melanie’s letter from Nathan. She confides in Lexie and Caroline. She is hoping for someone to agree with her and tell her she did the right thing.

Unbeknownst to Stephanie, Melanie and Nathan have a talk and Nathan finds out about the letter. When Stephanie visits Melanie, Melanie rips into her. Melanie asks her why did she what she did. Shelley says “ Stephanie is finally like, ‘I’ve had it. You are married to Phillip. What the heck did you need the letter to Nathan for? How could you do that to Phillp? How could you do that to Nathan?’” She makes Melanie feel guilty and tells her that she has Phillip now and to leave Nathan alone.

Stephanie then warns Melanie. She asks her if she wants Phillip to find out about the letter. Melanie says she doesn’t. So Stephanie says, ‘Then you know to stay away from Nathan.’ Shelley says, “She makes Melanie feel like crap and then Stephanie leaves.”

Shelley points out that Melanie has been the cause of a lot of Stephanie’s heartache and that Stephanie has been through enough drama of her own already. “She was raped, kidnapped, her ex-fiance makes this sex tape with Melanie, the girl she can’t stand. Melanie broke up Stephanie and Max, lets not forget that. She screws up everything in Stephanie’s lfe.” She does feel bad for Melanie, but can’t take it anymore. “The sex tape was the last straw,” says Shelley.

As for Nathan, Shelley says, “It’s not good, but what Stephanie said to make herself feel better is, ‘He shouldn’t know about the letter because it’s only going to hurt him because he can’t have Melanie.’ It’s better for Nathan this way, but really it’s also better for Stephanie.” However, she does call Nathan and tells him they need to talk.

SOW:Nathan Learns About Melanie's Letter

A tender moment between Nathan and Melanie leads to Nathan finding out about the letter that Melanie wrote to him before she married Phillip.

Melanie accuses Nathan of being nice to her because he feels guilty about not reading the letter. Nathan is confused and doesn’t know what she is talking about. Then he thinks back to his trip with Stephanie and remembers that Stephanie had a letter from Melanie at the lodge. Mark says, “At the time, Nathan thought it was none of his business. By the end of his conversation with Melanie, he finally puts two and two together.”

When he realizes the letter was for him, his pager goes off before he gets the chance to ask her what was in it.

While Nathan is gone, Melanie realizes that Stephanie never gave him the letter and she is furious. When Stephanie stops by, she rips into her. Stephanie insists that Nathan didn’t want to hear about her and that he has moved on. She reminds Melanie that she is married to Phillp and she shouldn’t be pining after Nathan. Later on, Nathan runs into Maggie and she realizes something is amiss right away.

Nathan tells Maggie he just found out about the letter that Melanie wrote him before she got married, Maggie doesn’t know anything about it.

Nathan can only speculate that Melanie explained how she feels about him in the letter, and he second guesses his decision not the stop the wedding. “Maggie reminds Nathan that Melanie is married now – that even though this is troubling him, he has to let it go, “ says Mark. “He has to make it stop.”

Nathan listens to what Maggie has to say and tries to make himself realize that he has to give up on Melanie. However, he is still conflicted. “Married or not, feelings are feelings. Nathan’s not convinced there’s nothing he can do. And he needs to start by finding out what this letter business is about.”

Nathan heads back to the hospital to talk to Melanie, but she is sleeping. He then gets a call from Stephanie and she tells him they need to talk.

Nathan of course, realizes that Stephanie deliberately kept the letter from him. “Nathan’s not happy about that at all. Stephanie had no right doing that,” says Mark. She may lose Nathan as a result.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Oh boo-hoo Princess, suck it.

peaches179

Angie79
Mar 4 2010, 04:14 PM

She does feel bad for Melanie, but can’t take it anymore. “The sex tape was the last straw,” says Shelley.

This storyline is so damn boring. But I found this to be hilarious.....

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Shelley points out that Melanie has been the cause of a lot of Stephanie’s heartache and that Stephanie has been through enough drama of her own already. “She was raped, kidnapped, her ex-fiance makes this sex tape with Melanie, the girl she can’t stand. Melanie broke up Stephanie and Max, lets not forget that. She screws up everything in Stephanie’s lfe.” She does feel bad for Melanie, but can’t take it anymore. “The sex tape was the last straw,” says Shelley.
I hope this means that these facts are incorporated into the dialogue. Everybody's supposed to feel oh so super sorry every five minutes for poor Melanie and her ever-changing backstory, but Stephanie's rape and kidnapping that we saw onscreen . . . meh. No big deal. Her emotional scars aren't apparently important or interesting enough to mention.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Shelley says, “She makes Melanie feel like crap and then Stephanie leaves.”
This sounds dull as crap, but since this happens I'm on Team Stephanie.

Thanks Angie!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I just mentioned this in the spoiler thread for the week of 3/15 so glad Angie posted it LOL.

I love this. The quad is finally picking up and Stephanie is finally active in it. Good stuff.

jane1978

Wonderfull! This quadrangle is really starting to heating up now.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I did forget about Melanie breaking up Stephanie and Uncle Max.
And what is really funny is that Melanie can't stop bitching about how Carly fucked up everyone's life...well, Melanie ain't an angel either. She hasn't been that great in Stephanie's life, and totally started the D/K war with the fuel's project, and I ain't even gonna start on what she did to Nick's life.
So again, STFU, Melanie.

And sorry, Steph, but I don't feel for you too much either. I haven't liked you in any pairing that you have had.

darraholic
Member Avatar

A sex tape was worse then being raped or kidnapped? Okay.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I think that was just the final straw for her where Melanie was concerned, especially since they had gotten friendly prior to that.

sungrey

I know I'm in a minority here but I thought Stephanie and Max were a good couple, but I think the show knew Darin Brooks was thinking of leaving and scuttled the pairing.

That said, I like this quad. It's refreshing to see they're not painting Stephanie as a pure bitch because she's having some remorse about the letter, etc.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

This story continues to sound like the storyline for the teens. Stephanie continues to make me want to set her on fire just to get some light in those eyes.

esp13
Member Avatar

I've always liked Stephanie and I'm glad that, for once, she gets to tell Melanie where to go. Melanie's been in Stephanie's grill about pretty much everything since the day Max and Stephanie found Melanie in France. Whether intentionally (often) or unintentionally (occassionally), Melanie has messed with Stephanie's life over and over again. I don't blame the girl for finally deciding enough is enough. Besides, if Melanie was stupid enough to think that using her soon-to-be husband's ex-fiance to deliver a note to another man on her wedding day was a good idea, then she totally deserved what Stephanie did.

That said, I totally expect Nathan to be pissed and he would have a right to be. Stephanie should have been honest with him (although it's not like he's been especially honest with her). But Melanie can suck it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW:Nathan Learns About Melanie's Letter

A tender moment between Nathan and Melanie leads to Nathan finding out about the letter that Melanie wrote to him before she married Phillip.

Melanie accuses Nathan of being nice to her because he feels guilty about not reading the letter. Nathan is confused and doesn’t know what she is talking about. Then he thinks back to his trip with Stephanie and remembers that Stephanie had a letter from Melanie at the lodge. Mark says, “At the time, Nathan thought it was none of his business. By the end of his conversation with Melanie, he finally puts two and two together.”

When he realizes the letter was for him, his pager goes off before he gets the chance to ask her what was in it.

While Nathan is gone, Melanie realizes that Stephanie never gave him the letter and she is furious. When Stephanie stops by, she rips into her. Stephanie insists that Nathan didn’t want to hear about her and that he has moved on. She reminds Melanie that she is married to Phillp and she shouldn’t be pining after Nathan. Later on, Nathan runs into Maggie and she realizes something is amiss right away.

Nathan tells Maggie he just found out about the letter that Melanie wrote him before she got married, Maggie doesn’t know anything about it.

Nathan can only speculate that Melanie explained how she feels about him in the letter, and he second guesses his decision not the stop the wedding. “Maggie reminds Nathan that Melanie is married now – that even though this is troubling him, he has to let it go, “ says Mark. “He has to make it stop.”

Nathan listens to what Maggie has to say and tries to make himself realize that he has to give up on Melanie. However, he is still conflicted. “Married or not, feelings are feelings. Nathan’s not convinced there’s nothing he can do. And he needs to start by finding out what this letter business is about.”

Nathan heads back to the hospital to talk to Melanie, but she is sleeping. He then gets a call from Stephanie and she tells him they need to talk.

Nathan of course, realizes that Stephanie deliberately kept the letter from him. “Nathan’s not happy about that at all. Stephanie had no right doing that,” says Mark. She may lose Nathan as a result.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Well I couldn't care less about Stephanie and Melanie is annoying the hell out of me - but I really like Mark Hapka so I'm glad to see they are giving Nathan some good scenes.

Thanks for posting, Angie.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Mar 4 2010, 04:40 PM
Nathan can only speculate that Melanie explained how she feels about him in the letter, and he second guesses his decision not the stop the weeding.
Love this typo!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Paxton
Mar 4 2010, 04:49 PM
Angie79
Mar 4 2010, 04:40 PM
Nathan can only speculate that Melanie explained how she feels about him in the letter, and he second guesses his decision not the stop the weeding.
Love this typo!
LOL! Makes it look like my mind was somewhere else.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The stuff with Nathan and Melanie sounds good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm just glad Stephanie's talking to Caroline, rather than Maggie. The rest, meh...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

They really need to wrap this up and move on. I've said it before about this "quad", but could be interested in Nathan lashing out about Stephanie's betrayal, or Melanie not getting her letter read if these people had done more than gone on a couple of dates with each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply