Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 3/8 - 3/12
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 01:23 PM (15,590 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Mar 13 2010, 02:06 PM
Okay, I had to chime back in on this thread, as I've been watching the full week-whole show-back to back (kind of a marathon thing). Although I'm an Ejami, I'm not oblivious to the wretched things EJ's been doing and I fully expect him to receive his comeuppance. Having said that, after watching the scenes following Syd's return, I have to say, I kind of want him to get away with it--kind of. Not really because of anything else other than Rafe's arrogance and condesending attitude. He's so smug it drives me nuts!! At this point, I'm no longer thinking about how horrible this was to Sami (and it was), I'm too busy hating on Rafe and his "I'm the authority on this" attitude...that I want to see EJ just get away with it with Rafe knowing it and unable to do anything to prove it.

Oh, and side note, I actually liked Stephanie for the most part this week.

AND Rafe's side kick, what is it, Clark?? She's just as one note as Rafe, could she actually change the tone of her voice??
Isn't he the authority, though?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I hardly watched this week, I'm about to tonight though. I really don't feel like reading through these pages. LOL, so long story short, was this week good?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

ga68153
Mar 13 2010, 02:09 PM
I hardly watched this week, I'm about to tonight though. I really don't feel like reading through these pages. LOL, so long story short, was this week good?
No. But the discussion of it wasn't bad, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 13 2010, 02:09 PM
JANALH
Mar 13 2010, 02:06 PM
Okay, I had to chime back in on this thread, as I've been watching the full week-whole show-back to back (kind of a marathon thing). Although I'm an Ejami, I'm not oblivious to the wretched things EJ's been doing and I fully expect him to receive his comeuppance. Having said that, after watching the scenes following Syd's return, I have to say, I kind of want him to get away with it--kind of. Not really because of anything else other than Rafe's arrogance and condesending attitude. He's so smug it drives me nuts!! At this point, I'm no longer thinking about how horrible this was to Sami (and it was), I'm too busy hating on Rafe and his "I'm the authority on this" attitude...that I want to see EJ just get away with it with Rafe knowing it and unable to do anything to prove it.

Oh, and side note, I actually liked Stephanie for the most part this week.

AND Rafe's side kick, what is it, Clark?? She's just as one note as Rafe, could she actually change the tone of her voice??
Isn't he the authority, though?
Maybe so, but it's the condesending attitude that's doing it to me. I'm almost wondering if tptb want us to want Rafe to end up with nothing. He's just acting so dang smug!!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

From what I have watched during the week (Thurs and Friday only) I feel the character of Rafe as more sympathetic then both EJ and Sami. The guys trying to solve a crime and both EJ and Sami are acting like someone stole their ice cream, not their daughter.

We know why EJ doesnt want Rafe continuing the investigation, so I get his attitude towards him, but Sami is back in my doghouse! You leave you baby whom you been screeching over (and over and over) now you get her back and you decide to leave her again??

Rafe had a pretty valid explanation for him not staying at the apartment...first, he can't stand EJ and his smugness on being the fake hero, next, he wants the person/people who did this to get caught- THATS HIS JOB!

I guess we're back to the Sami that chases around a guy, but this time, the guy actually LOVES HER, and forgives her lies...wow, Sami what a concept!

I think Rafe is getting the "sympathetic writing" now.
Edited by Liz<3Days, Mar 13 2010, 02:26 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 13 2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:

We know why EJ doesnt want Rafe continuing the investigation, so I get his attitude towards him, but Sami is back in my doghouse! You leave you baby whom you been screeching over (and over and over) now you get her back and you decide to leave her again??

I agree with the bolded part. I'm not understanding the writing for Sami too much these days.

Livie

Liz<3Days
From what I have watched during the week (Thurs and Friday only) I feel the character of Rafe as more sympathetic then both EJ and Sami. The guys trying to solve a crime and both EJ and Sami are acting like someone stole their ice cream, not their daughter.

Rafe had a pretty valid explanation for him not staying at the apartment...first, he can't stand EJ and his smugness on being the fake hero, next, he wants the person/people who did this to get caught- THATS HIS JOB!

I guess we're back to the Sami that chases around a guy, but this time, the guy actually LOVES HER, and forgives her lies...wow, Sami what a concept!

I have to agree, Rafe is the grown up here. But I gotta say, I love how he tries to calm Sami down, and how he is all "guy".

My hope is that the line "we are a team" is going to mean something more. I am truly hoping to see a love story that is the real thing again. I see absolutely no arrogance, I see a genuine humility as he puts his nose to the grindstone to solve this.

His take on "this is personal, someone did this to hurt Sami", and EJ again saying to Anna that he is not finished with Sami was the writers again giving him great insight.

The writers seem to like this guy, and it is showing more and more as this SL fleshes out, and the reaction from the GA seems to be in agreement with the writers.
Edited by Livie, Mar 13 2010, 02:32 PM.

pixiedust

So...Mark is in Mammoth with Nadia and Brandon on a little weekend vacay and Molly,Casey and Shelly are in Big Bear doing a Day's photoshoot together? That storyline is taking a different turn for sure! Wonder why they didn't include Mark? Maybe this is why they still have Melanie as 18 and Casey tweeted some time ago that Chad was preparing for college. I don't remember any of the other photoshoots being on location, at least it looked like studio shots. Sounds like a fun place to take pictures! :)

OliveAnn

pixiedust
Mar 13 2010, 02:44 PM
So...Mark is in Mammoth with Nadia and Brandon on a little weekend vacay and Molly,Casey and Shelly are in Big Bear doing a Day's photoshoot together? That storyline is taking a different turn for sure! Wonder why they didn't include Mark? Maybe this is why they still have Melanie as 18 and Casey tweeted some time ago that Chad was preparing for college. I don't remember any of the other photoshoots being on location, at least it looked like studio shots. Sounds like a fun place to take pictures! :)
I was under the impression they were all on vacay. If there is a photoshoot, I doubt it's for DOOL. Probably for their agencies or something of that sort.

Two questions about SH: is she from the South? I swear I heard southern accent slip from her mouth this week. And how old is she? I know she's about as old as MB and CD, but she acts AND looks older. I'm trying to imagine the three of them in the same storlyline and get her looking out of place because of the said factors.

pixiedust

OliveAnn
Mar 13 2010, 03:13 PM
pixiedust
I was under the impression they were all on vacay. If there is a photoshoot, I doubt it's for DOOL. Probably for their agencies or something of that sort.

Two questions about SH: is she from the South? I swear I heard southern accent slip from her mouth this week. And how old is she? I know she's about as old as MB and CD, but she acts AND looks older. I'm trying to imagine the three of them in the same storlyline and get her looking out of place because of the said factors.
Yes SH is from Louisiana, was Miss Teen Louisiana and went on to become Miss Teen USA. The shoot is for Day's, it is one that was rescheduled due to a snowstorm in Feb. The fact that it was for Day's was also on CD's twitter at that time. I can't make the ages match up either but SH and CD would look really good together due to the similarities in height! Of course in another thread they are talking about Sami holding a baby EJ so anything is possible I guess! -Just checked on Jason47's updated birthday list: In real life SH turned 23 in Jan. MB turns 22 in April CD turns 23 in April and MH will be 28 in March
Edited by pixiedust, Mar 13 2010, 03:50 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Livie
Mar 13 2010, 02:31 PM
Liz<3Days

I have to agree, Rafe is the grown up here. But I gotta say, I love how he tries to calm Sami down, and how he is all "guy".

My hope is that the line "we are a team" is going to mean something more. I am truly hoping to see a love story that is the real thing again. I see absolutely no arrogance, I see a genuine humility as he puts his nose to the grindstone to solve this.

His take on "this is personal, someone did this to hurt Sami", and EJ again saying to Anna that he is not finished with Sami was the writers again giving him great insight.

The writers seem to like this guy, and it is showing more and more as this SL fleshes out, and the reaction from the GA seems to be in agreement with the writers.
Good posts!!
Sami has a real find in Rafe-- she better hold on tight to him. He is more interested in catching the kidnapper than the real parents. All the things EJ is saying about not finding it necessary to get the kidnapper, etc., is throwing up red flag after red flag. Rafe is catching it, but Sami seems totally oblivious, altho she does say she wants the person brought to justice.
I don't see an arrogance either. I see a guy who is good at what he does and knows something stinks in this case-- bigtime. The pieces don't fit and something is totally out of whack. When he gets into his FBI mode, he is all business and is hell bent on finding out who did this to hurt Sami, altho, I would say, he has a good idea who it might be. Rafe does things in this s/l b/c they are the right thing to do-- not b/c he wants to get something out of this for himself, like EJ.

I would also love to see Sami and Rafe be a team as a loving family couple. That term has been mentioned more than once lately and I hope it stands for something more.

Keith
Member Avatar

So, Maggie's on medication for MG and only needs to change the dosage? That seems a bit off to me. When I think of a disease that can go in and out of remission, I don't think controlled by medication, I think big treatment. I've loved the treatment of the storyline so far. I loved her comment about it being tiring being so wise all the time. LOL at Nathan complaining about having to leave when he came to talk about Maggie and all they talked about was Melanie.

Loved Carly/Vivian/Victor/Daniel first at the mansion and then at the pier. Victor's zings about Melanie's romantic past and Daniel's and presuming they're sleeping together was priceless. I like how the reveal is playing as a different beat with each new person. Victor's talk to Daniel about being a father to an adult was really great. It's nice to see Vic step out of misogynistic grump mode.

Loved Nicole and nice to see Chloe and he friendship continue. The Chicago reference to the guard was hilarious. I can't wait to see her go toe to toe with...everyone LOL.

Stephanie vs. Melanie was delicious. Melanie's attempts to criticize Stephanie were so hollow when Stephanie threw Melanie's behavior in her face. I like MB, but Melanie is no saint. I'm so happy to see Stephanie's not one, either, but at least she made a firm decision. She wasn't going to let Melanie get her hooks back into Nathan and lead Philip on. Her line about staking her claim on one and leading the other around on a string was so true. Its not that she wants both of them, but she's just an attention whore. Great scenes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's so crazy, but I really like Chloe and Daniel as characters now. I'm really enjoying them lately. Nadia has really stepped up her game and finally Daniel has an interesting story.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

pixiedust
Mar 13 2010, 03:35 PM
OliveAnn
Mar 13 2010, 03:13 PM
pixiedust

Yes SH is from Louisiana, was Miss Teen Louisiana and went on to become Miss Teen USA. The shoot is for Day's, it is one that was rescheduled due to a snowstorm in Feb. The fact that it was for Day's was also on CD's twitter at that time. I can't make the ages match up either but SH and CD would look really good together due to the similarities in height! Of course in another thread they are talking about Sami holding a baby EJ so anything is possible I guess! -Just checked on Jason47's updated birthday list: In real life SH turned 23 in Jan. MB turns 22 in April CD turns 23 in April and MH will be 28 in March
Whoa! Mark Hapka is 28?

And Shelley is only 23?

That's insane.

dooldooldool

Keith
Mar 13 2010, 08:49 PM
So, Maggie's on medication for MG and only needs to change the dosage? That seems a bit off to me. When I think of a disease that can go in and out of remission, I don't think controlled by medication, I think big treatment. I've loved the treatment of the storyline so far. I loved her comment about it being tiring being so wise all the time.
I imagine that the "dosage" change is just the initial part of this story -- which isn't all that unrealistic. It seems like that would be the first action taken (and is noted as such on the Mayo Clinic website). Then comes surgery. And then some types of transfusive treatment for patients experiencing limb weakness. Of course we can all guess who will be a perfect match for Maggie's transfusion......St Melanie!

It did seem odd that they didn't mention a doctor's name. After all, both Maggie and Daniel work at the hospital, so it would have been natural for one of them to say "Dr So-And-So" rather than the generic references each of them made. Maybe we will get a stunt-cast at some point. Perhaps an older widowed doctor who can translate into a Maggie Love Interest after he saves her life.

Salem is overloaded with doctors right now (Lexie/Daniel/Katerina/Nathan/DickBaker), but none of them are neurologists. I did sorta expect that Daniel would be the Dr Savior, but he didn't seem all that knowledgeable about her type of condition as they sat in the kitchen and chatted,

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

Casey tweeted: Molly and him were doing a photoshoot together. No signs of Shelley!

Quote:

@mollydollyy and I are finally headed to Big Bear tomorrow!! Doing a photoshoot together on Saturday:) super pumped!!<3
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Mar 14 2010, 01:03 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I haven't commented in two weeks so I'm going to go about this a bit differently then usual. I'm going to comment by story and try to focus mostly on this week but will veer a little into last week too.

Maggie: Like Keith, I like how this is playing out. They are doing a good job so far, especially for Days. SR is selling it and it's still enough about her that you can sell it as her story. I can't say much more then that since it;s only just beginning but I like it thus far.

The teens: FINALLY! Some development! Give me more and form a story and then we have something. I loved the Chad/Mia scenes last week and finally seeing Will and Gabi in scenes together as well as seeing the Will/Mia bonding scenes this week. The show picked up where it left off in December with things. They don't have much work to do on Mia's end and maybe not even Chad's but I need to see Chad's relationship with Gabi get more facetime and I need ALOT more development with Will. I'm happy they are finally involving him in his family's drama. About damn time! Someone does need to tell CM to cool it with the "wide-eyed" look. He did it when Sydney was brought back to the Pub and it was ridiculous. Also, they need to stop writing him as this cheesy, choir boy kind of character. I couldn't stand him in that scene with Mia on Tuesday when he gave her the medal. There is work to do but they took some steps in the right direction here.

Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie/Philip: Probably my favorite overall material of the past two weeks. The quad has really come into it's own. Good development on all ends. I loved Steph and Mel taking each other to task and pointing out what each other did. SH and MB was great. MB has really rebounded for me the past two weeks. She seemed to get better once she was away from scenes with CC and JKJ LOL. Anyway, I'm enjoying how flawed everyone is here and I think it's finally become a solid storyline now. I just need a bit more focus on Philip and I will be set.

Carly/Daniel/Chloe/Victor/Vivian: I won't mention Bo and Hope since we barely saw them although I did like their talk last week about working as partners and all. That was great and well done. SC has been FANTASTIC and so has CC and NB. CC must be rubbing off or something. I've always felt NB is one who does better when she connects with the material for some reason. From 1999-2002, that seemed to happen. She always seemed to be into what she was doing. I think that is happening now because she's right on par with back then. SC always had it in him. He just needed an actual story he could work with. I still want Carly/Bo to get a shot but Carly and Daniel have SPARKS! Loved Daniel telling Victor about Melanie. Hilarious but also had good moments in terms of Victor giving out sound advice and bringing up Bo and Isabella. Enjoyed Vivian and Carly on Friday even if Vivian's hair sucked LOL.

Nicole: Welcome back, Nikki! Her jail scenes were hilarious but I really hope she isn't like this all the time. I know I may be in the minority but I do not want drunken, comic relief vixen Nicole back. I want a layered Nicole. I don't want her crying all the time but I don't want her to be too "hard" either. Her scenes with Chloe showed the character I want so that made me happy. Those were good. Loved the "Chicago" line too.

Stefano: I just have to bring this up but I hated how Stefano had no idea Sydney was brought back. You expect me to believe that Sydney was brought to Lexie, Stefano's daughter, at University Hospital and he didn't know about it? She was out in public. He has people all over and his daughter knew! Just like when Sydney "died," one of his people should've called him. That was a tough one for me to swallow.

Brady/Arianna: Ok...memo to Days...stop wasting my time. Seriously. This couple has been nothing but one cliche after another since they began interacting with FT in the role. Not to mention the character did a 180 when LH came on and then we got some piece of shit drug story that first got revised and then cut altogether with no lasting impact. Corday, you even admitted this couple wasn't the endgame. Why should I care? LH and EM are good in scenes. There is chemistry. They can be goofy together. I liked Brady's dream about Arianna choking on the ring. Nice to see EM do some comedy and all but come on. The engagement scenes went in circles. They were edited weird. We all know Brady wants Nicole. Arianna knows it so her pretending like Brady is completely into her a few episodes after she and Brady had another fight about him wanting Nicole not only hurts the character of Arianna but it hurts any potential story you could have here. It's all just one big mess. It's this year's Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate story where the writers have a direction but give us a jumbled mess getting there. And, seriously, having him propose again for no reason after he got rejected two episodes earlier? What made him propose again? And, why at the JAVA FUCKING CAFE?! That's a red flag. If I were a woman, I would tell the guy that proposed to me in some cheap ass coffeehouse to take a flying leap off a bridge. Who could've thought that was a good idea? Can't use the budget for that one. Days has a pier and park set. Use one of them instead of having him propose to her at a fucking coffeehouse. Morons.

Rafe/Sami/EJ: I will start with a positive. I was happy with the initial Friday cliffhanger return of Sydney. That was cool. I also think the biggest improvement this week, in general, has been the character interactions. The isolation seems to be gone. We got Rafe and Carly last week. We got Stephanie/Caroline and Stephanie/Lexie this week. Sami had scenes with Stephanie twice and Caroline and Roman. This was what we had in 2009 that I liked. It's been missing the past two months. Glad to see it back. It helps alot. Hope it continues. Now, AS's hyperventilating emotional crap ruined the Sydney reunion for me but I've come to expect that from her in scenes like that. She's done it for 16 years.

The good news is the story seemed to click into place the past two weeks with the Sydney return and buildup to Nicole's return. No shock as the show seemed to be stalling and using the kidnapping as a means to an end, story-wise. The bad news is that it shows how little the show cared about the story without Nicole. During the whole kidnapping mess, Rafe is the only character that really got any sort of development consistently and no shock there since you can tell TPTB love him. There was so much focus on Rafe's feelings and Rafe's reactions to the lie, Sydney, etc. That's fine but what about Sami? EJ? EJ's development went right out the window around MLK day. Don't get me wrong. There were moments after that but not consistently. That is a problem. I want him this way. I want evil EJ but I need to feel like the writers are not showing favoritism and it's obvious they are. Sami was an afterthought except here and there and they already have her dropping her kid off at Caroline's. Way to make her look like a good mother, writers. Not to mention her practically begging Rafe to be pissed at her. He doesn't have a problem with it, Sami! I mean, my god! Why would he? He gets why you did it. The guy's a sensible guy when it comes to you. Get a clue!

This leads me to the biggest issue I have going forward. There is no conflict for Sami and Rafe. None. Rafe's past got dropped. This whole ransom thing is a nothing for them and it's only lingering because Sami is a moron. There needs to be something. Yes, EJ will likely stick himself between them but what happens after that? Everything is just too perfect. They need to focus a bit on internal issues with them. Push Rafe choosing his work over her. Bring back some of his past issues. Something! This is why I want EJ away from them unless they go about it from a Stefano/Marlena like standpoint. It's just time to move on and, if they are going to keep Rafe and Sami in the "perfect" bubble then they need a more viable threat that isn't a bad guy. This is where I would bring back a Lucas or Brandon. Two guys who know Sami. Two flawed but good guys. Imagine how torn Sami would be. That is a triangle. That would make things interesting for me. Send EJ to Arianna. JS shows more life in his scenes with LH then he has in weeks. To me, he knows the characters needs to move on so move him on.

Anyway, it's just funny how the story just pieced itself back together in the few episodes before Nicole's return and now you can just sense the writers collectively give a damn again. Sami and EJ have improved a bit, more EJ then Sami. I'm not shocked given Nicole seems to be the one characters since she returned in 2008 to get consistently direction and good writing. You can tell everyone has a blast writing for her and the writers almost seemed as bored without her in the story as the audience did. It's like they focused on Rafe because he's the show's current "John Black' but the story itself and Sami and EJ they couldn't be bothered with so they half-assed it all until they remembered Nicole was coming and they cared again. It's hilarious LOL but I was prepared for it and they are very lucky the Carly/Melanie/etc stuff carried things.

Anyway, that was a long rambling and I'm not even sure I covered everything or said everything like I wanted to but whatever. It's been a solid two weeks.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

PhilipCanDoBetter
Mar 14 2010, 12:52 AM
Casey tweeted: Molly and him were doing a photoshoot together. No signs of Shelley!

Quote:

@mollydollyy and I are finally headed to Big Bear tomorrow!! Doing a photoshoot together on Saturday:) super pumped!!<3
Molly tweeted this earlier:

Shelley hennig just got hereeeee
about 14 hours ago via Echofon

http://twitter.com/mollydollyy/status/10430808945

Casey mentioned her being there too and posted this picture.

Posted Image

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

I saw the tweets but this does not mean..she went there for a photoshoot.
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Mar 14 2010, 03:14 AM.

cassie1013

PhoenixRising05
Mar 14 2010, 02:15 AM
Brady/Arianna: Ok...memo to Days...stop wasting my time. Seriously. This couple has been nothing but one cliche after another since they began interacting with FT in the role.... And, seriously, having him propose again for no reason after he got rejected two episodes earlier? What made him propose again? And, why at the JAVA FUCKING CAFE?! That's a red flag. If I were a woman, I would tell the guy that proposed to me in some cheap ass coffeehouse to take a flying leap off a bridge. Who could've thought that was a good idea? Can't use the budget for that one. Days has a pier and park set. Use one of them instead of having him propose to her at a fucking coffeehouse. Morons.
LOL - I completely agree. I caught that too, but couldn't be bothered to comment because they're so fucking useless. It's too bad, because I actually really like Hartley. They just need to do something with her besides this. But I laughed out loud when he proposed in the Java Cafe - how lame!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply