Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan Joins Y&R as Abby Recast; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 11:54 AM (4,616 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Leia
Mar 8 2010, 08:00 AM
cassie1013
Mar 8 2010, 01:52 AM
Leia
Mar 7 2010, 11:30 PM
The common sense approach would have Eden Riegel as a recast Mackenzie and Marcy Rylan as a recast Heather.
Or use Marcy as Victoria.

There was no need to recast Heather, unless Bloom was leaving for some other reason.
The firing of Vail Bloom seems personal. Dumb move but personal. I'm wondering if they think they can pull in some of the Maggie and Bianca fans.
I think that's part of the reason she got the role. This reeks of stunt casting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I have a feeling that Abby will be going after Coop..er..I mean CHANCE! Even though BILLY is her uncle, P3 is NOT so his exciting police progeny would be eligible for a hookup with Abby! Either way, a triangle involving Mac/JT/Abby or Chloe/Chance/Abby makes me sleepy! Very sleepy!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Leia
Mar 8 2010, 08:00 AM
cassie1013
Mar 8 2010, 01:52 AM
Leia
Mar 7 2010, 11:30 PM
The common sense approach would have Eden Riegel as a recast Mackenzie and Marcy Rylan as a recast Heather.
Or use Marcy as Victoria.

There was no need to recast Heather, unless Bloom was leaving for some other reason.
The firing of Vail Bloom seems personal. Dumb move but personal. I'm wondering if they think they can pull in some of the Maggie and Bianca fans.
All of the firings since Rauch has come on board have seemed personal! AND classic Pauly! His much ballyhooed time at AW with Harding Lemay was a revolving door of recasts and backstage bullshit! The fact that the old blimp is still handing out "notes" to performers like Jess Walton makes me :puke: ! And meanwhile his "Girl Friday", Maria, stands around smiling and seeing people "POP"! :drunk:

BH90210
Member Avatar

Now, I didnít like the actress playing Abby before this, but I was okay with her age. Marcy is much older than Abby should be. Also is the writers plan to up her age, they should practice a little consistency and up Noahís age, as well as the other characters that are the same age as Abby now. MAB says there isnít much you can write for teenagers, guess she didnít read up on her Y&R history, because they has always been a history of prominent teenage characters . No wonder the show is so bad right now, MAB and her reasoning is so messed up.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Serendipity III
Mar 8 2010, 10:45 AM
Now, I didnít like the actress playing Abby before this, but I was okay with her age. Marcy is much older than Abby should be. Also is the writers plan to up her age, they should practice a little consistency and up Noahís age, as well as the other characters that are the same age as Abby now. MAB says there isnít much you can write for teenagers, guess she didnít read up on her Y&R history, because they has always been a history of prominent teenage characters . No wonder the show is so bad right now, MAB and her reasoning is so messed up.
That is such an odd things for MAB to say, considering Y&R often had the best teen storyline, and didn't let the "kids" overtake the show. From Nick & Sharon.....to the original Mac, Billy, JT, Colleen, Raul and Brittnay group. I was often envious of the latter, when viewers had to endure "Saved by the Bell" on Days of our Lives in the early-2000s.

Manny
Member Avatar

I adored Mac/Billy/Raul etc teen scene. It's what got me to watch Y&R in the first place..

greyhounddani

I think that it is a cop-out when Maria says that there is no storyline for teenagers: Thats Bull!!!!!!
For years, Bill Bell wrote teen/young adult storylines during the 80's with Lauren, Danny, Nina, Cricket, P3, during the 90's with Sharon, Nick, Matt. and Amy, and during the 00's with Billy, Raul, Mac, JT, Brittany, Colleen, Lily, Daniel, Devon and Cassie. I think instead of recasting actors they should recast the people in charge and the writers.

Shylock

You know what. I was waning on this show with the Jack/Emily/Patty kerfluffle with the stupid, convoluted hair dying and whatever else. And I kinda was on the fence about not watching this show.

Then they recast Heather and I basically quit this show.

And now they do another SORAS bullshit that just does not make any fucking sense. This is EJ going from being 6 or so years old to being 30something level of stupid.

So I'm done with this stupid show. How the hell are they going to explain how she got older than frigging Noah?

DeeDee
RIP GL

Eden is completely wrong for Mackenzie & Heather.

If Maria HAD to cast her she should have cast her as a NEW character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply