Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Arleen Sorkin (Calliope Jones) Back to Days for Short Run; *UPDATED 3/18*
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:01 PM (4,763 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

SOD Breaking News

Sorkin Back to DAYS
Soap Opera Digest has learned that fan favorite Arleen Sorkin, who appeared as DAYS's Calliope from 1984 to 1990, and made brief returns in 1992 and February, 2006, will be back in May for a short run. "They just called me and asked if I wanted to do it!" she says. "I didn't really let it register, but now it's real! My dialogue? That I ever remembered lines is unbelievable! I emailed Leann [Hunley, Anna] and said, 'You have to work with me. My brain is Teflon.' " She reports to the set today, March 8.

SOD:Sorkin Back to Days

Arleen (Calliope) is headed back to Salem in May. Arleen initially thought the call for her to come back had something to do with the passing of Frances Reid. “I thought they were going to do a funeral on the show for Frances. And if truly, they hadn’t called me, I would have been pissed! Because they didn’t call me for anybody’s funeral. But that’s not why they called me.”

Sorkin is looking forward to being reteamed with Leann Hunley, who played her on-screen boss two decades ago.

So far she booked for 6 shows, “And they want to book more, “ Arleen enthuses. “I don’t know this new guy (Gary Tomlin), but everybody loves him.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great news. Hopefully, she will get to mourn Alice while she is there.

lysie
Member Avatar

Interesting. I was just thinking about her...

I'd really prefer Eugene.
Edited by lysie, Mar 8 2010, 01:07 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

she'll always be Harley Quinn to be.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Calliope was always such a fun character. Days has sorely been lacking in humor so this is good news for Salem. I'm guessing she will interact with Anna. Didn't Calliope and Anna work together at Dimera Designs?

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Mar 8 2010, 01:14 PM
Calliope was always such a fun character. Days has sorely been lacking in humor so this is good news for Salem. I'm guessing she will interact with Anna. Didn't Calliope and Anna work together at Dimera Designs?
They did. Of course, she's also a wedding planner now...

HJBJDJ

Yes, Calliopi was Anna's streemstress at Anna DiMera designs. I wonder what Anna is going to be up to now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow! Love her!

I guess it's not as out of the blue as it was in 2006. The fact that she was back only a few years ago suggests she is ready and willing. Still, it is random enough for me to think they have to have a reason for this and aren't just doing it for the hell of it. I'm thinking she could be someone coming back for the Alice stuff but that they will use her for something else too, probably involving Anna as others noted.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Her and Anna were best friends. It'll be great to see them interact again. I enjoy this news very much.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 01:16 PM
dc cubs
Yeah, that's my guess. Any weddings coming up in April/May?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Melly

I would assume she's being brought in to say goodbye to Alice. Theys aid in the recent SOD that they are making Alice sick and that everyone will know she's at her end so they will slowly bring in people that are close to her or related to say goodbye one at a time and that since they are so far ahead Alice won't die till May sweeps

Mason
Member Avatar

Very nice! I can't wait to see her and Anna reunited.

desertgal

Awesome news! I loved Caliope.

Ellie

Melly
Mar 8 2010, 01:35 PM
I would assume she's being brought in to say goodbye to Alice. Theys aid in the recent SOD that they are making Alice sick and that everyone will know she's at her end so they will slowly bring in people that are close to her or related to say goodbye one at a time and that since they are so far ahead Alice won't die till May sweeps
I don't think SOD would post it in this way if that's what the appearance was for. I'm sure at some point in the near future, SOD will post a list of "returnees" for that purpose. But the way this item is worded makes it sound like this is for the purpose of another storyline.

lysie
Member Avatar

Melly
If that's what this is for, they better do a better job than bringing back Calliope. Alice was still semi-around the last time she came back, and I don't think she even mentioned her.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Mar 8 2010, 01:30 PM
lysie
Mar 8 2010, 01:16 PM
dc cubs
Yeah, that's my guess. Any weddings coming up in April/May?
Maybe
Spoiler: click to toggle

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Crazy thing is, I just had a dream that she returned and shared scenes with Anna. :lol: I can't wait to see what she's back for. Hopefully, it has to do with Anna and it won't be so random like it was back in 2006 when she returned to plan Marlena's wedding.

sungrey

All right! One of my fan faves from the past is back!! I'm betting this might be for Alice, although I hope she interacts with others while she's there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Mar 8 2010, 01:38 PM
Melly
I don't think SOD would post it in this way if that's what the appearance was for. I'm sure at some point in the near future, SOD will post a list of "returnees" for that purpose. But the way this item is worded makes it sound like this is for the purpose of another storyline.
That would be the best thing to do but, since we are likely to hear about the returns one by one as Corday gets the deals done over a period of time, it will likely be this way.

Who knows though. I'm not so sure a show has ever done something like Days is doing with Alice. Usually, you see everyone come back in one big swoop so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I do think she is back for more then wedding planning, although that could be part of it. This regime doesn't bring people back without some sort of story purpose whether that means for Anna or Alice's memorial.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Can't wait to see her and Anna back together again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply