Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 3/8 - 3/12
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 01:23 PM (15,508 Views)
OliveAnn

IMissAremid
Mar 13 2010, 11:14 PM
pixiedust
Mar 13 2010, 03:35 PM
OliveAnn
Mar 13 2010, 03:13 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yes SH is from Louisiana, was Miss Teen Louisiana and went on to become Miss Teen USA. The shoot is for Day's, it is one that was rescheduled due to a snowstorm in Feb. The fact that it was for Day's was also on CD's twitter at that time. I can't make the ages match up either but SH and CD would look really good together due to the similarities in height! Of course in another thread they are talking about Sami holding a baby EJ so anything is possible I guess! -Just checked on Jason47's updated birthday list: In real life SH turned 23 in Jan. MB turns 22 in April CD turns 23 in April and MH will be 28 in March
Whoa! Mark Hapka is 28?

And Shelley is only 23?

That's insane.
Nobody on this show looks their real age. Until a while ago, I was sure JS was older than JKJ. And JKJ... I'd give him 27 tops - when he's not in scenes with MB. MB doesn't look a day older than 16, so with her JKJ looks 40.

From looks alone, I'd say SH were 25. Pretty close to her real age. But Mark Hapka being that much older than her?!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 14 2010, 02:15 AM
And, seriously, having him propose again for no reason after he got rejected two episodes earlier? What made him propose again? And, why at the JAVA FUCKING CAFE?! That's a red flag. If I were a woman, I would tell the guy that proposed to me in some cheap ass coffeehouse to take a flying leap off a bridge. Who could've thought that was a good idea? Can't use the budget for that one. Days has a pier and park set. Use one of them instead of having him propose to her at a fucking coffeehouse. Morons.

This leads me to the biggest issue I have going forward. There is no conflict for Sami and Rafe. None. Rafe's past got dropped. This whole ransom thing is a nothing for them and it's only lingering because Sami is a moron. There needs to be something. Yes, EJ will likely stick himself between them but what happens after that? Everything is just too perfect. They need to focus a bit on internal issues with them. Push Rafe choosing his work over her. Bring back some of his past issues. Something! This is why I want EJ away from them unless they go about it from a Stefano/Marlena like standpoint. It's just time to move on and, if they are going to keep Rafe and Sami in the "perfect" bubble then they need a more viable threat that isn't a bad guy. This is where I would bring back a Lucas or Brandon. Two guys who know Sami. Two flawed but good guys. Imagine how torn Sami would be. That is a triangle. That would make things interesting for me. Send EJ to Arianna. JS shows more life in his scenes with LH then he has in weeks. To me, he knows the characters needs to move on so move him on.

i agree with all this. the brady/arianna stuff just seemed like a waste. what was the point of having arianna say no to brady if they're just going to get engaged a day later? i figured that the logical progression would be that arianna refuses brady, then regrets her decision when nicole returns to salem. color me confused on this one.

you hit the nail on the head with the sami/rafe stuff. don't get me wrong, it's nice to see sami interacting with a mature adult, but there's nothing here conflict-wise. rafe's past storyline never should have dropped, especially since huge hints were dropped that arianna's previous drug bust was related to what was going on with emily. they could have crafted something worthwhile out of the bits and pieces we got, i think. i'm curious as to why it got dropped at all.
i also agree that ej needs a different storyline outside of sami. i'd hate to see him get sucked into the same black hole 'your role on the show is dependent on who sami is fucking' situation that datillo did.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 14 2010, 07:54 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

What got to me about watching the Brianna scenes were why go to a crappy "fast food like" establishment (Java) when she was already in a crappy "fast-food" establishment (Brad Pub) in the first place? Ok, want cheese? How more velveeta can you be then proposing about your co-workers and people clapping?

This couple does suck and I cant put my finger why? Brady should have his office...SOMEONE should have an office! LH and Arianna are not a good fit- I would of never believed that this person just was released from prison and is this weepy/insecure. Also, her irrational rantings about Nicole frustrate me because there's no history to them? I hate when DAYS does this- newbies come with some pre-conceived hate and there's no explanation.

JS looks bored because he's been playing the SAME SCENES from 2008! AS could never sell me sex, desire but can sell me insecurity and manipulation. She's been written the worst in this part of the SL.

I still think there's hope for Rafe because I see that the writers do like writing for him. I agree that their conflict should come internally because Rafe has shown to forgive Sami for lies, its Sami that always thinks this next lie is the "end." and Rafe is rational enough at this point to know that Sami has always been a character that lies. At least thats what I got after she explained her lie about the letter. I think its because in the past the guys always had some fit about lies- ANY lie.

Rafe's backstory still can happen with them bringing back Emily. We dont know a lot from her (or I didnt pay enough attention) but she is also a key to Arianna's past, so maybe this "Emily" story can make these two couples more interesting?

PhilipCanDoBetter
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Mar 14 2010, 05:29 AM
IMissAremid
pixiedust
Mar 13 2010, 03:35 PM

Whoa! Mark Hapka is 28?

And Shelley is only 23?

That's insane.
Nobody on this show looks their real age. Until a while ago, I was sure JS was older than JKJ. And JKJ... I'd give him 27 tops - when he's not in scenes with MB. MB doesn't look a day older than 16, so with her JKJ looks 40.

From looks alone, I'd say SH were 25. Pretty close to her real age. But Mark Hapka being that much older than her?!
I've been reading Mark is going to be 24. I could be wrong. May 29, 1986.
Edited by PhilipCanDoBetter, Mar 14 2010, 12:16 PM.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

PhilipCanDoBetter
Mar 14 2010, 12:12 PM
OliveAnn
IMissAremid

I have been wondering his real age Jason's page says he was born in 82. Other sites say 86. So I"m like is he 23 or 27. I thought he looked 25 when I saw him so I hit right between the two.

pixiedust

BradyDiva06
Mar 14 2010, 08:21 PM
PhilipCanDoBetter
Mar 14 2010, 12:12 PM
OliveAnn

I have been wondering his real age Jason's page says he was born in 82. Other sites say 86. So I"m like is he 23 or 27. I thought he looked 25 when I saw him so I hit right between the two.
Maybe this will help to clear it up: http://romesentinel.com/news?newsid=20090311-141536

He's a cutie-pie no matter how old he is! :)

Cerulean
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 14 2010, 02:15 AM

This leads me to the biggest issue I have going forward. There is no conflict for Sami and Rafe. None. Rafe's past got dropped. This whole ransom thing is a nothing for them and it's only lingering because Sami is a moron. There needs to be something. Yes, EJ will likely stick himself between them but what happens after that? Everything is just too perfect. They need to focus a bit on internal issues with them. Push Rafe choosing his work over her. Bring back some of his past issues. Something! This is why I want EJ away from them unless they go about it from a Stefano/Marlena like standpoint. It's just time to move on and, if they are going to keep Rafe and Sami in the "perfect" bubble then they need a more viable threat that isn't a bad guy. This is where I would bring back a Lucas or Brandon. Two guys who know Sami. Two flawed but good guys. Imagine how torn Sami would be. That is a triangle. That would make things interesting for me. Send EJ to Arianna. JS shows more life in his scenes with LH then he has in weeks. To me, he knows the characters needs to move on so move him on.

Anyway, it's just funny how the story just pieced itself back together in the few episodes before Nicole's return and now you can just sense the writers collectively give a damn again. Sami and EJ have improved a bit, more EJ then Sami. I'm not shocked given Nicole seems to be the one characters since she returned in 2008 to get consistently direction and good writing. You can tell everyone has a blast writing for her and the writers almost seemed as bored without her in the story as the audience did. It's like they focused on Rafe because he's the show's current "John Black' but the story itself and Sami and EJ they couldn't be bothered with so they half-assed it all until they remembered Nicole was coming and they cared again. It's hilarious LOL but I was prepared for it and they are very lucky the Carly/Melanie/etc stuff carried things.

Anyway, that was a long rambling and I'm not even sure I covered everything or said everything like I wanted to but whatever. It's been a solid two weeks.
The biggest problem is twofold. Sami is one of daytime's most famous characters, but as a bitch and not a heroine. Also, Rafe is played by the worst actor on Days. Until recently I thought that honor went to Nadia, but she has been showing signs of life and Galen is just a lost cause.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply