Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan Joins Y&R as Abby Recast; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 11:54 AM (4,678 Views)
bellcurve
Member Avatar

Wow. This show is *pure* garbage!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Glad i don't watch the Y&R. LOL

six
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 6 2010, 01:42 PM
Ryder certainly isnt in high school. And they havent played him as such. But he's Daisy's twin? And Daisy is at walnut grove? Even though she looks like she's much older when next to Eden. The only way that mess has worked out for me is to pretend Daisy is staying in COLLEGE dorms. And that would have been a better fit for Abby to befriend someone college aged during her rebellion. Plus - its pretty pathetic if Jana, art thieving terrorist or whatever, is getting beat up by a high school girl.

I think we're supposed to believe Daisy's pretending to be a high schooler, since an orphaned teenager will garner lots of sympathy, and get people to drop their guards.

I don't understand this casting at all. Abby didn't need to be aged.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

LMAO what the hell has happened to this show?!

catsmeouch

This is ridiculous. She's 14 years older than the current Abby!

Eric83
Member Avatar

I seriously can't believe they are about to age her a decade. This is so fucking ridiculous.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

The TV Guide question: "How did this Y&R thing happen?" is something I've been asking myself for several years now! I'll admit that I was in MA Bell's corner for awhile based on my relief that the Latham era was over! But then it became increasingly obvious that we're not going to get the "real" Y&R back no matter what! I could only blame my arch-nemesis Rauch for so long, but his co-"EP" isn't playing with a full deck either! :drunk:

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

More bad moves! Instead of touching Abby (a character who can wait) and Heather (who was perfectly cast), RECAST Mac, Lily, Colleen, Daisy, Cane, Chance, Malcolm, etc.

Why not try her as Victoria? THis is crazy. Why is Abby going to be so old now? Nick and Sharon can't have a son who is 25 even if Ashley can. Noah, Abby and Kyle should all be similar ages.

Y&R is a creative mess. They're trying to create excitement by this bizarre smorgasbord of actors because the writing is so bad.

a2sassy
Member Avatar

Good LAWD! I didn't comment on the Heather recast because while I can understand why some don't like it, it is what it is. But this is pure f*ckery! How in the world are they gonna explain why Abby is now mid-20s which is Adam's age and now a few years younger than Nick and Victoria! So are they gonna now make Nick, Sharon and Victoria 40-something and age Noah too? And are Summer, Reed and Fen gonna now be teenagers? This shit is ridiculous!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

This is asking alot of the viewers.

Its one thing to age a toddler to a teenager, or even an adult. Its entierly different to age a teenaged character with teenaged storylines to somewhere near 30. Just a couple weeks ago she was whinning about her parents divorce and wanting to move away to Paris to avoid moving in with her mom to Brad's house. Now we're expected to believe that an adult Abby ... who ownes Brad's house ... has moved in with her mother that she's annoyed with when she now doesnt have to?

Eric83
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 6 2010, 03:39 PM
This is asking alot of the viewers.

Its one thing to age a toddler to a teenager, or even an adult. Its entierly different to age a teenaged character with teenaged storylines to somewhere near 30. Just a couple weeks ago she was whinning about her parents divorce and wanting to move away to Paris to avoid moving in with her mom to Brad's house. Now we're expected to believe that an adult Abby ... who ownes Brad's house ... has moved in with her mother that she's annoyed with when she now doesnt have to?
:laugh:

Watch this recast flop just like Eden Reigel will.

Y&R is so fucked up these days.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

good, two actors I could live without gone!

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Oh for fuck's sake.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 6 2010, 12:16 PM
What the HELL? Another strange casting choice! I have nothing against Ms Rylan but why? Guess she "POPPED" with MA Bell and old Pauly! :drunk:
:omg: I totally said the same thing!

What the Hell! Seriously, what are they thinking.

Somebody at YR is hitting the :drunk:

Leia
Member Avatar

just when you think it can't get anymore fucked-up

a2sassy
Member Avatar

I just have to say this again. Fuckery! This is just pure fuckery!

cassie1013

WTF? I don't even know WHO this chick is, so I Google'd her and found out she's nearly 30 years old! Holy shit! The current Abby is played by a 15 year old, isn't she?

This is RIDICULOUS. There is NO NEED to age Abby, particularly as they aged Adam more than he needed to be (why couldn't he come back as late teens to early 20s?). Further, it's even more absurd as Ashley will still be reeling over this baby story, if I have my timelines right - I haven't watched this show in forever, with the exception of reading articles on here now and then. So Ashley's going to be complaining about losing her baby to her now near 30 year old daughter? Even if she's 25, that's pushing it. I can buy Ashley having a 15 year old and supposed baby.

Why not recast Victoria? What's the big deal?! Does Heinle have some sort of inside connection no one knows about?

Y&R is in the hole.
Edited by cassie1013, Mar 6 2010, 06:21 PM.

cassie1013

a2sassy
Mar 6 2010, 03:37 PM
Good LAWD! I didn't comment on the Heather recast because while I can understand why some don't like it, it is what it is. But this is pure f*ckery! How in the world are they gonna explain why Abby is now mid-20s which is Adam's age and now a few years younger than Nick and Victoria! So are they gonna now make Nick, Sharon and Victoria 40-something and age Noah too? And are Summer, Reed and Fen gonna now be teenagers? This shit is ridiculous!
How old does that make Nikki? Christ. This is just fucked up. I've always thought they fucked up Nick and Victoria's SORAS (particularly Nick!), as it seems to affect timelines now. They are simply too old to be Nikki's kids, with the shows history etc. It's just retarded, and clearly they haven't learned from that.

a2sassy
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Mar 6 2010, 06:20 PM
WTF? I don't even know WHO this chick is, so I Google'd her and found out she's nearly 30 years old! Holy shit! The current Abby is played by a 15 year old, isn't she?

This is RIDICULOUS. There is NO NEED to age Abby, particularly as they aged Adam more than he needed to be (why couldn't he come back as late teens to early 20s?). Further, it's even more absurd as Ashley will still be reeling over this baby story, if I have my timelines right - I haven't watched this show in forever, with the exception of reading articles on here now and then. So Ashley's going to be complaining about losing her baby to her now near 30 year old daughter? Even if she's 25, that's pushing it. I can buy Ashley having a 15 year old and supposed baby.

Why not recast Victoria? What's the big deal?! Does Heinle have some sort of inside connection no one knows about?

Y&R is in the hole.
She must be their crack hook-up because these fools are smoking that good shit if they think this is a good idea!

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Somebody at Y&R hates me, first Eden and now Marcy. Why not just bring Bradley Cole to Y&R when he's done at GH and completely finish me off.

This is beyond fucked up :drunk:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply