Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan Joins Y&R as Abby Recast; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 11:54 AM (4,658 Views)
into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Q Steph, the point is Kyle and Abby were both concieved through the same story around 2001 so they should be the same age regardless of what it is. Since that was roughly 10 years ago 15 would be a reasonable SORAS. 25+ is not. It's also weird that Abby will be 25 and Kyle is still 10. Hell, it was weird when Abby was 15 and he was 10.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Member Avatar

So, when is Tom Pelphrey coming on to play an aged Kyle Abbott?

Van Hansis as nuRyder, who will suddenly be Rafe's new love interest?

Tuc Watkins as nuPhillip Chancellor III?

Nicole Forester as nuGrace Turner?

Noelle Beck as nunuDiane Jenkins?

Linda Purl as nuNikki Newman?

Timothy Gibbs as the long lost Newman son?
Edited by bellcurve, Mar 7 2010, 06:09 AM.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Maybe Kelly McGillis will finally get the chance to envision Jill as MAB and her brilliant team originally wanted.

Posted Image

The Casting Director will see almost anyone for any role. I still can't believe they were looking at Marcus Patrick and Darius McCrary, both miscast as Malcolm but so different themselves. It's like there is no rhyme or reason to anything.

Marnie Siatta was a godsend and I don't think she gets nearly the credit she deserves. That woman worked her way up from Receptionist to the head Casting Director at Y&R and cast so many wonderful actors who fit their roles beautifully. She understood the show, having worked from the bottom up and was a perfect fit. LML firing her was the first in a string of nightmares.

Everyone wants to focus on the producer/writer changes, but something as "small" as that has had a profound impact on the show. Yes she'd have to deal with writers silly choices (Darius McCrary, Amelia Heinle), but overall she did a good job on her own.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Drew
Mar 7 2010, 01:47 AM
Ash was pregnant. Diane was trying to hold onto Victor and keep him from Nikki. She stole Victor's sperm from the sperm bank and used it to get pregnant with Victor Jr. Then it was revealed Ashley stole the sperm and switched it with Jack's sperm. So Ashley had Vic's daughter, and Diane ended up having Jack's baby. He was then renamed Kyle Jenkins/Abbott.
No, no, no.

Ashley spermpigged Grambo's sperm from DIANE to make I OWN JABOT.

Before Diane could baste her oven with Grambo's sperm McTittles & Aunt Jack interceded.

Diane ended up with Aunt Jack's sperm which made Snowball Kyle.
Edited by DeeDee, Mar 7 2010, 08:30 AM.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

into_the_skyline
Mar 7 2010, 06:31 AM
Maybe Kelly McGillis will finally get the chance to envision Jill as MAB and her brilliant team originally wanted.
I heard it was Mel Harris. Mel Bland Looking Harris. :eyeroll:

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

bellcurve
Mar 7 2010, 06:04 AM
So, when is Tom Pelphrey coming on to play an aged Kyle Abbott?

Van Hansis as nuRyder, who will suddenly be Rafe's new love interest?

Tuc Watkins as nuPhillip Chancellor III?

Nicole Forester as nuGrace Turner?

Noelle Beck as nunuDiane Jenkins?

Linda Purl as nuNikki Newman?

Timothy Gibbs as the long lost Newman son?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Oh yeah. Thanks for the refresher.

It's a shame that Y&R has fallen in quality and now they're lacking in basic sense. Abby can't be 15 on Monday but 25 on Tuesday!

catsmeouch

The ONLY positive about this is that it should end the creepy "Abby has feelings for Noah" subtext that they've been playing up since Abby was brought back.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

catsmeouch
Mar 7 2010, 10:46 AM
The ONLY positive about this is that it should end the creepy "Abby has feelings for Noah" subtext that they've been playing up since Abby was brought back.
LOL. I thought I was the only one that saw that. :laugh:

bellcurve
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
I had to hand off EVERYTHING to the writers. That was probably the way Hayley Erin played it. And let's face it, that girl likely can't even pretend to walk down a hallway without doing multiple takes and wasting company budget. But it shows how involved the directors and RAUCH are.

cassie1013

catsmeouch
I've caught that on occasion, too LOL. I think, in the minds of the writers, they'd obviously want to make Abby/Noah a couple but can't due to the relations. Abby is related to almost everyone her age that's a core character!

I can't figure out WTH they'll do with an older Abby, though. This is too much, too fast. like, will she hook up with JT? LOL. The same JT who was in high school when she was BORN!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I, too, noticed the wrong way Abby looks at Noah, her NEPHEW. Very innappropriate. I'm totally expecting Abby to go after JT once she's aged. They used to play the crush she had on JT alot when Erin first took over the role as teenage Abby.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I'm glad others picked up on Abby's weirdness with Noah. I thought I just had a dirty mind.

Marcy would have been a better recast for Victoria.

catsmeouch

They should've recast Daisy with Marcy.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Zima's good enough for crazy Daisy for the short amount of time she'll be around for.

Leia
Member Avatar

The common sense approach would have Eden Riegel as a recast Mackenzie and Marcy Rylan as a recast Heather.

cassie1013

Leia
Mar 7 2010, 11:30 PM
The common sense approach would have Eden Riegel as a recast Mackenzie and Marcy Rylan as a recast Heather.
Or use Marcy as Victoria.

There was no need to recast Heather, unless Bloom was leaving for some other reason.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Can we recast the awful writing and producing team at Y&R, please? Those assholes are idiots, yet think Y&R is the best it's ever been. :eyeroll:

Abby should not be this old, and I'm sorry, Rylan looks every bit her 30 years of age.

This totally screwed, AGAIN, with the timeline on this show. I expect SORASING here and there, but this is egregious

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, this really sucks. Who is in charge of casting at Y&R?? They have been making mistakes left and right! Especially when it comes to recasting! They can't do a good recast to save their lives.

Leia
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Mar 8 2010, 01:52 AM
Leia
Mar 7 2010, 11:30 PM
Or use Marcy as Victoria.

There was no need to recast Heather, unless Bloom was leaving for some other reason.
The firing of Vail Bloom seems personal. Dumb move but personal. I'm wondering if they think they can pull in some of the Maggie and Bianca fans.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply