Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 82nd Annual Academy Awards; Live @ 8:30 PM on ABC
Topic Started: Mar 7 2010, 03:59 PM (5,381 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ricardo Montalban is to me a bigger snub.
Edited by Drew, Mar 9 2010, 12:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 8 2010, 02:18 PM
Fawcett, Bea Arthur, Ricardo Montalban. All forgotten. But we have to throw the obligitory Michael Jackson shot in there to appease his groupies. Even when he contributes nothing to the medium he's being memorialized in. :frustration:
As much as I love MJ, I agree with you. I would love an explanation as to why some of the snubs occurred. Bea Arthur the main one I don't understand. At the moment I can only think of one movie MJ did.
Edited by wiggleworm, Mar 9 2010, 02:03 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Bea Arthur, as great as she was had very limited film credits. Similar to MJ. Ricardo Montalban is the one that shocks me the most. Co-starring with Clark Gabel, Lana Turner, Esther Williams, Marlon Brando and being in 20 films from 1947-1957 alone I guess isnt enough.

Oh well, I'll still remember you KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Drew
Mar 9 2010, 02:47 AM
Bea Arthur, as great as she was had very limited film credits. Similar to MJ. Ricardo Montalban is the one that shocks me the most. Co-starring with Clark Gabel, Lana Turner, Esther Williams, Marlon Brando and being in 20 films from 1947-1957 alone I guess isnt enough.

Oh well, I'll still remember you KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
:hail: :hail:

The memorial was just a mess and the Academy's refusal to admit any wrong doing, while not surprising, is classless.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 8 2010, 03:56 PM
Academy Refuses to Apologize for Farrah Fawcett Snub
Today 11:09 AM PST by Whitney English and Ashley Fultz

"I would not say that it was an oversight," Leslie Unger, spokeswoman for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, tells E! News. "No matter how carefully and how conscientiously people address who is included, there are people who just simply can't be."

"In any given year there will always be some people that other people think should have been included and that there's more justification for one person versus another," says Unger. "It is impossible to include everybody."

"I think this is what Farrah struggled with her entire career," says Craig Nevius, Fawcett's close friend and producer of her documentary, Farrah's Story. "She struggled with respect and told me many times she felt she was put in a box.

"She loved television, and she was primarily a star on TV, but she was also a star on stage and film. You know, how you can discount Extremities [which earned her a Globe nom for Best Actress in a Drama], The Apostle [which earned her an Independent Spirit nom for Best Supporting Actress] and Dr. T and the Women, I don't know.

"I think it would be very big of them to own up to the mistake, but I also think it might set a dangerous precedent for them, which is why they probably won't do it," says Nevius of the Academy.

And it sounds like he's right.

"Every year there are many difficult decisions that have to be made and not everybody who passed during the year can be included," says Unger. "That's the unfortunate reality."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/detail.jsp?contentId=170673
BS.I've watched the oscars for YEARS and this is the first time I've noticed something like this.I think someone messed up and they just don't wanna own up to it.BUT let's say that statement is true,they honestly expect people to believe that they could not have included just a picture or a small clip for even 3 tiny seconds,they did a whole big tribute to John Hughes,great director but he could have been just added with everyone else to save time and since when would Oscars be worried about time, they go over the scheduled time every year anyways,longest Oscars I ever saw was about 5 hours long years and years ago.The whole thing is just inexcuseable,I myself loved Michael Jackson,but he wasn't an actor,yeah he contributed some songs to a few films,but he wasn't an actor,except for ''The Wiz'' being his only movie role,they should have put Farrah in and kept Michael out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply