Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Read Letter Day/Nathan Finds Out; March 16th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Mar 4 2010, 04:14 PM (5,167 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

I don't see much of a quad here - I see a triangle.

I thought Nathan would find out the contents of the letter based on the weekly spoilers - sounds like he doesn't and with Melanie being put under blackmail, I don't think he will for a while.

But at least this will give him some motivation to keep trying with Melanie. I don't want him to give up because I want him to win her over and get her the freak away from Philip permanently.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I really hate Stephanie. Seriously, I used to like the character a lot but now she's just so...one-dimensional that I can't deal with it or feel sorry for her in any way, shape, or form. I know all of that stuff happened to her, but considering the character I just don't care. Hopefully this story line will give her some depth and character traits. Right now she's just 'meh' for me.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Mar 4 2010, 05:48 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

esp13
Mar 4 2010, 04:39 PM
I've always liked Stephanie and I'm glad that, for once, she gets to tell Melanie where to go. Melanie's been in Stephanie's grill about pretty much everything since the day Max and Stephanie found Melanie in France. Whether intentionally (often) or unintentionally (occassionally), Melanie has messed with Stephanie's life over and over again. I don't blame the girl for finally deciding enough is enough. Besides, if Melanie was stupid enough to think that using her soon-to-be husband's ex-fiance to deliver a note to another man on her wedding day was a good idea, then she totally deserved what Stephanie did.

That said, I totally expect Nathan to be pissed and he would have a right to be. Stephanie should have been honest with him (although it's not like he's been especially honest with her). But Melanie can suck it.
That's pretty much my feeling too.

libra67

Paxton
Mar 4 2010, 04:21 PM
Angie79
Mar 4 2010, 04:14 PM
Shelley points out that Melanie has been the cause of a lot of Stephanie’s heartache and that Stephanie has been through enough drama of her own already. “She was raped, kidnapped, her ex-fiance makes this sex tape with Melanie, the girl she can’t stand. Melanie broke up Stephanie and Max, lets not forget that. She screws up everything in Stephanie’s lfe.” She does feel bad for Melanie, but can’t take it anymore. “The sex tape was the last straw,” says Shelley.
I hope this means that these facts are incorporated into the dialogue. Everybody's supposed to feel oh so super sorry every five minutes for poor Melanie and her ever-changing backstory, but Stephanie's rape and kidnapping that we saw onscreen . . . meh. No big deal. Her emotional scars aren't apparently important or interesting enough to mention.

Thanks for posting, Angie!
Not a hope in hell that would lead to character development for Stephanie.

libra67

esp13
I've always liked Stephanie and I'm glad that, for once, she gets to tell Melanie where to go. Melanie's been in Stephanie's grill about pretty much everything since the day Max and Stephanie found Melanie in France. Whether intentionally (often) or unintentionally (occassionally), Melanie has messed with Stephanie's life over and over again. I don't blame the girl for finally deciding enough is enough. Besides, if Melanie was stupid enough to think that using her soon-to-be husband's ex-fiance to deliver a note to another man on her wedding day was a good idea, then she totally deserved what Stephanie did.

That said, I totally expect Nathan to be pissed and he would have a right to be. Stephanie should have been honest with him (although it's not like he's been especially honest with her). But Melanie can suck it.
This pretty much sums up the way I feel, good post.

Sariah
Member Avatar

libra67
Mar 4 2010, 06:19 PM
esp13

The problem with Stephanie's enough is enough tantrum is that she's totally oblivious/uncaring to the fact that she's screwed over Philip. If she wants to go after Melanie - by all means, have at it. But she claims to have loved Philip once, had made plans to be his wife, claims to be his friend now, and yet let him walk into a marriage with someone like Melanie just so she could have Nathan to herself.

Stephanie gets zero sympathy from me.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Mar 4 2010, 04:35 PM
This story continues to sound like the storyline for the teens. Stephanie continues to make me want to set her on fire just to get some light in those eyes.
Tee hee hee! You know I agree. I detest the perfect Princess and she does somehow suck the life out of any pairing she is in. SH is pretty and not as awful actress, she just simply does not spark with anyone. It's odd. Add Stephanie's super sanctimonious Brady streak and the result is a waste of space.

The sneaky, manipulative turn of the character has not made her more likable, especially when I saw her making sad goo goo eyes at Philip during his wedding. So typical.

thanks Angie

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Melanie didn't break up Max and Stephanie, Stephanie did.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

SpriteEyes
Mar 5 2010, 05:09 AM
I thought Max did when he found out Stephanie went to Bo & Hope, and told them Melanie thought she killed Trent Robbins. :shrug:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm so glad we don't have to see these two pretend to be friends any more. i mean jesus christ, melanie tried to frame stephanie for murder, did her level best to steal her fiance away from her, and now wants her boyfriend, too. i can't wait for these scenes, as someone(finally!) stands up to melanie and sees her for the little shit she really is.

nathan can kiss my ass too with his weepy dishonesty bullshit when all he does is moon over and fantasize about melanie. it would be one thing if he were sort of lackadaisical about dating stephanie, but he isn't--he constantly tells her how great she is and how crazy he is about her.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 5 2010, 08:14 AM.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Mar 5 2010, 08:11 AM
i'm so glad we don't have to see these two pretend to be friends any more. i mean jesus christ, melanie tried to frame stephanie for murder, did her level best to steal her fiance away from her, and now wants her boyfriend, too. i can't wait for these scenes, as someone(finally!) stands up to melanie and sees her for the little shit she really is.

nathan can kiss my ass too with his weepy dishonesty bullshit when all he does is moon over and fantasize about melanie. it would be one thing if he were sort of lackadaisical about dating stephanie, but he isn't--he constantly tells her how great she is and how crazy he is about her.
:wave: Love you post. 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause: I'm glad we don't have to see them pretend to be friends either because they have never been able to sale it with me. Some seem to forget all this shit Melanie has done to Stephanie, Melanie's been a pure bitch to Stephanie from day one and of all the things you stated above trying to frame her for murder and that bitch Melanie was going to let Caroline Stephanie's grandmother and Max's "mom" take the damn wrap for it but yet Max sided with the little bitch over Stephanie. Now I could see if Max got pissed at Stephanie about something like cheating on him but taking his sister's side and now she isn't even his damn sister about some shit like having his mother go to prison for a crime she didn't commit. IMO and I know some will disagree with me but Stephanie did the right thing by telling Bo & Hope what Max told her because he sure as hell wasn't going to do it, if anybody in the Stax relationship should been doing the kicking to the curb it should have been Stephanie. I hate Max for going and finding that piece of shit and bringing her too Salem. Somebody should kill his ass. I hope Stephanie stomps a mud hole in that little shit as you called her and that's what she is a little piece of shit.

I'm with you about Nathan too. He's a little shit too. Those two are a big pile of shit.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

ga68153
Mar 5 2010, 06:34 AM
SpriteEyes
I thought Max did when he found out Stephanie went to Bo & Hope, and told them Melanie thought she killed Trent Robbins. :shrug:
Yes he did but Melanie told her that she was going to do everything she could to break them up. She was happy and gloated when they did break up. I guess framing her for Trent's murder helped because Stephanie went to Bo and Hope with the evidence she had about Melanie even though Max didn't want her to because she wasn't going to lie for her especially after that.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

ga68153
SpriteEyes
Max did breakup with Stephanie because of Melanie the bubble blowing tot. And she even told Stephanie she managed to breakup her and Max and it was a matter of time before she did the same with her and Philip. Make a note because this is the first time I know that the twit has spoke the truth. If I was Stephanie I would have told Bo & Hope what I knew too if it meant my grandmother didn't go to prison for a crime she didn't commit but no some say she done it to get back at Melanie. Max can kiss my ass :flipoff: because if he didn't have to find his little sister and now she's not even his sister then we wouldn't have to be dealing with this twit. Like I said Max can kiss my ass for siding with his sister when she told him she could have killed Trent knowing his mother was the one going to go to prison for it, now I tell you that's showing the woman who loved, feed and clothed your ass the love in return. I wish he would take that twit back with him when he comes to see her. Let Chelsea kick her ass when Stephanie gets through with her then she will have something to be crying about which she can't even pull and make it believable.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

BradyDiva06
Mar 5 2010, 09:52 AM
ga68153
SpriteEyes
Yes he did but Melanie told her that she was going to do everything she could to break them up. She was happy and gloated when they did break up. I guess framing her for Trent's murder helped because Stephanie went to Bo and Hope with the evidence she had about Melanie even though Max didn't want her to because she wasn't going to lie for her especially after that.
:roflol: :roflol: LMAO we posted almost the same thing. Looks like we know what we're talking about. :cheers:
Edited by jennlee915, Mar 5 2010, 09:57 AM.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Sariah
Mar 4 2010, 07:46 PM
libra67
esp13

The problem with Stephanie's enough is enough tantrum is that she's totally oblivious/uncaring to the fact that she's screwed over Philip. If she wants to go after Melanie - by all means, have at it. But she claims to have loved Philip once, had made plans to be his wife, claims to be his friend now, and yet let him walk into a marriage with someone like Melanie just so she could have Nathan to herself.

I don't think she has totally screwed Philip. Philip got himself in this situation since he knew full well that Melanie wasn't a 100% over Nathan. He even asked her about it and she lied but the way he looked felt like he wasn't convinced. But he forced himself into their relationship and then he asked Stephanie to keep Nathan occupied so he could be with Melanie. So this letter could go back to her doing what he asked.

Yesterday Philip even made this remark about he was happy things were going so smoothly with Stephanie and Nathan because Nathan could butt out of their lives. So to me it still shows that he knows there are still feelings there but he still went into this marriage.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

jennlee915
Mar 5 2010, 09:57 AM
BradyDiva06
Mar 5 2010, 09:52 AM
ga68153

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
:roflol: :roflol: LMAO we posted almost the same thing. Looks like we know what we're talking about. :cheers:
lol yes we did. :tounge:

esp13
Member Avatar

Sariah

"Someone like Melanie?" You mean the girl he fell into bed with while he and Stephanie were broken up? The girl he started chasing even though he knew she was dating Nathan? I'd say Philip made his own bed when it comes to Melanie. He pursued her, even though she was dating another guy. He could tell that she wasn't totally over Nathan, but didn't care. So, I can't buy Philip as this poor innocent who walked blindly into marriage because Stephanie didn't tell him about the note.

Sariah
Member Avatar

BradyDiva06
Mar 5 2010, 09:57 AM
Sariah
libra67

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

I don't think she has totally screwed Philip. Philip got himself in this situation since he knew full well that Melanie wasn't a 100% over Nathan. He even asked her about it and she lied but the way he looked felt like he wasn't convinced. But he forced himself into their relationship and then he asked Stephanie to keep Nathan occupied so he could be with Melanie. So this letter could go back to her doing what he asked.

Yesterday Philip even made this remark about he was happy things were going so smoothly with Stephanie and Nathan because Nathan could butt out of their lives. So to me it still shows that he knows there are still feelings there but he still went into this marriage.
Philip's supposed to know Melanie's lied? She had her chance to come clean - she didn't. That's not Philip's fault, and he's not supposed to be able to read her mind. I never saw Philip before the wedding wondering whether Melanie really loved him or loved Nathan more. He seemed pretty secure in the idea that she loved him most.

Why wouldn't he? Melanie's been making a play for him since she came to town - she made it seem like Nathan was an amusing bit on the side until Philip came to his senses - and she was ready, willing and able when Philip temporarily broke up with Stephanie. Melanie's always made it seem like (to Philip) that she liked him best.

She didn't come to him and say I still have feelings for Nathan but hey, let's give this a shot and see what happens.

I don't think Philip sees Nathan as a true competitor for Melanie, but as an annoyance that he'd prefer to go away.

Melanie is an absolute wench for what she's done - she gets no sympathy from me either. But Stephanie was way out of line.

If Stephanie were truly just "following instructions," shouldn't she have told Philip what she'd done? If they were truly co-conspirators and friends, shouldn't that have come up at least once? It didn't because this has nothing to do with their previous deal. This is about Stephanie screwing Melanie and getting Nathan, and damn the consequences or anyone else she hurts (and it also lets me know that Stephanie has zero feelings for Philip, friendly or otherwise, or else she wouldn't have let this happen).

I'd prefer for Philip to be with someone who was truthful with him, who would put his needs first (hm, sort of like Chloe will do on Monday by telling him who Melanie's father is despite Daniel's rabid instructions that NO ONE is to be told until he says it's okay).

I'm sick of these little girls trying to manipulate Philip because of their own selfishness.

Sariah
Member Avatar

esp13
Mar 5 2010, 10:04 AM
Sariah

"Someone like Melanie?" You mean the girl he fell into bed with while he and Stephanie were broken up? The girl he started chasing even though he knew she was dating Nathan? I'd say Philip made his own bed when it comes to Melanie. He pursued her, even though she was dating another guy. He could tell that she wasn't totally over Nathan, but didn't care. So, I can't buy Philip as this poor innocent who walked blindly into marriage because Stephanie didn't tell him about the note.
Yes, someone like Melanie. Why wouldn't Philip pursue the girl who had been pursuing him since she came to Salem? Melanie made it pretty clear that despite Nathan she'd be available to Philip (wasn't she fantasizing about Philip while with Nathan?).

I'm not saying Philip's an innocent, I'm saying he doesn't have all the facts. If I saw him talking this over with someone saying that he was going to marry her anyway despite Melanie's feelings for Nathan, well, I'd probably feel differently. But Melanie is someone who, as he just told Vivian, was the "love of his life" (for this week, anyway).

I don't think he would have married Melanie if he'd known about the note, and Melanie certainly wouldn't have married Philip if Nathan had come to her and told her that he was in love with her.

Stephanie knew it, and so she kept it to herself.

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

Well, Philip did ask Stephanie to help him keep Mate appart....soooooo, either way, its a NO WIN SITUATION PEOPLE!

Talk about dishonesty, Philip keeping the pukefest from Stephanie, he couldn't bring it up to her when they got back together. Stephanie and Nathan had to find out by a video. How sickening and sad is that.

So please, Philip is just as bad as Stephanie and Melanie. Philip is NO innocent one here!
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Mar 5 2010, 01:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply