Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 3/8 - 3/12
Topic Started: Mar 6 2010, 01:23 PM (15,119 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Agent Orange
Mar 7 2010, 07:53 PM
Liz<3Days
Mar 7 2010, 07:07 PM
I just think that YES, she was at a party and having too good of a time. I also think she's going to milk this "I like women/Otalia" fanbase for publicity.

I have started to like her on DAYS lately after watching her with Dan. I hope she cools down on the whole "promote at any cost," but I doubt that will happen.
It looks like a pretty good party to me. Going by public personas, she seems alot more fun to party with than AS.

And to be fair, she didn't post the pictures herself. So I wouldn't say she was milking the otalia fanbase in this instance.
You're right...it does look like a great party and she didnt post the pictures herself but unless she's coming out as a lesbian with Nadia, I feel that they are playing up to the fan base.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent Orange

Liz<3Days
Mar 7 2010, 08:01 PM
Agent Orange
Liz<3Days
Mar 7 2010, 07:07 PM
I just think that YES, she was at a party and having too good of a time. I also think she's going to milk this "I like women/Otalia" fanbase for publicity.

I have started to like her on DAYS lately after watching her with Dan. I hope she cools down on the whole "promote at any cost," but I doubt that will happen.
It looks like a pretty good party to me. Going by public personas, she seems alot more fun to party with than AS.

And to be fair, she didn't post the pictures herself. So I wouldn't say she was milking the otalia fanbase in this instance.
You're right...it does look like a great party and she didnt post the pictures herself but unless she's coming out as a lesbian with Nadia, I feel that they are playing up to the fan base.
And what's wrong with that? All the couples photoshoots does the exact same thing. SocRMum1's banner photo has AS and JS playing up the ejamis fanbase. It's everywhere.

On How I Met Your Mother, I was a big fan of Robin and Barney and if some photos of Neil and Colby surfaced with them being groping each I wouldn't think anything of it. I wouldn't feel manipulated or expect Neil to not act that way because he's gay.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Agent Orange
Mar 7 2010, 08:44 PM
Liz<3Days
Agent Orange

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
And what's wrong with that? All the couples photoshoots does the exact same thing. SocRMum1's banner photo has AS and JS playing up the ejamis fanbase. It's everywhere.

On How I Met Your Mother, I was a big fan of Robin and Barney and if some photos of Neil and Colby surfaced with them being groping each I wouldn't think anything of it. I wouldn't feel manipulated or expect Neil to not act that way because he's gay.
I didnt say there's anything wrong. I dont know how the lesbian fanbase feel since I'm not in that fanbase. Some other posters mentioned that the some lesbians are upset over the playing up to them, hoping they would watch because there's lesbians on the show and not because its a well written story regardless of sexual orientation.

I dont watch How I met your Mother, but I believe NPN is playing a straight guy, so how would NPH's life play into that?

Photo-shoot are publicity shots specifically used to promote specific characters in a show. This wasn't in character (or was it...)

Edited by Liz<3Days, Mar 7 2010, 08:58 PM.

Agent Orange

Liz<3Days
Mar 7 2010, 08:57 PM
Agent Orange
Mar 7 2010, 08:44 PM
Liz<3Days

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

I didnt say there's anything wrong. I dont know how the lesbian fanbase feel since I'm not in that fanbase. Some other posters mentioned that the some lesbians are upset over the playing up to them, hoping they would watch because there's lesbians on the show and not because its a well written story regardless of sexual orientation.

I dont watch How I met your Mother, but I believe NPN is playing a straight guy, so how would NPH's life play into that?

Photo-shoot are publicity shots specifically used to promote specific characters in a show. This wasn't in character (or was it...)

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you thought it was wrong. I was going to reply to several post and got distracted by the Oscars.

I meant if NPH had candids surface showing him with his love interest on the show, I would think they were just goofing around like CC ad NB and not just playing up the fanbases.

AlteredStates

Crystal has a history of public kissage involving boys and girls. Here she is with Christian LeBlanc before Guiding Light signed off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7T9vJn7Gc

Kenny
Member Avatar

AlteredStates
Mar 7 2010, 10:05 PM
Crystal has a history of public kissage involving boys and girls. Here she is with Christian LeBlanc before Guiding Light signed off:

Damn! She's such a sexy kisser.

Fryday
Member Avatar

AlteredStates
Mar 7 2010, 10:05 PM

I think the thing is nobody even remotely believes there's anything going on between CC and LeBlanc. But the line between fiction and reality seems to be blurring between Nadia and CC and I guess the question is are they doing that on purpose or not.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm allergic to lesbians and cats. They both give me hives and break me out in a rash.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Mar 8 2010, 11:21 AM
I'm allergic to lesbians and cats. They both give me hives and break me out in a rash.
Thank you. Pussy, in any formation, is just destructive.
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 8 2010, 11:21 AM
From contact? Because you can probably refrain from rubbing them all over yourself. Probably.

libra67

I had to see what everyone was talking about since Monday's show has not even aired here and I just have to say this is not what I expected.

So all this lesbian talk has got me thinking, what if this SL everyone is expecting with Carly/Daniel/Chloe where either Darly or Danloe is the rooting couple turns out to be a Chloe/Carly(Charly) rooting couple thing instead.
Edited by libra67, Mar 8 2010, 12:31 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I would be completely shocked if they made Carly and Chloe a couple. At the same time, you might be on to something.

libra67

Honestly I would be shocked too. Has days ever did a gay storyline at all?? If so I do not remember one and I have watched(when I was not on hiatus) for over 30 years. It would defianately be something most would not see coming.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

libra67
Mar 8 2010, 12:28 PM
Honestly I would be shocked too. Has days ever did a gay storyline at all?? If so I do not remember one and I have watched(when I was not on hiatus) for over 30 years. It would defianately be something most would not see coming.
Has Days ever even had an openly gay character, let alone a gay storyline? I guess there's that intern guy but I mean, an actual longterm non-day player character? I mean, I highly doubt that they actually intend to go for a Chloe/Carly romance but I guess we should never say never.

libra67

Paxton
Mar 8 2010, 12:38 PM
libra67
Mar 8 2010, 12:28 PM
Has Days ever even had an openly gay character, let alone a gay storyline? I guess there's that intern guy but I mean, an actual longterm non-day player character? I mean, I highly doubt that they actually intend to go for a Chloe/Carly romance but I guess we should never say never.
I honestly do not expect to see a Carly/Chloe pairing any more than I do an EJ/Stephanie pairing but it would be an interesting twist and your right never say never.
Edited by libra67, Mar 8 2010, 12:42 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

chloe today: because no matter what the circumstance, if i was lucky enough to have a baby, i would never give her up. never.

translation: ...unless i got a really bad scratch on my face and had to fake my own death.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 8 2010, 12:44 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Today's show bored me to tears....

It was like Days of Our Whining Lives.

libra67

I watched the whole show today

Other than more Melanie crying :drunk: I enjoyed the Daniel/Melanie scenes and again she just seems so young.
Plus I don't like Melanie.

It was a good show. I all now excited to see what Sami does to EJ when she finds out the truth about Sydney's kidnapping after I am sure some sort of Ejami revisit.

I enjoyed the Steph/Carolyn conversation and Steph is right I am sure her not giving the letter will be misunderstood too. She does dress well. Always enjoy Steph/Phil scenes :wub:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow, Stephanie sharing scenes with Bradys?! I thought they forgot she was a member of that family.

pixiedust

Poof! Lez Liplock pic is gone

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply