Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan Joins Y&R as Abby Recast; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 11:54 AM (4,648 Views)
catsmeouch

I wanted Hayley Erin gone (she's terrible), but recasting her with an actress a decade and a half older than her is just stupid.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

All I can say is WTF? This is totally idiotic. What are they smoking at Y&R?

mll1206
Member Avatar

Name, Born in, Age in 2010
Billy, 1993, 17
Cassie, 1993, 17
Daniel, 1994, 16
Lily, 1995, 15
Victor Jr, 1995, 15
Noah, 1997, 13
Abby, 1998, 10
Kyle, 2000, 10

speaks for itself!

MAB needs to fix the mess she has on her hands before bringing in asinine "recasts"!

this recast is not like what happened when Victoria and Nick went away to boarding school as very young children and came home 9 months later as teenager's! Abby has other characters around her age (now) that she has been inter-acting with since her return from France with her Mother, sorasing Abby to a 20 something year old is just plain stupid!
Edited by mll1206, Mar 6 2010, 08:12 PM.

alphanguy
Member Avatar

Are we SURE that they are aging Abby ten years THIS TIME? Maybe we read the semantics wrong in the article. Bierdz was 27 playing 16, and Luckinbill was 25 playing 16. If they DO SORAS her to adult, it would be totally ridiculous. Although Hayley Erin is all kinds of suck.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

alphanguy
Mar 6 2010, 08:22 PM
Are we SURE that they are aging Abby ten years THIS TIME? Maybe we read the semantics wrong in the article. Bierdz was 27 playing 16, and Luckinbill was 25 playing 16. If they DO SORAS her to adult, it would be totally ridiculous. Although Hayley Erin is all kinds of suck.
Yep. It clearly states the character is to be aged a decade.

I doubt they would cast her as a teen, when she just finished playing a woman in her mid-20's on GL.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

dc cubs
Mar 6 2010, 12:17 PM
I like Rylan but think she's too old for the part of Abby. How old will Noah be when he comes back to town?
That's what I'm saying. She's too old for the part.

mll1206
Member Avatar

and if the AGE Abby, Noah and Eden, do they not also have to soras Ashley and Sharon and Nick??? If they make Noah around 22-24, They would have to add some age to Sharon and Nick, kinda hard to be 36 and 35 and have a 22-24 year old son!

Q Steph
Member Avatar

mll1206
Mar 6 2010, 09:25 PM
and if the AGE Abby, Noah and Eden, do they not also have to soras Ashley and Sharon and Nick??? If they make Noah around 22-24, They would have to add some age to Sharon and Nick, kinda hard to be 36 and 35 and have a 22-24 year old son!
Exactly. Does anyone in power have basic logic? It's a shame common sense isn't so common.

Y&R has really turned to shit lately. Well, it's been shit for over two years now. The glory days are behind this show. I'd rather take General Mobsters.

DeeDee
RIP GL

:lol: @everyone agreeing.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Marcy Rylan tweeted this about the age of the Abby character.

http://twitter.com/EmmeRylan/status/10094035858

Quote:

Abby is being aged to her early 20s not late 20s if there is some confusion.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

She'll look mid-twenties at best and if they pair her with an older man it'll make her look older. This is a fail whether she's 25 or 28 or 30.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

dc cubs
Mar 6 2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:

This is still an EPIC FAIL.

I wonder who she'll be paired with..... Cane? LOL

Or Ryder. :eyeroll:
Edited by Eric83, Mar 6 2010, 11:52 PM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

LOL.....Gezzz....whenever Noah returns, Sharon & Nick could end up as grandparents within the next few years. This would have been "slightly....slightly" more passable if they shipped Abby off to boarding school for a couple years.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Im sorry, but how old does Marcy Rylan think she looks? If she thinks she's passing for 21 she's out of her head! You're going to a show that shoots and airs in HD sweetheart ....

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Just think....we were bitching about the most recent age difference between Abby and Kyle, and now this, lol.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Indeed!

The logic of those two characters ages. Diane found out she had the wrong sperm 10 years after Ashley stole it?

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 7 2010, 12:54 AM
Indeed!

The logic of those two characters ages. Diane found out she had the wrong sperm 10 years after Ashley stole it?
Huh?

I feel like I missed something. Abby is not a Newman after all? Or is this about her son? Is he not Jack's? This show is too Passions-esque for me to keep up.
Edited by Q Steph, Mar 7 2010, 01:10 AM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I am putting my money down on nuAbby going after JT. Both of her sisters were with him, so she is next in line.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Mar 6 2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Like that makes a difference. She's still miscast.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Q Steph
Mar 7 2010, 01:10 AM
Drew
Mar 7 2010, 12:54 AM
Indeed!

Huh?

I feel like I missed something. Abby is not a Newman after all? Or is this about her son? Is he not Jack's? This show is too Passions-esque for me to keep up.
You're aware of the sperm saga, right?

Ash was pregnant. Diane was trying to hold onto Victor and keep him from Nikki. She stole Victor's sperm from the sperm bank and used it to get pregnant with Victor Jr. Then it was revealed Ashley stole the sperm and switched it with Jack's sperm. So Ashley had Vic's daughter, and Diane ended up having Jack's baby. He was then renamed Kyle Jenkins/Abbott.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply